Kenwright Out

As a regular reader of Toffeeweb I have read most of the discussions on Bill "Bullshit" Kenwright. I'm devastated at the way the club is being run; I've joined the Evertonians for Change facebook page... god knows what that will do, but it made me feel a bit better at the time.

Mass demonstrations only seem to be ridiculed as, by participating, you will tarnished for being a kopite, so what to do? Now when scouring through the social network site that is Facebook, I found Billy Bullshit has his own page... and ? seeing as though I'd had a few bevies ? I told him exactly what I thought of him & his attempt at destroying this great club through a message... made me feel a lot better.

What a belter of a way to get your message across & not be insulted by being labelled a Kopite! Imagine if everyone messaged him, at least your point would've been made.
Gary Lawler, Brisbane Australia     Posted 07/05/2011 at 01:03:48

Comments

David Mathieson
1   Posted 07/05/2011 at 14:37:09

Why oh why did Anichebe start today? ? Moyes out; not Kenwright's fault our two top scorers are on the bench today: Cahill & Beckford. When will Moyes learn goals win games?
Eric Myles
2   Posted 07/05/2011 at 17:01:57

KENWRIGHT OUT

I'd join Facebook just to tell that barsteward what I think of him.
Iain Fenwick
3   Posted 07/05/2011 at 17:46:22

We are within touching distance of the big 6(?) after one of our "worst" seasons in recent years ? and this after watching hundreds of millions of pounds being spent by those above us!!

A friend of mine who is a Boro supporter actually reckons Kenwright is doing it right. Being honest about the finances and refusing to allow the club to get into debt based on the hope of future success may keep us in business. The likes of Hull, Sunderland, West Ham, Portsmouth etc have spent big and now look at them!!

Yes, it is hard to stomach as a fan but maybe we need to be a bit more realistic. Unless we do get a benefactor who is ok with losing millions every year because they like owning a football club, then maybe this is as good as it gets for us. Will that ever happen?

Doubtful, as we have too many restrictions with Goodison and a local council who favour Liverpool (which isn't surprising as they generate far more money for the city). Anyway, let's just enjoy today and not get too excited about where we could be!

James Hollister
4   Posted 07/05/2011 at 18:35:49

Iain Fenwick ? How exactly is it 'utter lunacy' to want an incompetent manager out?

Ah right another mediocrity will do fan.

Taking nothing away from today's win, but quite what the fuck that has to do with Moyes is beyond me.

Did either Beckford or Cahill score today after "another of his bizarre substitutions".

I think you'll find Beckford was not coming back from any injury... he was coming back after Moyes made him stand in the corner for a few weeks.

Anichebe... someone put the lad out of his misery and quickly.
Tony McNulty
5   Posted 07/05/2011 at 18:34:06

Iain ? I am not in the anti-Kenwright troup by any means although I do think his performance in many areas merits a C minus.

However, I doubt too many of us on here will be overly concerned about the views of some random Boro fan.

Or maybe I'm wrong ? does anyone have a grandma whose next door neighbour who supports Lincoln? And what do they think of our Board and Kenwright's leadership?

I also took umbrage at your bracketing of certain other clubs with ourselves. Even Jean Paul Sartre said that Hull was other people.

Tony J Williams
6   Posted 07/05/2011 at 18:50:52

James, how has an incompetent manager, managed to do the double over a Champion's League placed team? Surely if he was so incompetent, he would have been easily beaten by this multi-multi-million-pound team?
Tony J Williams
7   Posted 07/05/2011 at 18:53:32

Bizarre substitutions that caused two goals?
Paul Ferry
8   Posted 07/05/2011 at 18:54:50

We should not have had to make those substitutions to win the game. Are you happy to take 45 minutes of utter shite for Moyes to admit that he got it wrong in the 1st half when we could all too easily have been two or three behind for Christ's sake???

if Moyes has real nous, it would not have taken him 45 minutes of utter shite like that to try and put it right ? we were at home and we should have played that formation from the start. If you're happy to have a risk-all first half in order to give Moyes plaudits about 'bizarre substitutions then, quite frankly, we will lose more matches than we win; I'd rather praise Moyes and his tactics from the start, not from the second half on.

Graham Duffy
9   Posted 07/05/2011 at 19:09:04

Gary ? good post. I'm gonna do the same myself. Let's tell the lying twat exactly what we think of him!
Eric Myles
10   Posted 07/05/2011 at 19:20:45

James #5, if it's the managers fault when we lose, whose fault is it when we win?

KENWRIGHT OUT
Eric Myles
11   Posted 07/05/2011 at 19:25:55

Ray Roche
12   Posted 07/05/2011 at 19:33:50

James Hollister

True, neither Beckford nor Cahill scored, but Beckford made plenty of good runs and Cahill made a tremendous difference when he came on. And I thought Anichebe had an excellent second half. Maybe you should take your blinkers off and watch the match.
Andrew Gilbert
13   Posted 07/05/2011 at 20:06:28

James Hollister...Oh Dear.
Guy Wilkinson
14   Posted 07/05/2011 at 20:13:42

James stop it.

You're embarassing yourself
James Hollister
15   Posted 07/05/2011 at 20:13:16

Yes... oh dear, our strikers don't know where the net is.
Ben Jackson
16   Posted 07/05/2011 at 20:34:27

James, you're an embaressment. No wonder this website gets so much stick for being full of idiots. If Moyes was to leave our club, we would literally fall down the shitter. I know he has his faults but we're simply not in a position to challenge for titles or the Champions League at the moment, no matter who's in charge. Who would you actually suggest?

Let's judge Moyes once he's able to spend a bit of money. When he was able to spend some on the likes of Jags, Baines & Fellaini he took us to a cup final.
Tony McNulty
17   Posted 07/05/2011 at 20:51:46

Ben - the beauty of this site is that people are (more or less) given a licence to tell it how they see it. And when others don't agree, they in turn push back.

This isn't Pravda. We have a debate on here, challenge each other's interpretations of the facts (and sometimes the facts themselves) and have a robust discussion.

Some people will give the site stick of course, but I am glad to hear people's opinions ventilated even if I don't agree with them 100%. Often my own views get shaped by what I learn.

The "peer review" process on here is the means by which we sort out those you call "idiots". That is the real reputation of ToffeeWeb for me, not peddling some received view from the club or anywhere else.
Pat Finegan
18   Posted 07/05/2011 at 21:05:38

I second what Tony (19) said. Toffeeweb, in my view, is a way of keeping the club accountable. Without sites like this, the club could say whatever it wants and supporters, for the most part, would buy it.

I don't agree with everything said on here but it provides a venue for a no BS discussion about those running our club.
Andy Crooks
19   Posted 07/05/2011 at 21:39:15

Ben, no matter what happens we will not "literally fall down the shitter".

Also, it is not necessary to nominate a successor to Moyes in order to criticise him.

Chris Butler
20   Posted 07/05/2011 at 22:25:29

Why hasn't somebody done the logical thing and tried to get a protest sorted for the last game of the season against Chelsea? Something like a march from by the Royal Oak down Goodison then more and more fans would know about the group, because not every Evertonian reads these articles.
John Gee
21   Posted 07/05/2011 at 22:27:01

"People have the right to vent their opinions and other people have the right as ventees to hold the opinion that the venter of the opinion is an idiot based on the opinion vented."

Thats the rule as mentioned in the guide: Internet Debating In Opinion Threads Standards, or I.D.I.O.T.S.

Anyway, we won 2-1, I blame Moyes.
Brian Williams
22   Posted 08/05/2011 at 00:53:27

Catterick out.....................

I've been away!
Paul Gladwell
23   Posted 08/05/2011 at 07:45:10

Great win, but have to say I would love to see the statistics this season of how many times Moyes has had to change tactics and make substitutions at half time or just after.
To me its an admission of plan gone wrong and it generally happens after he has started a game with a negative team and formation.
Brian Waring
24   Posted 08/05/2011 at 10:42:14

Paul (#7) and Paul (#23) both spot on.

Nick Flack
25   Posted 08/05/2011 at 11:01:42

Bill Kenwright or Abramovic?

Former everytime. You think with a new chairman we'll win the league?

This isn't fantasy football chaps, it's the real world. He's running a good ship here. I suggest we get behind him and the club. A solid support will gain better headlines and more prospect of investment than constant bickering.

Strange that all the pundits applaud him while the lads at the end of an internet connection berate him.
Paul Gladwell
26   Posted 08/05/2011 at 11:52:07

Nick, pundits support him as they know jack shit about what really happens at our club. Does Lineker know about him and his dealings with Leahy and Terry Tescos? Does Lawrenson know of him banning shareholders meetings? Does Shearer know the full story about the Fortress Sports Fund, NTL, "ringfenced"... "Don't ask me ? I am only the chairman"... and the latest farce with this Park End cock-up?

Outsiders know jack shit about our club and I include our manager in that when they are spouting that he deserves a bigger club despite him being the one who is to blame for our poor starts each year.

Kenwright can fool those media darlings with his bleating about the Boys Pen, but more and more blues are finding out what he really is ? just ask the local media.

Paul Gladwell
27   Posted 08/05/2011 at 12:08:02

I am not being anti-Moyes there either; he has done a very good job at our club but, if you want to believe outsiders, he is untouchable and yet what I have witnessed from my Park End seat this year has been an awful season when it should not have been.
Jimmy Saville
28   Posted 08/05/2011 at 12:34:48

I've suggested this before. A very simple way of protesting that will have massive visible potential. People don't take their seats for the first 15 minutes of the game.

This would be best done at a televised game where they would comment at half time and full time. A few banners would help the cause!

Nick Flack
29   Posted 08/05/2011 at 13:35:44

"Pundits support him as they know jack shit about what really happens at our club."

Being within the industry, they'll know a hell of a lot more than you or I.
Paul Gladwell
30   Posted 08/05/2011 at 13:59:23

Well the pundits I mentioned know jackshit about what went on over the Kirkby debacle and all the other balls ups and lies I mentioned.
But yes they will probably know a lot more about how chairmans instigate moves for their own players and then make the player out to be the baddie.
Paul Gladwell
31   Posted 08/05/2011 at 14:12:27

And Nick I'm a season ticket holder, I pay my way and I don't think our ship is getting run well at all, have a look at the last accounts, that will show you that and these next ones coming up will apparantley be worse, that's no sign of a well run ship.
Brian Waring
32   Posted 08/05/2011 at 15:06:00

Nick, is running a good ship not being able to afford to bring in any loan signings?
Paul Gladwell
33   Posted 08/05/2011 at 16:10:30

Or is having a bench full of kids as you had to loan all your reserve players out to save wages.
John Audsley
34   Posted 08/05/2011 at 18:31:11

Nick Flack aka Bill Kenwright.

Your points have really made me laugh mate.

Running a good ship on empty but I guess that will do for you eh???

Jesus....
Alan Williams
35   Posted 09/05/2011 at 13:47:12

Just watch the Alan Sugar programme on BBC HD Sunday night. Tells its own story, Kenwright IN !!! Until somebody with bags of cash to waste comes along, give it a rest. COYB
Martin Mason
36   Posted 09/05/2011 at 18:27:04

I personally think that it's bad to get on to people's facebook pages just to be rude. Be civil and offer some alternative and remember that you are just spouting irrational prejudice otherwise. And the Moyes out gang? You are like a symphony of cracked records and I believe a tiny minority.

I'm not even sure that there's a groundswell of anti-Kenwright sentiment. Every outlet that I've seen apart from this particular one praises the Everton model but in the main both the model and the honesty, loyalty and ability of Moyes. Can everybody including his peers be wrong, seriously?

Nick Taylor
37   Posted 09/05/2011 at 20:08:24

Interest documentary last night about the levels of debt in PL and the price some clubs have paid and are going to pay for making bad decisions and chasing the dream.

I am not defending BK and his murky behind the scenes shadow backers or the appalling communication between fans and club, but there must be some cause for concern the way some fans want to see us live recklessly beyond are means or sell to the first foreign owner who rolls into town.

To buy EFC and compete in the CL you would need a minimum of £400 million to clear the debt, build a new stadium and invest in players capable of performing at the highest level. How many potential owners in this climate ? where it is far from certain TV revenue, the central plank of most clubs business models, will remain at currents levels ? would be prepared to part with that amount of money? How long would it take them to return a profit on their outlay?

It really isn?t that difficult to why we remain an unattractive proposition to would-be buyers. Some of the things we are doing for the long haul, like the youth system and the training complex, are going to pay dividends big time in the future... so the club is going to just have to manage through this tough period and us as fans should temper our expectations and become more realistic.
Simon Harris
38   Posted 09/05/2011 at 20:28:43

l would never condone posting abuse on Kenwright's facebook page, but, nor will I accept that we should be thankful for having him, or sit idly by for another 10 years of mis-management.

I want and expect to see us challenging again for the title before the grim reaper comes a calling ? and I'm only middle-aged!

Dear Bill, thanks for hiring Moyes... now do one.
James Flynn
39   Posted 09/05/2011 at 23:28:05

Martin (36) ? Agreed. "Moyes Out!" is the same nonsense it has been. In any sport, at any level, the positive impact of managers/coaches is over-rated; few and waaaaay far between. Moyes is one of the few to make a positive difference at his club.

Where I see the main failure in ownership (given it doesn't have "Sky 4" money), is in not pursuing the revenue streams available.

Not pouncing on the American market when LD was on loan was embarrassing. There was millions to be made in shirts alone right through the the US run in the World Cup. Pretty sad.

And how hard would it have been to put up an American Everton website once LD's loan deal was signed and have EFC executives haunt ESPN and FOX Sport here in the States to talk up Landon? Jesus!

This is what gets me about Kenwright. Am I right in understanding he's out of show business? Publicity is everything, right? Why not take advantage in the biggest untapped market on earth. It's not China or India. It's the US.

EFC is respected (legitimately) as the team which punches above its weight financially. We flat don't have the big bucks. But there is money sitting out there waiting to be taken.

WTF Kenwright? Go get it. We don't need deep pockets. We're £20-30 mil away from challenging for the Top. There are revenue streams available. Get after them.