Members:   Log In Sign Up

Here We Go Again

I don't beliieve it. Neville at it again saying we are on the up. Every time he or another player opens their mouth that we are 'on the move' then we loose and play badlly. Do they never learn?

Do it on the pitch and make the fans happy. The players can talk all they like but unless it's produced on the pitch it's cheap talk.

Frank Duffy, Formby     Posted 29/04/2011 at 19:30:49

Comments

Ian McDowell
1   Posted 29/04/2011 at 21:12:39

Fully agree. We are on the up well its months too late he should have said this in August. Now we are playing for nothing we wont go down and wont make the champions league.
Peter Healing
2   Posted 29/04/2011 at 21:29:35

Who listens to that clown He is all talk and defo no action,He has no credibility
Ste Traverse
3   Posted 30/04/2011 at 01:55:55

I'm one of many whose sick of Neville and his tub-thumping soundbites.

He claims we're "on the verge of great things". It's an insult to your intelligance.

Or,being the huge cynic that I am,have those words been put in his mouth by the club in an attempt to shift season tickets?
Stephen Leary
4   Posted 30/04/2011 at 02:24:56

I'm sick of it too, they're all bloody clowns... this season, it's been pish.
Kevin Hudson
5   Posted 30/04/2011 at 09:27:06

I think Ste hit the nail on the head there, but Peter's claim that he has "no credibility," is just asinine.

How dare the club captain talk us up!
Mark Stone
6   Posted 30/04/2011 at 10:35:06

59 England Caps
6 times Premier League Champion
3 FA Cup Winners medals and a Champions League winders medal.

I wish more players at Everton had such little credibility
Tony J Williams
7   Posted 30/04/2011 at 10:38:03

Yeah Kevin! it would be better if Pip started slagging off players, manager and club. Now that would be a soundbite.

Some posters just love it and we get these daft threads after every single one of his interviews is aired.

My advise to these posters is, Get over it, don''t listen/read them. You know exactly what it will say.

What do these people actually expect Neville to say? I would prefer the ,"No comment" route but the contracts with the media don't allow them to say that.
Mark Stone
8   Posted 30/04/2011 at 10:52:41

The problem is, in our celebrity obsessed culture, people love watching shit like this ... it doesn't matter what the questions the interviewer asks or what answer the player gives ... people just love watching it. After every match the players/manager are asked the most pointless questions: "So you've won 8-0 today. Are you happy with that result?"; "You were beaten 3-0 today and got relegated. Was that a disappointing end to the season?", "You've had a 6 game unbeaten run now and are top of the form table, have things started going your way a bit more?" "You got sent off and scored three own goals today, were you disappointed with your own performance?". Stupid questions always followed by the same scripted, obvious response. Hardly Frost/Nixon is it? But for some reason people absolutely love it to ... the extent that Sky Sports have capitalised with a succesful 24-hours a day, 7 days a week channel dedicated to exactly that.

Its the same with all these talent shows and the pointless 'judges' comments and spin-off discussion shows. And on BBC Breakfast this morning. They were interviewing the tailor who fitted Wills suit and asked him ... "I assume there there were some fittings, can you tell us a bit about them?", "Well I measured him and based on his size made a suit so that it would fit him". Remarkable.

I've got a mate who players in the lower leagues and he's a really intelligent lad - actually doing his PhD in my department - but I've seen him interviewed on TV during a good Cup run and he comes across like a tool. Incidentally, David Moyes is one of the few involved in football who seems to treat these pseudo-journalits with the contempt they deserve. If everyone stopped tuning in all this bollocks would stop - but they wont because for some reason they love it. It drives me nuts.
Eugene Ruane
9   Posted 30/04/2011 at 16:58:03

If what I watched at Wigan was 'on the up', I'd fucking HATE to see us when we're on the..er...down.
Jackie Barry
10   Posted 30/04/2011 at 17:12:52

Well everything's fine by what I hear, we are doing great and we are on the up!

I can't believe what my once great club has been turned into, we are a bloody laughing stock!
Frank Duffy
11   Posted 30/04/2011 at 17:19:03

Hate to say I was right. What a rubbish performance. Any chance the players (except for Howard & Osman) donating their weekly wage to their favourite charity if not to the fans who were at the game. Neville keep your mouth shut.
Richard Harris
12   Posted 30/04/2011 at 17:48:28

Maybe he meant 'fuck up' instead...
Paul Olsen
13   Posted 30/04/2011 at 18:00:14

One day we criticize David Moyes for talking down players, next we criticize Phil Neville for talking up players.

Yep...
Vijay Badhan
14   Posted 30/04/2011 at 19:56:26

All the trophies he has won at Man Utd have nothing to do with his time at Everton and the success he acheived there has not rubbed off otherwise we would have won a trophy by now. I get tired of people talking about his 6 Championship Trophyie!!!!

Who gives a shit about Utd? The sooner we stop playing the likes of Hibbert and Neville the better as far as I am concerned. I pray he never gets a coaching roll at EFC as we already have too many defensively minded coaches at our club.

Paul Rice
15   Posted 30/04/2011 at 20:11:54

Did we lose today? I could of sworn we got a draw......
Joe McMahon
16   Posted 30/04/2011 at 20:41:30

Mark Stone (5) sadly none of the medals you mentioned were whilst at Everton.
Peter Fearon
17   Posted 01/05/2011 at 00:13:35

Relax. If the hyped up bullshit crap on the website and the nonsense fed to the popular media by management and players alike contained real information, forthright opinions and honest open frank and fearless debate, we wouldn't need Michael, Lyndon and ToffeeWeb, now would we?
Daniel A Johnson
18   Posted 03/05/2011 at 12:20:31

If HE becomes our next manager god help us.

Can you imagine the sound bites and comments every week... Jesus H Christ!
Daniel A Johnson
19   Posted 03/05/2011 at 12:21:40

Another point with Neville, yes he has a shit load of medals, but he was an average player in a very good team and as the squad around him improved he eventually got marginalised and squeezed out.

So one could argue Neville is a good pro but also a lucky bastard.
Daniel A Johnson
20   Posted 03/05/2011 at 12:24:13

Also, the fact he has a left foot probably extended his usefulness at club and international level.