Supporter Groups ? for or against?

Have just walked past someone today that was wearing an Evertonians for Change scarf. Although i was aware of this group, i was unaware that they had produced scarfs in support of theIr campaign.

Now, being an Evertonian and having a love for all things Everton, I would like to get hold of one. I am a great believer in the smallest things can make a difference... ask my wife!

Having not got involved in any fan groups or organisations, I was also wondering if this scarf idea had done the rounds at Goodison in the past ? as I believe it would be amazing to see large numbers supporting a particular group.

I noticed on Evertonians for Change facebook page, that they are having a function tomorrow night to raise funds for there campaign; are there other groups doing this? And, if so, where and how can I become part of it?

Chris Keightley, Harwich     Posted 05/05/2011 at 12:17:40

Comments

Eric Myles
1   Posted 05/05/2011 at 15:07:08

Dave Martin
2   Posted 05/05/2011 at 15:09:08

The scarf idea has not been used by Evertonians that we are aware of. Scarfs available using the sites contact form www.evertoniansforchange.com/contact-us

EvertoniansforChange are working with KEIOC, EvertoniansforAction and a number of forums on important issues that we agree on.
Andy Codling
3   Posted 05/05/2011 at 15:50:50

I'm all for doing something to let Billy Liar know that I'm sick of him, but I couldn't imagine myself wearing a scarf at the game ? I wouldn't want us to look like the circus over the park.
Tony J Williams
4   Posted 05/05/2011 at 16:13:03

And plus Andy, it's fecking roasting out now.
Alan Clarke
5   Posted 05/05/2011 at 16:10:19

We need to get this monkey off our back about "looking like them across the park". It's a shit excuse for us never bloody doing anything. None of us are happy with the way the club is run.

How about a protest? No, we might look like Liverpool fans.

What about a sit in after the game? No, we might look like Liverpool fans.

What about some harmless scarfs that at least registers some annoyance towards the board? No, we might look like Liverpool fans.

What about every single season ticket holder and any other Everton fan writing to Elstone to say why we're not happy? No, we might look like Liverpool fans.

How about having a spokesperson who regulalry gets heard in the media about why our board are so shit? No, we might look like Liverpool fans.

Why don't we all just do fuck all and moan on internet forums and to our mates in the pub? YES, now you're talking, that's the Everton Way!
Tony J Williams
6   Posted 05/05/2011 at 16:35:34

Protest, the guaranteed way to increase the club's bank balance... How could we have been so blind?
Alan Clarke
7   Posted 05/05/2011 at 16:38:03

Whose plight is worse at the moment though, Tony? Liverpool or Everton?

Whose plight was worse? Liverpool or Everton.?

Liverpool fans protested and their board changed. They're looking at buying players this summer whilst we're looking at selling ours.

Yeah don't bother with a protest, it gets you nowhere. It's much more fun on here, Tony, responding to every single post over and over offering up shit opinions.
Chris Keightley
8   Posted 05/05/2011 at 16:34:55

Unfortunately, we will never make it a big deal until it's all to late, that's our way.

If we took the missus out for a lovely slap-up meal and paid £150 (that's what it costs for me to go and watch a game at Goodison) and the meal was shocking, we would complain right away. Why does it take 38 games for us to realise things are getting us down?

There will be no protest at the end of the season, ticket sales are not down, and we will all turn up for more next season. I would go if we were in League Two ? Everton is more than the here and now... it's for life!!!

Charlie Dixon
9   Posted 05/05/2011 at 16:45:41

What good will a protest do?

The media will laugh it off as will 2/3rds of our own fans.

I don't see the fans of Sheff Utd revolting in disgust, let alone us lot, especially after another top 8 finish.
Tony J Williams
10   Posted 05/05/2011 at 16:54:01

"Liverpool fans protested and their board changed." ? Had nothing whatsoever to do with a protest. The Bank was about to declare them bankrupt and the club was sold after a bitter court case. Nothing at all to do with the gormless plebs outside with their scarves and pictures of King Kenny.
Tony J Williams
11   Posted 05/05/2011 at 16:56:32

"It's much more fun on here, Tony, responding to every single post over and over, offering up shit opinions. "

Isn't that what you're doing? Show me the way to get more money in the bank, show me the way to get a world class manager, and show me a way to get world class players to sign ? and I will wear any kind of twatty scarf you offer me.
Chris Keightley
12   Posted 05/05/2011 at 16:57:45

Tony you obviously pay your hard earned cash to watch Everton as do I, when I can. I live 300-plus miles away unfortunately.

If it makes me feel better about the ongoings, on and off the field, by showing my disappointment at another lousy season, by wearing a scarf, tie pin, badge, etc, then I will because that's my right. Please don't stoop as low as to say it could compare me with gormless redshite fans.

Tony J Williams
13   Posted 05/05/2011 at 17:09:31

I am not comparing the scarf wearers to those bellends across the park, that was someone else.

I just don't see how me or you buying a scarf that ridicules our club can do any good. Do you honestly think Kenwright will see the yellow and blue scarfs and think, "I best pack up and get out, this is getting serious!"

The only thing this will do is fill the pockets of the scarf makers.
Chris Keightley
14   Posted 05/05/2011 at 17:13:00

Tony, you make a fair point... however, imagine 10,000 wearing that scarf in the ground: that would create a media frenzy unheard of before, it would get the press talking, and eventually Moyes or Kenwright would have to make a statement regarding it.

You saw the media's response surrounding that one large flag at Villa. Okay, it simmered out eventually but it certainly got the pundits and papers discussing it. I don't honestly believe protesting will make a jot of difference financially or will get Moyes or Kenwright to go, "Fuck this, we are off."

But it may just remind them that us supporters are here and we expect more!

Andy Crooks
15   Posted 05/05/2011 at 17:19:01

Tony J, spot on. The United protest scarf was a waste of time .
Peter Laing
16   Posted 05/05/2011 at 17:04:55

Tony ? cast your mind back 25 years to the halycon days of Everton having money in the bank, having a world-class manager and being actually able to sign world class player's, eg, Gary Lineker.

Judging by your previous comments, I'd say that yes, all of this happened in your lifetime and mine too. What Alan is saying is that Liverpool have just been through the most tumultuous period in its recent history and were by all accounts only hours away from receivership. It may have been the prospect of foreclosure and the banks closing in that forced regime change; however, their fans also mobilised and ensured that Gillette and Hicks know that they were unfit custodians of the Club.

If you take off your rose-tinted spectacles, you will see that, without an AGM or any other voice to demonstrate discontent, such thing's as twatty scarfs, however unoriginal that they may appear, are a way of demonstrating collective unity. To denigrate the effort of fellow blues in my opinion is both a little disingenuous and high-handed.

Tony J Williams
17   Posted 05/05/2011 at 17:25:22

I get the unity idea (the manufacturers are counting upon it) but once again the protesters had nothing at all to do with Hicks and Gillette going. They didn't want to let go of the club, the banks forced it out of their hands. Otherwise, there wouldn't have been a court case.

I don't suggest I know the answer to what is going so wrong at our club and how to fix it; I honestly wish I did... but I do know wearing scarves isn't it.
Brian Lawlor
18   Posted 05/05/2011 at 19:23:24

Hi Chris,

You can get buy a scarf at www.thescarvesareawankidea.com

Good luck!

Brian
Dave Martin
19   Posted 05/05/2011 at 19:44:51

The scarves are just part of a larger campaign remember, whether they are effective will only be apparent over time. If you don't like them, that is fair enough... but it is only a small part of what we are trying to do.
Dave Martin
20   Posted 05/05/2011 at 19:49:17

I think the fact Chris noticed the scarf, walking past someone, and was previously unaware of it, is a decent sign it could make an impact amongst supporters and the media though.
Brian Lawlor
21   Posted 05/05/2011 at 19:51:08

I don't know what I'm more shocked at, the fact that someone was wearing the scarf or the fact Chris bumped in to another Evertonian in Harwich!

Hmmmmm..
Joe McMahon
22   Posted 05/05/2011 at 19:56:59

I bet you're glad you posted now aren't ya Chris........welcome to Toffeeweb.
Graham Duffy
23   Posted 05/05/2011 at 21:01:23

Do you think Kenwright reads ToffeeWeb? No. Does he know how fucked off we all are about what is happening at our club? He doesn't care.

If wearing a scarf to show the club is going backwards and that we desperately need change makes people feel good about it then good on ya!

It might not make him go but it's better than doing nothing and just moaning on forums.

Andy Crooks
24   Posted 05/05/2011 at 23:10:39

Graham, I actually think Kenwright might like the scarf idea. Rather than being a fan chairman, he will be a pressurised fan chairman ? A martyred luvvy.
James Martin
25   Posted 05/05/2011 at 23:27:49

Why does everyone think that the Liverpool fans' protests had any effect on the owners selling up? They put the club on the market because they were running out of money and sniffed the chance of making a quick buck. They were swindled out of the price they wanted by some other Americans who only bought it because it was on the cheap.

The Man Utd protests have done nothing because the Glazers are still making money and Man Utd are still winning. If Kenwright hasn't found a buyer by now, then a protest isn't going to make him give it up to the first buyer he sees.

Eric Myles
26   Posted 06/05/2011 at 02:20:26

Tony J #11,

The way to get more money in the bank, get a world class manager, and to get world class players to sign, is to get rid of Kenwright and the current board.

KENWRIGHT OUT!!!
Eric Myles
27   Posted 06/05/2011 at 02:25:36

Graham #24, SOMEONE from the Club reads the fan websites and reports back, so the more discontent shown about Kenwright and the board the better.

KENWRIGHT OUT.
Ciaran Duff
28   Posted 06/05/2011 at 07:02:05

Eric (26)

Do you seriously think that "Kenwright Out" will solve our problems? That investors will come flooding through the door, a new stadium will magically appear and top players will want to sign.
The problem is that for whatever reason, nobody is willing to come and throw wads of cash at us - Go and ask Keith Harris how his search is going.
Making Kenwright (for all his faults) the scapegoat is just self delusion.
Eugene Ruane
29   Posted 06/05/2011 at 08:36:38

I have seen nobody post that wearing a scarf will 'get rid of Kenwright'.

The point is, it is a gesture and one I'm prepared to invest a tenner (or whatever) in (nb: and I don't give a fuck who gets the money).

The alternative (ie: moan to each other on here) certainly hasn't had much effect.
Tony J Williams
30   Posted 06/05/2011 at 09:03:39

Eugene, I bet you would give a fuck if it was a Koppite playing on our collective frustration/hatred of Kenwrong and pocketing our hard earned....well.... earned....well... our money.
Dave Lynch
31   Posted 06/05/2011 at 09:08:11

Wearing a scarf may get rid of Kenwright.

Tie it round his neck and keep pulling..
Gavin Ramejkis
32   Posted 06/05/2011 at 08:58:00

Ciaran #28, so on your reckoning the 11 years and counting BK has been Chairman and the club's debt has risen to record levels, not a penny invested beyond shares into the club by BK or his major shareholders, two failed ground moves, a litany of lies, 24/7 search for investment when other teams have been bought and sold multiple times and the recent alleged commissioning of Keith Harris (not for 11 years) to seek investment or buyers (again down to the direction the wind is blowing and Bullshit Billy's choice of word for the day), is all a dream and self delusion?

Mushrooms bad, reality good.
Chris Keightley
33   Posted 06/05/2011 at 09:09:02

Brian # 21 ? I'm shocked to think that your stupid enough to think I was walking past someone in Harwich ? enough said! I was in Formby if you need to know the precise whereabouts! I think anything that can make a visual difference, and show your discontent at this season's below par performance on and off the pitch, should be applauded ? not ridiculed!
Eric Myles
34   Posted 06/05/2011 at 09:47:33

Ciaran #29, the reason nobody is willing to throw wads of cash at us is that 'investors' want more than a handshake from Kenwright as security against any moneythey put in and they cannot buy a controlling interest seeing as we're not for sale.
Eugene Ruane
35   Posted 06/05/2011 at 09:21:46

Tony (30), you couldn't be more wrong.

I wouldn't give a fuck if King Kenny's missus was Knocking the scarves out on a Chad-Valley knit-o-marvel.

The fact is, If you look for a reason (excuse?) NOT to do something (ie: kopites might be making our Kenwright protest scarves'), you will ALWAYS find one (nb: as one of Britain's top lazy-arses, I speak from vast experience on finding excuses NOT to do stuff)

You seem obsessed by where the money is going, I genuinely don't give a shite. (Well ok, I WOULD give a shite if it was going to the BNP or Gaddafi but..well, it's not likely is it.)

I'm happy to spend a few quid making what I understand is a small gesture to register my feelings and...that's it.

(nb: I DO know it's nothing more than that, but it IS something as opposed to nothing).

You can make a guess that wearing these scarves will have absolutely no effect whatsoever and you'll PROBABLY be right.

But when I say bitching amongst each on TW has achieved nothing, I'm DEFINITELY right.

There IS a difference.

By the way, you know all those fellers who flog stuff around the ground ? ever wondered where THAT money goes?

Me neither.
Andy Codling
36   Posted 06/05/2011 at 10:42:15

I've made my protest at the current board by choosing not to renew my season ticket; tickets are down 8-9% on last year. The club phoned and texted me to ask my reasons for not renewing and I told them I will not be renewing until our current board and chairman are gone.
Mike Gwyer
37   Posted 06/05/2011 at 10:59:32

Keep wearing those anti-BK scarves as that will definitely piss off BK. No, not because he gives a flying fuck how the fan base feel; it will piss him off because he, or his business machine, did not think of selling those anti-BK scarves in the first place ? there's a good few bob gone to some other twat.

BK does not care about you, me or any other blue; he has skin as thick as a rhino and he lies so much he actually believes the shit he speaks. I mean look at our new away kit ? he's already taking the piss himself by adopting the yellow colour as part of the Everton's approach to next season, and we pay for it.

At home games, BK has more stewards around him than the Queen would have, who do you think puts all that in place? It ain't Moyes that's for sure. Rest assured EFC know how we feel about BK, and they are more than happy that we show our negativity by wearing anti-BK scarves on match day!
Jay Harris
38   Posted 06/05/2011 at 14:04:01

The problem is if you think and act like a small club you will be a small club.

That is why this board and particularly Kenwright MUST GO.

Any way at all of assisting this process is applauded by me.

The current custodians have it far too easy with no pressure from the banks, no pressure from supporters,an unexplained unallocated 21 million operating expenses a year, and a media cultivated by our "small" status chairman..

The terms of the current sale make it extremely unlikely that a sale or investment will take place and for me that is unacceptable.

KENWRIGHT OUT.
Dave Wilson
39   Posted 06/05/2011 at 13:58:07

Dave Martin #2

I meant to ask last week on another thread.
You seem to be in volved so hopefully you can enlighten me.

I dont understand why there has to be so many factions - EFA, KEIOC and EFC - do you guys have any fundamental differences ? if not why not all get under the same banner ?

I`m interested in following this but it entails jumping from site to site.

Would one body/action group not mean larger numbers, better coordination and easier comunication
Eugene Ruane
40   Posted 06/05/2011 at 14:54:33

Charlie Dixon (9) you ask..

"What good will a protest do?"

Charlie Dixon
41   Posted 06/05/2011 at 15:21:09

Sorry mate i stopped reading when i saw lifelong red....

I think the banks pushed those couple of twats out anyway.
David Holroyd
42   Posted 06/05/2011 at 15:50:52

Season ticket sales how are they doing up or down ?
Tony J Williams
43   Posted 06/05/2011 at 16:33:26

Eugene, didn't know that those fans were part of the bench in Court or managing the banks that were to call in the debt to make them bankrupt.

Brian Lawlor
44   Posted 06/05/2011 at 17:24:27

Also, it was the Echo that coined the phrase, "fan power".

Utter bollocks!
Eugene Ruane
45   Posted 06/05/2011 at 19:15:57

Tony (45) - no they WEREN'T part of the bench in court OR managing the banks.

Ste Traverse
46   Posted 06/05/2011 at 21:04:23

I'm as pissed off as anyone with this excuse for a "Chairman" and his Yes-men on the board so I have already acquired a scarf. Kenwright has been the worst thing that's ever happened to this club. His only achievement has been to pull the wool over the eyes of some of our more gullible fans.

KENWRIGHT OUT.
Simon Harris
47   Posted 06/05/2011 at 21:28:33

A protest of any description, even the silly scarf, can only be a positive in waking fellow blues from their apathetic slumber.

If nothing else, it would incite debate (outside of web forums) and hopefully encourage the press to start asking Kenwright some difficult questions, and dispell the myth, outside of Merseyside, that we all love Blue Bill.

And, who knows, it may snowball and unite Evertonians in the same way Eugene references the Redshite protests did.

To do nothing, is insane.

KENWRIGHT OUT!
Gareth Humphreys
48   Posted 06/05/2011 at 22:43:46

Eugene Ruane - you ask "So are you saying (after reading the ENTIRE piece) the fans protests had ABSOLUTELY no effect on ANYTHING AT ALL?". Well that article is typical LFC saviours of the universe, defenders of freedom type horseshit.

Are you honestly saying that you think a few thousand emails to a US-based company with a few offices in London would prevent them from completing a multi-million-pound bailout if they thought there was a bucket load of money it for them? My view is that this is the start of another piece of history being rewritten by that shower that will be lapped up by those gullible enough to beleive it. Please tell me you're not one of them.

The last paragraph of this article tells you all you need to know ? and I quote " They did not ultimately evict the Americans from Anfield, the Royal Bank Of Scotland did, by taking them to court. But those fans made it increasingly difficult for the bank not to carry out the eviction."

How the fuck did the fans have a say in it? RBS wanted their money back and that's what they got. (Well nearly ? whisper it but LFC are still in debt to the RBS for about £35m... but why let facts get in the way of a nice pretty story, hey?)

Anyway, I'm all for protests to at least show the original Mr Leveraged Buyout that we aren't happy with him. I'm not sure it will do much good though.

Chad Schofield
49   Posted 06/05/2011 at 23:31:10

Hasn't really been enough "careful what you wish for" yet. Tony?
Eugene Ruane
50   Posted 07/05/2011 at 17:04:22

Gareth Humphreys (48) let me first say there is little about Liverpool Football Club (teams, supporters and managers) that does not annoy the shite out of me (nb: and this has been the way with me since I was about six).

But here is what I believe to be factual.

When their supporters saw their club was being run by self-serving shit-bags, they got organized and tried to change things.

Who deserves the credit for the fact that things DID change?

No idea (but I personally believe supporters made SOME difference).

By coincidence, we have a self-serving shitbag in charge of our club.

Basically our choices are do something or do nothing.

It really is 'our move' and if buying a scarf let's people know I'm against the regime, that's what I'll do.

(hardly the Miner's strike I know, but as I've said a couple of times now, it's something as opposed to nothing)

Gareth Humphreys
51   Posted 07/05/2011 at 18:05:09

Eugene, I am with you 100% on pretty much everything you say, I just don't think they had the slightest influence on the club being sold. It is my belief that this was 100% down to the RBS.
James Hollister
52   Posted 07/05/2011 at 18:42:37

Don't worry, eventually when we are relegated because we can't compete with the teams coming up, and Billy Bullshit is still stringing out the excuses, we'll all regret it.

I am only concerned with EFC, it's safety and well being ? not some petty-minded fuckwittery about being like a set of RS fans.

Fans need to get their priorities right and go for the jugular of the board, not harp on about irrelevant shite.

Who knows, if enough support bothered, how far it might take us... One thing we do know is that this board can no longer remain in control ? otherwise, it's a ticking bomb to oblivion. Let's get our priorities right.