Can't wait for it to happen

I know, I know, it's been done to death.... well, well, well, this one is new... and I am sure he will be sadly missed by us all, eh? :)

A refereeing source said: "I don?t think this is an idle threat. Mark has not been happy for some time. His senior refereeing colleagues have been talking to him and encouraging him to carry on.

"We?re talking here about a referee who has bags of courage and is refereeing very well. For instance, Pierluigi Collina is known to rate him very highly. "The game can?t afford to lose someone of Mark?s ability and standing.?

Clattenburg was unavailable for comment but is known to be soul searching about his future.

My comments:

1. Collina and he would go perfectly hand in hand together!

2. I don't suppose that this will be the first "soul-searching" that prat Clutterbug will have done with his bags of courage!

Might just have more than one or two Stellas to celebrate if true.
Gerry Quinn, Houston     Posted 07/03/2011 at 18:42:39

Comments

Nick Entwistle
1   Posted 07/03/2011 at 20:47:46

If the best referees are the ones you don't notice, it tells you a lot about Mark C that he loves the limelight.

As for that bald coot, Collina, he sickens me. I'd love to know how much he got paid off with.

Stephen Leary
2   Posted 07/03/2011 at 21:09:53

I would love to see the both of them in the pub... fucking bastards!
James Hollister
3   Posted 07/03/2011 at 22:17:46

"We?re talking here about a referee who has bags of courage and is refereeing very well. For instance, Pierluigi Collina is known to rate him very highly."

Good heavens above. At one time the most corrupt referee the world has seen in Collina, and he backs up Cluttenberg?

Mark should retire right now, he has done some awful stuff over the years and is just as corrupt as Collina was. Nuf said really.
Tony J Williams
4   Posted 07/03/2011 at 22:23:49

Let's be fair here, he has got new hair to pay for so I don't foresee him quitting anytime soon. Cheating corrupt twat that he is... allegedly.
Gary Creaney
5   Posted 07/03/2011 at 23:02:28

Everyone involved in football makes mistakes: managers, players and referees alike... and in light of that, I can forgive Clattenburg on a number of counts. But the one decision that rattles me to my very core is when Carragher pulled Lescott down in the 6 yard box in front of the Gwladys St faithful only for the play to continue on. Even the RS duo of Hansen and Lawrenson described it as 'assault' on MotD.
Gegsy Rickett
6   Posted 08/03/2011 at 08:26:45

The standard of refereeing went tits-up the second they became "professional" and were given "imaging rights" and the like.

In the "old days" there were also shite referees but there were only a few who hit the headlines as regularly as they do today. These days, it seems that all of them want to be in the papers.

I reckon the "older generation" would be hard pressed to name as many referees from times gone by ? in fact, I'll bet they can name more in the business today than they can from history.

For example from the 70s,I can remember that overtly biased kopite twat (I curse his name and refuse to type it), Pat Partridge (another beaut), Jack Taylor, and Keith Hackett ? other than that, I'm stuck.

Personally, I think Twattenburk should be "tin-tacked" rather than "threaten" to resign. It's just pathetic attention-seeking on his part, an indictment of the sad, self-important gobshites that they've become.
James Cadwaladr
7   Posted 08/03/2011 at 09:19:08

Searching for his soul? He sold it to the devil 3 years ago.
Andy Callan
8   Posted 08/03/2011 at 09:19:59

They're both cheats and arseholes of the highest order.

I'd poke them both in the eye if I saw them in the street....
Shaun Brennan
9   Posted 08/03/2011 at 13:05:32

Stephen (2) I notice you left out the words 'English' and 'Italian' sandwiched between the words 'fucking bastards'.

Soon they're arrest you for thinking it ha ha.

At least he'll have more time to work on his tan.
Neil Vaughan
10   Posted 08/03/2011 at 13:37:13

One CHEATING BASTARD supporting another CHEATING BASTARD... what a surprise!!

Both are a disgrace to referees all over the world who may not always make the correct decision but at least try to be fair... Collina & Shittenberg ? bent as you like...!!
Tony McNulty
11   Posted 08/03/2011 at 13:37:09

Shaun - you've sparked a thought. We now know what you have to do to lose your Everton season ticket.

Apart from being a red, what do you have to do to lose your ToffeeWeb season ticket? Or how far can you go and still retain your ToffeeWeb season ticket? Would the baby eating Bishop of Bath and Wells be OK, for instance?
Neil Vaughan
12   Posted 08/03/2011 at 13:42:16

Bent... as in corrupt I mean... dont wan't the political correctness police banning me from matches for thinking I'm homophobic... will the madness ever end..!!
Neil Vaughan
13   Posted 08/03/2011 at 13:45:01

OH and by the way...what the fuck is going on with Twattenberg's head...not a great advert for Advance Hair Studios is it...!!
Neil Vaughan
14   Posted 08/03/2011 at 13:52:41

Alledgedly!!
Norman Merrill
15   Posted 08/03/2011 at 13:53:02

Andy Callan, comm 8: Could not have put it better myself, well done.

Just like to add something about Clattenberg, someone must have told him that he had to change his appearance, get the youthful haircut, and slim down, but one thing he could not change, was the fact that he was a shit referee.

He won't walk, as his business has gone down the pan, so he needs the easy money.