Bambi On Ice to Spearhead Big Finish!

Well, after the initial laughter on reading the latest Statement of Intent in the Liverpool Daily Post (Anichebe out to spearhead big finish), came a dark chilling shudder at the thought of having to endure watching such a sight. Supporters Faith! WTF planet is he on.

I hope it?s just a sick joke but it could be conceived that Moyes has fallen out with Beckford and sent Round to plant the seed in a desperate attempt to get the faithful go easy on him come Saturday.

Come on discounting Cahill I would still say he?s currently 4th choice Striker behind Beckford, Gueye & Vellios. Shit I?d even give Hallam Hope a game before him.

I?m sure the City players are bricking themselves at the prospect of already being a man up before a ball is kicked in anger.
Alex Buckley, Huyton     Posted 04/05/2011 at 09:27:39

Comments

Trevor Lynes
1   Posted 04/05/2011 at 14:33:38

Since when was Gueye a striker??? Louis Saha is streets better than the players you have listed... Strikers score goals!!!
Mike Atherton
2   Posted 04/05/2011 at 14:42:41

Yes... and Saha didn't for a whole year!
Gary Creaney
3   Posted 04/05/2011 at 14:49:21

The worst player on our books yet somehow displays a stinking egotistical attitude despite achieving fuck all!!!

Phil Neville has scored more in the last year than Big Vic ? and that's saying something ? hell Phil Neville has had more shots than Big Vic in the last year.

Seriously, where do these guys get the nerve from???

Dick Anderson
4   Posted 04/05/2011 at 14:48:36

Dont Man City have Bambi On Ice? Isn't Jô known as Bambi On Ice?

Anyway, the problem with Beckford is that he is just a goalscorer. He doesn't have anything else to his game other then scoring goals.

Beckford is very poor at holding the ball up. He doesn't work hard at defending from the front. And he has a tendency to disappear from games.

Now just being a goalscorer is not a bad thing. Darren Bent for example is just a goalscorer. Other then score goals, Bent does very little in most games.

But Darren Bent has scored over 20 goals this season. When your striker has scored over 20 goals, you can justify having him in the side.

Sadly, Beckford has only scored 7 Premier League goals this season. And 7 goals is not enough to excuse his poor play on the pitch.

Not being able to hold the ball up and disappearing in games is ok if you're Darren Bent and have over 20 goals. But if you're Beckford and only have 7 goals it's simply not good enough.
Anichbe cannot be considered a goalscorer. In fact, his goalscoring record is awful. But at least Anichebe has a physical presence and can hold the ball up at times. Plus Anichebe does work his socks off for most of the game.

So Moyes has a basic choice: Go with a player with nothing else to his game other then a couple of goals (Beckford)... or go with a player who has a physical presence but almost no goals.

Personally, I think Moyes is stuck choosing between two very poor players. Neither Anichebe or Beckford are Premier League class and both will probably end up in the Championship.

If I was Moyes, I would have a complete clear out in the summer and get rid of all the strikers.

James Vaughan (struggling at Crystal Palace); Yakubu (lacks the heart to play for Everton); Keiran Agard (scored just once in the Scotish Premier League); and even Luis Saha (too injury-prone) should join Beckford and Anichebe in leaving Everton.

Get rid of them all and use the money to bring in 2 or 3 new strikers. Plus Moyes could use Gueye more and maybe develop Hallam Hope into a squad player.
Dave Wilson
5   Posted 04/05/2011 at 14:59:56

Dear me.

This guy has had more written about him than Moyes, Kenwright and all the other players put together. Why?

If it's merely critical analysis, doesn't that usually take place AFTER the game?

If he`s just shite, how many times and in how many different ways does it need to be said?

And if he really has ruined everyone's season, how come he didn't play in all those drawn and lost home games that have really fucked our season?

Here`s an idea: both Moyes and Round have spoken about the guy's lack of self belief... let's give him another battering, just in case he has a shred left. That`ll make the season better.
Tony J Williams
6   Posted 04/05/2011 at 15:28:48

Come on, Dave, Round was bad enough with spouting nonsense, but this is a step too far for Victor.

Repay the supporters belief? What fecking belief?!? Even you, who rightly argues the disproportionate stick he gets, can't for one second believe he is going to spearhead anything or that anyone has any belief in him.
Dennis Stevens
7   Posted 04/05/2011 at 15:38:52

Dick, how can you compare Beckford with Bent? One is an established Premier League striker & an England international, the other is in his first season at this level after leap-frogging a division last summer. How much playing time have they had, respectively, & how are they being used by their managers?

Beckford's style of play would have been known before the manager chose to sign him so one assumes Moyes is happy with that or hopes to develop him as a player ? a little unlikely bearing in mind Beckford's age.

You also forget, when describing Moyes's dichotomy, that he also has the option of pairing the two players ? perhaps their contrasting abilities would work well together.

Gavin Ramejkis
8   Posted 04/05/2011 at 15:54:09

Anichebe hasn't earned the support, his stats say it all... and as for attacking Beckford for only scoring 7 over Anichebe's 0, claiming he doesn't hold the ball up well ? he never has. Any scout would have told you Beckford hasn't and never will be a lone striker. At Leeds he played off Becchio, we saw glimpses of what he can do when he played with Saha.

Unfortunately old balsa boy is now broken so the only partner he has could be Anichebe, who spends more time sulking and punching the floor after he falls over or fucks up than just getting on with the game.

A striker's job is to score goals or at the very least assist another striker or team mate to, Anichebe doesn't do this.

Don Kiddick
9   Posted 04/05/2011 at 16:19:50

I will tell you all straight now... I will never set foot in Goodison Park again while the useless lump Victor is on the payroll.

I work over 60 hours a week holding two jobs down and there is no way he is getting part of it. If he was useless but at least tried to better his game and stopped rolling over the ground thumping the turf, I might forgive him... but I can't stomach the fact that he will be given some of my wages in his!!!

Tim Spring
10   Posted 04/05/2011 at 16:39:01

Vic is rubbish, Beckford isn't Premier League class, Saha sneezes and is out for a month.... And we are still 7th in the league!

From what I have seen of Anichebe, I doubt he will ever have the consistency to play at the top level and do well, but what is worse then crap strikers? ... No strikers. I think Round has just thought, if he can build confidence in the lad, we might see him actually do something on a pitch other than fall over!

I'd love it if we signed Klose... he is 8ft-6in and could gobble up Baines's crosses; only down side is that he is on about a billion euros a year more than we can pay...

I hate football.

Andy Crooks
11   Posted 04/05/2011 at 16:36:56

Victor Anichebe is irrelevant. In my opinion, he is average at best but he has really become a distraction from where our problems really lie. We have a team of under-performers and I'd like to put Arteta up there among the worst.

Imagine Vic is not at Everton. What difference does it make? Overpaid? Well, he's just like the rest from the coach down. Criticising Victor Anichebe is letting the real culprits off the hook.

Paul Rice
12   Posted 04/05/2011 at 16:47:46

He reminds me of a slightly shitter version of Emile Hesky.
Built like a tank but about as much stablitity as a Japanese reactor core.
Chris Williams
13   Posted 04/05/2011 at 16:54:53

Victor has also said he will play anywhere for Everton.

Can I suggest Tranmere Rovers?
Chris Butler
14   Posted 04/05/2011 at 16:51:32

Beckford will turn into a better striker with experience but he will need more service. It's easy to say that our strikers are lazy but we don't have a decent winger anymore now Pienaar has gone; none of our central midfield players are capable of passing... how do they score?

Anichebe could be a good player if played in the correct position. He seems more capable when the ball's played to his feet, rather than just launched up. People forget that he's in the team because Moyes got rid of the Yak.

Richard Parker
15   Posted 04/05/2011 at 17:05:01

Vic is one of the worst players that I've seen in an Everton shirt. People talk about AvdM, Krøldrup, etc ? and rightly so ? but at least on the pitch they looked like they might have, at one point in their lives, been a footballer.

Vic does nothing and never will. He's appalling. Hibbo looks like Messi next to him.
Jeremy Benson
16   Posted 04/05/2011 at 17:40:51

If true, this seems to suggest that Beckford and Moyes may have fallen out big time.

Wouldn't surprise me if Beckford is moved on during the window, which would be a shame, I feel...
Ian Kearney
17   Posted 04/05/2011 at 18:04:49

He did alright last time we played City, so he's talking himself up in an interview... get over it, it's pathetic.
John Daley
18   Posted 04/05/2011 at 17:52:22

"Since when was Gueye a striker???"

Always. He was a striker for Strasbourg and also played there for France U-21. I don't know if he had ever even played on the wing before Moyes decided to shove him out there in pre-season.
Sean McCarthy
19   Posted 04/05/2011 at 18:57:48

#15 ... why would it be a shame??? He's pants!! Indicative of how far we have fallen behind if we accept piss-poor players like Beckford or Anichebe as being good enough for Everton Football Club. With no disrespect to anyone, they aren't good enough for any other Prem club so why should we have to put up with them???
Sean McCarthy
20   Posted 04/05/2011 at 19:00:59

"....Plus Anichebe does work his socks off for most of the game...."

I'm still laughing at this little gem Dick!!!

(What d'ya mean, "he's being serious"????? No way!!! It's his sense of humour!! Isn't it???)
Dean Adams
21   Posted 04/05/2011 at 19:02:40

Excellent!!!

We have so many posters on here who know exactly who will make it in the Premier League, even after a small handful of games, yet none of them have seemingly taken their marvellous ability to spot talent to a higher level and find a nice little list of freebies and cheap bargains to hand to the board this summer so that they and we can watch the fantastic football they seem to think will come easy.

Absolutely fabulous!!!!

Karl Masters
22   Posted 04/05/2011 at 19:06:20

If he's all we have got on Saturday, you might as well give him some encouragement. You never know what might then happen.

It's all too easy to sit at a keyboard slagging players off. Victor Anichebe has not turned into the player we thought he would when he scored that wonder goal in Nuremburg... but, then again, he had a career-threatening injury from that thug Nolan that kept him out for a year as well.

Supporters support.
Micheal Lynch
23   Posted 04/05/2011 at 19:14:47

I certainly think Anichebe is poor. However, I thought he did well against United and certainly in time I think he will improve. What I dislike is he gets far more abuse than his years deserve. As far as I'm concerned, Arteta has been equally poor this season and as for Rodwell ? how come he gets off scot free? He's totally over-hyped. Easy on Big Vic, me thinks.
John Daley
24   Posted 04/05/2011 at 18:26:18

Dave Wilson,

I don't think anyone is trying to suggest that Anichebe being piss-poor is the reason Everton have struggled so badly at times this season. However, he IS a prime example of the poor managerial decisions made by David Moyes this season.

Whenever Victor approaches full fitness following one of his frequent injury lay-offs, he is, more often than not, immediately reinstated to the starting line-up despite contributing absolutely fuck all to justify such continued faith from his manager. Moyes appears willing to drop Beckford at the drop of a hat and is not adverse to publicly criticising the guy for the slightest hint of 'laziness' or for missing chances. He also ran out of patience with both Yakubu and Vaughan a long time ago, yet chooses to persist with Anichebe, who is easily the least effective of the three.

It baffles me what the coaching staff actually see in him, apart from his physique. If they were wanting to use him as a battering ram, or a target man, then fair enough, but they should've been toughening him up and teaching him how to use his size and strength effectively on the field a long time ago. Instead, they fannied around trying to convert him into a winger, with the speed and mobility of Stephen Hawkings and the crossing ability of Count fucking Duckula.
Jeremy Benson
25   Posted 04/05/2011 at 19:08:29

Re:18,

It'd be a shame Sean, because he didn't cost us anything and he's hit the onion net 9 times this season (his first season in the prem).

Which is more than anichebe has done. He hasn't scored in any competition, has he?

Anyway, personally I think beckford is a useful striker to have on the books, even if its just as a squad striker.

In fact, beckford has scored more this season than theo wallcott,ashley young, agbonlahor, daniel sturridge, nicholas anelka, david silva, balotelli, peter crouch, ameobi, robbie keane, and countless others

He's scored the same league goals as darren bent.

Bit harsh on beckford, me thinks.
Dean Adams
26   Posted 04/05/2011 at 19:21:25

Karl Masters

I wondered which person would answer the question.
I remember when Kevin Phillips first became a proffessional player and he turned out to be quite a good player considering his background, but it seems some of our very small minded fans have no idea whatsoever and so they come out with ludicrous statements and ridiculous slurrs on other fans.

Michael, you really do need to look at this abuse that Karl has put forward and mention your own rules to him. Will you?

Editor's Note: Sorry I'm a bit late working through these posts; I felt the same way as you and almost pressed "Delete"... but that would spoil the thread.

Karl instead gets a yellow card for insulting his fellow Blues by cleverly twisting your words. Karl should remember that the players are with the club for a few years at best... and get paid an absolute fortune for the privilege: It's their job, their duty to perform. We, however, do not chose ? we are chosen... and we're here for life. Shame on you, Karl. ? Michael

Dean Adams
27   Posted 04/05/2011 at 19:45:44

With no disrespect to anyone they aren't good enough for any other Prem, club so why should we have to put up with them???

Funny that one, Karl, so does that mean that Cahill, Arteta, Coleman, Rodwell, Jonny H and Pienaar who, none of which had ever played Premier League football before coming to us, are not good enough either, or are you so lacking in football knowledge that you just sit behind your keyboard and slag off other toffee fans without prejudice?

To me that is far worse than sexism or racism, as you are slating fellow supporters. For me I feel you have shown what kind of fan you are.

Pat Finegan
28   Posted 04/05/2011 at 20:00:14

Anichebe has as many goals in this campaign as Tony Hibbert.

I don't think Round or Moyes actually believes that Anichebe is good but remember right before Fellaini came good? Moyes said he believed that Fellaini was arguably the best midfielder in the Premier League. At that time, he was clearly shite but it did loads for his confidence.

Anichebe has all the tools to be the best centre back in the world. He just doesn't look like a striker. If we threw Distin up front, I would expect him to be on about the same level as Anichebe.

But none of us thought Fellaini would come good either. For that reason, even though he has been awful, I'm willing to give it a little more time before I write him off as a failure.
Dave Wilson
29   Posted 04/05/2011 at 20:03:57

John #23

Does it not strike you as a tad... "unusual" that some people want to criticise this guy to such a degree? Why his name crops up in so many conversations / threads ? even totally unrelated ones? The rhetoric they use when they talk about him? That they would talk about "hating" him? That they would see things he did... that didn't happen? That they would continually come forward with stats claiming he has been played as a striker, when they know he has played on the wing? That they will hammer him during and after games he didn't even play in... or before games that haven't yet been played?

You say people are not suggesting his performances are the main reason Everton have struggled this season. Well, despite how seldom we lose when he starts for us ? what is it, 5-6 times in 3 seasons? ? I would say there is more blame to him than all the other players put together.

I think it's off its head... seems I`m in a tiny minority though.

Tim Kells
30   Posted 04/05/2011 at 21:00:30

Re: Don, #9, well said. For me, the big lump doesn't try or appear to care. He's a very poor Heskey and it would be best all round if he found some other club to mug off. I just hope that getting him to sign that new contract was the intention so that we get a fee. Yes, give him encouragement but the lad needs to help himself and start doing the business on the pitch and talk after the game ? not before it.
Alex Buckley
31   Posted 04/05/2011 at 20:36:07

Trev ? Saha is injured and I doubt will play again this season.

The only time I've seen Vic play well has been on the wing, He can't hold the ball up so makes a partnership with Beckford pointless.

Gueye has always been a striker but looks like he too would struggle holding the ball up. Currently only Vellios, from the limited time I've seen him play, looks like the type of player that Beckford could benefit playing off.
Peter Fearon
32   Posted 04/05/2011 at 21:15:34

I would say the jury is still out on Beckford. I see him as an opportunist, which is no bad thing, but he needs another kind of striker at his side, someone who is more creative. In theory, Louis Saha should work well with him, but how often have we had the chance to see that?

Anichebe isn't even worth talking about.

I listened to Yakubu's meandering, mumbling, impenetrable drivel on the BBC. His 33 goals in 107 appearances over four seasons flatters him. He is a lazy bastard ? so fine me! Leicester can have him, but they should be made to pay way more than he's worth, like we did.

Dave Wilson
33   Posted 04/05/2011 at 21:33:17

Alex I`m glad your back on.

Can I ask what it was he said that bothered you?
Alan Clarke
34   Posted 04/05/2011 at 21:36:49

Moyes must be making the point to the board that, if they don't bother funding a new striker this summer, this is the shite we'll be left with.

Quite how Yak, Vaughan and Agard have all been loaned out ahead of Anichebe is beyond me. Anichebe must be in on the same secret that Hibbert's in on and they both have Moyes over a barrel with it.
Vijay Badhan
35   Posted 04/05/2011 at 21:50:36

I can't believe he is still been given a chance to prove what we already know ? that he is SHIT. What an absolute joke of a player, always rolling around on the floor when he is built like a brick shithouse and should be remaining upright and terrorising defences.

Never liked the player as he is Championship level at best and we should be flogging him instead of Vaughan and the Yak. His attitude stinks too!!!

John Daley
36   Posted 04/05/2011 at 21:43:24

Dave (#30),

I think Anichebe rubbed a lot of fans up the wrong way when he turned down (or was reported to have turned down) the new contract offered to him earlier this season. Prior to that, I think he was generally regarded as not being good enough but he wasn't actually disliked or 'hated'. The fact that he was portrayed as having turned his nose up, at what amounted to a very decent wage for a player of his limited ability, has undoubtedly contributed to the level of animosity aimed towards the lad of late.

As for the whole 'hatred' issue? I agree it's taking things a bit too far to claim to genuinely hate any footballer. Unless that footballer happens to be Jamie Carragher that is.
Ciarán McGlone
37   Posted 04/05/2011 at 22:02:21

If you combined the best attributes of Beckford and Anichebe, you'd still only have an average player.
Karl Masters
38   Posted 04/05/2011 at 22:10:33

So sorry, Dean ? had a mad moment there and inserted your name instead of Sean McCarthy! I actually agree with you.

Oh well, been a long day. Tired of reading fans whingeing about players. It used to be Ossie and Hibbert who were whipping boys, now it's Vic and Vaughan who get all the stick and both have hardly played all season!

Once again, apologies aplenty to you Dean.
Dean Adams
39   Posted 04/05/2011 at 22:38:49

Karl Masters

Accepted, It takes a good man to hold his hand up.
Dave Wilson
40   Posted 04/05/2011 at 22:10:19

John

I think you're right... but the report has subsequently proved to be garbage ? he signed a few days later for half of what was claimed.

Some fans will not let go, it's as some feel the need to just keep battering away... Is that what usually happens to players who are merely deemed not good enough?

Take this thread for instance, the whole thing is based on something he didn't even say... but hey.

If Victor Anichebe plays on Saturday, I will miss my first home game since I can remember. I don't think I can sit and listen to a repeat of the abuse I heard at Wigan directed at our own player. That's not what going to the match is about for me.

I know a lot of people ? including the editor of this site ? see this as fair critical analysis. Those who were at Wigan know it's gone way beyond that and if TW is a good gauge ? and I believe it is ? things will be even worse on Saturday.

Dick Fearon
41   Posted 04/05/2011 at 22:50:04

John D #24, Finally, someone is getting close to the crux of the problem. You say you are baffled why Moyes picks Anichebe. So am I... but, let's face it, that is not the lad's fault. Victor is what he is and I am sure, with what little skill he has, he tries as hard as he can.

My criticsm is directed toward Moyes and his coaching panel. For at least 10 years, the lad has been under their wing and they should hang their heads in shame for having so miserably failed to make anything of him.

By the same token, if Jack and Seamus are exposed for much longer to this same bunch of Moyes clones, we have most likely already seen the best of them.

Gavin Ramejkis
42   Posted 04/05/2011 at 23:38:39

Good point raised Dick, it is the same about criticism of Osman on the wing when he isn't a winger ? after all, he too didn't choose the squad or formation when he was stuck there. If Moyes and Round want to turn Anichebe into some kind of poor man's Heskey, then why don't they realise he acted as the battering ram for Cottee to score a shedload? Using Anichebe as a battering ram for thin air is pointless.

Moyes and Round need to take a closer look at his ground-thumping antics and whingeing and cut that crap out of his game too. I don't rate Anichebe and can't see the point of playing him unless it would be to the benefit of a waiting strike partner. He won more in the air against Man U than Beckford but that isn't Beckford's strength or game; it goes back to square pegs in round holes through stubborn reliance on a single game plan.
Alan Clarke
43   Posted 05/05/2011 at 00:35:57

Dave you might still be able to see into Goodison on Saturday, sat way up on your high horse
Jamie Sweet
44   Posted 05/05/2011 at 01:48:35

I can guarantee that if every man in Goodison cheered Vic on Saturday..... he'd still be shit.
Alex Buckley
45   Posted 05/05/2011 at 01:07:37

Dave.

Don't get me wrong he's a local lad & would back him to the hilt if he added anything to the team (as a striker).

He?s totally out of his depth as a front man and yes maybe he does get too much stick but I think that?s come from his own attitude (would he run through a brick wall for the cause?); he's a big lad that goes down far too easy, doesn't hold the ball up, can't score, and has no natural ability or creativity.

For Round to come out with these statements is farcical and doesn?t reflect the thoughts of any Evertonian I know.

I think he?s put in some good shifts on the wing but as a striker I?d put a centre-half in ahead of him if he could hold the ball up.
Ernie Baywood
46   Posted 05/05/2011 at 03:41:11

"Would he run through a brick wall for the cause?"

He'd amble up to it, tap it slightly, and then roll around in pain for 20 minutes.

I'm all for giving young players a chance. If Coleman were absolute horseshit, I'd still avoid criticising him too much ? because he works his socks off.

Anichebe is just a waste of a starting place. I can't see the benefit of playing him now the season's finished. Give someone else (who is the next young striker on the way?) a great experience over the last few weeks instead.
Dave Wilson
47   Posted 05/05/2011 at 08:02:42

Alan Clarke.

Either you don't have the intelligence to realise the entire thread is based on something Anichebe didn't even say, or you do, but you still see it as another opportunity to slag one of our own players off BEFORE the game has even started.

Either way, you can rest assured that I wont feel the need to get on a high horse in order to put as much distance as possible between myself and supporters like you.

Suddenly I`m looking forward to next season.
Richard Parker
48   Posted 05/05/2011 at 09:00:26

Dick #41 ? are you really sure that Vic tries hard??? I think that's exactly the problem ? he has very little apparent skill and looks less interested than the Yak on horse tranquilisers.

If he looked like he gave two shits about being on the pitch, I'm sure that people would ease up on him.

And that for me is why Vic deserves what he's getting on here. I'll never slag off Hibbo or Ossie ? they give a shit and they show it. And they actually look like footballers, instead of shinning the ball to the nearest defender and then falling over and looking angry.

The boy needs a rocket up the arse.
John Audsley
49   Posted 05/05/2011 at 12:35:33

He will get a lot of stick on Saturday, if his effort and workrate is its usual self.

Hopefully he will perform to a new level and we will all be chanting his name...

HOWEVER methinks a bloke who plays at left centre back for the opposition will be getting A HELL OF A LOT MORE stick than the Big Vic.

Just a thought......
James Hollister
50   Posted 05/05/2011 at 12:29:37

Dave Wilson ? One day you will firmly grasp simple stuff like he is shite, and we'll keep saying it until we have got rid of the fraudster.

He goes on to the OS babbling and gushing absolute shite about how he is going to do this or that and the dipstick can't even play football... funny how he gets into the first team ? ah, that's right, it's the manager who chooses shite like this in the first place!

Dick Anderson ? You have to bear in mind that Anichebe doesn't have anything to his entire name: he can't play, doesn't have the first clue where the goal posts are... and enjoys spending most of his time on his arse or making a complete cock of himself.

If I was a pro footballer and I was as bad as he was, I'd be too embarrassed to even show my face. He is a young petulant guy who seems to have fooled an easily fooled manager... that he is supposed to be a professional footballer. Funny thing is, he wouldn't get in to our pub team!

As for Beckford, I'd not get rid of the lad too soon. Get Becks a new strike partner in the summer, and another winger, I think he'd thrive... Give the lad a break it's his first season in the prem ? he is almost in double figures ? which is more than can be said for the goal-shy Anichebe.

James Hollister
51   Posted 05/05/2011 at 12:41:03

Dave Wilson - Proven garbage by proven liars at the club perhaps?
Tom Rowe
52   Posted 05/05/2011 at 13:49:19

For all of his rolling around he should have got us a pen a Man Utd. In anyone else's box it was nailed on.

If you look at his performances, yes he falls over too much, but you can see he causes trouble for defenders who are constantly pulling him down and sticking a leg out. Granted a more nimble lad would stay on his feet, and be in on goal. But, let's face it, he isn't ever going to be nimble.

Give the lad a break, he's still learning his game. And, regardless of his performances, when he smashes one in you will all be up off your feet shouting!

In my view, the fans who slate him are as fickle as the players themselves.
Dave Wilson
53   Posted 05/05/2011 at 13:20:54

James Hollister

One day you may grasp the abject stupidity of trying to hound a player out of a club.

It works like this lad; you think he`s shite, so you hound away...

He looks at his wage slip, sees he earns more in a season than you will earn in a lifetime, he then hears you abusing him and thinks "Fuck you, do you really think I`ll be breaking sweat for you?"

You hound him some more...

He laughs like a drain.

You work hard all week and then pay your hard earned to go and hound him still further ? it's much more rewarding than getting behind the team.

He puts even less effort in for you.

You race home and tell everyone on TW you are DEFINITELY going to hound him out now.

He counts his money ? it`ll take him a while.

Next week, you're really angry, you tell him AGAIN you are going to hound him out.

He thinks "good luck with that one, ole Shandy was right"...

Meanwhile, Everton get no return for their wages ? worse still, they can't sell him because every other club can see, he doesn't work at his game

You tear your hair out and shout "Life's so unfair!"

He hasn't finished counting yet.

The pennny finally drops... you can't win.

You realise Everton are stuck with a player who feels absolutely no loyalty towards the people who have spent years abusing him... and you blame somebody else.

Stick with the plan, James lad, it's working a treat so far ? he`s just signed a new contract AND he`s playing on Saturday.

Oh and thanks for explaining it to me ? I honestly didn't notice he wasn't playing very well.
Lee Courtliff
54   Posted 05/05/2011 at 14:09:09

Dave Wilson *53 - Quite funny that mate.

I said before and i will say again that the only reason he gets so much stick is because of his attitude!!

If Victor put in as much OBVIOUS effort as,say Coleman, then he wouldn't get half as much abuse.

I don't like him because I find his petulant, cry baby antics fucking annoying. He's built like a heavyweight boxer and goes down quicker than a cheap hooker!

That is surely a sign of a lack of commitment!!

The fact that he has no real footballing ability is besides the point. That is NOT the reason he is so disliked!
Sean McCarthy
55   Posted 06/05/2011 at 01:03:25

Dean at #27..... your argument lost me!!

Whilst you're right that none of the players you mentioned had played in the Prem before playing for Everton, I think it's pretty clear that they have all shown that they are good enough for that league. Beckford and Anichebe have both shown many times that neither are anywhere near good enough for the Prem and I honestly don't believe a single other Prem club would be remotely interested in signing either of them.

I'm not hounding them or slagging them. I'm merely stating my opinion. If you have a different opinion, that's fine with me. Just get your high horse off my grass!!!

Karl Meighan
56   Posted 06/05/2011 at 12:21:47

If Moyes isn't going to play Beckford alone upfront against City, rather than use Anichebe, I would give Cahill the job: he may not be a striker but he will cause defenders more trouble in one game than Anichebe would in a season.