Change required

Anyone not signed up to the Evertonians for Change group? If not what are your reasons?

A lot of people seem to agree that change is required at the top of our "once" great club! But there are ro many different views about how to force or influence these changes.

E4C, who I support, are going about things politely, trying to get communication with the club. People are talking about setting up a trust, which whilst this is a brilliant idea, it is useless without the backing of the Everton board. Then there are people who want protests, it's something I have suggested myself. But protest ideas seem to be linked more around rumours than anyone being prepared to properly organise something.

I feel until everyone who wants change comes together then we will never make the influence that is required. E4C had 1,883 members on their facebook group earlier which is along way off the 38,0000 seats in Goodison. And I fear a long way off change.

I should also add that there is a number of people who are happy with how things are, yes they want the team to be successful but are happy with how the board are running things.
Craig Taylor, Leicester     Posted 18/02/2011 at 16:56:37

Comments

Martin Clark
1   Posted 18/02/2011 at 23:34:09

I like all Evertonians want Everton to be in a better position. But am unsure how this can be changed other than added investment or pushing the ground share.

Forcing change could have a negative influence on the club if it not right for the club at this time.

I am frustrated as hell with this season as I thought we were heading towards possible success and after the finish to last season was way over optimistic.

I just wonder what changes you are recommending other than new ownership which should not be forces but strongly pressed.
Mike Green
2   Posted 19/02/2011 at 00:17:39

My wife says

"I've not signed up because change is inevitable.

Thats not counting vending machines.

Leave those two manky banana's in the fridge I'm making bananabread for the kids in the morning .... oh fuck off you knobrot....!"
Derek Thomas
3   Posted 19/02/2011 at 02:44:42

Craig, why does the trust need the backing of the Board.

As I see it the trust is not there to bail out the board. It is a private orginisation set up by private individuals to deal with the problem as they see it.

If all goes well for The Trust, 5 or so yrs down the track, The Board, in what ever incarnation it evolves into ( and I hope it does coz this one has done it's dash by a long way ) may well need the backing of The Trust.

We may then get into a situation of...' He who pays the piper '
Dave Brooks
4   Posted 19/02/2011 at 07:17:12

Morning Craig,
What does E4C as a group stand for? Can I get some information without having a facebook acount (which I don't and don't want)?
Thanks - Dave.
Craig Taylor
5   Posted 19/02/2011 at 07:23:51

One of the main aims of the trust is to raise funds in order to secure assets and the loans of the club. The trust would then receive dividend payments. They have stated themselves that they intend to contact Elstone regarding this. Now as I see it if the club do not go for it then this makes the trust useless.
Craig Taylor
6   Posted 19/02/2011 at 07:26:40

Dave, I am not a representative of Evertonians for change. At the moment they are relying on Facebook and twitter, and the attention through Merseyside press mainly. I understand they are making great efforts to organise a matchday leaflet drop and there own website.

This page has been set up as a gathering place for Evertonians who believe it is time for the board to answer some serious questions. It has become increasingly clear that David Moyes has masked the mistakes of the current chairman and board and the time for change is now.

Evertonians for Change has been founded as we believe that Mr Kenwright and the current board need to prove they have the ability and vision to take the club forward. We believe that they have fundamentally failed over the last 9 years to bring in new investment or ownership.

What are the aims of Evertonians for Change?

Mission Statement

1: Honest and open communication between the club and the fans.

2: The release of names as to who has seriously enquired about the club and the reason for the potential sale falling through. What is the club valued at?

3: We wish to ensure the club are pursuing every avenue in their efforts to find an investor or buyer for the club.

4: We want to find out what the club's intentions are in regards to Goodison Park, its redevelopment or that of a new ground.

5: Our aim is to see AGM's re-instated and fans forum created.

Official Club Officers/Spokespeople:

Simon Magner (bigdunc1982@hotmail.com)

David Martin (dixiedean@inbox.com)
Dave Brooks
7   Posted 19/02/2011 at 07:52:23

Thanks Craig,
that's very clear and the aims seem admirable.

Unfortunately, the facebook/twitter thing makes it difficult to express support.

I'll email Simon and David for more information.

All the best - Dave.
Paul Gladwell
8   Posted 19/02/2011 at 08:47:33

I am all for it and want to sign up but I won't entertain facebook etc
Dave Martin
9   Posted 19/02/2011 at 09:17:21

Hi all,

directed here by Dave Brooks and wanted to address the facebook/twitter thing.

I totally agree that it isn't a method that everyone will get on board with and we did hit a bit of an impasse regarding membership. This is why our next important online step is to get the website live which should be any day now www.evertoniansforchange.com

From here we will have a more official web presence and we hope to offer people chance to become members to gauge a more accurate reflection of our support. We also aim to start leafleting fans on matchdays, hopefully get into fanzines and answers fans questions in the form of meetings.

Thanks to Dave for pointing in the direction of this article and if anyone has further questions or constructive criticism/advice it will be welcomed.

Dave from EvertoniansforChange
dixiedean@inbox
James Hollister
10   Posted 19/02/2011 at 14:52:03

I just can't see the board doing anything, and that's the problem right there. They have shown time and again that they do things their way and they don't seem to care what the fans say or want. Not sure how any group can do anything about this horrid regime in place.

It's coming to the end of the season, and oh look Keith Harris once again blabbing how 3 parties are for sale... seems to happen annually this to try and stop or reduce dissension with the fans... shocking tactics
Steve Smith
11   Posted 19/02/2011 at 23:31:46

No offence to the E4C group, but I think a supporters trust is the only way forward.
Chris Hannon
12   Posted 20/02/2011 at 14:28:02

How do ya join?
Dave Martin
13   Posted 21/02/2011 at 10:04:54

You can like the facebook page, follow us on twitter or send us an email and you can get more closely involved.

Steve we totally back the idea of a supporters trust and would be willing to work alongside groups such as Trust Everton.