Love Or Hate?

After reading many posts on here during my lunch hour at work, I tend to go into the afternoon of my exciting insurance job even more depressed than I would be. However, before you shoot me down in flames, I totally understand how you all feel: I am sick and feel like I am done with the Blues.

After Sunday's non-performance, I didn't know what to think and, to make it worse, the mother-in-law came round for dinner... so I had to make pleasant conversation whilst my blood was boiling with "Big Vic" and the rest of his motley crew.

My point is really sacking Moyes will not help things, to be honest although he looks pissed off and like things have gone stale. Let's have a look in the mirror ? I am pissed off and can't be arsed to watch that shite anymore... so imagine how he feels running out of ideas?

Now I can't defend his team selection on Sunday ? why he would start that useless twat Anichebe over Beckford (who is not a bad player and I like) is beyond me.

So, let's get back to basics ? sort this shower of shite out, and maybe give some others a go. Heitinga needs to be dropped; get Jags back in ? even if he hasn't been as good as he was, he still is a leader. I read somewhere to make him skipper... NO! ? Make Distin captain, he's been class all season; give him extra responsibility, see how he handles it.

Drop Neville who is a good leader but seems to not be cutting the mustard in recent weeks and is so one-dimensional, it's amazing. Try and keep Louis fit, wrap him in cotton wool, do whatever it takes... because, if we are to claw our way out of this hole we're in, he is key.

Finally, as hard as it is, let's keep behind the boys... shite or magic, I do still love them, and I know deep down you all do to. I think, if we continue our support, we can also help, and let's face it, at the moment, we need all the help we can get.

So, Boys & Girls, like it or lump it, we were born this way, and at the moment it feels like being born with 1 leg (extremely difficult), so let's just get our chins up and fight fight fight with all our might!!

COYB!!!

Michael  John, Liverpool     Posted 16/02/2011 at 13:40:43

Comments

Mike Hughes
1   Posted 16/02/2011 at 15:09:06

If you think this is bad, you should have seen the last quarter of the season a couple of times in the 90s.

Things could get worse. Let's hope not.

I agree with your sentiments of getting behind the lads but they have to give us something to support and shout about. Everton FC does not come across as the most professional of outfits right now and I don't think the supporters would pay up front for the amateur hour stuff that is being produced on the pitch (and behind the scenes from what I can see).

However, what I don't think is right is mass fans' protests right now. It will make us look like that shower of whining red gobshites and, no matter how bad we get, I'll always be proud to be Blue rather than the other lot.
Doug Nestor
2   Posted 16/02/2011 at 15:17:08

I can think of 65,000 reasons why he shouldn't be running out of ideas.........
Trevor Lynes
3   Posted 16/02/2011 at 16:14:37

Jagielka blocks many goal bound shots and always has put his body on the line... he is physically stronger than Heitinga and if he (Dutch Schultz) cannot play the role that Kompany plays for city then he is not worth keeping... Palacious would be better in that position and so would many others.

The only thing I cannot stomach is this stupid baiting of individuals when the team as a whole were awful!!!!

Strangely enough it happens to home grown players who cost next to nothing much more than to the supposed stars.

Beckford is NOT a lone forward type of player so it was patently obvious that Anichebe would start in the absence of Saha... Beckford must be partnered by a Saha (when he is fit) otherwise he can only be used as an impact sub... Beckford would be better playing with a Marcus bent type who held the ball up and ran out to the wings to create space for other players.... the Yak is not that type of player as he is virtually motionless if the ball is not played to him.

Unfortunately almost every team in the league have recognised striker partnerships... BUT WE DONT !!

Howard Don
4   Posted 16/02/2011 at 16:22:59

Well said Mike (1) Too many people forget or don't remember life in the years before Moyes.
Chris Perry
5   Posted 16/02/2011 at 16:34:00

Oh well, post 1 and 4, let's all be pleased that Moyes has not yet dragged us down to the dire depths of Walter Smith and his last ditch signings of Ginola and alchi Gazza.

Jesus, this was 9 years ago, moyes has spent shit loads of money and look at us.

£3.3 million a year for doing fuck all, I'll have it please.
Danny Broderick
6   Posted 16/02/2011 at 16:30:47

Michael, you talk of dropping Neville ? you might as well stop there, cos he will never drop him, let alone give the captaincy to Distin. I actually think we need Neville now. This is where he should earn his money as skipper, though I agree he has to up his game. We need as many leaders in the team as possible, and we need to get rid of the shirkers.

Bily, he's a waste of space at home and a liability away. Get him out of the team. Anichebe, he should be running his bollocks off every game at 22 years old or whatever he is, never mind sitting on his arse complaining he's been fouled all the time.

Get Beckford in, he needs a run in the team, at least he's got a goal in him which is more than can be said for Anichebe.

Heitinga's got to make way for Jagielka too, let's get back to being hard to beat at least if we can't score...

And let's see if Arteta will turn up this weekend, bearing in mind he's never done it against a top 4 side.

I like your sentiment though, let's hope we at least put in a good performance...

Paul Rice
7   Posted 16/02/2011 at 17:07:12

Mate I know exactly what you mean........I understand why people get frustrated and I don't pump £1000's of my hard earned into the club every year like some do (and personally I do think that give them more licence to whinge than me)..........but christ alive its depressing on here!!

I keep coming back for more though in fairness.

Football has finally been completely ruined by money - you simply cannot compete to any signficant level without pissing money into the wind these days.

Whats more worrying is that I'll take on board comments made to my post on another thread - settling for mediocrity is fast going out of our reach too!!!!!!! Relegation and financial oblivion could will be looming if we're not very careful.

.........still............cock to it all!!!!!
Christopher McCullough
8   Posted 16/02/2011 at 17:15:08

Give Baxter a game.
Kevin Jones
9   Posted 16/02/2011 at 17:17:32

I've put this on here before but one more time. Davey Moyes trains the players all week and makes the decision on who plays. He and he alone picked Victor on Sunday to play as a lone striker, and I use the word striker very loosely.

Victor's like your big bad driver in your golf bag, you know you can't use it but you take it anyway, and after a few holes out it comes. "Stand back" you tell everyone, you then try to smack the skin off your ball and the fucker turns into a water / bush magnet.

Now instead of putting it away you think ' well this time I'll smoke it like a young Seve, 280 straight down the middle only to find the little bastard following its mate into the drink / foliage. Back in the bag round ruined.

What I'm saying is Davey should learn that the best thing to do if you want a decent round / team is to leave the fucker locked up in the garage. Now I'm not advocating leaving Victor locked up for the day!!! but leave him behind, don't be tempted to get him out the bag because you know deep down he's not very good and just frustrates the life out of you.

Problem is though we've got our Big Bertha for the next 4 years at £30,000 a week. Wot a mistake to make.

Jamie Barlow
10   Posted 16/02/2011 at 17:29:26

Anichebe was given a new contract to stop him going for nothing in the summer wasn't he? I'm sure his contract was up so i think it was a good idea to give him another contract. I seem to remember a few people going mad on here when Gosling went for fuck all.
Jeff Magee
11   Posted 16/02/2011 at 17:35:53

Would Bily make a better hold the ball up type striker to partner Becks in the absence of Saha? He is obviously not suited to wing play but does have a good touch - could not be any worse than Anichebe on Sunday
Mike Gwyer
12   Posted 16/02/2011 at 18:23:13

Trevor #3.

Baiting individuals is not what last Sunday was about. Anichebe was pathetic, and as professional footballer he should hang his head in shame. Most of the fans cheered when Moyes took him off, which too me was about the best decision Moyes made all day. I personally cannot think of a sentence that sums up how lazy, crap and moany that guy is (and we are talking about Anichebe here).

Your final comment regarding "most clubs having recognized striker partnerships". We do have one but I think you will find that the Yak is hanging out somewhere in Leicester & Saha is sitting on the treatment table.

Dermot Ryan
13   Posted 16/02/2011 at 18:32:27

Jeff: We'll get crucified, but I've been thinking about that pocket position for Bily. If he can be implored to shot (and not infuriatingly hold onto the ball), he can score. Fact. Unlike Anichebe. In other words, he has an eye for goal and the technique to score goals. And we desperately need players who have actually scored THIS SEASON.

The problem is that he is useless at defending the left wing.

Now the question is who would replace him to partner up with Baines? I'd hate for that to be Anichebe (who I just don't think is good enough to play at this level). I don't think our options are that great. Osman? Can Arteta play in that position on the left? And surely it is not worth fucking with something that is half working (Felli and Arteta) to try and fix something that is not working (Bily).

Dermot Ryan
14   Posted 16/02/2011 at 18:43:41

As a follow up: What about Gueye on the left? Too untried? Too many ineffective defenders (Gueye and Bily) on the pitch?

But when is that gu(e)y(e) going to get a game? Do you only introduce a player like that when you are three-nil ahead at home to Wigan?

It is a rather different situation, but I thought it was interesting that 'Arry introducted Woodgate after a year out of football in an away game at the San Siro at a period when momentum appeared to be swinging in favor of Milan. Maybe his hands were tied because he was short on options, but surely that is the case with Moyes at the moment.
Andy Codling
15   Posted 16/02/2011 at 19:01:33

So Mike what your saying is "we've seen worse shite than this shite.... so be grateful??"
Sorry but I'm not prepared to pay out money on watching utter fucking garbage, whilst being lied to by Kenshite, My protest will be taking next years season ticket money and going on holiday instead of ploughing it into a club, where people like Anichebe can earn over 20 grand a week.
Dick Fearon
16   Posted 16/02/2011 at 19:33:38

If Moyes thinks that Osman, Anichebe or Bily is more worthy of a place than Guyerre why in hells name is the bloke earning a good crust while taking up space on the bench and and denying someone else the benefit of match day experience.

It is absolute lunacy that the manager of a club supposedly on the verge of relegation and bankruptcy should indulge itself in such a manner.

Brian Waring
17   Posted 16/02/2011 at 20:02:49

There is one thing that doesn't sit well with me about people who defend Moyes to the hilt, and that's I get the impression that they think we owe the man some huge debt of gratitude; well, we owe the man fuck-all. He gets paid very handsomely to do his job, something he isen't doing very well at the moment either.
Andy Crooks
18   Posted 16/02/2011 at 19:59:02

Dick, spot on. For all we know Guyerre could be brilliant. I no longer trust the judgement of David Moyes. Coleman got in through chance as did Baines . Moyes does ok when he doesn't have to make choices. His best decisions are those that have been forced on him. If Anichebe had been injured he might have been forced to pick the right team last week.

There are good young players who are not getting a chance. If this is because what's on the pitch is better then we really are in trouble. Safety first, stick with what you know, keep loyal to the underperforming the road to relegation.

Ste Blundell
19   Posted 16/02/2011 at 20:30:40

Who the fuck's this Guyerre everyone's talking about?
Good post, cheered me up a tiny bit.
Jeff Magee
20   Posted 16/02/2011 at 20:28:02

Dermot ? I would go with Gueye but can't see Moyesey doing that, he would probably go with Osie who I like ? now I will get slaughtered. My logic for going with Bily and Gueye Is that it can't be any worse than Sunday but, much as I love Moyesey, how many times can you be slaughtered? I have to agree with most of Toffeeweb in that I just can't see him being that brave/reckless.
Mike Hughes
21   Posted 16/02/2011 at 20:41:46

Andy @ 15 - read the rest of my post @ #1 and engage brain before typing.

I've been supporting the Blues for 40 years and yes I've seen worse. If you know your history and all that.

Read second paragraph of my #1 post and you'll see I'm not saying be grateful.

Re: "My protest will be taking next year's seaon ticket money"
- sorry, pal, but I'm 2 years ahead of you. I'm sick of half a season's effort and the shite football which you've clearly been putting up with and therefore endorsing......

It's all your fault, Andy.
Mike Hughes
22   Posted 16/02/2011 at 21:01:31

Andy @15

By the way I wasn't at the Bolton match and just listened on the radio.

But worse was 0-5 at home to the shite on Glen Keeley's one and only game for us when I was in the Gwladys St End. And worse was 1-6 at home to Arsenal when I was in the Top Balcony. And just as bad was a 0-0 at home to Coventry circa 82-83 when I was in the Gwladys St and when I swear to God absolutely nothing happened for 90 mins and it was about -10 C.

And even worse were the last game of the season desperate battles to survive in the 90s.

Yep, there is worse but I'm still a Blue though I pick my games now. I'll probably be a season ticket holder again some time in the future as well.
Andy Codling
23   Posted 16/02/2011 at 21:23:06

Brilliant Mike
Jamie Tulacz
24   Posted 16/02/2011 at 21:28:27

All I'm saying is that we're as good as Barcelona then...!
Trevor Lynes
25   Posted 16/02/2011 at 21:59:20

I watched the Yal last weekend and after his goal he did not touch the ball and in the second half he hardly moved at all....Beckford would not be any good playing with the Yak..period !!
Unfortunately, Mike we do not have two strikers on the books who can play together whilst Saha is injured and that is what I said !! Beckford is NOT a target man and no one else in the side is when Louis is injured.
Fergie let him go because he knew he was very injury prone and nothing has changed...we took him to try to squeeze whatever was left of Saha's career, but he cannot play every game.
We got him cheap and that suited our management and their Scrooge like purse strings.
Mike Green
26   Posted 16/02/2011 at 22:45:53

Jamie #9 - with the greatest of respect I'd pay Anichebe to go. A championship player if ever there was one. Sorry Vic.
Matt Traynor
27   Posted 17/02/2011 at 00:46:43

Jamie #9 - Anichebe was offered a contract and, even if he'd not signed it and gone at the end of the season, we'd have gotten a fee for him.

Gosling's situation was different as he didn't come up through the ranks, and technically we didn't offer him a contract.
Jamie Barlow
28   Posted 17/02/2011 at 07:26:40

Maybe, but we'll get a larger fee now he's signed a contract. If Moyes wants to sell that is. I'm not backing Anichebe but it seems to me that people are just looking for things to beat Moyes and the club with lately.
Andy Callan
29   Posted 17/02/2011 at 09:33:21

I've tried and tried and tried and tired to remain positive over the past 15 years but, as Everton keep lettin' us down, is it any fuckin' wonder why people are givin' up....?!?!

We are ALL entitled to our opinion and that's the beauty of sites like this....

If we all walked around with blue-tinted specs on thinkin' that "next year we'll be fine" then life would be boring.

Truth is that people are annoyed and pissed off at the status quo, and rightly so in my opinion.
Eugene Ruane
30   Posted 17/02/2011 at 09:17:23

Kevin Jones (9) your Victor (big bad driver) analogy is pure fucking genius.

Jamie Barlow (28) you say..

"It seems to me that people are just looking for things to beat Moyes and the club with lately".

[Spits coffee out, 70s sit-com style...]

LOOKING!!!!?
Anthony Millington
31   Posted 17/02/2011 at 11:30:16

He started Anichebe over Beckford, because Beckford cannot play upfront on his own and the one match Anichebe started upfront on his own (at Man City) we won, and because he should be better at holding the ball up.
Anthony Finn
32   Posted 17/02/2011 at 12:11:28

@32 and Anichebe got sent off for a fucking stupid second yellow and put the rest of his teammates right in the shit. Ok his first booking was harsh but that had gone by the time he made that stupid tackle and as a player you've got a duty to stay on the pitch no matter how shit you are, and his stupidity was lucky it never cost us.
Jamie Barlow
33   Posted 17/02/2011 at 17:23:08

Eugene@ 30. I don't blame people one bit for havin a pop but surely it is good business to give Anichebe another contract if it makes us a bit more money?
Eugene Ruane
34   Posted 17/02/2011 at 18:41:00

'If'

Sorry Jamie that should be a BIG FUCKING IF!

And remember, IF the queen had balls....etc
Jamie Barlow
35   Posted 17/02/2011 at 19:18:27

It's not a big if at all. We are more likely to get more money for him now he has signed his contract. If he decides to sell.
Eugene Ruane
36   Posted 17/02/2011 at 21:19:57

What logic do they use for buying players on your planet Jamie?

Here on earth it tends to be if you're shit, nobody wants to buy you.

For most people (nb: with eyes) if Anichebe takes home more than £500 a week, someone (in this case us) is getting fucking fleeced.

Seriously, contract or not, why would ANYONE pay a fee, PLUS wages of MORE than £20,000 a week, for a striker with a (more or less) 1 goal every 10 games ratio?

(seems to me Ifs, buts and wishful-thinking affects a LOT of Evertonians).
Jamie Barlow
37   Posted 17/02/2011 at 21:49:07

I totally agree with you that he is way above his level playing for Everton. My heart sinks when I see his name in the starting 11. To say he isn't worth £500 a week wages and that no lower league team would go near him is just silly though. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part that we will sell him in the summer and get some useful £s in.