Is Kenwright about to pull the Billionaire Rabbit out of the Hat?

With all the rumours of players wages, administration etc, it got me thinking of the latest news of Billy Boy hitting Hollywood, in search of investment (there's that word again).

Is it possible, that Bill and Ben, sorry Bobby (as in Earl), are actually doing something constructive for Everton? Could it be that Billy Boy and Bobby are going to return to these shores with the mythical investment secured?

I know, I know... stop taking the tablets and all that, but is it as far fetched as it seems?

Could Kenwright actually pull the billionaire rabbit out of the hat, in what seems his and our hour of need?

I got my hair cut today in Formby, and while chatting (moaning) about all things Everton, the barber informs me that he cut a guy's hair a couple of weeks ago, who told him then that Bill was in America organising investment; apparently the guy is in the know, and is a friend of Kendall's.

Not much there to get excited about, you might say... but, what if it is happening, and Bill and Ben, sorry. Bobby. are speaking to a few wealthy people? And Ben ? I mean Bobby must know a few, after all, he's Mr Holliwood, isn't he?

Just imagine, a small group of people who might be persuaded to put $100 million in each, to own and invest in a top flight Premier League club... a consortium: Rocky, Arnie, Bruce, Tarentino... small change to most of them.

I now fully expect a takeover/investment is imimnent.

The ultimate Rabbit for Bill?

Robert Daniels, Liverpool     Posted 02/02/2011 at 22:54:22

Comments

Shaun Brennan
1   Posted 03/02/2011 at 07:18:29

Craig Taylor
2   Posted 03/02/2011 at 07:24:23

No, "Hollywood where dreams are made"
Craig Taylor
3   Posted 03/02/2011 at 07:24:23

No, "Hollywood where dreams are made"
Gavin Ramejkis
4   Posted 03/02/2011 at 07:45:59

The gobshite is on holiday giving it the big I am, he couldn't find investment for 10 years he should be looking for a buyer
Brian Williams
5   Posted 03/02/2011 at 07:51:13

He may well be looking for investment, but not o the scale or in the way we need it I'm afraid.
He'd be looking for a deal that keeps him in charge at Everton and while he wants to do that, and all that goes with it, we'll not make the leap we need to.
We need to sell........
Albert Dock
6   Posted 03/02/2011 at 08:16:50

Spot on!

Our new owners will be a mega rich family from Texas. They own oil wells and have interests in many other concerns,

They have been keeping a low profile recently but expect them to enter onto the world stage shortly.

I can reveal exclusively that they are the Ewing family from Southfork, Dallas.

They wish to diversify away from hydrocarbon based products and seek an alternative revenue source that will bring their family name to the fore.

Believe me, one day soon you'll wake up in the shower and realise that all the bad years were just a nightmare.

Welcome Chairman J.R.

Tony McNulty
7   Posted 03/02/2011 at 08:33:57

The only haircut is the one our budget will continue to take until we get investment.

One day our ownership and/or the investment situation will change, but I haven't seen anything yet which looks to be advancing the rather relaxed timetable which Bill and Co are evidently pursuing.
Col Noon
8   Posted 03/02/2011 at 08:46:09

In answer......No.
Russell Buckley
9   Posted 03/02/2011 at 08:32:13

Nothing would please me more than to have this little rumour come true.

But until I see the likes of Sly and Arnie at the next general meeting you will have to excuse me for preferring to go off Bill's track record instead.

Anthony Hughes
10   Posted 03/02/2011 at 09:04:21

The only Rabbit Kenwright could come up with would be Roger fucking Rabbit.
Garry Martin
11   Posted 03/02/2011 at 09:08:22

No Americans thank you !!
Alan Clarke
12   Posted 03/02/2011 at 09:04:05

This always happens, I'm surprised any of you still fall for it. After every transfer window or during any bad spell where Kenwright's 'leadership' is called into question, suddenly there's rumours of an iminent buy out. During our last run of bad form it was the Qatar Royal family. We've had countless other rumours including some Russian paper producer (that made the Times). The timing of these is always calculated.

With all the talk of protests at the Blackpool game, the only rabbit out of the hat is Kenwright managing to avert a protest by spreading bullshit. Don't be fooled by this, it's total and utter crap.
Phil Bellis
13   Posted 03/02/2011 at 09:17:55

Time and games are running out - I'd settle for 15 more points this season
Then, turn up the heat of this shameful board of directors
God, what a shambles
Ian Bonnette
14   Posted 03/02/2011 at 09:27:08

It wasnt Doddy speaking to your hairdresser was it? Doesnt he live in formby? Everything that comes from him is always true.....not!!
John Audsley
15   Posted 03/02/2011 at 09:16:15

Sadly it aint gonna happen

Suprised (if it was true) that Bill hasn't come out and gone off on one about it

Normally after the transfer windows he says "im currently talkin to 2/3 parties"

He will only leave in a box, and then demand to be buried at the centre spot of GP

Seriously, who would want to invest in our current business model??

Take it over and start again maybe, BUT BK only wants investment on his terms
James Elworthy
16   Posted 03/02/2011 at 09:29:53

I was behind the cleaning lady at Finch Farm in the Coop checkout queue she told me the same thing as the barber in Formby so it must be true, and the check out girl told me Arnold Schwarznegger had just been in to buy a cigar and ask directions to Finch Farm.
Blue Bill has been notable by his silence he only comes out when things go well. I remember when Johnson was chairman he was always in Goodison Road before the match assuring fans he would save the club, shaking hands with everyone he could like a politician on election day. You never see him now as the buck well and truly stops with him he is responsible for this season and its demise.
Andrew Heaton
17   Posted 03/02/2011 at 09:33:26

Robert are you currently residing at Ashworth Hospital?
Anthony Jaras
18   Posted 03/02/2011 at 09:37:44

I can't remember the last time I felt this low as an Evertonian, oh yes I can, the '94 season we Leeds beat us 3-0 at Elland Road and it seemed certain that we would go down.

We are in dire straits and only a miracle can save us now.

Have we ever been this poor? No! Have we ever been this unattractive to any potential investors? No! If we couldn't get investment when we finished 4th, we won't get it now.
John Keating
19   Posted 03/02/2011 at 09:52:18

If he's in the States it will only to be with business on his theatre shit.
It's not just Kenwright who needs a good look at himself the entire board and Elstone need shifting asap.
Grantchester is a complete waste of space.
John Moores - God bless him - will be turning in his grave
Where oh where has all the money gone ??
Richard Dodd
20   Posted 03/02/2011 at 10:10:44

I get my haircut in Formby and I`ve heard nothing!
Robert Elliott
21   Posted 03/02/2011 at 10:08:15

Anthony, clearly you've erased the 97-98 season (or Kendall Mk 3) from your memory if you can't remember things being as bad as this!

A starting line-up with included Tony Thomas, Gareth Farrelly, John Oster and John Spencer still brings me out in a cold sweat now!

Understand your negativity though. As for investment, I think we all suspect Kenwright wasn't looking for it when we'd finished fourth, which would've been the time to do so.

I'm still not convinced he is now either. I'm sure he's hoping we produce our customary storming finish to the season, which I think we can, and that will buy him a bit of respite over another investment-less summer. Hopefully this time though, the message will get across that Evertonians have finally had enough.
Guy Hastings
22   Posted 03/02/2011 at 10:16:00

Anthony#10 - Jessica Rabbit would do me.
Chris Fisher
23   Posted 03/02/2011 at 10:17:44

Ha! No
Shaun Brennan
24   Posted 03/02/2011 at 10:17:05

What ever happened to the three interested parties Kenright (himself stated) that he was in discussion with as little as last September?
Anthony Jaras
25   Posted 03/02/2011 at 10:20:05

Robert, the difference with then and now is that we were nowhere near financial ruin then like we are now pal.

I never thought it would come to this but we are on the bones of our arse as a club and I see no way out.
Marc Williams
26   Posted 03/02/2011 at 10:18:28

Robert Daniels..... Good job you're not Roberta isn't it, as it sounds like you'd fall for anything.
With that kind of 'I want to believe' attitude, you'd end up shafted on the casting couch in no time!
Howard Don
27   Posted 03/02/2011 at 10:24:17

I get my hair cut in Lydiate, which everyone knows is much closer to the epicentre of football gossip and I haven't heard a thing. File under rubbish Robert.
Robert Elliott
28   Posted 03/02/2011 at 10:31:07

Anthony, fair point mate. I'm still sceptical that we're heading into administration but we've certainly hit the limit on all the company credit cards.

Perhaps the only way Kenwright will ever leave is if it becomes almost impossible for him to stay. Maybe a positive will come out of this if his hand is forced into releasing control of the train set.

As for investment, I still think we're a decent option for someone. In the last released financial figures we were 7th in the so-called richest league in the world in terms of turnover, we have a stadium which may be dated but is still the 9th largest in the country and we have a large and loyal fan base. This theory that Everton fans are locally based doesn't wash with me. I'm from the Midlands and I know of a lot of Everton fans from this neck of the woods. Add in our history and the fact that we're only a player or two away from being a top six contender, and I do think someone will want us. The reason is hasn't happened before now? We've not been for sale!
Gavin Ramejkis
29   Posted 03/02/2011 at 10:37:23

Shaun #25 that's because they didn't exist same as the Qatar Royal Family wanting in, The Russian wanting in, the FSF cheque and until he drops dead or is ousted there will be more, all figments of Billy Liar's imagination that he pulls out when he is backed into a corner knowing some gullible fools will fall for it again. Regular as clockwork whenever we are in the shit a leaked media story or rumours start to fly around at investment chances, three guesses where they all originate from; the deranged fantasist desk of Billy Bullshitter.
Jimmy Hacking
30   Posted 03/02/2011 at 10:52:27

This is a joke, right? If anyone believes this they need sectioning
Colin Malone
31   Posted 03/02/2011 at 10:45:36

Blue Bill; Hey Rocky do you want to invest some of your millions in our great club?

Rocky; No but i,ll make you an offer to buy your great club.

Blue Bill; Na.
Anthony Jaras
32   Posted 03/02/2011 at 10:57:25

Spot on Colin.
Tim Spring
33   Posted 03/02/2011 at 11:19:01

Maybe Blue Bill is a compulsive liar! We've just uncovered one at work and he doesn't even realise when he is telling the truth or not, even when it is clearly rubbish spouting out his mouth.

If this is the case with BK he might genuinely think he is getting investment or potential buyers for the club, when actualy he is just sitting on his arse with Blood Brothers on the DVD player!
Shaun Brennan
34   Posted 03/02/2011 at 11:19:01

Gavin Ramejkis (30) my feeling that these 3 mysterious investors were indeeed the catering partner - Sodexo and Kitbag plus annother.. For the Park end development, but that got announced in August?? Kenright was just dragging that news on!! The man is a cretin who you only see on a good day!

Leon Perrin
35   Posted 03/02/2011 at 11:35:06

I live in the midlands and shave my own head, I too have heard nothing.
Alex Kociuba
36   Posted 03/02/2011 at 11:43:29

If my barber was right we'd be watching Moutinho and Riquelme every other week in Kirkby.
Norman Merrill
37   Posted 03/02/2011 at 12:05:17

After reading some of the comments on here and receiving texts from red friends, regarding our financial plight,
I would not be surprised if James Cameron took it on as his next blockbuster " Death Of A Once Great Club"
We all know who could have the lead role, and I bet that the regulars on here could name the supporting cast.
But joking apart, something has got to
be done, as rumours & conjecture mount.
Then the performances on the pitch have to vastly improve.
Dave Lynch
38   Posted 03/02/2011 at 12:54:04

My wife cuts my hair.
The only thing she said was.

"This bloody kitchen needs decorating, when are you going to pull your finger out and do it".

The only thing Kenwright is pulling is our legs !
Andy Codling
39   Posted 03/02/2011 at 13:02:48

I dont trust my Barber, hes always talking behind my back
Jason Thomas
40   Posted 03/02/2011 at 13:00:58

Definition of investment: Laying out money or capital in an enterprise with the expectation of profit.
Definition of donation: A voluntary gift (as of money or service or ideas) made to some worthwhile cause.
I hope BK is looking for a buyer and not an investor, because I know which on the above we are.
Stephen Kenny
41   Posted 03/02/2011 at 13:14:07

Speaking of rumours, David Moyes has supposedly walked out today, supposed to be an announcement this evening. IMO bullshit.
Ste Blundell
42   Posted 03/02/2011 at 13:23:48

My barber suffers from catarrh but he wouldn't cough up any info.
Lee Courtliff
43   Posted 03/02/2011 at 13:59:07

I hope you're right mate,but come on.It's even more far fetched than when Rocky fought Ivan Drago and despite taking the beating of a lifetime,he only had one black eye and slightly bloody nose come the end of the fight!! Great film though....."to beat me,he's gonna have to kill me!" We could do with some of that spirit!!Especially "Big" Vic.
Jim Burns
44   Posted 03/02/2011 at 14:07:18

Just had my toe nails cut in Garston, by an old guy who's wife knows Rooney (quite well apparently), and she 's heard that he regrets ever leaving Everton and now realises its not all about money and success and wants to come back and take a wage cut.

He's also heard about Kenwrights business trip and is strongly believed to be waiting for the investment deal of the century to be announced by Bill some time next week on Al Jazeera...at which point he'll be announcing his decision to leave Utd in the Summer and come home.

Shit...is that the time? Must have dozed off again.

Marc Williams
45   Posted 03/02/2011 at 14:07:45

Stephen Kenny...Yep, apparently his barber had been reading toffeeweb & told him he ..." needed to grow a pair , before he could wax em"..so he walked.
Jay Harris
46   Posted 03/02/2011 at 14:27:55

Dream on Robert.

He is doing his expert "Con artist" act in Hollywood so he can get some money to pay Green and Earl off.

Nothing more nothing less.

Watch this space and go "Wow" when you hear the news.
Craig Walker
47   Posted 03/02/2011 at 15:17:01

Knowing Bill, he'll have sold the rabbit for about half of what it's worth and he probably never had the hat in the first place. He's a master magician at making things disappear. To be fair to him, he's working 24/7 to find us another rabbit.

He's also waiting for us to string 3 consecutive decent results together so that he can appear on Football Focus and Soccer Saturday to remind us how grateful we should be that Moyes is amongst the best in the world.
Eugene Ruane
48   Posted 03/02/2011 at 15:38:56

"I have been looking for a hat 24/7...but I'm bored answering questions about rabbits so I'm not going to (places string of onions around neck) did I ever tell you about Davey Hickson?"
Alan Clarke
49   Posted 03/02/2011 at 16:14:28

He saw this rabbit and thought 'WOW!'.

Also who is Roberta Daniels? Will I get sacked if I google her at work?
Les Martin
50   Posted 03/02/2011 at 16:15:10

A haircut in Formby, I hope it turned out nice again? Heh heh heh heh !

As for Kenwright pulling a rabbit out of the hat, wrong continent ? he should be in China, it's their year.
Mike Allison
51   Posted 03/02/2011 at 16:31:49

"I got my hair cut today in Formby, and while chatting (moaning) about all things Everton, the barber informs me that he cut a guy's hair a couple of weeks ago, who told him then that Bill was in America organising investment; apparently the guy is in the know, and is a friend of Kendall's"

We all hope you're right and someone's about to give us loads of money, but this is the best one of them of all time. "My barber's other client is a mate of Kendall and he said..." classic.
Robert Daniels
52   Posted 03/02/2011 at 16:20:34

My feelings about the bullshitter are well known, and I've told him to his face!

Most things I write about Billyboy don't get posted.

But, backed up into a corner, with the noose finaly tightening round his brass neck, I feel the only option to him is the rabbit!

Jay @ 46, That's probably nearer the mark, conning his next victim/invester ie Gregg/Green/Earl, etc.

Albert @ 6, Spot on,

Andrew @ 17, If he doesn't go soon, we will all be in there mate!

Richard @ 20, Are you the barber?

Eugine @ 48, Class.
Ray Roche
53   Posted 03/02/2011 at 18:03:23

I thought he was in Hollywood trying to get investment for a film or a show.

And whoever thought of the phrase "As quiet as a mouse" has never stood on one.
Mark Wayman
54   Posted 03/02/2011 at 17:03:46

I like the title of this thread, it suggests that optimism may be on the horizon.

If any investment was brought in I would think it would be to pay debts, not stadium reconstructure or squad strengthening - which was needed ages ago.

I doubt anything fruitful will come off this trip. I see my pessimism is matched by others on here, and that is only because we've heard all this before.

I feel very sad towards the state of our club right now. Even a few good signings to push for a top six place wouldn't be enough, it's as though we are light years behind certain teams.
Neil Humphreys
55   Posted 03/02/2011 at 19:21:08

Robert - need to lay off the drugs mate... Bill is the antithisis of investment. Someone who has spent 10 years 24x7 trying to find something is clearly out of his depth.... He's more likely to find Elvis in a chip shop than anyone with serious cash who'd trust him with it!
Neil Humphreys
56   Posted 03/02/2011 at 19:28:08

Come to think of it - if I tried to do my job 24x7 for 10 years and delivered sweet FA - I'm pretty sure I'd get the sack? Is Bill just special?
Tony McNulty
57   Posted 03/02/2011 at 19:52:00

The barber was Sweeney Todd, and you'll end up featuring in one of Bill's pork pies.
Colin Ryan
58   Posted 03/02/2011 at 19:55:41

Accounts to be published next week according to the official site. Should make for good reading!!
Paul Gladwell
59   Posted 03/02/2011 at 20:01:57

Give him his due, he did finally come out the wardrobe and did an interview this week on himself being in Coronation Street, sums him up really.
Robert Daniels
60   Posted 03/02/2011 at 20:12:30

Colin @ 59 ? Maybe thats the real reason he's in America,
keeping his head down.

Neil @ 55 ? The drugs don't work, they just make you worse, cos I know I'll see his face again!
Martin Hughes
61   Posted 03/02/2011 at 20:42:11

Just seen on the official website that the final accounts have been signed off, no details as yet - this should make things a little clearer
Peter Dry
62   Posted 03/02/2011 at 22:34:05

My barber's full of shit too. It seems to be the only pre requisite to do the job. At least if Kenwright is as skint as we fear, there's a career he would take to like a duck to water.
Ray Said
63   Posted 03/02/2011 at 22:43:48

He will come back with a tan and 200 hundred ciggies. End of!
Spragg Johnson
64   Posted 03/02/2011 at 23:01:04

Get the Scientologists involved... none of their crazy shit is more mental than what's going on behind the scenes at the club.

Travolta and Cruise Control... you heard it here first.
Neil Millichip
65   Posted 04/02/2011 at 10:12:11

He was only in America to write his next set of excuses as to why we are in the shit and lack of investment.
Mark Wayman
66   Posted 04/02/2011 at 11:26:10

He was probably paying a failed screenwriter to write those excuses. Well, there's the Pienaar money gone...
Chris Jones
67   Posted 04/02/2011 at 11:34:26

Well, Mubarak will be taking a plane out of Egypt soon. Any dictaor who's been in charge 30 years ought to have a personal wealth well in the billions, so how about asking him if he wants to live in exile in Walton?
Chris Jones
68   Posted 04/02/2011 at 11:41:40

Apologies, I meant to type 'dictator' but I mis-keyed while trying to duck a flying roof tile.
Aodhan O'Faolain
69   Posted 04/02/2011 at 13:40:40

The big question I would like to know is how much was loaned to the club on the basis that the new ground in Kirkby would be built?

I have no faith in current board and await the administration news like a Turkey at Christmas.

Tom Rowe
70   Posted 04/02/2011 at 13:33:01

The only good thing to come from reading this thread was I now want my hair cut by Jessica Rabbit for some reason. That's about as likely as Everton getting bought by some billionaire, or Arnie!? You're all bonkers.