Members:   Log In Sign Up

What's the Point.....?!

So then, ANOTHER transfer window goes by when we're outspent by the likes of Stoke, Birmingham & fuckin' Sunderland....

I was in a bad mood yesterday simply coz there is no excitement in or around Goodison anymore; just look at the way Moyes has been over the last week or two. It?s a fuckin? miracle that he?s not just chucked his cards in by now and told Everton to fuck off.

Having said that, if you were Kenwright and the manager had frankly wasted £26M on Fellaini & Billy recently, would you give him any more cash?.?! I understand that £35M on Carroll is double the price at least, but at least that shower of shite have something to look forward to at the next home game.

What with Spurs and City joining Arsenal, The Shite, Chelski and the Mancs near the top and Newcastle, Villa, Sunderland, West Ham et al ALL having cash to spend, where the fuck does that leave Everton?

I?ll tell ya where; the ground is a fuckin? shed (regardless how much history is there), we?re a fuckin? laughin? stock AGAIN, the players have given up, to board is skint and doesn?t want to inject cash in to a venture that is futile to say the least and, most upsettingly, everyone in the ground has given up too. What will happen when Cahill & Saha fuck off ? coz they?re the only ones scoring after all? Who are we going to buy? I?m sure you?ll all agree that it doesn?t look good does it?

I live in Northumberland and these days it?s costin? £100 (at least) & 6 hours + to get to the game, then home again. Where is the support from the club that I love; WHERE THE FUCK is the commitment to me that I?ve shown towards Everton after moving up here and keeping my season ticket since doing so??! Other than the fact that I see family and mates at the game, what incentive is there for me to go and watch the team that I have supported ALL MY LIFE?

Dunno about you lot, but I?m on the verge of jackin? it all in coz there seems little fuckin? point in my opinion; that my fellow Toffee?s is the most upsetting thing about it all.
Andy Callan, Northumberland     Posted 02/02/2011 at 08:57:30

Comments

Steve Cotton
1   Posted 02/02/2011 at 14:10:27

The difference between this time and previous times when the club have been struggling are down to potential.

In the past we have accepted that we are playing poorly and thought that well at least we will probably bring someone new into the team that can change everything positively. At lease we could potentially improve the team in the next transfer window.

Now we know we are skint, we are selling players and not replacing them, the players are underperforming and there appears no way out. Kenwright is too busy plugging his next production to seriously find a buyer for the club. He doesn't want to sell up and move on and there is the crux of the problem. There is no potential way out.

The manager has his hands tied and has become stale (he will admit it himself). We currently have no potential of improvement until all the above problems are addressed. What's worse, the teams that are normally below us seem to have found access to funds and they are all improving but us...

Ok before someone slags me off for being too pessimistic then just wait until one or two of the remaining big players legs it in the summer and then tell me you see an end to this downward spiral...
Craig Taylor
2   Posted 02/02/2011 at 14:20:11

I wish people would stop saying Fellaini was a wase of money.

He genrally dictates the midfield game. Chelsea and Aresnal both found him hard to play against recently.

As for Bily, he is only a waste of money because he doesnt get given a chance. Bily has said himself that Moyes has praised him in training, so he must be doing alright there. He did pretty well against Chelsea, and when he went off last night the game changed. Ok that was a coincidence but he is better than Osman. Also with more regular game time I still think he will be decent for us.
Jamie Tulacz
3   Posted 02/02/2011 at 14:26:54

Craig- agree with you completely, ridiculous to say that Fellaini is a waste of me. He's been our best player for quite a while now as he was for a good spell last season, and yet again last night dominated the midfield in the first half at least.

As for Bily, still not convinced, I actually thought Osman looked more threatening when he came on last night, though plenty seem to disagree. Just seems a bit slow in movement and reactions to me, to play well in the Premiership. A decent spell in the side might help, but I'm not convinced.
Sean Smythe
4   Posted 02/02/2011 at 14:26:53

Steve, I think you've hit the nail on the head. We've been down this dark and gloomy path before, but we expected things to be so different this season.
Steven Astley
5   Posted 02/02/2011 at 15:39:51

Fucking hell Andy are you real?.. and,Fellaini a waste of money?!!!

Times seem a little bleak at the moment, but why don't you quit fucking whinging about it.

In fact, why don't you 'jack it all in' as you say and fuck off. We don't need fans like you moaning about the state of play all the time.
James Stewart
6   Posted 02/02/2011 at 15:51:41

Fellaini a waste of Money what planet are you on! He is by far our best player at present.

Bily is completely stunted by Moyes. He is not a winger and never will be. Play him in his proper position and watch the goals fly in!
Chris Keightley
7   Posted 02/02/2011 at 15:52:11

Steven Astley - thats the way he feels - he has a right to express it, not to be told to fuck off - its the likes of you with little or no manners that are the turds of this site!!
Gerard Carey
8   Posted 02/02/2011 at 16:02:43

What happens if Moyes does pack it in, a caretaker for the rest of the season cause no one would want the job with that chairman.
Craig Walker
9   Posted 02/02/2011 at 14:56:55

According to Moyes, we only lost last night though because their best player, having used some naughty words at half time, was allowed to stay on the pitch.

I'm the first to aportion blame to referees etc but this is stretching it.

We scored an offside goal FFS.
Liam Reilly
10   Posted 02/02/2011 at 17:01:08

Fellaini a waste of money: Jesus Wept.

Best player in a blue shirt lately and never hides.
Mike Williams
11   Posted 02/02/2011 at 17:08:43

How can Fellaini be a waste of money because more than likely if we sold him i would imagine we would make a profit.
Peter Dry
12   Posted 02/02/2011 at 17:02:52

Craig, Moyes is a master of spin. He has everyone concentrating on Fabregas' 'disgusting' comments rather than our disgusting defending. He's been at it for years now, and to his credit with great success. Hasn't Cameron recently lost his spin doctor? If Moyes' wages weren't so high i'm sure No 10 would snap him up.
Paul Olsen
13   Posted 02/02/2011 at 18:56:17

Moyes is an idiot, sorry to say so.
Mike Hargreaves
14   Posted 02/02/2011 at 18:58:58

We have to blame someone don't we, but at the end of the day EFC is a business with overheads and in business you have to more coming in than going out and thats life, simple.
We all say we love the club and hate BK for non investment and risking his own dosh. All it takes is 500 Everton fans, take a £100k mortgage on you home, thats £50m and the club is yours, put your money where your heart is. Thats whats you tell BK
Gavin Ramejkis
15   Posted 02/02/2011 at 19:16:55

Mike last rumour was the club was for sale £150m upwards which is a fucking disgrace, I'd rather burn my money that give it to that self interested blue rinsed nonce.
Mark Pierpoint
16   Posted 02/02/2011 at 20:48:09

exactly Gavin. that is my issue Kenwright bought us for 20m. He should be looking at selling his 60% for 40m tops. This makes the value of the club around 80m. What exactly justifies a higher value?
Tom Bowers
17   Posted 02/02/2011 at 23:18:48

Everyone has different opinions about different players at Goodison which is okay but what it really boils down to is the team selection and tactics.
Unfortunately Moyes for all his good work before this season has come undone mainly through his management. We do have class players who on their day are more than a match for any team, just ask Liverpool,Spurs and Man.City.
However when you are losing and need a goal to get a point you have to bring on a striker with fresh legs and Moyes failed to do that against Arsenal. Can someone please explain why he didn't bring on Beckford. Please don't tell me Anichebe was the answer.
The blues had a great first half and even got lucky with the goal but like many games this season they fell away in the second half
Was this something Kenright questioned Moyes about or does he no longer care. The both of them better wake up soon as we are now only 3 points away from West Ham who are getting results. If ever we needed to win a game it has to be the next against Blackpool.
I really hope Cahill is fit.
Sean McCarthy
18   Posted 03/02/2011 at 00:24:47

Mark are you saying that if your bought a house for say 60k a few years ago but thanx to the boom tears it's now worth 200k you should only ask for say 120k if your looking at selling coz afterall you've doubled your money and it would be greedy to ask for more?? Unusual logic!!
BK can ask for any price he likes as he's the seller. It mightn't help us too much but I doubt that bothers him too much
Liu Weixian
19   Posted 03/02/2011 at 05:38:30

Sean, of course that does not bother Kenwright too much: a scumbag like him can hardly be expected to have any decency, yea? People can say all they like about Everton being an unattractive prospect for potential investors because of the debt and crumbling stadium, but these reasons do not let Kenwright off the hook. The club has poor marketing; the business model sucks; it has no sense of corporate responsibility to its stakeholders; and there has been little or no effort to address the mounting issues. As the chairman, Kenwright has to take responsibility!
Andy Callan
20   Posted 04/02/2011 at 19:49:53

Steve @ 5

Well, well, well - what a big girl you are....

I have opinions; I'm entitled to my opinion.

You Sir, are obviously an idiot - it is you who should fuck right off IN MY OPINION, as people like you still are walkin' around with your blue-tinted specs on.

Costs me a fuckin fortune to watch Everton - I bet you don't even fuckin' go - and if I want to moan about the simple lack of talent on the pitch then I will.

Oh and Fellaini is shite - never beats a man; hasn't got enough assists & doesn't score enough goals. Simple as that. Mind you he's not the only one who is fuckin' useless I can tell ya.

Up yours lad and go and boil yer head.