Sue the bastards!

Anichebe has stunk the gaff out on the field, but I have to say I am very impressed that he sued Newcastle over that disgusting Nolan tackle.

What amazes me is that the media never got a sniff of this. We have to read all the ridiculous rumours linking Everton with hundreds of players they can't afford to pay, never mind buy, while interesting stories like this fly well under the radar.

Maybe the added spice needed to get our lot fired up for the game tomorrow? The chance of silverware doesn't seem to be enough, sadly.

Michael  Kenrick, ToffeeWeb Towers     Posted 04/03/2011 at

Comments

Chris Keightley
1   Posted 04/03/2011 at 15:41:38

I agree it may be the spice needed to fire our lot up, equally them though! Unfortunately I see tomorrow's game as a toughie, a point and I'd be happy. Oh how things change.
Karl Meighan
2   Posted 04/03/2011 at 15:40:37

Then, if the lad is genuine, the money will either be given to charity or the pay back the fans for performing like Dingle Rails centre forward fund.

"Under the radar"? Well he knows how to jump under headers and jump to the ground. I agree, this and Koulo Toure being on smack would have made a good read.

I wonder if it could be possible for anybody running this site to organise a sit down with Moyes and just let him tell people Anichebe's strengths? If he could convince the thousands of us who find it impossible how he gained a four-year contract then I'm pretty sure people would continue to support the lad; however, if he could not give good enough reasons then how can we consider him to manage our club?

Stephen Leary
3   Posted 04/03/2011 at 16:00:29

Agree Michael, though like you say, if the sniff of some silverware isn't enough, then Vic getting one over on fat Nolan won't make a bit of difference. And more scary enough will be Moyes who will probably start with Anichebe tomorrow, thinking it will add some spice to the game. We may as well play with ten men cos Anichebe is in my opinion one of the worst Everton players of all time.

I would be more confident if I seen a line up tommorow of, Howard, Coleman, Jags, Distin, Baines, Arteta, Rodwell, Bily, Baxter, Saha, Beckford. Bloody go for it, Moyes ? with that line-up and Jags as skipper, I think we would win 2-1. COYB!!!!!
Tom Bowers
4   Posted 04/03/2011 at 16:25:02

Karl, if Moyes doesn't recognize Osman's strengths after all these years, then how can he recognize Anichebe's? We the fans mostly agree that both players offer little on a consistant basis but they continue to get picked although Anichebe has missed a lot through injury.

Yakubu could score goals but was let go as expendable. Surely the Reading game proved how weak we are on offence but Moyes remains stubborn. Sadly the season is a complete bust now and it is hard to see more than a couple of wins in the remaining games.

Phil Bellis
5   Posted 04/03/2011 at 16:35:14

Hope you're wrong about only 2 wins, Tom, or we'll be watching Barnsley and Doncaster next season.

What a bastard of a season this one has turned out to be.

Aidy Dews
6   Posted 04/03/2011 at 16:33:48

Am I only one that thinks he's a soft, useless, pathetic cunt for sueing like he has?

Don't get me wrong, the tackle was shocking... but it wasn't a David Boost type injury, it hasn't ended his career, has it? So why doesn't he just get on with it.

I can understand him sueing at his age if he'd of had to of quit but he hasn't, he's back on his feet and earning shit loads so why does he need to sue?

At the end of the day, some players pick up serious injuries, either through bad luck or bad tackles but you just get on with it, you don't go about sueing players or clubs!

Man up, for fuck's sake, I'm sick of these fairy footballers these days!
Kieran Kinsella
7   Posted 04/03/2011 at 16:42:56

We should thank Nolan for keeping him out of action for all that time. Plus, if he had a good case, then why did he settle out of court?
Craig Taylor
8   Posted 04/03/2011 at 17:00:41

Might tone Nolan down a bit for tomorrow../ which is good as he is inspirational for them.

May be worth sticking Victor up against him.
Tony Hughes
9   Posted 04/03/2011 at 17:16:59

Craig. The only thing I would stick Victor up against would be a wall and shoot him!!
Nick Entwistle
10   Posted 04/03/2011 at 17:17:37

You mean Nicky Bust, Aidy?

It's surprising he settled out of court, don't think he needed the money, especially as it was only appearence fees he was missing out on. Why didn't he put him on show trial in court?? Might be one thing we win this season.
Ray Said
11   Posted 04/03/2011 at 17:06:58

Aidy (#6) ?I laughed my head off when I heard that 'Big Vic' was sueing ? most of our previous centre-forwards would have just got revenge the next time they met. The game has changed when footballers have the 'accident hotline' on speed dial.

What a pussy Vic has turned out to be!

Jamie Barlow
12   Posted 04/03/2011 at 17:14:19

I agree with Aidy that Anichebe is soft, useless and pathetic but not because he sued Nolan or Newcastle. That dirty red bastard got what he deserved. In fact, he didn't get nearly enough punishment. The tackle was a fucking disgrace and he should have got a huge ban. Horrible chicken-dancing twat. I hope Vic plays tomorrow and does him bigtime.
Ste Traverse
13   Posted 04/03/2011 at 17:46:42

The most laughable thing about the Nolan tackle was when he got his fully deserved red card, he stood there, brazenly, with his arms outstreched as if it was some kind of injustice. I thought "Are you having a laugh, lad?"
Max Main
14   Posted 04/03/2011 at 17:41:35

Aidy Dews - it was very much a David Boost type tackle; the only difference was Anichebe's leg didn't snap in half. The tackle was deliberate, dangerous, and disgraceful.

I completely back Anichebe for suing Nolan. There seems to be a feeling within football that once you enter the football pitch you can basically do what you want and the most you can fear is to be banned for a few matches. Nolan/Newcastle should have been sued, and equally I think Rooney should have been charged by police for the elbow on Saturday.

And no, I'm not "soft", I am all for hard play, and hard tackles, and the modern footballers with their snoods and their floor thumping (Anichebe) wind me up no end. The point is tackles like that are not "hard", they are cowardly, dangerous, career ending tackles.

And yes, Anichebe is shit.
Gavin Ramejkis
15   Posted 04/03/2011 at 17:37:18

Aidy and Nick ? it was David Busst:

And it wasn't a shithouse assault like that RS Nolan's... it was just an accident.

Aidy Dews
16   Posted 04/03/2011 at 19:00:43

Exactly,Ray (#11), could you imagine Big Dunc doing such a thing? Haha, next game, up against someone who did anything like that to him, would of got it, Big Dunc didn't care about sendings-off or bans and fines!

And I thought his name was Boost for some reason, Gavin (#14); anyway, I was talking about that Coventry player that nearly had his leg snapped off, but for tackles like that that do end your career and nearly lose you a leg, then yeah, sue for what you can.

What annoys me is, I know Nolan did a number on Anichebe but afterwards Nolan went looking for Vic to apologise and everything so why not accept it, move on, and then when you come up against him again, give him what for back and have done with it. There's no need to take up a lawsuit about it all.
Dave Richman
17   Posted 04/03/2011 at 19:10:26

Vic is lucky that Everton fans en masse don't institute a class action suit against him for impersonating a footballer.....
Iain Love
18   Posted 04/03/2011 at 19:25:22

Aidy 6, I agree that Vic is shit, but I'm glad he sued Nolan, he was out for 11 moths because of that dirty tackle and if you think back, Vic had just had a mighty rollicking and was starting to play well. Maybe... just maybe... Vic would have continued to improve and become a decent player.
Iain Love
19   Posted 04/03/2011 at 19:29:37

Another point: I'm sure that the action was started before Vic returned, meaning he didn't know at that time wether he would come back or not.

Point to note: maybe that tackle has finished him, judging by recent form.

Dave Wilson
20   Posted 04/03/2011 at 19:27:06

I`m deeply ashamed of what I`m reading here. Let me educate the people who were not at St James Park that day: "Pussy" Anichebe came back on after that shithouse tackle from Nolan, he tried to keep going but collapsed again, he was carried off again but amazingly came back on again to have another go. He also turned up for training on Monday, he was sent for x-rays and, to everyone's amazement, it showed his leg was badly broken... some pussy!

Aidy ? The guy was in very real danger of never playing again... that's when the lawsuit was taken out, he feared that gobshite Nolan had deprived him of his career. These things don't happen in a week or two, you know.

Get the recording of it, take a look at what happened, and stop talking nonsense.
Jim Hillier
21   Posted 04/03/2011 at 21:12:43

Well said, Dave Wilson. Just because Anichebe is shit now, and maybe always will be, that will never make me take Nolan's side against him.

The tackle probably did end his real Prem career, by the looks of it. Psychologically Anichebe just doesn't seem to be up for it. I've given him plenty of stick this season, but some of the comments on here are taking it a bit far.

Jim Hillier
22   Posted 04/03/2011 at 21:21:23

Jay Harris
23   Posted 04/03/2011 at 21:21:46

What a load of venom aimed towards somebody who has pledged their future to EFC.

It is too early to say whether he is or will be shite but if you all want to destroy his confidence then keep it up.

When the players are finally devoid of spirit and we end up relegated will you all look back and say "Billy bullshit and us are proud of ourselves for helping to destroy our club".

If the management of the football club tell a player to play do you think they deliberately play badly?

Vic has had less cameo appearances than Beckford recently and has had more injuries to contend with so give him a chance before you destroy his career.

IMO he is not good enough but with the current board's behaviour anyone who puts on a blue shirt should be made to feel proud right now not knocked at every opportunity.
Kieran Kinsella
24   Posted 04/03/2011 at 23:14:20

Jay

Getting injured was the best thing that ever happened to Vic. He got paid the whole time he was injured and they quickly gave him a new deal on the back of a few mins playing time when he returned to action.

Now he is laughing with his payout from Everton and his money from Nolan. If he had not been injured, he'd have been exposed as crap and shipped off to non-league long before now.

Tom Bowers
25   Posted 04/03/2011 at 23:09:23

Vic sadly never did and never will have what it takes to be a success in the Prem. He is a big, strong, raw amateur who lacks finesse and the smarts to play as a target man and he certainly is not a midfielder.

Like some other players in the squad, Moyes rates him for some reason but it's hard to see what his real position would be, much like Osman or Bily.

James Flynn
26   Posted 05/03/2011 at 02:04:27

Dave (20) Thanks for explaining what actually happened that day.
John Ford
27   Posted 05/03/2011 at 06:27:57

I just wish he wasn't such a whinging, arm-waving, sulky little boy. God knows what happened to the young eager lad who used to come on as sub and bring a buzz to the place. Did someone start to massage his ego? Maybe convince him somehow that the was a world beater?
Karl Meighan
28   Posted 05/03/2011 at 06:17:30

Jay Harris @24 ? I don't think anybody here is wanting to ruin any players confidence. Consider your statement its to early to judge Vic? The lad has scored 8 goals in 84 games from his debut in the 2006-07 season, that's two seasons worth of games over four seasons. Just how long does "potential" take to surface?

The fact is, apart from a couple of decent performances in the Uefa Cup/Europa League, he has never looked to be a player. Who scouts these players and what do they see that thousands of us do not? At his best, Anichebe is a poor version of Heskey who somehow manages to score less.

Dick Fearon
29   Posted 05/03/2011 at 07:52:23

The turning point and the making of a new Everton Hero will be when big Vic slams in a great winning goal then does the chicken dance in Nolan's face.

Ah there I go, dreamin again...

James I'Anson
30   Posted 05/03/2011 at 09:33:16

It's because of tackles like this that they are trying to rid the game of ANY kind of tackle at all. Tackling is an art that great players show and fucking Nolan is a twat. Will you all be happy when they ban it totally??? Then the game WILL be soft.
Jamie Tulacz
31   Posted 05/03/2011 at 12:07:40

Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on whether this injury has affected Anichebe long-term? I know he wasn't great before it but was showing a bit of potential. We've made a bit of allowance for Arteta/Yak coming back from long-term injury, why not Anichebe?
Mark Mclaughlin
32   Posted 05/03/2011 at 12:57:52

In the hope of a bit of revenge today, I've had a sneaky spread bet on bookings ? bring more than 4......
Andy Codling
33   Posted 05/03/2011 at 13:20:50

Suing people for bad tackles, get a fucking grip.
John Nelson
34   Posted 05/03/2011 at 14:34:00

Whilst I do agree that the tackle by Nolan that day was nothing short of disgraceful, I also feel that Anichebe sueing him is nothing short of embarrassing.

Victor clearly needs to stop being occupied with being a money-grabbing twat and instead actually try to impersonate a footballer.

One of the worst Everton players I have ever seen and to me he represents what is wrong today with prima donna, snotty footballers.