Wednesday 12 May 2021

Crystal Palace v Aston Villa – 12:00 on Sky Sports
Tottenham Hotspur v Wolves – 14:05 on Sky Sports
West Brom v Liverpool – 16:30 on Sky Sports
Everton v Sheffield United – 19:00 on BT Sport 1

Reader Comments (267)

1 Posted 12/05/2021 at 20:41:07
Well, that was a soft one for The Arse!
2 Posted 12/05/2021 at 20:46:59
Yep - been some clown stuff just lately...
Dale Self
3 Posted 12/05/2021 at 20:48:09
Yeah but here is a stat from the grauniad, only the red shite have shipped more goals from outright errors than than Chelsea.
4 Posted 12/05/2021 at 20:53:57
Pickford's fault.
5 Posted 12/05/2021 at 21:05:19
We dodged a bullet with that Gabriel. Every time I watch him he’s crap!
Dave Abrahams
6 Posted 12/05/2021 at 21:14:04
What a cracking little player Chelsea have got in their central midfield, here, there and everywhere, probing, tackling and passing, mostly crisp forward passes, asking for the ball, pass and move to a very high quality, all at nineteen years of age, a throwback to the great Scottish footballers who came down to England on a regular basis, a pleasure to watch this young kid.
Dave Abrahams
7 Posted 12/05/2021 at 21:16:09
@(6), the kid mesmerised me that much I forgot to put in his name, Billy Gilmour.
Ray Roche
8 Posted 12/05/2021 at 21:20:22
Dave, he got MotM against us on, I think, his debut. Looked a real prospect.
Jay Wood
[BRZ]

9 Posted 12/05/2021 at 21:23:57
Dave, If memory serves me right Billy Gilmour had a cracking game against us last season.

In the final game before the lockdown and PL suspension when they schooled us 4-0. Young Gilmour was excellent.

Edit: beat me to it, Ray!

10 Posted 12/05/2021 at 21:25:06
If I recall he got the motm against us recently
Dave Abrahams
11 Posted 12/05/2021 at 21:25:17
Ray (8), I know he got the MOTM against Liverpool last season in the FA cup when Chelsea beat them 2-0, ho got injured just after that and was out for quite a while, he was brilliant last week versus Man City, he might not make the team for the European final against City because of Kante but he could be in the squad.
12 Posted 12/05/2021 at 21:31:40
Gilmour has looked excellent just about every time he's played - yet went out of favour under Lampard, not featured much with Tuchel ( I don't know if he's had injury).

He's a slight guy but so much potential. There was brief paper talk earlier in the season about him possibly being "Available". Wouldn't say no.

13 Posted 12/05/2021 at 21:32:43
Just read your mention of injury, Dave - wasn't aware.
Dave Abrahams
14 Posted 12/05/2021 at 21:38:49
Anyway while I was writing how good he was, he didn’t come back for the second half, or did he get injured while I was was on here writing about him?
15 Posted 12/05/2021 at 21:48:58
Chelsea are out of ideas here. We can’t blame anyone but ourselves if we miss out on a europa league place.
Simon Harris
16 Posted 12/05/2021 at 21:50:19
This is where we need to improve.
A poor, low on form Arsenal, under the pump against a really good Chelsea team, yet despite defending in numbers (like us at West Ham) and may still fuck it up are still managing to find a way out on the break and flood players forward trying to get a second. And as an aside, If only Davies had been a Smith Rowe
17 Posted 12/05/2021 at 21:58:05
These commentators must be gooners. They are desperate for an Arsenal win.
Bill Gall
18 Posted 12/05/2021 at 22:06:56
if Arsenal win they go ahead of us on g/d as a tie is worth the extra point
Simon Harris
19 Posted 12/05/2021 at 22:07:15
I was thinking that Colin. Same commentators said we were smash and grab against WH, but now saying Arsenal have defended well. Which they have BTW but so did we.
Barry Hesketh
20 Posted 12/05/2021 at 22:07:53
Colin @17
I suspect it is another shade of red shirts that they are thinking about, an Arsenal victory tonight was a surprise to many and a godsend to some. I do hope that Evertonians that were all smiles last night remember that it ain't over until the fat lady sings and refrain from premature celebrations when it comes to our red cousins and their prospects.

It says much that Arsenal is above us tonight, despite us beating them twice this season, however, we do have two games in hand on them.

Dale Self
21 Posted 12/05/2021 at 22:11:49
I think it says that they've played two more games than us and that is all.
22 Posted 12/05/2021 at 22:13:22
Barry, this season has taught me to be very circumspect re. games in hand.
23 Posted 12/05/2021 at 22:13:31
Our famous “games in hand”. They are only worth it if we win them. Somehow the football gods always look kindly on their “big 6” clubs.
Brian Murray
24 Posted 12/05/2021 at 22:17:42
Get the feeling them shower will find a way or teams do them a favour in race for top 4.
Barry Hesketh
25 Posted 12/05/2021 at 22:23:45
Dale @21
I don't think that we've ever met, but I notice a pattern of you taking some umbrage to my posts on some occasions. What is it that I wrote on my latest post that caused you to spit out your reply?
Bill Gall
26 Posted 12/05/2021 at 22:48:09
Barryyes we have 2 games on them but, I was watching a football show last week and Derm Gallagher the referee who is an Evertonian, when he was asked a question he started looking under his seat and when he was asked what he was looking for he said I was wondering were Evertons games in hand had gone. Don Hutchinson made the comment of, I think Everton will be looking for a game in hand at the start of next season. The games in hand are great, it is the G/D that worries me as Arsenal go ahead of us with the same number of points
Anthony Murphy
27 Posted 12/05/2021 at 23:01:13
Think it’ll go to the wire re top 4...can see Leicester needing 3 points against Spurs to make it
28 Posted 13/05/2021 at 08:04:24
One thing is certain and that is that Arsenal won’t get into the top six, so if Everton want to make Europe, our only worry is how they perform against Villa, Sheffield United, Wolves and Man City, because football is about doing your own job well, as it’s the only real way to improve!
Andrew Ellams
29 Posted 13/05/2021 at 08:26:54
We are in the bottom 6 on home form, if we had matched Wolves (10th best) a win tonight would move us into the top 4.

That's where this year's post mortem needs to look along with the number of training ground injuries.

30 Posted 14/05/2021 at 20:36:12
Simply classic headed goal from a corner by Newcastle.

I'm watching on NBC/Peacock and they say "Whoever jumps highest wins the ball." Err... No. It's whoever has his head in the perfect location to meet the arc of the ball.

They blame zonal marking but there is no antidote to that kind of goal if the attacker is in the right position and jumps correctly to meet the ball properly and direct it right.

Nothing to do with marking, unless you foul the man who is trying to get his head in that unique location to score the goal. And you give away a penalty.

Dale Self
31 Posted 14/05/2021 at 20:59:48
Barry, sincere apologies for the delayed response. First, thanks for not firing back. It is the negative takes on Everton and that is all. I would have to go back and read the entries to completely answer for my behavior over several posts but on this one it is the Arsenal remark. That they were up by having played two more games was not at all represented in your comment which was critical of Everton. Also, it was just after a loss so that should be considered too.

And while we're here, let me say one more thing on this. It is more than a good possibility that many of those I bang on in the forum would be well worth having a pint and hanging out with. I'm not sure they feel the same about me but our differences here wouldn't prevent me from giving it a chance. I do say things in an Okie way, if you will, and while I'm willing to listen to critiques of Everton, some of the schoolyard stuff is simply too much to let slide.

32 Posted 14/05/2021 at 21:32:30
Game of the week...

...and it keeps on giving.

David Pearl
33 Posted 14/05/2021 at 21:47:11
We will likely play these next weekend if this is their second string.

I wonder if Carlo is there doing some scouting like as it might be we need the points to make Europe. Bet Moysey would. (Just sayin'!)

On another note, Pep Guardiola has completely ruined my fantasy football league this year with his rotation.

34 Posted 14/05/2021 at 21:51:48
David, you're right about Moyes being there – the guy's watched more football than God over the years, can't take that away from him.

I wouldn't mind our game with Man City being a similar goalfest to round things off.

35 Posted 14/05/2021 at 21:57:32
If he is, I hope he's watching Almiron.
David Pearl
36 Posted 14/05/2021 at 22:52:28
Will, hands-on is Moyes. Long-term, Carlo could be the man but ya know, all season to fix our home form. And our way of play changed after the first 7 games of the season. Definite improvements in some players, while others... not so much.

Thomas, that St Maximin guy looks a handful. Still can't believe we basically swapped Lookman for lwobi. A bittersweet end to the season.

Dave Abrahams
37 Posted 15/05/2021 at 12:01:01
David (36), fans go on about those first seven games of the season, two were against Fleetwood and Salford, one was against Crystal Pal. were a penalty that came out of nowhere and surprised most fans, won us the game, WBA had a man sent off before half time that swung the game to us and another was against Brighton, who have been in the lower regions of the league all season, after those games we started to struggle and the games where we provided entertainment can be counted on one hand.
David Pearl
38 Posted 15/05/2021 at 12:12:11
Dave, they were an enjoyable watch and l thought it could be developed to balance the protection the midfield gave to the back four.

Now James is likely to play tomorrow its anyones guess how we set up. I just hope he doesn't have to come too deep to get the ball leaving us short up top. Mina apart, we have all the same players fit from the 1st game of the season. It will be interesting to see if Carlo gets it right and we can have more of the ball for a change.

Barry Robson
39 Posted 15/05/2021 at 12:16:47
The quality of our football will improve as Carlo improves the quality of his squad. I personally believe we will see that next season.
40 Posted 15/05/2021 at 12:23:30
Dave, so what about the Spurs game, which we deserved to win? You could hardly say Brighton were in the lower regions of the league after four games. They had already won away at Newcastle 3-0 and were very unlucky to lose at home to Man Utd 3-2 the week before we played them. West Brom having a player sent off didn't swing the game in our favour. If that was the case why didn't the RS beat us when Richarlison was sent off? Also, in that case, Digne getting sent off against Southampton must have certainly swung the game in their favour.And I know VAR probably helped us against the RS in the end, before you say it!! 😁😁
41 Posted 15/05/2021 at 12:30:43
Burnley only got eight subs. Bet their fans are fuming about that!!
Alan McGuffog
42 Posted 15/05/2021 at 13:21:03
Talking about players being sent off. I watched The Big Match Revisited this morning, Everton v Wigan in the cup, 1980.
Some yard dog of a pie eater took Big Bob out with a challenge that would be illegal in Rugby League. Never seen Latchford so irate.
Score settled later on when Kiddo elbowed the offender into the back of the net. Early bath! Didn't need VAR to settle injustices in those days 😐
Dave Abrahams
43 Posted 15/05/2021 at 13:36:09
Rob (40), Rob, big difference between a man getting sent off at the end of the first half when the score was either 2-2-or 2-1 to WBA and Richarlison getting sent off near the end of the Derby game. The Southampton game Everton were diabolical never looked like getting anything out of it, funny enough we were not much better in the home game we won.

Yes the Spurs game all of us a big lift up because we had a deserved victory there although Pickford was in the running for MOTM with a few terrific saves, However Rob we’ve been lifted up all season and let down in equal measure with with wins at Liverpool, Leeds, Leicester and Wolves elating us and the home games versus Newcastle, Fulham, WHU, Crystal Pal. and Leeds frustrating and bringing us down to Earth and reality.

I’ve got to be honest I find it hard to argue with such an ardent follower of the Blues, such as yourself but I love the Blues and that’s the way I see how the season as gone Rob.

44 Posted 15/05/2021 at 14:04:22
Argue as much as you like Dave, I can take it!! 😁😁

I think we are all disappointed at how this unusual season has panned out. The home record is without doubt one of, if not the worst in living memory, yet look at and compare with teams above and around us, man city have lost four home games, man Utd lost six home games, Leicester have lost eight home games, Liverpool lost six home games, Chelsea lost four home games, West ham lost five home games, Spurs lost five home games,Arsenal lost seven home games. With fans in the stadiums these teams wouldn't have lost anywhere near the amount of home games they have. Of course, the flip side being would we have won eleven away games, to date, with fans in the ground?

With three games still to play, we are still in the running for a European spot next season, so it ain't all bad!!

45 Posted 15/05/2021 at 14:07:16
Leeds running riot at Burnley. 4-0.
Dave Abrahams
46 Posted 15/05/2021 at 14:11:28
Rob (44),

Yes it has been a very strange season and as I have said to once before, you have been very unlucky in missing all those away wins because, without a doubt, you would have been there.

On your last line, I hope for your sake Everton get a European place because, no matter where it is or who it is against, you'll be there. To be honest, I won't be disappointed if we miss out, especially if it is the Europa Conference League.

Tony Everan
47 Posted 15/05/2021 at 14:31:45
Enjoyed watching Leeds again, such good intensity and forward thinking in the side. Bielsa has worked a near miracle and created a proper team that is more than the sum of its parts, what a good manager he is.

Kalvin Phillips is a cracking central midfielder, he's what I was hoping Gbamin would be like. I don't think Leeds will be interested in selling him any time soon though.

Ian Edwards
48 Posted 15/05/2021 at 14:53:46
Leeds have come up playing an entertaining brand of football under Bielsa. They are only 3 points behind us. That dullard 'park the bus' dinosaur in our dugout has stunk the gaff out for just an extra 3 points...

He's not the messiah. He's Roy Cropper.

49 Posted 15/05/2021 at 14:54:19
Start of the season, I had Leeds to struggle later, thinking they'd never keep it up and be "found out". How wrong I was. The fitness and commitment too. Whatever's in the water up there, we need some.

If they add consistency and tighten the back, watch them go next season. Bielsa certainly understands attacking football.

50 Posted 15/05/2021 at 14:55:56
It's not a match day is it???
David Pearl
51 Posted 15/05/2021 at 15:03:24
Tony, he is a great player, been suprised at how good he is. Gbamin hasn't looked much when he has been on the pitch for his 15 minutes.

Wouldn't mind Rodrigo either. And Leon Bailey. We need to sign more than 1 winger/wide player if Bernard goes, along with Bolasie and Walcott.

Joe McMahon
52 Posted 15/05/2021 at 15:04:01
Will, Leeds have got better as the season has gone on. Brilliant to watch.

If I was a believer in Religion, I'd be praying for an Everton team with pace and goals. I would have been praying for decades.

53 Posted 15/05/2021 at 15:17:56
It's a breath of fresh air, Joe, in a results-driven business. Seems Man City levels of money (and players) are not always needed to have an attacking approach. This said, several of the Leeds players really are quality and still improving.
Barry Rathbone
54 Posted 15/05/2021 at 16:07:13
I think this cat, Bielsa, is from the same mould as Clough and Shankly – strong-minded and slightly lunatic; he just needs a repeat next season to prove it but ultimately he gets the fact that footy is a simple game.

Get skill, pace and drive throughout the team and not only do you win more than you lose but confidence and impetus develop. Leeds have lost a few mad games but it hasn't affected them in the least; they believe in their blueprint.

On this seasons evidence, if they get decent money in, I could see them overtaking us and winning something in the near future. Excellent team.

Barry Robson
55 Posted 15/05/2021 at 18:15:09
If anyone is Roy Cropper, it's Ian fucking Edwards. Carlo will prove you wrong in the long term.

Leeds will struggle next season as so many do after a good first season in the Premier League. Look at Sheffield United.

Anthony Murphy
56 Posted 15/05/2021 at 18:31:18
What’s Bielsa won?
57 Posted 15/05/2021 at 18:39:56
What an absolutely exquisite strike by Tielemans! Fantastic.

Somebody seems to have taught him how to strike a ball – firm and true.

Ian Horan
58 Posted 15/05/2021 at 18:40:10
What a strike by Tielemans.
59 Posted 15/05/2021 at 18:40:15
Great goal there from Tielemans, hope Leicester beat Chelski, there’s hope for us all in that.
60 Posted 15/05/2021 at 18:44:43
It would be better for football if Leicester beat these ESL mercenaries.
61 Posted 15/05/2021 at 18:45:14
Chillwell and not Kante getting stick from the Leicester fans. Jennas calls it harsh, they just do not understand us fans, do they – these ivory tower inhabitants.
62 Posted 15/05/2021 at 18:56:01
C’mon Leicester!
64 Posted 15/05/2021 at 19:00:21
Barry # 55. Well said. Along with West ham, although neither team will go down, neither Leeds or West ham will trouble the top ten next season.

Oh and well said regards the first part of your post!!

65 Posted 15/05/2021 at 19:02:06
The FA Cup is alive and well.
66 Posted 15/05/2021 at 19:02:41
Extra time Michael!!
67 Posted 15/05/2021 at 19:02:42
Tight that
68 Posted 15/05/2021 at 19:03:33
Offside surely
69 Posted 15/05/2021 at 19:03:44
Offside!!
70 Posted 15/05/2021 at 19:04:04
For once this season... I LOVE VAR!!!
71 Posted 15/05/2021 at 19:04:57
minisculemetres
72 Posted 15/05/2021 at 19:06:41
VAR is shite but sometimes, it’s good shite.
Derek Moore
73 Posted 15/05/2021 at 19:07:36
Wow. In years past

VAR strikes again!

Barry Hesketh
74 Posted 15/05/2021 at 19:09:01
Why do you all want Leicester to win, they're a horrible bunch with a horrible manager - I was hoping that somehow both teams would lose today. As for the VAR call, if that goal was ruled out against Everton in a Cup Final I'd be livid.
75 Posted 15/05/2021 at 19:11:35
Quite emotional for Leicester that, what with what happened to their chairman.
76 Posted 15/05/2021 at 19:12:04
It wasn’t offside Barry and, VAR is shite but Leicester deserve their win. Sour grapes mate.
77 Posted 15/05/2021 at 19:12:16
I think it's good that the trophies are spread around a little. Chelsea have a massive chance against Man City in Porto, so quite happy to see them lose this one.

Touchel has been brilliant for them – but he's not invincible. I think that's good for football.

78 Posted 15/05/2021 at 19:12:40
Barry, it looked level to me. What happened to giving the benefit of the doubt to the attacking team? You're right about Leicester as well, and you can add Fucking retard fans as well.
Stephen Brown
79 Posted 15/05/2021 at 19:13:01
I’m so envious
Joe McMahon
80 Posted 15/05/2021 at 19:14:20
Schmeichel 2 saves incredible, particularly the 2nd.

Agreed Jeff RE the Leicester chairman and owner.

Paul Hewitt
81 Posted 15/05/2021 at 19:14:34
Well done, Leicester. A proper manager, proper players. A proper club.
Kevin Prytherch
82 Posted 15/05/2021 at 19:15:00
Nice one, Leicester.

There's an example of a transfer policy to follow. Stop buying established stars on big wages, but players who are young with a point to prove. Moyes has done that with West Ham, Leicester have won the Premier League and FA Cup doing it. We don't need to spend £500m if we can spend £100m wisely.

83 Posted 15/05/2021 at 19:17:37
Barry

Leicester were underdogs – that's a good enough reason for me to prefer them to win. Plus how tedious if the same few teams win everything every year...

84 Posted 15/05/2021 at 19:18:05
So since we last won a trophy, Leicester have won all 3 English competitions, it can be done.
Martin Mason
85 Posted 15/05/2021 at 19:18:09
Well done, Leicester, what a win. Superb goal from Tielemans and world class saves from Schmeichel.
Jay Wood
[BRZ]

86 Posted 15/05/2021 at 19:18:34
Tepid final. Very little quality football.

Leicester an extremely deep sitting defence first half, without protection from their midfield.

Ponderous, slow moving pass-stop-pass back football. Little imagination or movement.

Cracking strike for the winner. Two great saves by Schmeichel. Correct call on the VAR. It looked off to the naked eye without painting the lines.

Any defeat for any of the Dirty Dozen/Soiled Six is just hunky-dory with me, no matter who it is.

87 Posted 15/05/2021 at 19:19:16
Somehow fucking Moyes makes it onto every thread. Just forget him, he’s not coming back!!!!
88 Posted 15/05/2021 at 19:19:23
Not sure about being underdogs, they are above Chelsea in the league!
89 Posted 15/05/2021 at 19:20:34
Jeff

I was thinking the exact same thing about their trophy haul

90 Posted 15/05/2021 at 19:23:03
Credit to the Schmeichel family. I can’t think of another father and son duo who’ve won so much.
Stephen Brown
91 Posted 15/05/2021 at 19:26:12
Will we ever have these moments again?? Great for Leicester but I genuinely find it hard to watch.
92 Posted 15/05/2021 at 19:26:19
Get in, Leicester!
Paul Birmingham
93 Posted 15/05/2021 at 19:28:37
Well done Leicester, great goal and great saves... and I got my bet up.

Now for Everton to beat Sheffield United.

Michael Boardman
94 Posted 15/05/2021 at 19:29:50
And to think Schmeichel left Man City (pre-Arabs) to join Notts County, as Joe Hart was the next big thing.
Bill Gall
95 Posted 15/05/2021 at 19:30:21
Would this victory make Leicester a Top 6 club? They have won the Premier League and the FA Cup and presently sit 3rd in the table. Or will they have a Top 7, unless they drop Arsenal out of the recognized Top 6?
Robert Tressell
96 Posted 15/05/2021 at 19:32:48
Kevin, totally right. We've just watched a very well run club win another trophy. I'd prefer the glory of trophies to the glory of signing players like Coutinho. Tielemans has been exceptional since he was about 16/17 and available when he went to Monaco and again when he went to Leicester. But you have to buy these world class players before they make the big time - because we can't afford him now.
97 Posted 15/05/2021 at 19:36:47
Jay at 85 sums it up neatly for anyone who didnt watch the game.
Kevin Prytherch
98 Posted 15/05/2021 at 19:38:40
Exactly Robert, it’s not as if the likes of Tielmans and Maddison were secrets, they were well known but most clubs would rather gamble on a so called proven player than a younger one starting to shine.

To think, we spent over £70m on two proven midfielders in Schneiderlin and Sigurdsson whilst Leicester were buying these two.

Michael Boardman
99 Posted 15/05/2021 at 19:41:01
We beat Leicester to Sigurdsson, Kevin (not sure whether the fee and / or wages influenced this).
Ian Edwards
100 Posted 15/05/2021 at 19:41:33
Everton could be challenging for Cup finals. Man for man, we are as good as Leicester. Except for the manager.

Rodgers tries to win games. Ancelotti tries not to lose them. Bravery trumps cowardice every time.

Steve Brown
101 Posted 15/05/2021 at 19:46:32
Honestly, Ian. What game did you watch? Leicester played a deep back line all game and tried to get Chelsea on the counter or set piece. Sound familiar?
James Flynn
102 Posted 15/05/2021 at 19:47:15
Man for man, Leicester is obviously, clearly, distinctly better than we are.

Ian Edwards
103 Posted 15/05/2021 at 19:49:14
I disagree James. DCL as good as Vardy. Richarlison as good as Maddison. Pickford as good as Schmichal, Digne as good as Thomas, Godfrey as good as Soyuncu. I could go on.
Ian Edwards
104 Posted 15/05/2021 at 19:50:39
Steve. Rodgers never took off all his forwards and attacking midfielders to put on defenders and defensive midfielders.
105 Posted 15/05/2021 at 19:51:45
Ian, I don’t like Ancelotti any more than you do, but you don’t half set yourself up,... Rodgers is a twat!
106 Posted 15/05/2021 at 20:02:14
I'm not one for stats, as stats don't win you football matches. I thought before the game that Chelsea would win, and win quite comfortably by 2 or 3 goals.

The stats show that Chelsea had nearly twice as much possession, twice as many shots, three times as many attempts on target; Leicester had one shot on target which flew in and deserved to win any game, and more than twice the amount of corners. I'm not made up that Leicester won, just as I wouldn't have been if Chelsea had won.

I kind of hope that Chelsea miss out on the Chamopions League after they fucked up against Arsenal, and maybe they have been pinning all their hopes on winning this season's Champions League?

107 Posted 15/05/2021 at 20:02:24
Ian

Be patient. Mankind waited 500 million years for Everton to win our first trophy in 1890. What’s 25 years by comparison?

Ian Horan
108 Posted 15/05/2021 at 20:03:56
So Chelsea's 'Big 6' card didn't work on VAR, then.
109 Posted 15/05/2021 at 20:04:25
I never watched that game, Ian, but just came in now and seen the goal with the commentator saying it was Leicester's only shot today?

I honestly thought we were as good as Leicester by the end of Silva's first season, but we lost Zouma and Gueye, and signed a very young Moise Kean. Whilst they've pushed on, we've had to change manager again.

I'm not sure Ancelotti would have stood for that transfer window that Everton gave Silva then, and I think after this summer's transfer window, it will be easier to judge Ancelotti, Ian.

Everton have just won or equaled their most ever away games in a season, I think? And they've achieved it by being hard to beat. It's the games in which we have opened up and tried to play that have been the problem, imo, which actually means Everton do better when Ancelotti has them trying not to lose the game!

Stan Schofield
110 Posted 15/05/2021 at 20:05:11
I think people need to get a grip when it comes to Leicester. They're a good midtable side. They're 3rd in the Premier League with a good season for them, but they are still a habitually midtable side. Like we are a midtable side.

When supporting a club, including Everton, disappointment about results inevitably causes hype of other, comparably midtable, clubs who happen to be playing well.

It's quite sad that some Evertonians seem to want us to be like Leicester. Man City... yes; Leicester, get a grip.

Well done to them for winning the FA Cup, but don't use it as an excuse to go all football-depressive about Everton. You're simply falling into line with the media bias towards them. Get real.

Brent Stephens
111 Posted 15/05/2021 at 20:12:19
Kieran "Mankind waited 500 million years for Everton to win our first trophy in 1890".

So you're the one in the Gwladys Street end with knuckles dragging on the floor?! I bet you've got some tales to tell about those (very) early games.

Sam Hoare
112 Posted 15/05/2021 at 20:19:50
Why on earth would we not want to be like Leicester?! They've won the Premier League and the FA Cup in the last few years and will be competing with an excellent and quite young squad in the Champions League next season. They absolutely represent the next rung on the ladder we should be aiming for.

On similar (or less?) resources, they have assembled a better squad with much better potential. They bought Tielemans, Pereira, Maddison, Justin, Iheanacho, Fofana, Soyuncu and Ndidi. We bought Sigurdsson, Bolasie, Keane, Schneiderlin, Klaassen, Tosun, Gomes, Iwobi etc.

They've been a better run club. Simple as.

Ian Pilkington
114 Posted 15/05/2021 at 20:54:29
Stan @110 – Interesting comments about Leicester.

On the last day of the 2003-04 season, I was in the Lake District and had to rely on Radio 5 to get the results. We lost 5-1 at Manchester City, allowing City to finish one place above us. It was our fourth defeat in row, we finished 17th with the lowest pro rata points total in our history... and yes, Moyes was in charge. I was livid.

During the phone-in, an Evertonian came on to vent his anger about a disgraceful performance and a shameful end to the season.

A Leicester fan came on next. They had already been relegated the previous weekend, yet he cheerfully said that was he looking forward to away matches at Plymouth, Rotherham and Reading again in the Championship.

Since then, Leicester have won the Premier League and today, the FA Cup, whilst we are still waiting for the glory days to return, but they will never be remotely as big a club as Everton.

115 Posted 15/05/2021 at 21:00:30
I've just seen a picture of the Leicester owner with his eyes closed, and his arms wrapped tightly around that beautiful FA Cup, and it looked like he was probably thinking about his late father.

It made me smile, it made me sad, and it made me shiver, and that's why that famous trophy is such a special symbol of English football, so enjoy your evening Leicester, because the FA Cup is a competition like no other imo, and yet Tuesday's league game between these two sides is obviously bi££er... 😢

116 Posted 15/05/2021 at 21:05:05
Tony, it's definitely a game that Chelsea have to win because, if they lose, they will almost certainly miss out on the Champions League next season. I think Man City will beat them in this season's final, a game which could be the only route for Chelsea to next season's Champions League.
117 Posted 15/05/2021 at 21:08:00
I think Man City will beat Chelsea, Rob.

My perfect scenario is a Chelsea win and Liverpool finish 4th.

118 Posted 15/05/2021 at 21:10:58
If that happens, will Liverpool not qualify, Thomas?
119 Posted 15/05/2021 at 21:15:25
They won't, Tony. Demoted to Europa League.

I've got a spare Chelsea scarf if you want to borrow it in three weeks.

120 Posted 15/05/2021 at 21:25:10
I'm hoping Allardyce gets a result against them tomorrow, Thomas, if I'm being honest. But you know how much they hate Man City nowadays, so it would be funny to see the phoney bastards rooting for them, and then seeing them fuck-up to another team they really hate!
121 Posted 15/05/2021 at 21:25:48
Richard, are you sure about that? I'm sure I read somewhere recently that England could have up to five teams in next season's Champions League, so what would need to happen for that too occur?
122 Posted 15/05/2021 at 21:27:26
Halligan, you on the Stella 😁😁

I'm sure I read only four clubs allowed from one country. Winner takes preference over 4th place team.

Brent Stephens
123 Posted 15/05/2021 at 21:28:46
Tony #115 wonderful post. As I watched the post-match celebrations I was transported back to the 1966 cup final (ask yer old man!): the despondency at half-time; the hope when we scored our first; the "could we?" reaction on equalising; the ecstacy when we got the winner. The FA cup still does it for me.

It was great today to hear a real live crowd responding, as opposed to the simulated crowd noise on "covid broadcasts".

Mike Connolly
124 Posted 15/05/2021 at 21:29:52
Spot on Sam and Leicester did not bottle out like we did against Chelsea in the final. Stan 110 don't worry about us wanting to play like Leicester we'll be looking further down the league the way we have played this season.
125 Posted 15/05/2021 at 21:30:05
Stella equivalent, Richard!! Could have sworn I read it somewhere though. However, I'll trust you. 👍👍👍
126 Posted 15/05/2021 at 21:34:09
I believe Phil Roberts's piece "Do We Really Want European Football in 2021-22?" shows accurately how it all plays out in qualification.
127 Posted 15/05/2021 at 21:35:42
If it happens, Rob, I promise you copious amounts of whatever alcohol you require.
Ian Horan
128 Posted 15/05/2021 at 21:36:40
The comparisons between Everton and Leicester are flawed, the starting points of both supporters are poles apart.

The year they won the Premier League, the bookies had them at 5000/1. It was a perfect storm for them. Their supporters' aspiration at the time was "Let's just stay in the League."

We, on the other hand, feel we are football royalty who should be competing every year this despite 20-odd years of being "plucky little Everton" with no investment and a "buy to sell" MO.

We are not going to compete overnight, we need stability and strategic investment as opposed to the managers Moshiri has trusted with a "kid in a candy shop", spending all Moshiri's money.

I envy Leicester today for the joy and happiness their fans have had over the last 5 to 6 years. But today is their first ever FA Cup success.

I don't believe we have ever been a member of the Big 5 or 6 other than when backed by John Moores riches. Maybe if we are more realistic in our standing, we would be less frustrated and argumentative with each other.

129 Posted 15/05/2021 at 21:39:58
I'm probably going to jinx this but West Ham being held 0-0 at the Amex... Is that the infamous "results are going our way again" again?
Brent Stephens
130 Posted 15/05/2021 at 21:41:56
Brighton ahead!
131 Posted 15/05/2021 at 21:42:15
Brighton lead 1-0!!

Thomas you might live to regret that promise!!

132 Posted 15/05/2021 at 21:42:15
Ooops... just got even better!

Brighton 1-0 West Ham (Wellbeck, 85')

133 Posted 15/05/2021 at 21:42:22
Michael -

I'm quite sure if that game finishes in a draw, we'll find a way to completely fuck it up tomorrow.

Every time hope springs, Everton kick you in the balls.

I feel it incumbent upon me to end with UTFT.

134 Posted 15/05/2021 at 21:42:45
Or if Brighton win
135 Posted 15/05/2021 at 21:44:59
Jamie, what's happened?

I thought you were the fount of all that good old American positivity. Has The Donald's demise finally hit home?

136 Posted 15/05/2021 at 21:45:20
Fuck, 1-1.
Ray Roche
137 Posted 15/05/2021 at 21:45:51
Mike @124.

Mike, ‘bottle out against Chelsea'? The Cup Final I saw featured an Everton team devoid of Centre half and Captain Jagielka, midfield maestro Arteta and Leading scorer Yakubu. I also saw Hibbert booked after seven minutes by a shithouse referee, leaving Hibbert bricking it every time he made a tackle. He was subsequently subbed at half-time. Take the spine out of Chelsea's team that day and give us ours back and it would have been a different outcome.

But hey, don't miss a chance to slag the club off, eh?

138 Posted 15/05/2021 at 21:45:58
If it stays like this and we can win 20-0 tomorrow, we might also stay ahead of Spurs if they beat Wolves.
139 Posted 15/05/2021 at 21:47:03
Haha. No Michael. Everton happened. Again this season, for my what? 15th in a row?

I'm quickly becoming the 'Merican Bitter Blue. Only difference between me and the natives is NBC and a firearm. 😜

140 Posted 15/05/2021 at 21:47:48
Well said Ray.
141 Posted 15/05/2021 at 21:53:31
Well we could be above West ham before they play again.

Note, I did say "Could be".

142 Posted 15/05/2021 at 21:54:02
Five nil win tomorrow night will get us close to West Ham’s goal difference, but only if Spurs can win, which will help to keep the pressure off our players!
Barry Hesketh
143 Posted 15/05/2021 at 21:56:16
If Chelsea wins the CL but end up in fifth place, they will enter the CL next season joined by the top four sides in England. Remember the rules changed in 2005.
Ray Roche
144 Posted 15/05/2021 at 21:56:56
Rob @140,

I don't comment much nowadays, Rob, because I'm sick of the negativity and slagging off of the club that is a regular feature in every thread. I'm banned from the Live Forum for calling a poster a ‘miserable twat', something I'm quite proud of. (The same poster went squealing to the mods causing my ban!)

This site is like an undertakers convention these days with just a handful of intelligent, considered posts amid a shed full of bile-laden, thoughtless crap. True Blues like yourself, the Abrahams etc are sadly in the minority. Keep flying the flag.👍🏻

145 Posted 15/05/2021 at 21:57:30
Rob, "Could" = 7-0 tomorrow! You're an optimist!
146 Posted 15/05/2021 at 22:00:48
Ray, wow. I didn't know one could be banned from the Live Forum for spicy language only. I got a warning once for excessive civility. Must try harder.
147 Posted 15/05/2021 at 22:01:26
Ray, I know exactly who you are talking about and totally agree with you. Just one question though, how can you be banned from the Live Forum, but not the main threads?
149 Posted 15/05/2021 at 22:05:27
It's sad to think that there are some snitches amongst us, so no wonder you was quite proud, Ray, actually calling someone out, even before he went and told his tales!

I thought you was going to ask how can you be banned from the Live Forum for telling the truth, Rob, because only a miserable bastard would go and snitch to the moderators imho, mate.

150 Posted 15/05/2021 at 22:06:41
Yeah Ray. Copious amounts of alcohol will be winging itself your way from Thomas if you do!!
151 Posted 15/05/2021 at 22:09:10
Will #145. I didn't want to say we will be above West Ham before they play again, because you just know the negative comments that would have been posted.
Ray Roche
152 Posted 15/05/2021 at 22:09:25
And I’d welcome it Rob.🍷
Cheers lads.
155 Posted 15/05/2021 at 22:12:16
Ray,

I'm apologizing for my negativity, but would note it's very recent.

It's the lost opportunity that really gets me down this season.

But I promise at some point, who knows maybe these last few games, the sun will be shinning out my ass and I'll be shitting rainbows.

156 Posted 15/05/2021 at 22:12:40
Spurs play Leicester last game, who will probably need to win. So, like Ancellotti's already said, this should go right down to the wire, if we can hopefully just win our home games.
Barry Hesketh
157 Posted 15/05/2021 at 22:14:44
We could have done without that late equaliser for the Hammers, as they only have to play West Brom and Southampton, which means we'll probably have to win every remaining match by large margins to end up above them. So we'll have to better Spurs' and Arsenal's results in the remaining games to get into Europe.
158 Posted 15/05/2021 at 22:18:03
Tony, it's just like the little school kid who goes and snitches on you to the teacher because you stole his sweets. Miserable sod!
159 Posted 15/05/2021 at 22:25:17
West Ham are now very catchable.
160 Posted 15/05/2021 at 22:25:45
Ray

Undertakers conventions? Full of stiffs, claustrophobic environment too, you feel boxed in.

Sorry, I'll stop there.

161 Posted 15/05/2021 at 22:32:29
Colin,

After all these 1-0s we are due for a few goals. 6-0 would do the nicely.

After all the talk of goal difference, I bet the West Ham manager, whoever he is, would be in a dour mood if we pipped them on goal difference!

Mike Gaynes
162 Posted 15/05/2021 at 22:36:27
Ray #144, if you're not fully restored, I'm resigning. I won't traverse this site without you. You're an original and an irreplaceable.
163 Posted 15/05/2021 at 22:46:33
Kieran, do you mean the genius so many on here talk about so fondly and with moist eyes?
Kevin Prytherch
164 Posted 15/05/2021 at 22:57:27
Colin – don't confuse an appreciation of what Moyes has done in the transfer market at West Ham, with anyone wanting him back at the club.

Two totally different things.

Don Alexander
165 Posted 15/05/2021 at 22:59:13
If you partake on TW, you should adopt the most well-known maxim of Harry S Truman as far as I'm concerned Ray, as you do.

If anyone's wondering (and before you go scryking to the mods), Harry S was a very good USA president who, on hearing some of his staff were hurt by some wimpish criticism, told them, "If you can't stand the heat, stay outta the kitchen!"

Well said, sir!

Don Alexander
166 Posted 15/05/2021 at 23:06:15
I watched the FA Cup Final and I am watching MotD. Is it me, or will this new-fangled habit of players scoring from outside the area ever catch on with us?
167 Posted 15/05/2021 at 23:12:15
Moyes is a serial bottler, Kevin. He might have a good eye for a bargain but he’s not a winner and never will be!

Saying that, I hope he puts in a bid for Iwobi. Ten bob and a packet of cheese and onion should do it.

Ian Pilkington
168 Posted 15/05/2021 at 23:50:41
Ian @128,

Never been a Top 5 or 6 club, apart from when we were backed by John Moores?

Then how come we are the fourth most successful club in English football history?

Mike Doyle
169 Posted 15/05/2021 at 00:02:26
Don @166,

I was thinking (along similar lines) who, in our current squad, could have scored that goal – which reminded me of Bobby Charlton vs Portugal?

I don't think any of them could. The last player we had who could have scored it was probably Leighton Baines.

Ian Horan
170 Posted 16/05/2021 at 00:26:56
IP @168, The Moores family backed Everton through the '60s, '70s and I think, to a slightly lesser degree, the '80s. Everton's successes have tended to come in batches: 60s and mid 80s, point in question. Since the Moores family stepped away from Everton, we have a solitary 1995 FA Cup win.

I am a lifetime Toffee and, at 58, I cannot see us having sustained success due to the petroleum fuel clubs... we may have a few days in the sunshine again but never 5 to 10 years of sustained success.

I have got to the stage of low expectations to help my blood pressure and I try to enjoy other parts of life as opposed to constantly getting pissed off with the team

James Flynn
171 Posted 16/05/2021 at 01:37:06
Why I read the threads. The randomness of near boatsful imbecility:

"Harry S was a very good USA president"

No wonder you don't want anyone to check behind you.

He was a hack out of the Kansas City Pendergast political machine who got to be VP because it was Pendergast's turn.

The best description of old "Give em Hell Harry" was the most accurate. "To err is Truman"

Fuck me, Harry Truman in ToffeeWeb.

173 Posted 16/05/2021 at 01:48:05
James Flynn,

I've been to his library, it's pretty boring compared with Eisenhower's (better man better President).

I remember watching a documentary about Truman being an arse hole. They showed him in August 1945 joking about then throwing a baseball which then cut to the mushroom cloud over Hiroshima. I guess it wasn't so much a documentary as a Soviet propaganda film but it was a good show.

Despite his famous quips, he was a puppet for the mob.

James Flynn
174 Posted 16/05/2021 at 03:21:50
Speaking of FA Cup Finals:

Hyde Park right before the FA Cup Final where Everton beat Sheffield Wednesday 3-2.

Link

Any of you or friends in that picture?

James Flynn
175 Posted 16/05/2021 at 03:59:40
Kieran, not really here or there on old Harry.

It was this gem, "Harry S was a very good USA president", I couldn't resist.

Steve Brown
176 Posted 16/05/2021 at 04:34:49
Ian @ 103, Leicester has one shot on target and 36% possession in the game. They took off Iheanacho (forward) and replaced him with Maddison (attacking midfielder) and Ayoze Perez (attacking midfielder) for Choudhury (defensive midfielder).
178 Posted 16/05/2021 at 08:17:31
Interesting one will be whether Rodgers truly believes in the Leicester "project" or, if a big name / brand comes calling, he jumps. I see Tottenham rumours...

Don't get me wrong: Leicester epitomise what we all want to see.

But a name like Tottenham comes calling... what does he do?

179 Posted 16/05/2021 at 08:59:58
When I look at that picture of the Leicester owner, Danny, I think Rodgers would have to be a complete fool if he was to leave The Foxes now.

Editorial Team
180 Posted 16/05/2021 at 10:17:08
Ray @144,

Just to adjust the record slightly here: you went far beyond "miserable twat". I think you knew the rules about personal attacks. It seems you flouted those rules deliberately; you were happy to be banned from the Live Forum – something as you say, you're quite proud of. Glad we could oblige.

In your defence, you say you don't like 'negativity'. Sorry but that comes across as something of a catch-all to label anything that is considered being not 'supportive' of the club. For me, it's a bit too close to the 'woke' plea of "being offended" and the cultural cleansing that ensues.

Your characterization of posts to the site is strange and not one that I recognize. It's a public forum for diverse opinions but you're not the first to stumble over that, and I'm sure you won't be the last.

Sorry, but we will continue to try to provide a space for views and opinions about Everton (and other remotely related topics) that do not constitute personal attacks on other supporters.

181 Posted 16/05/2021 at 11:57:32
Good point that negativity, can be a two way thing Michael, and I hope that's why Darren H, has not been posting for the last couple of weeks.

I don't think that Darren fancies Ancelotti, but at least he puts up his reasoning why. But constantly arguing over the same thing can be tedious, especially when people offer very little in their arguments, except contradictions, at times. Whilst this website is a fantastic voice for both the positive and the disgruntled, it can sometimes become tedious, although I've probably been guilty “to some” of this myself!

I enjoy it when I'm learning or when people are having a go at each other whilst offering logical arguments, because we are all Evertonians at the end of the day, but I suppose we won't be happy until we win something. 🤞

182 Posted 16/05/2021 at 12:33:46
That would be my view as well Tony Abrahams (179).

But, having aired my views on Rodgers previously it would not surprise me if a big logo came in and he took the bait.

Looking at the other thread / rumour, maybe he's even in the picture for project Bramley-Moore Dock?!!

Bill Gall
183 Posted 16/05/2021 at 14:51:46
Just realized, if we win today and Tottenham win due to our abysmal G/D we will stay in 8th place
184 Posted 16/05/2021 at 14:55:05
Now I am not a fan of the current offside rule but I support VAR. Was that one not scrutinosed because it was 'Arry Kane, darling of England?

I do like Coady. Proper captain and leader.

185 Posted 16/05/2021 at 14:57:34
Danny, according to the Sky commentator, it was well onside so no further action necessary. Looked very close to me though.
186 Posted 16/05/2021 at 14:59:39
Tony,

Gossip columns have Darren in a 3 week sabbatical in a monastery.An attempt to calm himself and find some tranquility.
He's butted the father and two brothers in the first week apparently.

187 Posted 16/05/2021 at 15:07:32
That's what I thought Rob, it looked close. Considering some of the hairpin toenail / thread of a shirt decisions we've seen this season (some in our favour I add), surprised they didn't look at that one more closely to make sure.
188 Posted 16/05/2021 at 16:02:16
Spuds win, even a win tonight keeps us eighth, or for the optimists,joint sixth.
Bill Gall
189 Posted 16/05/2021 at 16:11:56
If we were to gain the same number of points as West Ham with the same G/D would we go ahead of them Alphabetically.
Brian Williams
190 Posted 16/05/2021 at 16:14:04
Bill. Firstly it would go to number of goals scored.
Dale Self
191 Posted 16/05/2021 at 16:32:16
Cmon Baggies. Suck it Pool
192 Posted 16/05/2021 at 16:32:34
Huh, Mike "My two sons are RS season ticket holders" Dean in charge at the Hawthorns. Three points guaranteed for the RS then.
Ray Roche
193 Posted 16/05/2021 at 16:42:28
Michael@180

Personally I don't think my remarks went 'far beyond miserable twat', but that is your opinion and this is your site. If it's hurt the snowflake, tough. I'm offended by his constant whingeing.
Why not put a stop to that?
My beef was that the offending poster (to me) is on the Live Forum every week moaning about the team, Ancellotti, his cat, every damn thing. Myself, and others, were pissed off with his attitude-yes, his negative attitude- so I offered my opinion. That's all. Maybe slightly more forcefully than was necessary, in your opinion.
(And please, don't ever confuse me with the people who are offended by everything, or indulge in the 'cancel culture' that pervades so many forums.)
No, I advocate free speech. If the other poster can give his opinion, so can I. And I would appreciate it if you never use the word 'woke' again. Now THAT'S offensive.
What DID go far beyond the pale was a poster making veiled threats to report a fellow TW poster for 'bullying' on social media to his employers, the Post Office I believe. This is no doubt deemed acceptable. Not a 'personal attack' in any way

I can be as naffed off as the next person when we lose, but I will save my angst until the match is over, or very nearly over. Some posters stink the Live Forum out with a moaning diatribe from the moment the team is announced. Some posters, and we know who they are, are incapable of making a comment without slagging Kenwright off, the same Kenwright who is responsible for the pandemic, AIDS, and the acne the poster suffered as a teenager. Can't you see that this attitude is a turn off? It's not useful, it's not the cut and thrust of political debate. It's just sucking the light out of a good site.

I have recently asked a couple of my golfing buddies, both Blues, if they had read such and such an article on TW. Both said, without prompting, that they don't bother much now because of the moaning. I'm sure it's not just me that would like a more positive outlook on here.

Ray Roche
194 Posted 16/05/2021 at 16:45:08
PS.
I have also noted that Darren Hinds has been missing for some time. Darren is not in the category of poster I refer to above. Darren has an opinion. I don't always agree with him, but he HAS an opinion, he doesn't just moan for the sake of it.
Kevin Molloy
195 Posted 16/05/2021 at 16:45:25
Fatty will be drawing upon all of his powers of oratory to scrape a draw here today. He knows what he needs to do, spoil the game, and wind up his opposite number. This nil nil bore draw could well be his swan song, and there won't be a dry eye in the house if he manages it.
Dale Self
196 Posted 16/05/2021 at 16:46:15
FATSAMSTIC!
197 Posted 16/05/2021 at 16:52:05
1-0. Come on Sam!!
Steve Brown
199 Posted 16/05/2021 at 16:53:29
Hope Everton go for Pereira, really like him as a player.
Steve Brown
200 Posted 16/05/2021 at 16:54:24
Park that bloody bus!
201 Posted 16/05/2021 at 16:55:24
Ray # 193. Have to say mate, that is one dynamic post. Best one I've read in ages. I hope the person you are referring too (I know who you mean, and no doubt do most) is cringing in the corner of his wall filled posters of The Bay city Rollers, T. Rex and Wham!!
Brent Stephens
202 Posted 16/05/2021 at 17:00:12
Ray #193 - agree with so much of that. The negativity for negativity's sake makes me think twice about (and sometimes stops me) joining the Live Forum or other threads at times.
Mike Gaynes
203 Posted 16/05/2021 at 17:00:16
James and Kieran, the consensus of historians is that Truman was one of our ten best presidents. He was neither a puppet for the Mob or for anybody's political machine. He was an honorable, principled man who stepped into an impossible job and actually did it pretty well.

David McCullough wrote a splendid biography. You might check it out. Great read.

Brian Williams
204 Posted 16/05/2021 at 17:02:06
Ray#193.
Hear hear!

Hey Rob! I've got some of those posters you!!!

Mike Gaynes
205 Posted 16/05/2021 at 17:04:52
Ray #193-4, well said. Personally I just use the scroll button when certain people post.

I do, however, put Darren in the category of negative/unpleasant posters because, as intelligent as his opinions are, he is constitutionally unable to post one without insulting those who disagree with him.

206 Posted 16/05/2021 at 17:06:35
Brent, I very rarely join in on the live forum, I might post once or twice before the game, but that's about it. I don't even know how people can watch the game properly and be typing at the same time? Maybe that's why there's so much shite posted on there. The sooner we are allowed back into stadiums the better, because the amount of shite posted on there is unreal, and at least we can avoid looking at it when we're at the match.
207 Posted 16/05/2021 at 17:09:31
Damn, 1-1.
Brent Stephens
208 Posted 16/05/2021 at 17:12:16
I know what you mean, Rob. A small point - you can post without typing, by using voice recognition software.
Mike Gaynes
209 Posted 16/05/2021 at 17:12:22
Rob #206, I have some frog DNA. I've trained my eyeballs to look in two different directions at the same time.
210 Posted 16/05/2021 at 17:14:24
More-than-one-screen DNA works well too.
Brian Williams
211 Posted 16/05/2021 at 17:14:26
I would like to say I too scroll past certain posters posts but as MG posted that I can't coz he's one of the one's who's posts I scroll past. 🤣🤣🤣
Mike Gaynes
212 Posted 16/05/2021 at 17:24:02
Can't say I blame you, Brian. I scroll past my own posts.
213 Posted 16/05/2021 at 17:25:00
Short memory Mike?
Brent Stephens
214 Posted 16/05/2021 at 17:26:25
My posts are so poor I delete them before posting.
Brian Williams
215 Posted 16/05/2021 at 17:27:29
'Ello bro how are you?
Mike Gaynes
216 Posted 16/05/2021 at 17:28:34
Can't remember whether I do or don't, Thomas.
217 Posted 16/05/2021 at 17:29:38
Why was a free kick given in the build up to that goal?

Don't get me wrong, shocking defending and great finish but a free kick in the build up? Other than the referee getting in the way, I don't see it.

218 Posted 16/05/2021 at 17:30:04
Sorry Mike,

What were we talking about?

Editorial Team
219 Posted 16/05/2021 at 17:41:35
Come on, you guys, if there's shit on here you don't like, then for fuck's sake, flag it up!!! I think it's a valid gripe but, unless you give us something to work with... We'll look at it, and if we agree, we'll do something about it.

But all you ever do is say "I advocate free speech"... quickly followed by "Some posters stink the Live Forum out with a moaning diatribe from the moment the team is announced."

Can you hear yourselves? Which one is it you want, for fuck's sake? Because you can't have both. If you want it to be all rosy and smiles on here, then we will need to bin the bad apples.

Oh but then you bitch at Ian because he had the sense to call you out for stepping over the line!

You say "We know who they are" – but (other than Ian) I don't. And the last thing I'm gonna do – unless you take some responsibility here and actually flag these posts for us, rather than getting into it with them directly and getting yourself banned – is trawl through reams of shite to try to figure out who said what that pissed off whom.

If you've got a valid gripe, you have gotta name names. There's a facility on every post that lets you do it privately, so your misplaced anguish at being a tell-tale is protected. Sorry but I think it's the only way that things are gonna change... unless Lyndon does what he did with the General Forum and axes the whole kit and kaboodle. Which I totally disagree with as punishing everyone for problems created by a small (but vocal) minority.

220 Posted 16/05/2021 at 17:49:32
Mike @203,

Thanks for posting in response to Jimmy Flynn's diatribe. I had the feeling it was off base but didn't feel confident of my knowledge of Truman to respond myself. I see that book by David McCullough is available on Audible.

How did the move go? Where you headed to the Puget Sound or did you switch gears and go to Arizona to be with certain other famous Evertonians?

221 Posted 16/05/2021 at 17:50:51
You have gotta name names.

Im off if that starts.

222 Posted 16/05/2021 at 17:51:59
Well, as we're here I personally don't have a gripe with anyone on this website. It's a great forum and credit to Lyndon, Michael and all the other editors the contributors and posters for making it so.

It's a forum. A place for discussion. For exchanging opinion and debate. Some of that I will agree with. Some of it I don't. But offended? No. We all have similar views, we all have different views. We can discuss and debate them but get offended? Okay there are red lines if it becomes personal abuse but mostly we just passionately discuss Everton and football. Just as I would in a pub face-to-face, if I disagree and even argue with someone, we go our separate ways after that, agreeing to disagree.

The written word can sometimes be misinterpreted more than the spoken; don't take it to heart. Always take it in the spirit of how its meant. An opinion on the one thing we all agree on.

Everton.

David Cash
223 Posted 16/05/2021 at 17:57:44
Mike Gaynes 205.

There are people on this site that I know Dazza will never insult. He listens to the older poster and he will engage with the likes of Tony A, Rob Halagan and Barry.

You don't have to agree with him. However if you serve nasty shite over the net to him like you and a few others regularly do. You will get it back in spades. As he says. No attack. No retaliation

I think it riles a few that he never responds to them personally and I think you are most definitely one of them.

I have seen your responses to others like Marshy and I have seen you ignorant abuse of young players. So please don't wave the "unpleasant post" card

I like that you have such a knowledge of world football. But if TW does a poll for hypocritical post of the year. You already have my vote

I don't Know where the grumpy arl bastard s right now but I do know every single point he has made has been a valid one

224 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:01:12
Harsh offside that, Phillips in front of the bearded lady.
225 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:01:46
The Lord is my Shepherd.
226 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:03:06
Hang on! I've got the Penguins-Islanders game on and not paying a ton of attention to the shite.

Why the F was that goal disallowed??

Brian Williams
227 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:03:18
WBA second goal disallowed.
228 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:03:27
ToffeeWeb is a labor of love. Michael and Lyndon aren’t running a corporation making millions cashing in on controversy. They provide a free platform for fans to interact. People should realize when they make sweeping remarks denigrating the site based on posts they don’t like that it’s a slap in the face to the people who freely work hard to publish the site and manage it as best they can.
229 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:05:59
Nothing wrong with that West Brom goal. The player given offside was not in the bearded lady's eyeline.
Dave Abrahams
230 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:06:53
Jamie (225) ‘The Lord is my Shepard’ not just yet Jamie, but he’s still got about twenty minutes to help you, and loads on here, out. F B VAR.
231 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:07:16
How is that offside? Someone please explain to me. I like to think I have a decent understanding of the game despite the confusing offside rule!
Kevin Molloy
232 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:07:43
according to the beeb, 'it must have been disallowed cos of offside from a corner'.
Right.
233 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:08:20
Dave - 😜
234 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:09:10
Kevin -

You can't be offside from a corner! I realize you know this, but honestly - did El Beeb actually say that????

235 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:09:14
I can only think it was disallowed because West Brom scored.
Brian Williams
236 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:10:06
If you see the "goal" from behind the goal you can see plainky that a WBA player is directly between the shite's keeper and the player that headed the ball.
Harsh decision but right by the letter of the law I'm afraid.
237 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:10:26
Did the ball go out on the way in?

There's some metaphor with the above, I'll leave it alone.

238 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:12:14
Obstructed view then Brian? If that's the case I see that.
Brian Williams
239 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:13:02
Yeh Danny that was it mate.
Kevin Molloy
240 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:14:29
Jamie this is the stream pasted

"The decision stands and it must be because Alisson's vision was blocked by an offside player. I think it was Matt Phillips.

Kyle Bartley was definitely onside.

Read more about these links.

70 mins
DISALLOWED GOAL
West Brom 1-1 Liverpool

West Brom think they have a second from the corner when Kyle Bartley pokes it in from close range.

It's been ruled out for offside but he looked on. We should have a VAR check here...

Dale Self
241 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:14:46
A-Aness
242 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:18:57
What?
Kevin Molloy
243 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:22:31
no injuries, what do we think, six minutes extra?
244 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:23:00
Kevin -

WHAT??? Blocked his vision on a corner??? Players literally stand in front of the keeper on corners.

This definitely will give the Livershite conspiracy theorists gasoline to light a few fires.

245 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:24:04
Kevin. 10 minutes.

Dave Abrahams -

I'm starting my stroll through verdant pastures.

Brian Williams
246 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:24:17
Just checking the live table on the BBC website and we can actually go sixth.
Just a simple matter of beating SU by nineteen goals.
I can just see with Ancelotti's negative tactics that we'll probably only manage sixteen or seventeen.
247 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:25:32
Dave Abrahams -

A trap door opened up and I fell into hell.

248 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:26:27
Why oh why doesn't Fat Sam put someone on the back post there???

Fuck.

Joe McMahon
249 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:27:27
I don't fucking believe it. Nothing changes does it
250 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:27:43
Brian

There is precedent, we beat that Austrian pub team 21-0.

Derek Moore
251 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:28:09
Jesus, I'm drunk. But not drunk enough.

Alison nodding in the winner. Of course it was.

They had nothing to lose, went for it....there's surely not a lesson in there somewhere is there? Told you I was drunk.

Even in seasons the RS underperform their expectations - like this - they still manage to have memorable moments like this. I despise the bastards, but you have to admire the sheer luck if they have if nothing else.

Liverpool Football club could stick it's mouth in a bucket of shit and come up with a moutful of diamonds, as the saying goes. Time for a stiff drink I think.

Brian Williams
252 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:29:38
True Kieran but after what's just happened at WB it would appear Satan is wide awake and at it.
Mike Doyle
253 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:30:30
Joe 249] You are right. Yet again. the Devil looks after his own.
254 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:32:52
I have no religion but them twats have done a deal with the devil.
How can a club have so much luck after the history of death and mayhem they caused.
Beyond belief.
Colin Metcalfe
255 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:32:58
It must be great to support a team that have a will to win even down to last seconds, to be born a blue is a curse
256 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:33:54
Only them. Only them.
257 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:34:10
Brian, I just thought the same. The devil does not wear Prada, he wears an RS strip.
258 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:35:10
Thomas/Colin

It’s not as bad as usual. Despite the wild celebrations they’re trophyless this season and this result leaves them in the stratospheric fifth place.

259 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:35:24
Colin, they may have the will but they sure as hell have the running.
Dave Abrahams
260 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:37:09
Is the time taken to judge VA fuckin’R added on to the ninety minutes at the end of the game, if it is it won the game for those bastards, and some people still don’t believe they are in league with Satan, even Klopp and those on the bench along with those on the field couldn’t believe they’d been saved, I, personally, don’t believe Satan helps Liverpool, the bastard does it to persecute us.
261 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:39:53
Dave :)
Joe McMahon
262 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:41:04
Kiran, that makes bog all difference when I'm constantly reminded how many trophies they have won since our FA Cup 95. Not to mention "yous lot never played in Champions League have ya" Woodison jokes etc.
After many years it's gets weary.
263 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:41:56
Dave, I'm still holding my Vatican and Bethlehem Rosary Beads
264 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:42:41
I know Joe, it was the best attempt at a brave face I could muster
265 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:46:53
The devil still cheats and wins more souls, but the lord is still doing his best. I hate Liverpool, but that Allison interview is very genuine and sincere, because he’s just been thankful to everyone who got in touch, after he tragically lost his father. He has just showed a lot of humility, and as much as I want Liverpool to fail, if someone is genuine, sometimes it’s better to applaud.
266 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:49:03
Did you applaud Tony
Mike Doyle
267 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:49:17
Kieran 258] the sad thing is - looking at the fixtures - they’ll probably get 3rd place.
268 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:51:02
Mike

You’re probably right with VVD as player of the year

269 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:51:20
Right off to watch the match. All the best blues and see you on the other side.
Brian Williams
270 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:55:18
Time to forget those fuckers and will us on to a 19-0 win!
Dave Abrahams
271 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:57:12
Tony (265), Tony, I’ve watched Allison and listened to him sometimes, and that’s what he always comes across as, a very genuine fella, and he seems to be one of those people who is very easy to like. A bit like Kenwright!!!
272 Posted 16/05/2021 at 18:58:42
Of course not Thomas, I can’t watch Liverpool because it usually ends bad, but I might as well have because when “goal” flashed on sky sports news, I just knew it was bad news. The woman reporter looked overwhelmed, so I didn’t even listen, (sometimes we just know) and when Allison got interviewed after the game I was only half concentrating, until I heard him getting emotional and start thanking people including Ancellotti and Everton, and you couldn’t help but think how hard it must have been for him to tragically lose his father, whilst living in a different continent.🙏
273 Posted 16/05/2021 at 19:36:44
Apologies Tony.

I posted in anger earlier mate.
Something I should not do.
I am not learning as I get older when it comes to them

274 Posted 16/05/2021 at 21:16:03
You know the score Thomas, you had nothing at all to apologise for, but if we hate Liverpool, it’s even more worrying how much Everton, have got me feeling indifferent tonight mate, because if it was painful Liverpool scoring with the last kick of the ball, then it was a lot more painful watching Everton get outplayed by a relegated team tonight, with not even a care in the world shown by our millionaire footballers, who appeared clueless.
275 Posted 16/05/2021 at 22:25:34
100 % Tony.

A disgrace to the shirt.
A sickner mate.