Everton on Twitter

No I am not going to talk about the "premiership footballer" (who?s name rhymes with "Lion Wigs") who has been involved with Big Brother lovely Imogen Thomas (mind you, "woof woof", "ding dong", "hubba hubba"). No, that would be boring and irrelevant. What I wanted to write about was Everton 1st teamers on Twitter. I?ve just started to use Twitter. And in an initial spurt of enthusiasm I found some of our Saturday heroes and started to "follow" them. I?ve reproduced below a small sample of some of their recent "tweets"

By the way, for the non-twitterati: - "@name" means you are talking to that person "RT" = re-tweet where you forward to all someone?s tweet to you (like a radio request really)

So, after that detailed lesson, read on: -

Tim_Cahill
Thats me for today , phones dead, nevs banter average and fans first class. Thanks for ur support X

fizzer18 (Phil Neville)
@Tim_Cahill stop pestering me mate I'm on my hols-ur like a stalker!

fizzer18
@Tim_Cahill honestly ur top man the best everton player I've played with-great attitude determination and will to win have a great summer m8

louissaha08 Louis Saha
RT @elmtreeEFC: @louissaha08 give our travel club a RT mate.wherever everton go.so do we 9 hours ago

Tim_Cahill
Delighted we beat Chelsea & great 2 finish 7th - fantastic achievement 4 players, fans & club. Icing on cake 2 wear armband, proud day 4 me!

louissaha08
@fizzer18 Even Liverpool supporters wiLL miss ur bro @GNev2. Massive spirit in the game will be remembered as a passionnate Legend.

louissaha08
Was a terrific result and what can i say about becks goal. Speed desire n class finish. Thanx for support. Lets all make it better next year

Bilyaletdinov_7
Great victory today!! Good end of the season!! Big thanks to everyone for your support!!

Bilyaletdinov_7
Отличная победа сегодня!!Хороший конец сезона!!Всем спасибо за поддержку!!

fizzer18
Great result great performance typical everton spirit determination and togetherness!! Well done lads

louissaha08
What a Goalllllllllllllll. Beckforddddddddd.

louissaha08 louis saha
RT @Mathcourt20: @louissaha08 Top bloke was gutted when you left Man Utd! Can I get a RT for my sick brother who's having an operation 2moz?

fizzer18
@seamiecoleman23 great 1st season seamus-u just need to work on helping ur full back out more!!!

fizzer18
@seamiecoleman23 miss me at least it will give my back a breather from carrying u all season!

So what do all these random thought ejaculations tell us? Well, absolutely bugger all. However I would like to place the following interpretation on these, some say "insightful tweets", some might say "time wasting bollocks": -

? There appears to be a genuine warmth and affection between: -
o The players themselves,
o The players and the club,
o And for the fans (us) Even Bily shows this sensitive side!!! (That said, I don?t read Russian so that tweet could be the Russian translation or him saying to some Oligarch, "for the love of God get me out of this chicken shit organisation!")
? Louis is a bit of a cult (loads of requests for retweets)
? Pip is central to the general camaraderie

Of course I am sure you could (and probably will) place a negative spin on the above.

Personally, I?ve got nothing else to say on this matter, except I?m sorry to have wasted your time (a bit like Twitter really). Now, if someone could tweet me links to risqué photos of Imogen I would be very grateful. Thank you.

* Boy do I wish I had submitted this article one day earlier!
Alun Willis, Woking, Surrey     Posted 23/05/2011 at 23:23:40

Comments

Paul Gladwell
1   Posted 24/05/2011 at 06:43:59

To be honest I was made up with Alex Fergusons shout about having nothing better to do and 'go and buy a book' shout. They are just leaving themselves open to trouble as most of them appear to have done already with the abuse some players have been getting, it only takes one little wrong opinion to open the floodgates.
Andrew Laird
2   Posted 24/05/2011 at 08:23:03

Twatter.
Mike Green
3   Posted 24/05/2011 at 08:13:20

Alun

Interesting stuff and good opening - one of Our Kid's mates was saying what a disgrace Lion Wigs, as you put it, was - until Our Kid googled a photo of Imogen Thomas and put it under his nose. Apparently he said "Oh...." and went very quiet. Never judge a man until you've walked a thousand steps in his Reebok Instante Pro boots - temptation can be a very powerful thing.....

As far as twitter's concerned - I'm not a follower / fan but it's part of the modern world, for now.

Toffeewebbers often critisise the OS for lack of information / censored opinions etc when this provides a possible glimpse into the real dynamics within the club / team etc.

However - I'm sure they've been told that if they are going to do it they need to behave themselves. I'm also sure that it's only a matter of time before one of them lets something slip if that is the case (what price Beckford...?). Alternatively maybe they are a tight knit group after all. Or is this just an extension of the EFC PR Machine (that's probably overdoing it but you know what I mean....!) Steve Round probably sat them all in a circle around the centre spot showing them how to do it. Who knows.

I know the rough, tough "I only care about what goes on the pitch" fans out there will see it all as a load of bollocks - and from one perspective they are absolutely correct.

However, if you want to get another perspective on what goes on within Everton FC then this might be up your street.

I'm sure if Nev tweeted "Bainesy and Rodders of 2 City - gutted :( " a few ears would prick up.
Dan McKie
4   Posted 24/05/2011 at 09:07:36

Tim Cahill let something slip yesterday when he put up a profile pic of him with Kaka (for the Fifa game I think), wearing the new Everton home kit. He quickly took it down!
Dan McKie
5   Posted 24/05/2011 at 09:09:20

It wasn't Kaka wearing the kit :( if only!
Nick Entwistle
6   Posted 24/05/2011 at 09:58:42

I really don't get the interest in Twitter when its used on this level. Life is not a screen folks, its all around us.
Chris Fisher
7   Posted 24/05/2011 at 10:22:42

and here is the link to that picture of Tim and Kaka! http://www.followtonians.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/20110523-133547.jpg
Shaun Brennan
8   Posted 24/05/2011 at 10:29:27

Cheers for that Chris Fisher, good link to the picture. Now I know what is going on.
Andrew Fair
9   Posted 24/05/2011 at 10:48:37

Twitter is brilliant to find out what the Everton lads are up to. Whether its Beckford admitting that he should have had a hat trick and apologising for not scoring three or the fantastic banter between Phil Neville and Coleman,Baxter or Wallace. Think it helps team morale alot for Nev- an old pro to be involving the youngsters and they love it. Great stuff.
Liam Reilly
10   Posted 24/05/2011 at 10:33:03

Nice top...might buy that one
Phil Bellis
11   Posted 24/05/2011 at 12:38:29

Looks to me like the equivalent of "Hi. Degsy here, I'm on the train...I knowww!....off to see Tamara later, big presentation afters....some issues still at issue....is Mandy there?...oh l.o.l. - what IS she like?...I knowwww!...text those last quarters sales details to me, luv, a.s.a.p, there's a treasured P.A... cheers, ciao"
Luddites@dotcotton.uk
Roberto Birquet
12   Posted 24/05/2011 at 12:50:50

Liam
Nice top...might buy that one
----
Yeah, but please, not blue socks. I hate it when we switch every now and then to blue socks. Why can't we keep the same colours for home kit?

It should be part of our image: Blue, white, white.

I'll just buy a generic pair of white socks. Screw the Blue.
James Marshall
13   Posted 24/05/2011 at 14:05:35

Twitter = a series of nonsensical ramblings from people who should keep their private lives private. I once had a 6 month affair with a married woman, and nobody found out apart from her husband. I ended up marrying her.

As for the kit; all I can really say is that Kaka's clothes don't fit him at all. He looks like he won a competition.
Andrew Fair
14   Posted 24/05/2011 at 16:51:06

James Marshall ? We have just all found out as well...

Whooops ? should have kept your nonsensical ramblings private.

James Marshall
15   Posted 24/05/2011 at 16:59:49

It's fine, it's ancient history, hence why I don't mind you all knowing... not the mention the fact that none of you know who the hell I am anyway! We're also divorced, so I can say what the hell I like these days!

Poor Giggsy ;-)
Andrew Gilbert
16   Posted 24/05/2011 at 19:36:38

Alun..you missed this one..

fizzer18

@jbaxter37 can't believe they allow u take aways in strangeways now jose?