That's Saha Out for the season then!

Where is JV when we need him, in Crystal?s Palace, do me a favour! Can?t we demand him back?

Would WE have the common sense to put this as a condition in his loan contract? No??

Getting beyond a joke!
Alex Buckley, Huyton     Posted 22/03/2011 at 23:42:37

Comments

James Hollister
1   Posted 23/03/2011 at 05:14:06

JV is in the Championship. One thing I do know though, he isn't the answer we need.

I just don't believe the lad will ever be good enough for the premier league. Too injury prone... I mean wasn't it nearly every match he would play for us he'd end up out injured for months and months at a time?

I'd try to get the Yak back and let leicester have Anichebe, I am sure they'd be pleased with the change ;-) lol

Yak and Beckford up top, is about the best we can do which is a hell of a lot better than Anichebe and Becks.

Think Moyes will have to cut the loan deal short on the Yak if you ask me. Not sure about the legalities of it though... I always though regardless, that when you loan some one, in mitigating circumstances (which for us it is...really we have no striker now Saha is out) that we would be able to recall our loans back in, even if it was for the rest of the season the loan was for (which I am not entirely sure it was to start with?)
James Hollister
2   Posted 23/03/2011 at 05:30:53

Just want to iterate that these mitigating circumstances would be that Anichebe cannot play in a strikers position..or imo any position coz seriously a pub player could do better.

And with only Becks left as a striker (but clearly not always first choice) then surely we could demand the Yak back or try to bring in an emergency loan player or something?

I am sure that during any part of the season, should you have mitigating circumstances due to injury, you can recall season long loans back or get emergency loan players in..but I am not entirely sure on this, perhaps someone else will know...I do however remember a few years back, we had the option to bring in an emergency loans (coz we had schoolkids on the bench) but Moyse refused to do business or something. Something about we'll have to make do with what we have coz we don't want to add for the sake of adding players? anyway the man is loon
Eric Myles
3   Posted 23/03/2011 at 07:32:08

I beleive emergency loans only cover goalies like the situation we had a few seasons back when we brought in Westerfeld, or Arsenal have done now with Lehmann.

Recalling loaned players depends on the contract with the club they've been loaned to, but remember they were pushed out 'cos we couldn't afford to pay their wages and nothing has changed moneywise since then so we probably can't afford to recall them anyway.

KENWRIGHT OUT
Paul Olsen
4   Posted 23/03/2011 at 07:47:57

Apparently Yakubu is now after a good start back to his annoying self at Leicester and reading their forums it will come quite clear that he is not our answer anymore. They have now figured out what we've all seen forever. He's fat, lazy and useless.

Then again, the same applies for Anichebe and we're stuck with him.(ok, maybe he's not fat)

Prepare so see Beckford and Cahill for the rest of the season.

Why not push Bily on as a striker? We already play him out of position, why not upfront? He has a sweet shot and can be forgiven for not tracking back all the time, perhaps we could find that attacking nouse we know he possesses.
Hehe, i'm sure Moyes is considering it knowing how daring he is.

More likely
Hibbert Distin Jags Baines
Coleman Neville Heitinga Osman
Cahill
Beckford

Or maybe he'll find room for another defender, you never know :-)
How is this for a positive and technically gifted team?
Paul Olsen
5   Posted 23/03/2011 at 07:56:55

To see what is left of our "best squad under Moyes" just makes me want to go dig myself a hole in the ground.

Peter Bradshaw
6   Posted 23/03/2011 at 07:54:35

It will be Cahill in behind Beckford with Victor on the bench to terrorise defences after 70 minutes.

Agree with your team Paul and you will have Mucha, Bily, Gueye, Baxter, the toffee lady, and the guy who sits in front of me who keeps shouting "off off" to everyone as the new secret weapon.

heres to another six points in the remining games to keep us safe
Jimmy Sorheim
7   Posted 23/03/2011 at 08:12:21

The truth is that we dont have the best squad ever anymore. Yak is gone and going. Vaughan is on loan with wiew to transfer. Pienaar is gone. How can anyone see this injury prone squad as the best everr? I feel sick when I think about Vaughan leaving us and hitting 8 goals so far at C.P. I think we would be better with becks and vaughan up front, but the problem is that we can not re-call him since there is a buying fee involved, he has to stick out the loan period and then we can get him back, but that will not help us now. >The only other solution I can think of is to use Gueye and Vellios and see who can do the best coming of the bench or by playing each guy for one half each. Billy could be a good replacement but Moyes has to start tearing his confidence down with these 5-10 minutes subs all the time. Or else he will never hit form. I dont see why he isnt afforded the same chance to play himself in form as Saha got or Fellaini got? He has favorites that is for sure and I dont like it. He should be more cold about it. His form will come soonerr rather than later, we saw that last year!
Neil Humphreys
8   Posted 23/03/2011 at 08:50:07

I dont think that anybody has made the point recently than this is Hibbert's fault!

Jesus wept - we really are in the mire here. The squad above has 7 defenders in outfield positions, surely this cant go on?
Cant find anything on SSN re Moyes interview?
Erik Dols
9   Posted 23/03/2011 at 09:04:00

Playing with 10 defenders will be like a whole new signing!
Craig Taylor
10   Posted 23/03/2011 at 09:01:53

What about Stelios? Ok reserve quality isn't great, but he seems to know where the goal is. Him and gueye seem to link up quite well. Give him a go!
Tim Spring
11   Posted 23/03/2011 at 09:11:15

The Yak has come out and said he wants to stay at the foxes permanently, so even if we did get him back I doubt he would do more then just stress the canteen lady out with his demands for extra dumplings!

Remember when Timmy played as an emergency striker a couple of yeasr back. It was then the rest of the world realised what we already knew, that Cahill is not a CM! Maybe he will sit up top with Ossie/ Billy just behind.

Who'll take my bet of 8 games left, 8 nil nil draws?!
Duncan McDine
12   Posted 23/03/2011 at 09:37:09

Our squad is so paper thin, its a joke. If Cahill is fit enough, I'd probably stick him up front with Bily behind... and then Beckford as a sub. it would at least give Bily a chance to play in a position he's suited to, and a position we can afford (little / no defensive duties)
Duncan McDine
13   Posted 23/03/2011 at 09:41:26

Whatever happens, I think this injury news will put an end to a late surge for Europa placing. I hope I'm wrong.
Peter Bradshaw
14   Posted 23/03/2011 at 10:12:21

Europe, have you watched us play this season, we have played well twice all season. We are still closer to the relegation zone than Europe, we have no squad and we are playing woeful boring football.
Jesus wept
Victor Chang
15   Posted 23/03/2011 at 10:16:27

Decent bench Peter, personally i'd put Hibbo up front on his own and just launch everything at him for entertainments sake, because apparently its not about winning anymore, I'ts the entertainment factor we're paying for.
Paul Gladwell
16   Posted 23/03/2011 at 10:14:53

Duncan, Bily up front instead of Beckford, have you seen many games this season?
Saha has scored eight goals and created himself loads of chances through his intelligent runs admittedly missing loads too, whilst Bily has looked like one of those DJs playing in a charity match with ex legends, utter shite and out of his depth, we are still not safe there is no time for negative shite and playing him and Cahill together up top is just that.
Chris Keightley
17   Posted 23/03/2011 at 10:22:45

How the fuck did we get into this state - how the fuck were we allowed to get into this state - a premiership side without sufficient cover in all positions starting the season with no decent strikers - its fucking embaressing and a waste of my time and money supporting this shower of shit............but i will continue too!
Jimmy Hacking
18   Posted 23/03/2011 at 10:46:29

Victor #15 I agree whole-heartedly. Pacy, Sharp, tricky and with an eye for goal, Hibbo would AT WORST be a solid one-goal-in-three-games striker for us.
Liam Reilly
19   Posted 23/03/2011 at 10:39:54

Moyes might have to have faith in his reserves and we might see Baxter, Gueye, or Stelios given a chance if we can get him back.

SAF bought Hernandez as one for the future and he looks like a good player and wasn't TC bought as back up initially....
Paul Gladwell
20   Posted 23/03/2011 at 10:56:36

Sorry beckford I meant.
Kevin Gillen
21   Posted 23/03/2011 at 11:14:43

One thing that amazes me and is a great credit to Moyes and the players is our resilience in the face of crippling injuries. Too many of us Toffeewebbers have a fantasy football mentality, that is, if your best players are out the computer will inevitably drop you down the table. It doesn't work that way. Of course we want a fit and fully fired up Saha but if he isn't available we want the next most committed XI on the pitch and the truth is you can only play XI at any one time. I would like to see Yak and Vaughan available but the truth is they must have both seriously blotted their copybook to be where they are at the moment. I cannot believe the noises coming out of Yak. Which Premiership striker wants openly to move down a division? Utterly crazy, Leicester are not even going to make the playoffs. No doubt Yak has talent but I'm sorry he isn't a man I would put my faith in on a wet night away at Hull, give me Beckford, at least he's trying and he does at least get into scoring positions. Like a lot of Evertonians I'm puzzled by the Anichebe/Vaughan conundrum. We all think so far, on the basis of what we've seen Vaughan is more likely to get goals. Anichebe doesn't appear to get near the goal. He does unsettle defenders though and has had some good moments so I'm prepared to stick with him for now as there are no cheap options on goalscoring strikers. As for Bilyaletdinov, perhaps he could realise that giving the ball away all the time isn't the best way to get game time with Moyes. I hope he comes through. The injuries to Fellaini, Arteta, Saha present massive opportunities for playing time so let's see Anichebe, Beckford, Bilyaletdinov and Baxter all grab their opportunity with both hands. COYB.
Ryan Holroyd
22   Posted 23/03/2011 at 11:34:19

No chance of getting Yak back. They paid us a million quid for them to take him on loan.
Mick Gallagher
23   Posted 23/03/2011 at 11:47:34

Tim 8 nil nils we havent kept a clean sheet in months. Would love to think we would keep a few of them before teh season ends. DOUBT IT

Gueye the poor kid is just there to warm the bench at least give him a go and lets see if he has anything to offer.
Alex Buckley
24   Posted 23/03/2011 at 11:13:42

I think we'd all agree if he stick?s Vic up front, we RIOT!

After receiving a fee for the Yak, I?d of thought there would be no chance of getting him back. Plus after all his brown nosing, I?d leave him there for the King swap.

JV however was a last minute deal due to the derby cock up, I?m sure he?d love the opportunity to end his Everton chapter all guns blazing. He could at least hold the ball up and do a job for us, he?s played allot of games so he?s match fit. I?d have him leading the line in a heartbeat with the options we currently have.

If Cahill, Bily or anyone else is playing with Becks up front they CAN?T be playing behind him, has to be leading the line for him to play off.

Being linked with players like Lukaku seems like pure fantasy when we would need to buy at least 4/5 players with a 20m budget.
Jimmy Sorheim
25   Posted 23/03/2011 at 12:15:39

The only thing moyes is going to do is to do the same thing over again by putting Anichebe alone upfront with cahill just behind him, and after 70 minutes he will put beckford on for anichebe plus the usual 85th minute sub of billy. He doesnt own enough imagination to try anything new like a new formation with 443 or to put a couple of reserves on the field instead of the injured ones. No, he always has to make it hard as possible on himself, because he is to stubborn for his own good. Im getting sick and bored of this quality but it will never change until he is gone or gets new players. I think he is overconfident of thir talents, when they clearly have none or are out of form.
Alex Buckley
26   Posted 23/03/2011 at 12:33:14

443, what no keeper?
Norman Merrill
27   Posted 23/03/2011 at 12:38:13

Alex maybe Tim Howard has been scoring a few in training?
Jonathan Tasker
28   Posted 23/03/2011 at 12:46:07

Moyes will play Cahill as a lone striker, if fit. Next best is Beckford.

The talk of Europe is plain silly.

We would need to finish 5th.

We won't.
Jay Harris
29   Posted 23/03/2011 at 12:54:22

I am really concerned about the possibility of Jags and/or Bainesy getting injured playing for England then we can include the whole youth team in forthcoming squads.

KENWRIGHT OUT.
Anthony Millington
30   Posted 23/03/2011 at 13:17:00

Yakubu doesn't want to come back and I don't blame him. Although I'm not sure why he'd be happy to stay at Leicester when he could play in the Premier League. I'd certainly have Vaughan back though. He definitely deserves a chance and it would be ideal to give him a go now we only have Beckford and Anichebe as our other options.

For everyone saying Vaughan isn't good enough, tell me why Anichebe deserves a big new contact and he doesn't even score goals! And Beckford has done ok, but I really don't think he's much better or better at all than Vaughan.

I remember when we loaned Yak and Vaughan out thinking why loan both out? I sat here like every other sane Evertonian asking what happens (not if but) when Saha gets injured? Thats now happened and we have Victor the crock who doesn't score and an unproven striker who's no good upfront on his own!
Jimmy Sorheim
31   Posted 23/03/2011 at 13:45:22

Sorry, I meant to write 4-3-3. I agree With Anthony in that Vaughan should be prefered before Anichebe. It is plain for all to see that Anichebe is not in form and probably needs better assist if he can score at all. I also think that Vaughan is a bit better when it comes to overall play than Beckford is. But Moyes is never gonna recall Vaughan, he will just sell him as soon as possible to get the wages down. There is no doubt that we are in trouble now with injuries to our top performers. We could even go down into relegation zone again. I am not looking forward to the next 8 matches of the season, that is for sure!
Chris Bannantyne
32   Posted 23/03/2011 at 14:01:33

Hibbo up front.

Anichebe at home.

Actually I'd throw Gueye and Beckford on together. I think that would work just fine actually.
Ian Campbell
33   Posted 23/03/2011 at 14:40:18

Jimmy Sorheim.

Surely a 4-3-3 when we have no forwards is the worst possible formation?
David Barks
34   Posted 23/03/2011 at 15:08:45

I'm failing to see anywhere on Sky where Moyes says "until I?ve worked out who the fuck I?m gonna play". Doesn't sound like him, pretty sure he wouldn't use that language in an interview. Or are we now just coming up with our own quotes and assigning them to Moyes? Very professional.
Dave Wilson
35   Posted 23/03/2011 at 15:14:50

Perish the thought David
Andrew Fair
36   Posted 23/03/2011 at 15:14:02

David do you suffer from autism by any chance? thats not a dig at the mental illness itself b4 anyone jumps on my back. Think Alex was having a tongue in cheek approach to the interview, not meant to take literally. Or have I now commited that crime and took your comment too literally? Slow day at work? Yes!
Dave Wilson
37   Posted 23/03/2011 at 15:29:27

Tongue in cheek ? thank fuck for that . . it would be really weired if the rest of us had to wait for a specialist report, but Alex only had to look into Moysie`s eyes to know Saha was fucked
Alex Buckley
38   Posted 23/03/2011 at 15:15:15

David, the quote was "We need to see the specialist, I can't say anything until then? Reading between the lines and looking at his expression, yes I added ?or until I?ve worked out who the fuck I?m gonna play".

Apologies for the grammatical error but I assumed that would be clearly understood by any Evertonians who kept themselves in the loop.
David Barks
39   Posted 23/03/2011 at 15:51:35

Alex,

Yeah, I really thought you were quoting him exactly as he said it. Of course I did. I really thought that you saw him say that. You're not really going out on a limb saying Saha will be done for the season though are you. With it being the end of March, less than two months left in the season any somewhat significant ankle injury would just about assure the end of the season. At least you didn't go so far as the other post who just knew it was his achilles tendon that had ruptured. But maybe he's right too. Lets all just take guess as to what the injury was, sounds like fun.

But I'm really glad that you can look into his eyes and get a medical report. That's fantastic. You're not that fat bloke who played the hypnotist on Little Britain by any chance are you? "Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around the eyes, look into my eyes."
Russ Quinlan
40   Posted 23/03/2011 at 16:35:53

WTF !
Alex Buckley
41   Posted 23/03/2011 at 16:11:43

FFS David, you sound like you come from the Jesus sandal/white socks brigade.

Get a grip!
Dennis Stevens
42   Posted 23/03/2011 at 16:57:41

Great rant, David - I'm surprised you didn't want to put it all in caps!
Martin Handley
43   Posted 23/03/2011 at 18:18:01

Well for what it's worth when we play Man Ure they've got no Centre Halves we've only got 1 striker..so I got 66/1 on 0-0 with bet fred!
Seriously though I've just read Stubbseys comments on our very own Greek god Stellios 3 goals in 4 games and he basically said he's got no chance of making the 1st team! FFS at least he's scored a goal this decade unlike Big Vic who fell in a barrell load of tits and came out sucking his own thumb!
We're short all over the park for the rest of the season so Jan Mucha might even get a game up front!
Here is my 'Dream' team for the rest of the season.
Howard
Hibbert,Jagielka,Distin,Baines,
Coleman,Neville,Osman,Guaye
Stellios,Beckford
Subs
Mucha,Duffy,Baxter,Mustafi,Billy,Heittinga,Anechebe(there's no fucker else!)
I haven't included Tiny Tim as he looked crocked when he came off Saturday.
Also if anybody can think of a better use of a sub than Big Vic I'd be delighted!
Bob Latchford looked ready to play when I saw him the other week!
Dave Wilson
44   Posted 23/03/2011 at 19:02:45

Classic Manoeuvre Andrew.

When caught making stuff up, accuse the guy who pulls you up of belonging to an imaginary "brigade"...

Textbook!
Victor Chang
45   Posted 23/03/2011 at 18:50:45

Howard
Neville-Jagielka-Distin-Baines
Coleman-Osman-Bily-Gueye
Cahill-HIbbert
Jay Harris
46   Posted 23/03/2011 at 19:39:31

I think we should go 4-3-3:
Howard
Coleman Heitinga Distin Baines
Billy Osman Gueye
Hibbo Jags Neville

That should at least ensure we have a decent number of players in the opponents half and prevent Jags hoofing it up the pitch. He can also see what it's like to chase hoofed balls up to him. We should get at least 6 points from the remaining games to ensure safety.
Dan Brierley
47   Posted 23/03/2011 at 19:35:32

Saha gets injured, and suddenly people cry and whinge like it's the end of the fucking world.

This might shock a few people but... Luis Saha getting injured is not a new thing. Believe it or not, he has spent most of his career on the injury table. Sorry to drop this revelation on a few of the above posters, but you REALLY don't need to hang yourselves off the Runcorn Bridge just yet.

I really don't know if some people are taking the piss, but recall James Vaughan??? For what exactly, to keep Saha company in the injury room?
Alex Buckley
48   Posted 23/03/2011 at 19:59:40

When caught making stuff up!

I bet you haven?t even seen the interview in question to pass judgement, I supposed I?m making up the fact that Moyes has been on stating he?s not going to try and get the Yak back or cut short any loan deals before the season ends. Information fellow supporters may wish to be aware of.

Do you have anything positive to contribute (or Facts) or are you just on here to pass criticism to anyone who passes on an opinion on actual events taking place surrounding their club?
Thomas Christensen
49   Posted 23/03/2011 at 20:16:04

It is time for the secret weapon = GUEYE.

Baxter - looks like he is carrying too much timber (obviously on the YAK diet)

Beckford - 1st teamer now

Cahill - thank the good lord he is fit!!

Vellios - Scored a few in the reserves, might be a dark horse off the bench.

There are options and we've already played a 4-6-0 under Moyes and won...
Clive Lewis
50   Posted 23/03/2011 at 20:41:59

Maybe they should all stand on the goaline we could get by with nil-nils for the rest of the season. It's a shameful situation, who was it that mentioned that they could not get Moyes to spend money.... maybe it's not entirely down to Kenwright we haven't bought a striker.
James Brand
51   Posted 23/03/2011 at 22:45:33

Jonathan #28 simple as!

You put it as plain and simple as reality... thank you.
Anthony Millington
52   Posted 23/03/2011 at 23:34:18

If he plays Cahill upfront though what's the midfield going to be exactly? Remember no Fellani, Artet..., Pienaar, Rodwell might be out? Let me guess.... a midfield of defenders and Osman! The joy!
Jamie Sweet
53   Posted 23/03/2011 at 23:51:43

Kenwright must be absolutely gutted that this little run of injuries has exposed the fact that we will need to ADD to the squad this summer rather than further deplete it!
Alex Buckley
54   Posted 24/03/2011 at 01:14:58

You just couldn't make it up!

Could you imagine if we were still sat in that glut of teams in the bottom half of the table FFS!

Viila are coming to kick the crap out of us, sorry but you've been beaten to it.

But at least now Moyes should be in his element.
Jimmy Sorheim
55   Posted 24/03/2011 at 03:51:48

I would go for this formation during next matches: 4-4-2 with Howard,
Hibbert, Jagielka, Distin, Baines
Coleman, Cahill, Bily, Osman
Beckford, GueyeI feel really good about this line-up and I think that Moyes could benefit from trying this and stick with it for the rest of the season. But knowing him he will just go 4-5-1 with Cahill up front with Beckford. I just hope Gueye can get some playing time now.
Alex Buckley
56   Posted 24/03/2011 at 04:21:37

No way he'd play that central midfield pairing!

Where's our Captain for a start!, If Rodwell is injured then it will be Nev/Osman central with Cahill/Becks upfront leaving Bily (or Osman if Rodwells fit) on the left.

Just hope Cahill leads the line and doesn't isolate Becks upfront.
Andrew Steen
57   Posted 24/03/2011 at 08:04:30

Not sure if anyone follows Jack Rodwell on twitter but he retweeted a comment at midnight from Hayley McQueen which said

"Spent the afternoon at hospital, met the lovely Jack Rodwell and Saha in waiting room, all 3 of us hobbling about feeling sorry 4 ourselves"

Then

"Had date with foot specialist & fractured it in 2 places (Hayley McQueen), famous metatarsal. Only professional to keep Rodwell & Saha info confidential

So... both Saha and Rodwell attending meetings with a foot specialist.

Typical Saha, escapes unhurt from a 70mph car crash yet badly injures himself jumping in the air.
Dennis Stevens
58   Posted 24/03/2011 at 09:26:51

I don't suppose the club's been any more forthcoming as regards the probable duration of Rodwell's injury lay-off. Perhaps you can once again ascertain the truth by reading Moyes's mind, Alex!
Dave Wilson
59   Posted 24/03/2011 at 09:48:32

Alex

Actually I did see the interview.
It was nothing like how you have portrayed it. Moyes does not say anything about "working out who he's gona play" I dont recall Jimmy Vaughan`s name being mentioned and unless you are the amazin Kreskin you could not see the extent of Saha's injury in his eyes... that makes your whole post a complete fabrication. No wonder David Barks took the piss out of it.

The moderators of this site can't possibly research every single post before they publish, so, for the benefit of people who don't see certain interviews, there is a certain responsibility on people who do to relay it as accurately as they can... but then if you did that Moyes wouldn't look nearly as bad would he?

Have your say, mate, that's what the site is for, but if you try to lead people up the garden path, don't be surprised if someone belonging to an imaginary "brigade" pulls you up.

BTW Every single person around me saw Saha rolling around the GP pitch said they believed that was the last we`ll see of him this season.
Matthew Mackey
60   Posted 24/03/2011 at 10:06:53

Some people are saying get JV back from Crystal Palace! I say No no no no no no no no no!!!!!! HEADLESS CHICKEN SYNDROME!

It is reported that the club now only have just one fit striker to get us through to the end of the season. Well ladies and gentlemen, this might be so but you can bet your bottom dollar that (1) Jamaine Beckford still won't start every time and (2) As for our young French forward Gueye, I'm sure Moyes will conjure up another excuse as to why he won't take part in a first team game.

Remember, 4-5-1 must be established at all times, and if that can't be achieved then 4-6-0 is the order of the day. Me... cynical? Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Gavin Ramejkis
61   Posted 24/03/2011 at 10:41:41

Here's L'Equipe's interview with Saha, translated, which clearly says he doesn't see himself back before the end of the season:

Dave Wilson
62   Posted 24/03/2011 at 11:51:24

Oh dear

You can take a horse to water...
Dennis Stevens
63   Posted 24/03/2011 at 12:51:40

Dave Wilson, I haven't seen the interview but clearly understood Alex's opening lines: "Moyes on SSN, ?Oh we need to see the specialist or we won?t tell you he?s out for the season until I?ve worked out who the fuck I?m gonna play? you could tell in his eyes he?s fucked!", were not an actual quote but Alex's own opinion as to the true nature of the situation from his interpretation of Moyes comments & manner.

Regardless of how one appreciates Alex's opinion, the suggestion that his original post is a fabrication or misquoting of Moyes, rather than a mock "quote" to convey Alex's on view is quite laughable. Do you also think Tony Cheek's recent posts of Moyes's post-match comments to the players are either literal quotes from the manager, fly on the wall style ? yet another false portrayal based on fabrications ? or have you realized they're not to be taken seriously?

Dave Wilson
64   Posted 24/03/2011 at 14:07:50

Dennis

I have no problem with Alex`s opinion, dont entirely disagree with it either... but then I saw the interview.

If Alex gave his opinion after he had reported the interview then people would have been able to form their own opinion, but he didnt, in an attempt to discredit Moyes he rewrote the interview. Not everyone saw it and anybody who didnt has been mislead.

Tony Cheek on the other hand makes it clear to all that he`s having a chuckle, there's a big difference.

There is a growing tendency on this site for anti-Moyes posters to make up what they want and if challenged, it's portrayed as opinion. Do you see this post as opinion Dennis?
They take it further talking about a mythical group of Evertonians who "worship" Moyes, think "mediocrity is wonderful", "celebrate finishing midway" and believe everything Kenwright says is true... where are these people? Who are they? I spend my entire life following this club and I have never met one yet! That's probably because they dont exist.

If you and others who see this as mere opinion are completely happy with deliberately distorted posts like this, fair enough, I`ll butt out, I`ll understand you don't wish to hear the facts or alternative views... but understand this, if it is what you want and you get your wish, you risk being seen as merely the flip side of the happy clappers you so despise...

Unhappy clappers?
Gavin Ramejkis
65   Posted 24/03/2011 at 16:26:33

Dave #62 ... but a pencil must be lead (sorry couldn't resist).
Andrew Laird
66   Posted 24/03/2011 at 16:54:49

#64 "a mythical group of Evertonians who "worship" Moyes, think "Mediocrity is wonderful", "celebrate finishing midway" and believe everything Kenwright says is true..."

Doddites?
Dennis Stevens
67   Posted 24/03/2011 at 16:31:54

Dave, your response is ludicrous. The interview can only be considered to have been re-written & to be mis-leading if you think anybody reading it is actually gullible enough to believe Moyes would be using that kind of language in an interview & that it would then be broadcasy unedited. If that's how you view your fellow Evertonians then you must have a very low opinion of them indeed. The "quote" was quite clearly Alex's own way of expressing his view of a frustrating situation.

As for the rest of your post, well it's just a mindless rant really isn't it? Making up spurious motivations for my posts, assuming I despise whoever it is you assume I view as "happy clappers", raving about "anti-Moyes posters". If that gibberish is inspired by the comments I've made in this thread then I suppose it shouldn't seem such a surprise that you view the original post as a "deliberate distortion", having presumably initially thought Alex was quoting verbatim from Moyes interview.
Karl Masters
68   Posted 24/03/2011 at 18:30:28

Let the bitching cease and give the players that are left standing your support for the rest of the season.

8 games and 24 points left to go for. We usually do better when half the team is unavailable anyway!
Dave Wilson
69   Posted 24/03/2011 at 18:30:54

Dennis

I recently called Evertonians world class.

Read my post mate "there is a growing tendency for anti-Moyes posters" ... it was not aimed at you, I don't even know your views on Moyes.

I only used comments that are there to see on these pages now, I didn't make them up.

The term 'happy clappers' is often used when refering to people who believe what the read on the OS ? do you think that's possibly because a lot of the stuff is misleading? Isn't this post doing exactly that?

If, as you say, this post was done in jest, ask yourself why 50 odd people responded and the only one who thought it was funny was the guy who took the piss out of it?

And you might want to ask yourself what earthly use it was to people who didn't see the interview.

I hear you loud and clear, so I`ll stay true to my promise and I`ll butt out.
Alex Buckley
70   Posted 24/03/2011 at 19:19:40

Cheers Dennis, very much appreciated mate.

Was not meant to be anti Moyes at all, see any of my previous posts. Just complete frustration towards the clear lack of boardroom general business acumen, direction or strategy.

This is the first year we?ve not loaned in a single player, a system that has worked so well for us in the past. Yet we loan out 9 players (2 of which are 1st team strikers), with no clear indication that we have included any contractual conditions to recall them under extreme circumstances.

We now have additional question marks over Rodwell & Coleman (who?s just pulled out the Irish squad).

So we are left with a striker coming from League 1 who can?t play on his own and another who can?t shoot, hole the ball up or stay on his feet. All whilst in the knowledge that Saha was made of glass.

Moyes is playing the hand he?s dealt, the board on the other hand are hiding in disgrace.
Paul Olsen
71   Posted 24/03/2011 at 20:08:38

If JV is a headless chicken what is Big Vic?

A mule without feet and head?
Col Hughes
72   Posted 24/03/2011 at 20:39:11

I wish people would stop wishing the Yak was back ? he's fat and lazy, and he no longer wanted to be at the club. Don't say he hasn't had the chances since his injury, because he has.

People on this site are desperate for a goalscoring hero, aren't we all, but he's not the answer. Get what we can for him in the summer and invest in a hungry young lad.

Ian McDowell
73   Posted 24/03/2011 at 20:52:50

I would like Vaughan to come back. In my opinion he is the second best striker at the club behind Saha.
Jon Cox
74   Posted 24/03/2011 at 21:57:52

Get JV back shove him up top with Becks and more importantly, tell them to enjoy what is known as a game called fooltball. Moyes, take off the shackles and free them from tactical rubbish. Let them play on their own with the white sticks in front of their eyes.

Believe me it will work.

R Dodd, what do you think, would it work? (Free football is what we need.)

Answers on a postage stamp.....
Ian McDowell
75   Posted 24/03/2011 at 22:29:17

Jon Cox spot on mate. People say Vaughan is a headless chicken but at least he does run about. That shows he gives a fuck and as long as he does he will get my support like any player who gives it his all for Everton.
Jimmy Sorheim
76   Posted 25/03/2011 at 01:37:20

Why is Saha still playing for us? Why isn't he sold as fast as possible? I can bet that any other manager who is a pro would not make one player his favorite. When doing that you miss the truth and the truth when it comes to Saha is that he is a waste of money; £50,000 a week for a player that only sits out injured.

We have another player who has had injury problems, but not as many times as Saha. He is James Vaughan and I think it is so fucking unfair when people start to criticise him more than Saha for being injured. The point being Saha is Moyes's left breast and his favourite player and that makes me sick because, if he had any brains at all, Saha would be gone before this season when there was a bid from this French club for £5-6 million. Now we are suffering because of that.

He keeps the "talented" Anichebe and then loans out in order to sell both Yakubu and Vaughan. It is a disaster really. I reacted with anger to these crappy decisions. How on earth can anyone defend giving a new contract to a player that looks lost most of the time playing football? How much better wouldn't we be off if he had sold or loaned out Anichebe instead and kept both Vaughan and Yakubu!

I also think he has lost it because there has been NO STABILITY in the first eleven this season. Beckford and Yakubu have suffered for being pulled in and out all season. Why not find the right starting 11 and then stick with it like every other top club does? No, Moyes, that would be too easy!

Tony J Williams
77   Posted 25/03/2011 at 14:38:01

Is that our top scorer Saha, Jimmy?