Members:   Log In Sign Up

Duncan Ferguson, Everton Manager

Just read that Big Dunc is doing his coaching badges.

So If Moyes ever left in a few years how would you feel about Big Dunc being an Everton manager (even though I think Phil Neville is our guaranteed next manager)?
Charlie Percival, Liverpool     Posted 14/06/2011 at 02:47:40

Comments

Roy Rennison
1   Posted 14/06/2011 at 20:17:07

Would love it.Imagine anyone on the pitch not giving 100% for Big Dunc? No I can`t either.
Guy Hastings
2   Posted 14/06/2011 at 20:25:17

I think he'll be making more money out of his Spain-based soccer school. That's why he's taking his badges.
Robbie Muldoon
3   Posted 14/06/2011 at 20:27:44

I'd love to see it happen, love it even more if it was successful!!
Jimmy Sorheim
4   Posted 14/06/2011 at 20:27:56

I just wrote a post about Duncan being a inside option with phil neville as an assistant. Only if moyes goes would this ever happen. I dont think Kenwright would pick Neville or Ferguson to be honest as they have no experience at all!
Brendan O'Doherty
5   Posted 14/06/2011 at 20:33:47

You gotta be joking.

Fisticuffs with players/other managers, etc., not to mention the media, it doesn't bear thinking about.

Trevor Mackie
6   Posted 14/06/2011 at 20:39:30

yeh, imagine Benitez or any of the "off shoots" giving it "the small club" shit.........i'd love it if he picked them up by the lapels and said "say it to my face".
Brian Waring
7   Posted 14/06/2011 at 20:49:40

Jimmy ( #3 ) I would put money on Phil Neville being our next manager if Moyes ever goes.
Stephen Leary
8   Posted 14/06/2011 at 21:46:58

I would love it, give it to him now fresh approach and an everton legend blue through and through we would maybe play attacking football too under him. COYB!!!!
Stephen Kenny
9   Posted 14/06/2011 at 22:31:23

I'd love it just to have someone with a bit of character at the club.
John Daley
10   Posted 14/06/2011 at 22:59:37

"I'd love it just to have someone with a bit of character at the club."

Well, that Steve Round is one charismatic motherfucker.
Gerry Quinn
11   Posted 15/06/2011 at 00:21:53

I can only dream of this scenario.......It's into injury time and our manager, big Dunc, catches the ball on the touchline, holds it under his arm to signal he wants to make a substitution.

Nobberoni Mancini starts to run towards him...........

go figure how different that event would end up.......a Freud throttle, a McStay headbutt or an Ince highfland fling?
Alex Kociuba
12   Posted 15/06/2011 at 01:03:45

"Steve Round is one charismatic motherfucker."

hahaha
Richard Dodd
13   Posted 15/06/2011 at 09:37:09

Don`t talk so bloody daft,Charles-managing is about more than passion and physical violence!
James Boden
14   Posted 15/06/2011 at 11:37:24

In a fantasy world this would be marvellous. However, we don't live in a fantasy world... and, as much as I loved Big Dunc scoring great headers or scaring the shite out of so called tough guys like Ferdinand and Terry, the fact is he would not be a good manager.

Phil Neville, on the other hand, may succeed because he has been in company of big personalities at United; he is a winner, he has the respect of everyone or so I can see, conducts himself well and also because more often than not it's average or quite frankly shite footballers who make the best managers not glamourous footballers.

James Brand
15   Posted 15/06/2011 at 11:44:11

Come on! No way...

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy but look at it honestly:
He'd have more touchline bans than Fergie, we'd go back to hoofball, we'd have the poorest disciplinary record in the league and we'd turn into another Stoke...

Sorry, love him to bits, but no thanks...
David Booth
16   Posted 15/06/2011 at 11:54:25

A long distance fantasy I am sure - but can you imagine the thrill of winning something with Duncan in charge?

And one thing's for sure, every player would be a committed Evertonian, or he wouldn't get picked.

One day maybe...

Adam Bennett
17   Posted 15/06/2011 at 12:16:52

I can picture it now. Champions League Final, losing 1-0 with five minutes to go in a game where Real Madrid?s centre half?s have had an easy night.

Big Dunc, in his suit on the touchline, thinks ?ah fuck it, I?m getting ready?. He comes onto the pitch, scares the shit out of two cultured Spanish centre backs, and scores a hat-trick of bullet headers as we win 3-1.

However, at the trophy presentation, he head-buts some bald Italian sitting in UEFA?s VIP area and gets a two year touchline ban.

I reckon it would be great!
James Boden
18   Posted 15/06/2011 at 13:31:45

Adam Bennett your dream would be absolutely heavenly if it ever came to fruition. The whole lot is pefect.

My personnel favourite moment of his was when he threw Paul Ince to the ground. To this day I still have fond memories as I despised Ince more than almost any footballer alive.
Tom Harries
19   Posted 15/06/2011 at 13:44:28

I don't believe it will happen, but there are some great images being conjured up!
James Marshall
20   Posted 15/06/2011 at 13:48:41

John Daley@10 - hahahaha, damn straight!
John Crook
21   Posted 15/06/2011 at 15:07:50

Can't see Dunc ever being a 'tatician'. Players would probably fear him on the training pitch ? that would be the only positive for me. He doesnt even do interviews ? so he wouldn't like the publicity side of being a manager. That's why he's hiding in Spain for the rest of his life with his pigeons and new kids soccer school or whatever it is.t
Steve Mink
22   Posted 15/06/2011 at 19:02:33

The goal-shy money-sponging thug did enough damage the last two times he was at the club.

The idea of him as a coach is absurd.
John Atkins
23   Posted 15/06/2011 at 20:46:55

Steve Mink#23 OK your comments on him being a coach maybe absurd, who knows? .................. but in regards to your first comment then how pathetic and ridiculous, WE DON'T NEED FANS LIKE YOU!!! what a moronic thing to say, you've embarrassed yourself
Nick Armitage
24   Posted 15/06/2011 at 22:10:30

With Big Dunc as manager, derbies would be great.

Put it one way, it would not be boring.
Steve Pugh
25   Posted 16/06/2011 at 08:11:11

Trevor (#17) ? Please explain why somebody asking how people would feel about the possibility of Dunc managing Everton is stupid.

Dave Wilson
26   Posted 16/06/2011 at 09:15:48

Wonder if Mancini would go head to head with him ...?
Mike Byrne
27   Posted 16/06/2011 at 09:46:33

Much as I loved the big fella, I have a long memory of fantastic players who were failures as managers - anyone remember some of these?

Bobby Moore
Bobby Charlton
Jack Charlton
Alan Ball
Nobby Stiles
Emlyn Hughes (just for the controversy!!)
Geoff Hurst
Martin Peters
Bruce Rioch

And these are the ones frpm the top of my head ? I am sure there must be dozens more. A great player doesn't necessarily make a great manager...

Craig Taylor
28   Posted 16/06/2011 at 11:22:17

Am not sure it would be fair to say that Jack Charlton, Alan Ball or Bruce Rioch were failled managers.

I mean surely the fact that they had long managerial careers would argue against that, would it not?
Liam Reilly
29   Posted 16/06/2011 at 13:20:25

Mike #28
Jack Charlton brought an average Ireland side to the world cup Quarter Finals - hardly a poor manager.

Steve Mink #23
Stop sitting on the fence; do you like him or nott?
Tom Harries
30   Posted 16/06/2011 at 14:57:00

As far as I remember, Rioch only really failed at Arsenal (although didn't he buy Bergkamp?)
Steve Mink
31   Posted 16/06/2011 at 20:46:25

@John Atkins - sorry yes, I'VE EMBARRASSED MYSELF!!
James Brand
32   Posted 16/06/2011 at 23:12:53

I've already commented on this thread but it's such an awesome one it gets my blood pumping every time I read!!!

Imagine being a player under ferguson!? Going to old Trafford with NO fear, running through a brick wall fe him knowing that he'd throw you through one if you didn't!

No doubt that he would bring fight and determination...to look to the sidelines and see the great man...

That said, do u think he has the tactical awareness? Let's he honest, he played under Walter smith, (a young) moyes (tho some of u will ask whther he has changed!)

I would love this, and thank u for a great post, but I fear that he won't have the tactical know-all.
James Brand
33   Posted 16/06/2011 at 23:21:07

....or that...Mike? Nick? ... Steve @32 has done something funky....boooh! (not sure why that has an "h" on the end either...)
Peter Hall
34   Posted 17/06/2011 at 10:31:34

I would feel certain, after years of suspicion, that the lunatics have taken over the asylum.