Ray tried in vain to organise a golfing day over the summer but for bad backs, bad luck, bad timing, and bad weather.

I will be in Toronto for a few months so I was hoping those golfers that can make it before I go could join myself, Derek & Clive (not them, the nice ones) and a few others on Friday 20 September with a midday start. That's the day before Jagielka comes back to score against us.

I'm not going to be great, I've not played in a while, so whatever your standard you are more than welcome to come meet fellow Blues so that l don't look so bad. I don't know if I'm still able to throw my club further than my drives but let's see.

Derek will be picking the course as he seems to have knowledge of a lot of local courses. A £5 deposit is required per player which l will pay, so if you confirm please turn up.

Please confirm if you would like to join us either in the comment box or by email to
okds-live@outlook.com

It would be nice to get a few of us and, after that, perhaps we could organise other dates.

You never know, one day we might see a 5-a-side game of football. UK versus USA so we can see the skills of Mike and Jamie!

Reader Comments (11)

David Pearl
1 Posted 21/08/2019 at 18:39:51
Derek has picked Frodsham Golf Course which will include a breakfast and a buggy.
Derek Knox
2 Posted 22/08/2019 at 14:55:34
Cue, The Entry of the Gladiators, (Thunder and Blazes) the Traditional Circus Music!

Roll up, roll up, come and see the hairy lady, she's got more hair on the palms of her hands than your uncle's got on his...……………. stand back there young man!!

It's back on folks, the much and long awaited Golfing Event of the Year. Breakfast + Buggy + Golf at Frodsham @ £25 per head, on the 20th September 11.30 am.

I have booked the above time as a definite but also have the option (to be confirmed) of at least one extra tee-time adjacent to the 11.30 slot.

Frodsham has been chosen for many reasons apart from the good value deal. It is a good, but fair course to golfers of all abilities, and has a variety of holes. It is quite hilly and undulating in parts, but also has a few holes on the flat.

The other attraction for choosing Frodsham, is it's geographical location, as people may be travelling from different directions, it is close to the M56, (accessible via M6 and M62) and doesn't involve Toll Bridges and Tunnels.

Doesn't matter if you haven't played for a while, or you think you have an embarrassing handicap, it's not a Competition for the Green jacket, or the Brown Trousers, it's just a chance for a few Tw'ers to meet up and meet like minded guys for a game of golf, and what hopefully may become a fairly regular event.

Different venues would be chosen in the future if there is enough support to make it fair for all. So come on guys, weather and winter are fast approaching as inhibitors of feasibility to play, so get your name down you will be made welcome and I can guarantee you will enjoy yourselves.

David Pearl
3 Posted 22/08/2019 at 15:14:50
Excellent; thanks a lot, Derek. We could play for a blue jacket though. And white trousers.
Neil Wood
4 Posted 22/08/2019 at 21:10:32
Hey all, I am in London at the moment but will be checking my shifts when I'm back to see if I can make it. If I'm off, I will definitely make one. It will be great to catch up with David again and hopefully meet more Blues.
David Pearl
5 Posted 22/08/2019 at 21:32:23
Hi Neil, thanks for letting me know. Hope to catch up again soon.
Derek Knox
6 Posted 22/08/2019 at 22:16:36
Neil, throw a sicky, we won't grass on you, honest!
Alan Cooper
7 Posted 25/08/2019 at 12:47:37
Just joined ToffeeWeb today, after Tom McNamara let me know about this event. Please add me to the list.
David Pearl
8 Posted 25/08/2019 at 17:21:21
Great, thanks Alan. Numbers are finally growing with thanks to Graham also.
David Pearl
9 Posted 03/09/2019 at 18:51:58
LAST CALL for sign ups to our first golf day. Anyone interested in joining us please confirm before Friday morning as we have to give Frodsham our numbers. Also if you have confirmed but can no longer make it, we need to know that too. All the best!
Derek Knox
10 Posted 20/09/2019 at 00:16:02
Having just returned, well a few hours ago, I can honestly say the day was a success, and the weather could not have been more conducive to both a game of Golf and a chance to meet new faces.

As it transpired there were 9 of us which made it a little awkward for the numbers, with there being Buggies involved (usually shared) but Clive, Keith Berry and son Sam chose to walk anyway, brave of them, I suspect there will be the odd ache or pain tomorrow.

I have to extend my thanks to Frodsham Golf Club who were very accommodating on everything from Golf to food and extended a hospitality, which is not always in evidence at some Golf Clubs.

Although it was not a Competition as such, some attendees recorded decent scores, I actually played with David Pearl, and Clive (Aberystwyth) neither of whom had played the course before and Clive managed 39 points (Stableford) which I thought was impressive.

David has not played for a number of years, and coupled with a back injury and the aftermath of a virus, he still turned up and had to pull out of the occasional hole due to pain. However he still enjoyed the company and the day.

Thanks to all those who turned out for which I hope will be the start of a fairly regular occurrence, even if we have to amalgamate a day with EITC, I'm sure we can work something out.

Unfortunately Ray Roche who spent a lot of time and effort into organising this event twice, only to be thwarted by torrential rain, could not attend as he had committed to a holiday on today's date, but I'm sure Ray will be raring to get involved with the next one.

Thanks again to everyone who attended in making it the inaugural event for ToffeeWeb, and what hopefully will be an event that appears more regularly in the years to come.

David Pearl
11 Posted 21/09/2019 at 10:38:27
Hi Derek yes thoroughly enjoyed the game and meeting you and everyone else. I'm trying to stretch now so l can get ready for the game! That is sitting on those blue bench seats.