The football weekend started last night with bottom club Norwich City pulling off something of a surprise win over Leicester City, with a fine strike from youngster Jamal Lewis swerving past Casper Schmeichel and inside the far post to win the game 1-0.

Saturday's slate of Premier League games includes:

Brighton vs Crystal Palace – 12:30
Bournemouth vs Chelsea – 15:00
Newcastle Utd vs Burnley – 15:00
West Ham Utd vs Southampton – 15:00
Watford vs Liverpool – 17:30

Aston Villa vs Sheffield Utd has been Postponed.

While Everton host Manchester Utd tomorrow afternoon at Goodison Park, Tottenham Hotspur kick off against Wolverhampton Wanderers. Then, Aston Villa take on Manchester City in the League Cup Final at Wembley (kick-off 16:30).

Reader Comments (69)

James Hughes
1 Posted 29/02/2020 at 14:24:05
My god, did you see that awful miss from Zaha. Tosun rolls it to him 3yards out, open goal and he hits the post!

£80 mill for him – my arse!!!

Steve Shave
2 Posted 29/02/2020 at 16:41:06
James, how did Cenk play, do you know? Did he start?
Dennis Stevens
3 Posted 29/02/2020 at 17:39:38
Every week that goes by without Newcastle Utd scoring just adds to the frustration of having coughed up those two goals in stoppage time back in January, together with the two points lost!
Brian Williams
4 Posted 29/02/2020 at 18:05:16
Looks like poor Gerry has done his ACL in Watford's game V the shite, a game which Watford could be winning with a bit more quality.

Have to see it again but suspect Dick Van Dyke gave him an unfair push but I'm bound to say that because I basically hate the lot of "them."

Ray Roche
5 Posted 29/02/2020 at 18:07:56
Brian, am I being biased or should that have been a foul? Van Dijk shoves Deulofeu off the ball, nowhere near shoulder to shoulder.
Brian Williams
6 Posted 29/02/2020 at 18:10:21
Thanks for coming in on that, Ray. Yes, it should have been a foul and the dirty fucker has ended Gerry's season, I'm sure, because that was a bad injury.
Ray Roche
7 Posted 29/02/2020 at 18:14:19
Agreed.
Brian Williams
8 Posted 29/02/2020 at 18:16:51
Wtf was going on with the Hoffenheim v Bayern game btw?
9 Posted 29/02/2020 at 18:26:50
Brian and Ray, possibly a foul but certainly nothing "dirty" about it. Just a simple shove, like you see 20 times a game, and an unfortunately awkward plant by Geri. Looks like more than an ACL to me, which is a shame. Wish him the best.
Brian Williams
10 Posted 29/02/2020 at 18:30:38
Mike! Stop being so effing reasonable and engage the "bitter" gene please. That dirty so and so done Gerry good and proper like guv'nor.
11 Posted 29/02/2020 at 18:34:47
Oy, sorry, mate, don' know what's got inta me. Rage engaged.

Brian Williams
12 Posted 29/02/2020 at 18:40:36
Now yer talkin'. How's things bro? Holding up with all the shit goin' on?

BTW do check out the Hoffenheim v Bayern game. I know it'll appeal to you.

14 Posted 29/02/2020 at 18:44:56
Are you happy now???!!!!

Wouldn't it be fun if they blew their unbeaten season at frickin' Watford.

Yep, we're holding up, thanks.

PS... I can't see the Bayern game here. Watched Dortmund/Freiburg earlier but now Fox is showing the CONCACAF Champions Cup instead of the Bundesliga.

James Hughes
15 Posted 29/02/2020 at 18:50:20
Steve #2 He was only on for the last few minutes. But it was a good break from halfway. Got close to goal and ran out of ideas. square pass to Zaha and the subsequent miss was comical.
16 Posted 29/02/2020 at 18:51:19
2-0 WATFORD
Paul Hewitt
17 Posted 29/02/2020 at 18:52:35
Get in.
Dave Abrahams
18 Posted 29/02/2020 at 18:52:48
Mike (16), is it?
Brent Stephens
19 Posted 29/02/2020 at 18:52:50
Get the duck in.
James Hughes
20 Posted 29/02/2020 at 18:53:13
Mike, you beat me to it...

2-0 c'mon you Z-Cars stealing frauds
that scoreline makes me happy. :)

Brent Stephens
21 Posted 29/02/2020 at 18:54:00
Sorry for the language. “Duck” indeed.
James Hughes
22 Posted 29/02/2020 at 18:55:58
Errm... borrowed from some site:

What a goal! That is absolutely brilliant from Watford...

Ismaila Sarr takes it with such composure, waiting for Alisson to go down and lifting the ball over the Liverpool keeper.

It all started with Will Hughes's clever back heel on the touchline, and suddenly Sarr was sprinting through on goal.

Brian Williams
23 Posted 29/02/2020 at 18:56:48
Now the thread livens up. Mike, the game I refer to has finished. Google it!

C'mon the Hornets!

Paul Hewitt
24 Posted 29/02/2020 at 19:01:17
Not arsed about the rs winning the league. Just don't want them going unbeaten.
25 Posted 29/02/2020 at 19:03:37
3-0 WATFORD -- DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
26 Posted 29/02/2020 at 19:04:22
Absolute wreckage in the RS backline.
Paul Hewitt
27 Posted 29/02/2020 at 19:07:14
How they have gone so long unbeaten is unbelievable. They are a good side, but not great.
28 Posted 29/02/2020 at 19:08:07
I knew nothing about this Watford striker Sarr from Senegal, but he has shredded Lovren and A-A today.
Brian Hennessy
29 Posted 29/02/2020 at 19:10:17
Lads, slightly off-topic as it's not relating to the Premier League, but what a goal this was last night here in Ireland in the Dundalk v Rovers game.

Getting tipped for the Puskas Award already Link

30 Posted 29/02/2020 at 19:13:39
That's spectacular, Brian. The guy's foot was up at ear level.
Andrew Grey
31 Posted 29/02/2020 at 19:14:05
If/when they lose to Watford, I will be kind of disappointed as I wanted this to happen at Goodison.

Oh well... Ha Hah HA ha HA h ah AHHHAAAAAAA

Brian Hennessy
32 Posted 29/02/2020 at 19:15:57
It sure was, Mike. He scored another great goal last week but this one was something special.
Brian Williams
33 Posted 29/02/2020 at 19:21:43
I'm SO happy because those delusional fuckers would have been so so sure that they'd go all season without being beaten!

Can't wait to hear the attempts at explaining it away like they don't care!

Not the last time they'll walk out to Z-Cars and lose this season, I hope.

34 Posted 29/02/2020 at 19:22:38
Hey Dave A... 3 more minutes of stoppage time and then you can smile at all your RS buddies.

Klopp and his boys all look so terribly dejected.

Danny Baily
35 Posted 29/02/2020 at 19:24:49
Brilliant from Watford!
Kunal Desai
36 Posted 29/02/2020 at 19:24:59
They have been ordinary over the last few weeks. There blip has come a little late amd will all but seal it with three points at home next week to Bournemouth.

37 Posted 29/02/2020 at 19:26:15
It's over.
Brent Stephens
38 Posted 29/02/2020 at 19:27:20
Not just the result but the scale of the loss. Extraordinary performance from Watford. And after Delboy’s injury.
Kevin Naylor
39 Posted 29/02/2020 at 19:29:03
Classy from Klopp there at the end – you wouldn't have seen Mourinho on the pitch like that shaking hands with the opposition.
Tony Hill
40 Posted 29/02/2020 at 19:30:13
The Invincibles. Versus Watford.
41 Posted 29/02/2020 at 19:30:46
Agreed, Kevin.
Mike Jones
42 Posted 29/02/2020 at 19:32:31
Kevin, Klopp isn’t classy. He’s a shit. Easy to shake hands and play the joker and the magnanimous man when you are winning. He showed his true colours at Goodison last year with our ball boy. Don’t judge him as a man when things are going well, judge him when there is adversity. I repeat, he is a shit.
Tony Hill
43 Posted 29/02/2020 at 19:32:49
Pep does that when the defeat doesn't matter. If it had mattered, the Mad Dentist would have been frothing.
Martin Mason
44 Posted 29/02/2020 at 19:34:26
Mike @42, He's human that's all and he's emotional

Regarding the fall-off in performance? Everton had a similar one in the 1970 Championship. For a while, they were hopeless.

Kunal Desai
45 Posted 29/02/2020 at 19:35:17
They know the league is done. There focus will be on overturning that CL tie.
Monday night under the lights at Goodison I thinknwe may just win this for the first time on 10 years.
Kevin Naylor
46 Posted 29/02/2020 at 19:38:40
I didn't say I liked him but I can at least recongnise some good sportsmanship and not let blind hatred just cloud everything I see. I've lived through much worse RS than him.
Dave Abrahams
47 Posted 29/02/2020 at 19:42:23
Mike (34), when I asked you ‘is it?', referring to the 2-0 score line you put up, it was a genuine question. I'd been reading and posting to John Mac's thread and forgot the time. I watched the first half of the Watford game and jumped right back on to it when I saw your 2-0 remark.

What a performance by Watford: no shirkers in that team tonight, up and at the bastards, all eleven of them.

I won't be smiling at my mates, complete silence is better, and they'll know what I'm thinking anyway, be lovely on Monday in Ned Kelly's.

Dennis Stevens
48 Posted 29/02/2020 at 19:57:38
Everybody else will feel they can "do a Watford" now. Although, what are the chances that a title win for Man City would be taken off them & handed to Liverpool anyway?
49 Posted 29/02/2020 at 20:06:11
Dave #47, enjoy, my friend. Let's just hope it's a double celebration. Gotta wreck the Mancs tomorrow!
Bill Gienapp
50 Posted 29/02/2020 at 20:09:38
Paul (27) - Exactly. They're not nearly as dominant as people like to think. What they have going for them is a clinical ruthlessness and total self-belief - it's served them well, with a lot of 2-1 victories and last-minute game winners.

With the league title effectively locked up, the unbeaten season now off the table and their aura of invincibility gone, I actually think we may see them fade a bit down the stretch. I reckon we have a real chance to beat them at Goodison.

Eric Paul
51 Posted 29/02/2020 at 20:18:04
Can't remember Bingo shaking our players' hands at Goodison Park when they lost the league last season.
Jim Harrison
52 Posted 29/02/2020 at 20:23:41
I have to say, I am not a big fan of cheering on Liverpool in defeat elsewhere as I am sure it just builds some kind of voodoo karma payback when we play them.

John P McFarlane
53 Posted 29/02/2020 at 20:49:58
Jim #52, When Kopites dance about when Everton lose any game or concede a goal at any point in the calendar, it doesn't seem to affect their results or attract voodoo or bad Karma to them, does it?

I've never understood why Evertonians have to take any and all of the flak from across the park, but aren't supposed to hand it out to the neighbours – after all, we don't get many opportunities to do so, do we? They are not unbeatable and neither are they untouchable.

Eric Paul
54 Posted 29/02/2020 at 20:59:57
John @53,

Correctamundo! I celebrate any negative results those bastards have.

Len Hawkins
55 Posted 29/02/2020 at 21:03:12
Martin #44

Christmas 69 saw Everton pulled back by Leeds who went top then they faded and Everton clawed them back and opened up a gap which they did not relinquish.

Ray Roche
57 Posted 29/02/2020 at 21:06:57
Yeah, let's enjoy it while we can.

As for Klopp, I can't see his face without imagining his head looking in the periscope of U57.

Let's hope we can give them Das Boot up the hoop at Goodison Park.

Andy Crooks
58 Posted 29/02/2020 at 21:31:21
That result has made me really look forward to MotD.
John Keating
59 Posted 29/02/2020 at 21:34:01
To be honest, I was more interested in the Burnley result as for us it's more important to keep them close and overtake them in the Premier League.

Only time I take notice of those shites is when we are due to play them. Apart from that, they don't exist.

Tom Bowers
60 Posted 29/02/2020 at 21:37:33
I just love Watford ever since we beat them in the FA Cup Final and of course today. They prevented Liverpool beating the Gunners record of going unbeaten for the season but, of course, we would have done that in a couple of weeks anyway.

I thought that they would have had a weakened side out today with a tough return leg of the Champions League game coming up but they didn't and that makes it an even more pleasurable result.

The weekend will be complete if Everton beat Man Utd and we haven't had a complete weekend for a long time.

COYB.

Dave Abrahams
61 Posted 29/02/2020 at 21:47:27
We’ve beaten Watford three times this season, just a thought.
Jay Woods
62 Posted 29/02/2020 at 22:12:04
Dave Abrahams, be that as it may, many times when we play FC Norway, we do our best to beat ourselves on their behalf.
63 Posted 29/02/2020 at 22:39:45
Brian #23, I got to see a replay of that game in the afternoon. Fascinating phenomenon.

Somebody here with Bundesliga nous is gonna have to explain to me why every club's ultras hate Hopp so much after all these years. Seems like a good man.

John Keating
64 Posted 01/03/2020 at 00:39:32
Mike the German clubs have massive supporter input about 50 per cent I think. Only a couple of clubs are owned by an individual.

Hoffenheim were nothing a few years ago and Hopp's money has got them to where they are. Those clubs with individual owners are hated by supporters of the other clubs who protest at most of their matches.

Derek Thomas
65 Posted 01/03/2020 at 00:44:12
Mike G; good piece on BBC sport, explains most of it.
Jamie Crowley
66 Posted 01/03/2020 at 01:18:57
We've been out all day. We were just watching some college basketball as the ticker was cracking through scores at the bottom of the screen.

My son yells out, "Watford beat Liverpool 3-0!"

"What??

"Watford beat Liverpool 3-0!"

Cue bedlam in the Crowley Compound.

I am so, so glad those fuckers can't clinch the league at Goodison. And they'll never be able to brag about an unblemished season. Thrilled.

Derek Thomas
67 Posted 01/03/2020 at 06:58:08
And we're thankfully spared the ignominy of providing the guard of honour.

Beat Man Utd today and we're still in the mix, a draw is no good... except to them.

Dave Abrahams
68 Posted 01/03/2020 at 08:55:47
Derek (67) and Jamie (66), not sure, but if Man City lose two games before that Derby game Liverpool can still clinch the title at Goodison.
Paul Hewitt
69 Posted 01/03/2020 at 17:16:56
Has anyone seen Villa's goal today? That's why I don't want John Stones back. He's terrible!
Brent Stephens
70 Posted 01/03/2020 at 17:24:25
Paul,

What did Stones do?

Michael Kenrick
71 Posted 01/03/2020 at 17:35:30
Slipped and fell on his arse, allowing the Villa player he was tracking to advance and cross unhindered for a clean headed goal – almost identical to one of Arsenal's against us last week.