Le Coq do the Business again!

I have just seen the new Home shirt for next season o EPLTalk.com. Looks classy and continues the retro theme of this year's cream 3rd kit.

I just hope the socks are still white. Does anybody know what the shorts and socks are like yet?

The Away shirt is also out. Not so keen on that one though!

Does anybody know when these are launched? Should be early Summer so we can wear themon our hols, but somehow the Club have messed that up in the past.
Karl Masters, Chatham     Posted 19/04/2011 at 11:30:13

Comments

Colin Ryan
1   Posted 19/04/2011 at 19:46:44

Love the new home top myself and will buy it. Wont be going near the away though. Hopefully they keep the 3rd one from this season as its a classic kit. The amount of Everton kits in the wardrobe is starting to pile up and at 31 i should really stop buying them.

Now if only we could buy them in normal sports shops like every other premiership team.
Stephen Leary
2   Posted 19/04/2011 at 20:43:56

Away jersey is gold and yes the socks are white. I like the new home jersey again tho the away one is horrible in my opinion.
Graham Holliday
3   Posted 19/04/2011 at 21:14:47

Only thing I don't like is the heavy badge... and I imagine the players aren't too keen on it either!
Mike Green
4   Posted 19/04/2011 at 21:23:00

Quality top if it's gen. Well done Everton and Le Coq.
Mick Gallagher
5   Posted 19/04/2011 at 21:30:50

Lets just hope they get it in the store early this year before most people go on holiday, but I wouldnt hold me breath.
Tony J Williams
6   Posted 19/04/2011 at 21:59:06

Home kit is great, away one looks like the Keijan monstrosity from about 6 years ago.
Mark Pierpoint
7   Posted 19/04/2011 at 22:23:05

Karl, does anyone over the age of eight actually give a shit what colour the shorts and socks are? Not a criticism just a question?

The home shirt isn't bad but i am ashamed that a club that has peddled 'the people's club' bollocks is forever changing the kits year on year. I for one don't care but i feel for the parents amongst the Toffeeweb users
John Daley
8   Posted 19/04/2011 at 22:22:23

Same old same old in my opinion. What's with the totally superfluous rusty gold/orange around the collar? The away kit will be classed as'amber' I guess, but a more accurate description would be 'the colour of tramps piss'.
Jamie Crowley
9   Posted 19/04/2011 at 22:30:35

I actually like the away jersey...
Mustard - color and all
Karl Masters
10   Posted 19/04/2011 at 22:51:26

Mark #7

Yes, I care! :) And the reason is simply because I grew up in the 70's with Everton wearing white socks and we were the only team who did. Ipswich, Millwall, Birmingham etc never looked as classy as Everton. So I guess, I just like to see that tradition carried on. I know I am not alone in that sentiment.

John Daley. You are right. From the photo it looks like tramp's piss off yellow! Classic summation - made me smile.

And on the subject of that away shirt, I wonder waht Eugene thinks. He hates the pink shirt, but championed amber last Summer. Somehow, I don't think this offering will remind him of Bob Latchford putting in 4 at QPR or Joe Royle's final Everton match at West Ham in the 70's, but I 'd still be interested in his opinion.
Paul Gladwell
11   Posted 19/04/2011 at 23:57:17

It looks like the club have took the stick on board regarding kits after that Pink debacle with these two new kits, plus the first one comes out next month so our kids can go on holiday with a new kit and very nice ones too in the Everton tradition.
Lee Courtliff
12   Posted 20/04/2011 at 00:15:11

Hopefully i will never have to see my team wearing that bloody awful pink kit ever again. Even the colour of "tramps piss" is better than that fucking disgusting pink kit.

Imagine trying to "rally the troops" on a wet wednesday night when you are 2 nil down away from home and you see they are all dressed like ladyboys! Ridiculous.
Eric Myles
13   Posted 20/04/2011 at 02:20:42

Anyone got a link to the pics of the away kit please?
John Keating
14   Posted 20/04/2011 at 02:17:55

Mark and Karl. Funny you mentioning socks.
I grew up supporting them from around 1960 onwards. In all that time - until the early 70's I think I can't recall them ever changing the home shirt.
It was always blue with a white round neck and white at bottom of the sleeves.
What I do remember though is the bastards changed the socks every bloody year !! Blue with white tops, white with blue tops.
Complete pain in the arse for me dad having to buy me them !
Paul Gladwell
15   Posted 20/04/2011 at 06:15:22

They cannot win sometimes at the club, that away kit is the closest you can get to the plain amber one so many have harped on about and looks like they have took a few things on board as this is the first one out next month, so the girl in the shop told me last week, we are getting a third kit too.

The home kit is superb and maybe they can actually make some money this summer on kits instead of giving us the worst kit in football history and a lovely vanilla one for our kids to hang in the wardrobe by bringing it out in the autumn, we can look forward to seeing kids everywhere in new Everon kits this summer instead of the poor buggers looking in envy at their red mates in school who always seem to have a new one at the start of every summer holiday.

Antony Matthews
16   Posted 20/04/2011 at 08:33:42

There you go Eric, You dont have to wear sunglasses to look at it :) http://www.epltalk.com/everton-away-shirt-for-2011-12-season-revealed-photo-30733
Andrew Warrender
17   Posted 20/04/2011 at 08:40:18

#13

Away Kit link

Home kit link
Craig Taylor
18   Posted 20/04/2011 at 09:07:19

Home hit looks awesome.

Not sure on the away, agree it looks like the Kejan sponsored home one from a few years back.

The colours do go well with the Evertonians for change scarf released yesterday!!!!
Mark Pierpoint
19   Posted 20/04/2011 at 09:18:50

Interesting points made here. I am going to go a bit off topic here but to go back to my point, from this thread can i assume that i am in a minority of fans unhappy about the constant changes of kit? Can i assume that you lot are content with the idea of changing all kits every year?

By all means change the 'home' or 'away' every year. when i was a kid in the 90's you could buy a kit and know that unless the sponsors changed you could get a couple of years out of it. Changing everything every year just sums up how far removed the club's hierarchy are from us fans
Gavin Ramejkis
20   Posted 20/04/2011 at 09:49:30

The home shirt looks like a footie top, the away one looks like a t shirt. Personally, I prefer going back to yellow for the away kit and I had the Latch yellow kit when I was a kid in school, it was itchy as hell but I loved that kit.

Wasn't there supposed to be a ruling on how often clubs could change their kits that was more down to sponsors, last time I checked we haven't changed sponsors.
Peter Laing
21   Posted 20/04/2011 at 10:54:49

I buy two home jersey's every season for my two boys but in my opinion they always look shit without the Chang sponsorship on the front due to the pathetic advertising rule. I dont know what all the fuss is about not being able to advertise Chang on a kids Jersey, the stuff tastes like cat piss all the same !
Tony X Williams
22   Posted 20/04/2011 at 11:13:23

I like the new home shirt...I'll take a rain check on the new away shirt.

As for socks... personally I have always wanted Everton to play in Blue socks AND Blue shorts. I like Blue.
Gavin Ramejkis
23   Posted 20/04/2011 at 11:39:39

Peter #21 I'm not sure why they don't try and challenge the Chang ruling as I'm sure some of our Far Eastern contributors here will confirm that Chang also sell soft drinks? If they do why not just export those too and voila you have your sponsorship sorted as it says Chang and not Chang beer.
Neil McKinney
24   Posted 20/04/2011 at 12:02:23

I've had a look at the links and the home shirt looks alright. They've kept it quite simple which I like but I've always been more of a crew neck fan as opposed to collars.

Don't like the away kit and, even though it has historical significance, I've never really liked the amber away shirt or variations of (yellow, gold). Reminds me of high school where our PE uniform consisted of a very cheap amber polo shirt and the worst kind of royal blue shorts you could possibly be forced to wear.

It might not help that the picture of the away shirt looks like it's an XXL hanging on a very small hanger, which makes it look shapeless and like it's got a massive neck hole (which I hate).

I hear what a few people are saying about the Kejian one from a few years back. I loved the original Puma/Kejian top and had the black 3rd shirt. I then got the blue home shirt the following season, still Puma and still sponsored by Kejian, but I remember it feeling really cheap and ill-fitting. The blue from the shirt ran into the white ribbing round the collar and sleeves as well. I remember that the away version was a fairly shocking (IMO) amber one in the same style.

I didn't get a shirt this season due to being brassic, but I really liked the simplicity of the home shirt and I think I'll probably get one when the new shirt comes out and they reduce in price. Ditto with the cream 3rd shirt.
Chris Bannantyne
25   Posted 20/04/2011 at 12:58:49

I buy all three jerseys every season, and I must wear 'everton coloured spectacles' because I've loved every one I've ever bought.

These two new ones are the same, I love them both.

In regards to the whole shorts and socks discussion, I would like to see solid blue socks and shorts. The more blue the better IMO, and i think it looks pretty badass too.
David Parks
26   Posted 20/04/2011 at 13:36:43

Mark #19,

The club have to change all 3 kits (And indeed have a 3rd kit) every year to maximise money coming in.
I am sure our financial situation would be even less if we kept shirts for 2 years at a time like we used to.

Any business with turnover under £100m that pays several staff members £2m-£4m a year is in trouble, and has to do everything to eke out cash from its customers/fan base.

Compare the average wage/turnover ratio in the Premiership (60-80%) and the average Bank that gets bashed for large bonues (18-22%!!)
Chad Schofield
27   Posted 20/04/2011 at 13:54:46

Anyone else think it's odd that there's a lack of consistency on the collar between supposed home and away shits?

As for "tramp's piss" or "same old, same old" - I'm unsure what you hope for... a cape? The image of Karl gleefully prancing around with his bright white socks and nouveau cape is one I'd prefer was not in my head. And are people really concerned about the "heavy badge" - will Osman have to drag his nipples along the floor?!
Jason Lam
28   Posted 20/04/2011 at 15:09:51

Love it. I hope the inside of the collar is vanilla and not plain yellow.

Anyway it's brilliant, will buy it for the boys. COYB
David S Shaw
29   Posted 20/04/2011 at 16:40:36

Why does it matter if they change the kit every year? No one forces you to buy it.

Don't give me the kid argument either. It does your kid good if you say no to them now and again.

In fact the kit is too cheap. They should add £20 to the price and have a 2nd home kit for Cup competitions.
Ray Roche
30   Posted 20/04/2011 at 16:55:43

What's happened to having a white collar?
David Hallwood
31   Posted 20/04/2011 at 19:21:59

John Daley #8, have you thought of approaching Dulux or Crown, and tell them that you have an exciting new colour concept for their autumn collection?
Lyndon Lloyd
32   Posted 20/04/2011 at 21:36:44

White socks for the home strip. Always. End of

David Moorcroft
33   Posted 20/04/2011 at 22:00:32

I don't think it matters what colours they are... we buy them anyway. I think the away kit is meant to look like the 69-70 kit when we won the league.

I think we should wear all blue, it makes us look like we have more players on the pitch and we seem more aggressive. I remember going to Old Trafford many times in the 60s and 70s when we came out in Royal Blue from top to bottom and it inspired the supporters which inspired the team.

Anyway, I can remember having great times over there. Sorry, I meant to say 70s and 80s. Anyway, 6 grandsons kits a season is still an investment.

David Moorcroft
34   Posted 20/04/2011 at 22:00:32

I dont think it matters what colours they are,We buy them anyway.I think the awy kit is meant to look like the 69/70 kit when we won the league.I think we should wear all blue,It makes us look like we have more players on the pitch and we seem more aggresive.I remember going to old trafford many times in the 60s and 70s when we came out in royal blue from top to bottom and it inspired the supporters which inspired the team,Anyway i can remember having great times over there,Sorry,I meant to say 70s and 80s.Anyway 6 grandsons kits a season is still an investment.
Tony X Williams
35   Posted 21/04/2011 at 03:03:42

Gavin *23

yes, I live in Thailand and can confirm Chang also make soft drinks and bottled water.
Tony X Williams
36   Posted 21/04/2011 at 03:09:31

Oh and I forgot to mention that I'll probably be able to pick up the new Everton shirt at the market next week !!! 'tell 'em the price son...' 100 baht, thats about 2 quid to you blokes ;o)
Paul Gladwell
37   Posted 21/04/2011 at 06:45:23

Why do people moan about changing kits and then moan why we are skint? I am sure they don't like their kids wearing the same worn out school jumper for two years. I hear similar people in the pub with the same shout about being skint as they sup on their tenth pint, that's the shirt paid for straight away.
Andy Codling
38   Posted 21/04/2011 at 10:49:01

No doubt we will release it some time in August when most people have already been on holiday, thus missing a huge merchandising oppurtunity. Reasons like this is why I understand we are skint...because of the incompetent people behind the scenes.
Dave Roberts
39   Posted 21/04/2011 at 11:20:50

A lot of posters seem to be equating footy shirts with something to wear on holiday. I gave up this practice a few years ago when I was on holiday in Crete, just after we had sold the English James McFadden to Manure. I was pretty depressed at the time.

Nevertheless, I wore the shirt to a taverna one lunchtime and was quite pleased with myself until a waiter saw me, smiled sarcastically, pointed at me and shouted at the top of his voice, 'ROONEY'!!!!

It's a good job I never learned how to say fuck off in Greek.
Anthony Hawkins
40   Posted 21/04/2011 at 12:50:41

Picking up on the "I'm skint" comments. I groan when people talk about being skint and promptly switch on their Sky or Cable TV. WTF!

Back on topic, this seasons shirt is the best we've had for a while although I did like the one a few seasons ago before it "evolved" from a white flash on one shoulder to the two shoulders etc.

Le Coq do seem to have learned from their initial mistake with the white bib to produce some very good kits. I'd happily wear the home kit next season although not sure it's enough of an evolution to warrant a new shirt. We'll see when it's formally launched.
Ian Smitham
41   Posted 21/04/2011 at 22:00:56

Dave, "The English McFadden" ? Thank you!
Trevor Thompson
42   Posted 03/05/2011 at 17:07:26

Just thought I'd post up a link showing off Everton's kit for 2011-12 season. I quite like the home kit; looks pretty plain and simple without too much going on. Could be one of the best kits we've had since the plain Puma version we had around 2003. Glad to see we're back to the traditional yellow instead of that awful pink for our away kit.