Members:   Log In Sign Up

Rodwell Conspiracy?

And so it begins. Following leaks in the papers this week of a £25M summer bid for Rodwell's services, the News of the World today reveals (oo-er) our Rodders is hooked up (oo-er) with an ex-playmate of one Mr Rooney, once of this parish.

Awful puns to one side (nearly another one there), is the timing of this just a little too convenient? The lad who famously ditched his girlfriend because she posed provocatively for a tabloid, is now caught and literally exposed for all to see.

I have no doubt this one will run and run. Queue statements from both Rodwell and EFC, but with the inevitable "We had to sell him to save the reputation of the Club" or " I had to go, EFC made it impossible for me to stay, I am delighted to be a Man Utd player, it's a dream".

In fact if you really like a conspiracy; was this tart paid (by parties on behalf of Manure for example) to court Rodwell and stitch him up, with the aforementioned outcome?

Of course it's just as likely that he is just another idiot footballer who thinks it won't happen to him. It has.

Steve Guy, Harrogate     Posted 13/03/2011 at 12:14:52

Comments

Colin Ryan
1   Posted 13/03/2011 at 14:27:21

Rodwell story in the NotW doesn't do him any favours does it? Sending naked pics of himself to Rooney's ex-hooker. What is wrong with these lads??
Norman Merrill
2   Posted 13/03/2011 at 15:06:42

Headlines in this mornings News of the World have our up and coming star Jack Rodwell following in the footsteps of Wayne Rooney, with a fling with the same hooker that nearly saw off Rooney's marriage.
James I'Anson
3   Posted 13/03/2011 at 15:32:15

I'm speechless. You just couldn't make it up.
If the club want to sell him, then just fuckin sell him.
Why does it have to be Utd when other clubs are also interested?

I'd love him to fuck up the current regime and announce that he will be here until the end of his contract whether they like it or not.
Andrew Laird
4   Posted 13/03/2011 at 15:51:43

James, "You just couldn't make it up." The News of the World could and do every week.

Maybe his ex-girlfriend stitched him up.
David O'Keefe
5   Posted 13/03/2011 at 15:55:04

Phone tapping?
James I'Anson
6   Posted 13/03/2011 at 15:55:23

Andrew, fair comment.

I just can't read about it any more. It's making me feel sick.

Why the fuck does it have to be Utd? It's like we just bend over whenever they feel like shafting us. Other clubs are also interested.

Maybe we entered into an 'exclusivity' deal with them when we gave them Rooney.
James I'Anson
7   Posted 13/03/2011 at 16:01:13

He's also paving the way for Moyes to leave. Probably because he can't afford him. I think Bill's either a Man Utd fan or he's just trying to wind me up.
Richard Dodd
8   Posted 13/03/2011 at 16:22:55

Only the tart, herself, could produce the word-for-word texts between `the loving couple`. Perhaps she`s on United`s payroll to advertise the delights of Manchester to prospective signings!

If JR is to go there, I just hope we shall be spared the drama surrounding the sales of Rooney and Lescott.

Al Reddish
9   Posted 13/03/2011 at 16:48:00

If he has gotta go, just let the others know his starting price is £25M and let Chelsea and the Manc clubs out-bid each other till we get the best deal. They will be desperate for young English lads due to the new quotas of the homegrown players rule, and this is the last chance to spend big before clubs can only fork out what they earn. This should mean it is a win-win situation for us whether we sell or keep Jack, but just watch us fuck it up!

Personally speaking, as much as I would love to keep him, I don't think we are in a position to do so and the team really does need freshening up, this is the only chance we have of doing so.

Brian Waring
10   Posted 13/03/2011 at 17:41:08

Al, we probalby wouldn't get the £25M upfront from the Mancs. It would probably be a couple of million down, another million when he reaches 500 caps for England, another million when the Mancs have won 30 European cups, Scholes and Giggs as part of the deal, but not until they both turn 40. The Mancs tea lady will be loaned 3 times a week for a year at a cost of £10M. Another million when.......
Martin Handley
11   Posted 13/03/2011 at 17:52:59

Let's be honest, lads, he's a 20-year-old on £30k a week, not the ugliest lad in the world, and he's fucked up.

Now come on, lads ? who at 20 didn't fuck up or make a fool out of themselves when it came to the opposite sex? Show me a bloke who says he hasn't and I'll show you the world's biggest liar! It's just that he's famous, rich and a footy player.

As for the Man Utd rumours, well he's bound to be linked with every rich club under the sun. If he wants to go, let him; £25mil plus isn't bad, but it's a rumour at the minute. And who would you rather lose ? him or Big Felli?

David Hallwood
12   Posted 13/03/2011 at 17:47:30

Normally I don't take any notice of media shite but we must get cash in and it looks like Rodwell, Felli even Jags, Heitinga, Bily and even Baines. We may get up to £70 mill. But I don't expect to see Rodwell at Everton next season.
Martin Handley
13   Posted 13/03/2011 at 18:12:00

Just a footnote boys if you thought we were crap against Reading it's just taken Citeh 66 minutes to have a shot on target against them!
Absolute shite! Money can't buy you love!
James I'Anson
14   Posted 13/03/2011 at 18:11:54

Who's Jack's agent by the way?

Remember who it was that told the newspapers about Wayne and who got blamed for it?
Trevor Mackie
15   Posted 13/03/2011 at 18:05:52

I'll be glad if he goes, one more step up the gallows for Kenwright, even the most dullard fan will begin to see the truth about him and the other miscreants at Everton.
As others have said only falling season ticket revenue will get shut of this grotesque board.
Brian Waring
16   Posted 13/03/2011 at 18:24:38

The big difference though, Martin: the Mancs are beating Reading.
Martin Handley
17   Posted 13/03/2011 at 18:26:29

Oh damn! best moment of the game and I missed it!
Watching the Simpsons now!
John Shaw
18   Posted 13/03/2011 at 18:41:21

Yet another player with far too much money and far too few brain cells!!

It shows the level of his intelligence when you consider that he didn't think textin pictures of his knob to the same slapper who was all over the papers with Rooney pre-Christmas would get out??? I mean, FFS !!

James (14) ? if I'm not mistaken ,his Everton mad dad is still his agent and handles all his negotiations.

This to me smacks very much of what happened in 2004 prior to Rooney fuckin off to that shower of gobshites up the M62, plenty of bad press, strong rumours of Utd having already agreed a deal etc etc, it's definitely a case of déjà vu.

I honestly think Jack will become an absolute top player and England regular; unfortunately, this season he has been disrupted by two injuries and being played in every position under the fuckin sun... I mean is he really a winger? No, thought not.

I hope he stays and we build a team around him.
Jamie Barlow
19   Posted 13/03/2011 at 19:43:20

Why would we have already sold him to Man Utd for £25 million when Arsenal, Citeh, Chelsea and Real Madrid are supposedly after him too. It's all bullshit from a bullshit newspaper? The bidding war could be huge with all those teams involved.
Louis Platt
20   Posted 13/03/2011 at 20:04:08

Rodwell's agents are James Grant Sports Management. http://www.jamesgrantsports.com/clients_all.php
Sam Hoare
21   Posted 14/03/2011 at 08:56:07

Tell you what will really sting. When we sell him for £25M and then spend less than half of that on new players, if that.

Any money coming in is going mainly to sort out our debts, I'm pretty sure of that.
Eric Myles
22   Posted 14/03/2011 at 09:25:50

Reports also state Fergie wants shut of Rooney.

So how about a straight swap, Rodwell for Rooney?
Nick Entwistle
23   Posted 14/03/2011 at 09:28:17

If you think of the dross that go for £25m then Rodders needs to go for at least £10m more.
Adam Cunliffe
24   Posted 14/03/2011 at 09:32:39

His agent can't be his Dad for legal reason's, my best mate's on at Citeh under 18s and he's been told that nobody in his family can be his agent as they may have other motives about his money etc. He's a year older than me and already he's got sponsorships, a weekly wage higher than the average bloke and people wonder why young lads' heads get turned.

Luke's got a good head on his shoulders and he's been my best mate since we were 11 and still is now, but you can easily see why young lads who think they've made it as soon as they see a bit cash and a few girls go and do stupid things like what Rodwell and Rooney have done.

Sam Hoare
25   Posted 14/03/2011 at 10:00:35

Am I dreaming or is it true that we get 25% of any Rooney sale profit? I think it is.

Not impossible that Man Utd might be getting us around £40m to £50m this summer then if things went well. Clear the debt and have £10m left to spend on a striker. If only.
Anthony Hughes
26   Posted 14/03/2011 at 10:17:57

I'd take a straight swap Rodwell for Rooney, I don't think we could scrape together the £200k a week for his wages though.
Matthew Mackey
27   Posted 14/03/2011 at 10:56:41

Ooooo, sloppy seconds - no thanks!
Eugene Ruane
28   Posted 14/03/2011 at 11:37:43

There was a time (not that long ago) when I'd have got really worked up about who might be leaving.

But after Rooney left, I don't give a shite.

If they want to go, bye.
Liam Reilly
29   Posted 14/03/2011 at 12:15:54

Hate to say it, but I can't see Fellaini at Everton next season. If that's the case, then we should do all possible to hang onto JR. The lad is going to be awsome imo and I hope it's at Everton.

As regards the gutter press, he's a young lad and she mightn't be someone you'd bring home to meet your mother, but she's a good looking lass, so where's the problem.
Tom Rowe
30   Posted 14/03/2011 at 13:09:20

What a load of shite. Why would he send naked pics of himself to a hooker? The story itself makes no sense. Why would he have to try and entice a hooker? If he wanted to do that he would have sent a picture of his bank balance. Rediculous claims from a desperate hooker!
Tom Astley
31   Posted 14/03/2011 at 13:23:34

Adam - Fellaini's Dad is his agent. How does that work?
Anthony Hughes
32   Posted 14/03/2011 at 15:30:56

I don't think there's any conspiracy. If true then just another footballer whose brains are in his bollocks. He knew this girl went puiblic over Rooney, what did he think would happen,for her to be the model of discretion? The mind boggles with some of these idiots.
Adam Cunliffe
33   Posted 14/03/2011 at 17:18:49

Tom ? I've got a feeling it's because he's not English, I just know when my mate went to sign his pro contract when he turned 17 last week, the City staff said his Dad couldn't be his agent for legal reasons.
Brian Waring
34   Posted 14/03/2011 at 18:13:03

Anthony, spot on mate.
Tom Bowers
35   Posted 14/03/2011 at 22:34:18

We have to be prepared for Rodwell's departure at the end of the season. Most big clubs are interested and Everton being a little club these days (at least financially) will have no alternative but to cash in. Where else will they get an immediate cash influx?

Rodders has the youth and is still maturing, much like Carroll, and what is there at Goodison to keep him here? As a club, we have not inspired any backers to come in, which means we will stay the same and struggle to cope with the second-raters in the Prem next season.

Don't be surprised if Moyes goes the same way. It's a sad situation but, with little money around, we have little hope and I am sure Moyes is fully aware of it and will seek his footballing fortunes elsewhere.

Stephen Kenny
36   Posted 15/03/2011 at 12:09:54

It's embarrassing how many defeatist Evertonians there are on this thread.

Rodwell has said this is where he would like to be. His father has said Everton is the right club for him and EFC have signed him to a FIVE-year deal, what more do you want?

I don't think he will be an England regular or go on to be world class but if Moyes does and he's staying at Everton then Rodwell won't be sold. The more likely scenario is that Moyes will go back to his old way of working, ie, a small, tight-knit squad, focus only on the league and hope for the best with injuries.

I expect most of our Nigerian contigent to go, along with some of the more injury-prone lads on their bikes too. A few good Bosmans which are out there could easily balance this squad.
Tom Bowers
37   Posted 15/03/2011 at 17:19:56

We could just go on with our heads in the sand and believe success is just around the corner and Moyes is the one to bring it ? as we have for the last 9 seasons... and even before Moyes. The harsh realty is that there is absolutely nothing at this point in time to warrant this expectancy.

We have no youngsters ready to fill the boots of mediocre players like Osman, Bily, Hibbert etc ? otherwise, they would have been brought in and given good opportunities. We have no cash to bid for quality, experienced players... and, according to Moyes, there were none such available to take on loan in January.

It's hard not to be defeatist after all the crap we have taken over the years ? especially this season, where the mediocrity has sunk to an all time low. Keep dreaming with this set-up.