Reader Comments (11)

Eugene McLoughlin
1 Posted 21/02/2021 at 13:08:41
West Ham are bloody playing well, could be between us and them for 4th??
Danny O’Neill
2 Posted 21/02/2021 at 13:13:49
Quiet on here so I guess we are all Everton focussed. Some interesting fixtures today. First one not really going our way as ideally a draw.

Tottenham don't look right. Body language says a lot and against the backdrop of speculation around Mourinho's future.

Fran Mitchell
3 Posted 21/02/2021 at 13:19:32
With the title all but wrapped up, it would be great to have a top-4 of City, and the rest made up of Everton, Leicester and West Ham.

I think Sky would sponteously combust and call for the season to be null-and-voided.

Danny O’Neill
4 Posted 21/02/2021 at 14:03:35
Well, I guess that keeps a bit of distance between us and Tottenham.
Colin Glassar
5 Posted 21/02/2021 at 14:07:08
Danny, I was actually hoping for a Spurs win, or draw. That would've kept WHU within 3 points of. I don't see Spurs being a threat to us this season.

Hope Villa, Man City and Newcastle all win for the same reason.

Danny O’Neill
6 Posted 21/02/2021 at 14:40:11
Leicester ruining that plan right now, Colin. I guess we have done all we can do this weekend and taken care of our own business.
Joe McMahon
7 Posted 21/02/2021 at 14:49:00
Danny and Colin, amongst games we need to win (well yes, apart from them all) WHU away. Lingard is proving a prudent loan for the Hammers. I do think 1- 3rd spot is already sorted, and yes hats off to Leicester. A pity also Lampard wasn't at Chelsea a while longer (we need to win there also).
Colin Glassar
8 Posted 21/02/2021 at 15:12:48
Villa are really average without Grealish. Ross is back to his back passing best; when Grealish plays, he looks so much better.

I suppose 4th to 7th will remain fluid. Until we improve our home form, I still fear we will end up 7th (6th max).

Michael Kenrick
9 Posted 21/02/2021 at 20:11:27
Really good goal by Rashford. Hit it accurately with force to beat the keeper at the near post. And Saint-Maximin's goal at the other end was also very well struck.
Danny O’Neill
10 Posted 21/02/2021 at 22:23:32
Sorry guys, family crisis meant I went off line. Listened to the Arsenal v City and United v Newcastle matches on 5 live but didn't see.

Seems as though my bold prediction that the bottom 3 was a done deal several weeks ago is being more than put to the test.

Newcastle just 3 points above Fulham, Brighton only 4. Tomorrow's Brighton v Palace fixture now takes on more importance. Depending how it pans out, Fulham and Newcastle meet on the last day of the season!

City aside, we didn't get many favourable results today but guess we can only take care of our own.

Fran Mitchell
11 Posted 24/02/2021 at 23:32:35
Just seen Gordon got MotM for his performance in the 0-0 today, also his birthday.

Going by Twitter, they absolutely love the lad. Most fans are complaining that he is being subbed too early, that he must play every game, that he is head and shoulders above the rest of the team.

Looking good for the lad. He's making an impression in his short time so far (missed a couple of games with injury).

I think a full season on loan next season, and he'll then be ready for the Premier League.

Said it before and say it again, the lad reminds me of Harvey Barnes.