Members:   Log In Sign Up

Injury Information

I was curious why the official website still had no news about Saha?s injury but physioroom.com had him out till July. So I sent an e-mail to the OS to see why this was.

I got a very quick reply (good for them), basically saying all the information regarding injury?s come from the manager & is based only on information he is comfortable disclosing!

I can understand this but I queried why they couldn?t put approximate information on the site, as I (and I?m sure many other supporters) would like some information, even if it was not totally accurate.

Conspiracy theories, here we go, but is this just another example of keeping us in the dark? For myself I don?t; I think it?s just Moyes being over cautious as normal, but maybe you disagree!

Ed Staunton, liverpool     Posted 30/03/2011 at 13:20:10

Comments

Andy Macrae
1   Posted 30/03/2011 at 14:31:22

The OS is rubbish.

I rarely look at the site as the news it shows is always late, compared to Sky Sports or the BBC.

The club should be encouraging traffic to the site by having news put up early & up-to-date injury news. Plus having good quality features & exclusives would be nice ? a quick look at the site shows me that one of the features is six facts about Tony Hibbert!

There's an easy opportunity for more income if they pull their fingers out of each other's bum holes.
Tony Cheek
2   Posted 30/03/2011 at 14:30:19

Come Saturday, it will be 14 days since Saha writhed in agony after a fall against Fulham. This must now be a club record for with-holding information. Since then we have heard about Rodwell's, Coleman's and Baxter's injuries, but not a peep about Saha's... Why?

What injuriy is so bad it takes two weeks to determine what it is? If he had got injured in his Ferrari then it would have taken 24 hours before it was all over the back pages!

What can the club gain by not saying anything? I mean I would hardly think Houllier would change tactics if Louis was fit.

Eric Myles
3   Posted 30/03/2011 at 14:49:21

And it's annoying that injury news isn't officially provided because Fantasy Premier League only update from official club info, not the press reports,
Ed Staunton
4   Posted 30/03/2011 at 14:58:53

Eric check out the physioroom.com http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php
Jay Harris
5   Posted 30/03/2011 at 15:18:21

Good link Ed.

Worrying to note that Villa will have an injury-free squad for Saturday.
Tony Doran
6   Posted 30/03/2011 at 15:17:08

Just maybe they are thinking of off-loading next season and don't want to disclose another of his now famous muscle pulls or whatever it is. And it also works in Saha's favour.
Eugene Ruane
7   Posted 30/03/2011 at 15:55:04

There are SIX facts about Tony Hibbert?

I could only think of four.
Ray Roche
8   Posted 30/03/2011 at 16:51:55

Eugene Ruane ? Does that include the one about Hibbert and a goat?
Tony J Williams
9   Posted 30/03/2011 at 16:53:24

Couldn't give a flying. If he plays he plays. The only difference in me knowing is my bet come matchday.
Gavin Ramejkis
10   Posted 30/03/2011 at 18:39:15

Kenwright will be bored of the glaringly obvious questions that would come by admitting he is goosed until the end of the season so Pravda will be instructed not to run the truth.

Today's post at home was funny, my third reminder to renew my season ticket... they must be shitting themselves, I've had one for years and never had this much crap through the letterbox from them before.
Alan Rodgers
11   Posted 30/03/2011 at 18:46:39

Pravda haven't commented on: 1. Saha; 2. the Park End building cock-up; and 3. the big hole in the wall on Walton Lane. Obviously the three things are linked by Saha's Ferrari.

Like you, Gavin, I have been inundated with emails, post, and even a personal phone call from Goodison Towers asking if I would like a season ticket.

Mark Stone
12   Posted 30/03/2011 at 21:12:23

To be fair, if they reported an estimate ... as you suggest ... when the estimate transpired to be wrong, there would be a barrage of abuse levelled at the club on here for bullshitting us. I'm happy with the idea that the OS wait for the facts and don't just report guesses and rumours. I get more than my fair share of that here.

Doesn't make a difference what the OS do or don't say anyway. Some bellend will still be moaning on here when Saha is out till Sept that the club 'promised us July'. No doubt that will be attributed to them tricking people into season ticket renewals.

Tom Bowers
13   Posted 30/03/2011 at 21:34:41

It's probably fair to say that King Louis will at the very least miss this week's game. So, what else is new. We have come to to expect bad news every week this season in many ways ? not just the endless injury problems. Hopefully Cahill will be all the better for not playing for Oz yesterday.

Thankfully the points are no longer crucial and perhaps the players will be more relaxed and be able to put in a convincing performance against Villa despite King Louis being out.

I don't think it's worth losing sleep speculating how long any injured player will be out.

Jay Harris
14   Posted 30/03/2011 at 22:25:33

Mark, do you not think 2 weeks is a long time to "wait for the facts" in a top level sport.

Even with today's totally inadequate health care, any man in the street would have X-ray results within a couple of days, let alone a top class professional with the best medical care available.

I have a suspicion that Saha has had enough and wants to retire but that's just pure speculation on my part.
Michael Kenrick
15   Posted 31/03/2011 at 04:06:14

Eric Myles
16   Posted 31/03/2011 at 05:36:45

Tom #13 points no longer crucial? How do you work that out?

I see us 8 points off relegation with 8 games to go. So it's crucial we put more points on the board.

Alternatively 9 points off Europe, so again crucial we put points on the board.
And most crucially, 5 points behind the RS.
Mark Stone
17   Posted 31/03/2011 at 08:58:52

"Mark (#12) ? to be scrupulously fair to the many, many contributors who write on these pages, I think I can honestly state that no-one on here has ever to my knowledge been sufficiently small-minded to moan at the club for failing to accurately predict the duration of a player's time out through injury. So take that comment and stuff it where the sun don't shine."

Because, as we've clarified, the OS don't publish rumours and speculation (apart from that pointless 'what the papers say' ? although it is pretty clear that the views expressed in that section are not those of the club). So there is no reason for anybody to complain about it, is there? Instead they complain that the club don't attempt to speculate.
Mark Stone
18   Posted 31/03/2011 at 09:31:05

"Mark, do you not think 2 weeks is a long time to "wait for the facts" in a top level sport"

Well I work in top level athletes and have done for about 5 years - and no I don't necessarily think that two weeks is too long to wait. Yes you can get an X-Ray back very quickly but that isn't necessarily what they are waiting for, is it?
Trevor Lynes
19   Posted 31/03/2011 at 12:12:40

Did Jags and Baines come back OK after their game for England?? Jags looked like he might have done some damage...
Gavin Ramejkis
20   Posted 31/03/2011 at 13:53:10

Mark #18, couldn't resist what exactly is it you do "work in top athletes and have done for about 5 years" ? Are you really tiny... and how do you get "in" a top athlete?
Tony J Williams
21   Posted 31/03/2011 at 15:26:32

Beat me to it Gavin, I had the image of Raquel Welch in a tight fitting scubasuit too. hmmmm
Gavin Ramejkis
22   Posted 31/03/2011 at 15:44:23

Tony, great minds think alike, 1966 Fantastic Voyage, Raquel looking as hot as Jane Fonda did in Barbarella
Dennis Stevens
23   Posted 31/03/2011 at 16:46:44

Surely it's not speculative for the club to tell us the current situation, if only to indicate the area of injury [left foot/brain, etc], the short term impact [not available for next match, at least] & perhaps an explanatory comment if additional investigations are ongoing [player on jolly to see top consultant wherever] & that further updates will be made as & when ? at least that would leave slightly less of a void to be filled by the media crap.
Anthony Lamb
24   Posted 31/03/2011 at 21:37:25

It is perfectly obvious why it is traking so long for any comments to be made about the latest injury to "King" Louis. There are so many options for the relevant parties to choose from.

Having identified the vast range of so-called injuries that this character has "suffered" from in his career they are obviously giving him as much time as possible to decide which one of the interminably long list he would like to choose this time.

Obviously having been through most of the injuries known to medical science he is taking his time on this occasion or perhaps the assembled parties are trying to identify one from which he has not suffered or perhaps creating one solely for the further expansion of the medical history of "King" Louis. Or perhaps he has cried wolf too often and he really is ACTUALLY incapacitated!

John Hall
25   Posted 01/04/2011 at 06:15:26

Is anyone else seriously worried about the rest of the season? With all our injuries, we're going to have to turn to our reserves to save us ? and we know how well they've done this season! Seriously worrying times ? and this is no April Fool!!
Nick Dommett
26   Posted 01/04/2011 at 15:02:29

Here's confirmation of what we have all suspected: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/apr/01/everton-louis-saha-ankle-injury