Reader Comments (97)

Rob Halligan
1 Posted 17/06/2021 at 17:03:53
Denmark ahead against Belgium inside two minutes. Crisp finish by Poulsen from about sixteen yards.
Michael Kenrick
2 Posted 17/06/2021 at 17:04:57
Well, that was a terrible start for Belgium. What an awful goal to give up!

Still... might now see some expansive attacking from the Belgians. Here's to them scoring on 10 mins!

Rob Halligan
3 Posted 17/06/2021 at 17:07:01
Denmark all over Belgium like a rash! Could have scored again.
Michael Kenrick
4 Posted 17/06/2021 at 17:12:18
Ridiculous. Get on with the bloody football.
Rob Halligan
5 Posted 17/06/2021 at 17:13:16
Wow, game stopped in the tenth minute, with both teams and the fans having a minutes applause for Eriksen. Touching moment. 👋👋👋
Rob Halligan
6 Posted 17/06/2021 at 17:14:32
Miserable bastard!! 😁😁😁
Ian Bennett
7 Posted 17/06/2021 at 17:14:58
Martinez defending like Martinez does. Fucking dreadful.
Michael Kenrick
8 Posted 17/06/2021 at 17:18:08
Good to see our Jarrad getting himself in dangerous positions... Oh, hang on.

Mike Gaynes
9 Posted 17/06/2021 at 17:39:13
This young kid Damsgaard is most impressive. Plays at Sampdoria. Worth a look for us I think.
Michael Kenrick
10 Posted 17/06/2021 at 18:13:22
Excellent goal construction!
Danny O’Neill
11 Posted 17/06/2021 at 18:14:03
Enter the escape room. Couldn't get to watch this one earlier but switched on to see an absolutely fantastic move leading to a goal.

How's this one been?

Mike Gaynes
12 Posted 17/06/2021 at 18:14:15
Virtually no celebration from Belgium. Classy.
David Pearl
13 Posted 17/06/2021 at 18:14:43
Yeah what a goal that was. De Bruyne for player manager!
Danny O’Neill
14 Posted 17/06/2021 at 18:29:18
Another great move. Another great goal.
Michael Kenrick
15 Posted 17/06/2021 at 18:29:26
Oh my gawd... utterly brilliant!

Absolutely gorgeous strike from De Bruyne!

Watch and learn and just see if you can at least try that, Dominic. After all, what the fuck else have you been doing at Finch Farm all fucking season?

Rob Halligan
16 Posted 17/06/2021 at 18:30:03
Brilliant second goal for Belgium.
Mike Gaynes
17 Posted 17/06/2021 at 18:30:43
And another appropriate celebration. Well done Belgium. In all ways.
Brent Stephens
18 Posted 17/06/2021 at 18:30:50
WOW Debruyne. Lukaku. Brilliant
Danny O’Neill
19 Posted 17/06/2021 at 18:31:14
Said it before. De-Bruyne is my favourite player in football right now. Credit Lukaku in the build up there.
Conor McCourt
20 Posted 17/06/2021 at 18:31:29
Ian@7-Martinez attacking like Martinez does. Fucking amazing
Brent Stephens
21 Posted 17/06/2021 at 18:32:21
Lukaku a key role in both goals.
David Pearl
22 Posted 17/06/2021 at 18:34:24
Martinez attacking like Martinez does...
Michael Kenrick
23 Posted 17/06/2021 at 18:34:34
Should have controlled that and taken it onward... shows he's not quite perfect!
Mike Gaynes
24 Posted 17/06/2021 at 18:37:00
Imagine standing on the touchline directing a team with this extraordinary, once-in-a-lifetime talent.

Would anybody rational leave behind players like this to manage Iwobi, Holgate and Bernard?

The mere idea seems borderline insane.

Michael Kenrick
25 Posted 17/06/2021 at 18:39:34
How many fuckers have they let in to this stadium? Honestly, our draconian dumbfucker Government really needs sacking off over these ridiculous Covid restrictions.

Freedom for the Double Jabbed! We want Vaccination Passports!!!

David Pearl
26 Posted 17/06/2021 at 18:43:23
Freedom for the double jabbed indeed!! £87.50 to have a fit to fly test on top of the flight.
Danny O’Neill
27 Posted 17/06/2021 at 18:45:04
Yep, if you have the players. We need better players regardless of manager.

Yes Michael, I agree on the vaccine thing.

Obviously still time to go, but I had Denmark as my dark horse, but given what's happened to them and losing their best player in almost tragic and awful circumstances, it doesn't seem to be.

Colin Glassar
28 Posted 17/06/2021 at 18:46:31
Mike, most managers, worth their weight in salt, would cream themselves to manage a prodigy like Iwobi. A managers dream I've been told😉
Tony Abrahams
29 Posted 17/06/2021 at 18:48:36
I personally think it's insane wanting Martinez back Mike G.
Mike Gaynes
30 Posted 17/06/2021 at 18:49:32
Wasn't a bad call, Danny. Apart from the Eriksen horror, the fact is that Denmark outshot Finland 23-1 on Saturday and played the #1 team in the world off its boots in the first half today. Very talented and well-coached side. Massively unlucky to be going 0-2.

Tony #29, agreed but that's an entirely different subject. Personally I can't understand the rumor either way, but what do I know.

Heehee, Colin, I knew if you were here that the mere mention of your hero would bring you out!

Michael Kenrick
31 Posted 17/06/2021 at 18:51:15
And they've really tried hard in the last 10 minutes.
Brian Williams
32 Posted 17/06/2021 at 18:53:12
I think the turnaround by Belgium coincided with the news at half time that BBS is jacking it in as manager to manage Everton! 😳
Michael Kenrick
33 Posted 17/06/2021 at 18:53:30
Does that mean the Danes have all three group games at home? That don't seem right...
Danny O’Neill
34 Posted 17/06/2021 at 18:54:57
A lot of good players coming out of Denmark right now Mike.

I wouldn't say quite on the same scale of Nuno and Wolves' Portugal model, but Brentford's recent progression and elevation to the Premier League is pretty much built on Danish foundations, manager included.

Mike Gaynes
35 Posted 17/06/2021 at 18:59:06
Netherlands also, Michael.

Agreed, Danny, and I've not seen this kid Damsgaard before, but I'd like to see us go after him.

Colin Glassar
36 Posted 17/06/2021 at 18:59:34
All I can say Mike is, if Benitez is our next manager those three are the first out of the door. He does demand a minimum of effort from his players.
Tony Abrahams
37 Posted 17/06/2021 at 19:10:20
Don't England play all three games at Wembley?

Wise words Mike, it is a different subject, but I suppose it's anyone but Benitez for most Evertonians right now.

Mike Gaynes
38 Posted 17/06/2021 at 19:10:59
Roberto saying his team was "shell-shocked" by Denmark's emotion and the fan intensity the first 20 minutes. Credit to his team for a fine comeback.

Per ESPN, Belgium has never before come from behind to win a game at the Euros.

Barry Hesketh
39 Posted 17/06/2021 at 19:14:00
Mike @38,

Only Wales prior to today had gained anything after falling behind, so Belgium became the first team in the tournament to win after going behind – well that's according to Clive Tyldesley at least.

Thomas Richards
40 Posted 17/06/2021 at 19:14:20
Good win for Belgium in difficult circumstances.
They won't win the trophy imo.
Great going forward.
Thier defense is wide open.
Brian Murray
41 Posted 17/06/2021 at 19:15:27
No doubt we are hovering about to swoop for one of these on show just as he's holding the shirt up of his new club. What the Fck are you doing brands. You don't need a manager to do your job. Get the players in
Will Mabon
42 Posted 17/06/2021 at 19:19:57
"Freedom for the Double Jabbed! We want Vaccination Passports!!!"

From a few weeks to "Flatten the curve", to two lots of chemical that guarantee nothing... 'cept for costs and more of the same.

No to passports. Freedom is being left alone.

Dale Self
43 Posted 17/06/2021 at 19:22:38
I told you months ago the vax passports would be attacked for imposing on neanderthal freedom.
Tony Abrahams
44 Posted 17/06/2021 at 19:23:50
Those Jocks don't need vaccination passports to go to London, so I just wonder how many jibbers get into Wembley tomorrow night.
Will Mabon
45 Posted 17/06/2021 at 19:24:43
Thought it was a great game. We'll never know if the shock to Denmark influenced their loss to Finland. They deserve to progress if they can play like that regularly.

Thomas, who do you think will win, then?

Mike Gaynes
46 Posted 17/06/2021 at 19:25:01
I'd put a fiver on that, Thomas. I say Italy is the only team that can possibly beat them. Nobody else is playing well enough.
Will Mabon
47 Posted 17/06/2021 at 19:36:58
"Neanderthal".

Freedom is just so old hat, eh?

Dale Self
48 Posted 17/06/2021 at 19:41:43
What would you prefer? I admit that is a little inflammatory but I'm struggling to believe that freedom is all the other side is concerned with.
Mike Gaynes
49 Posted 17/06/2021 at 19:50:00
Will, your definition of freedom isn't universal. Others define it differently. Some folks believe vax passports would enhance our freedom, not restrict it. The regular kind of passports certainly do.
David Pearl
50 Posted 17/06/2021 at 19:58:31
Koeman is there, scouting Dumfries and Stekelenberg.
David Pearl
51 Posted 17/06/2021 at 20:04:33
Mike, it would enhance the freedom of those that believe in the vax and had it. I know quite a few that refuse to have it. Too many. Just showing l have had both should be enough now.

I'm also 60% down on business from last year. Good times!

John Cook
52 Posted 17/06/2021 at 20:07:44
Slow on the uptake I know but just realised 3 goalkeepers who play/played for the blues in the Euros: Stekelenberg, Olsen and Pickford. If nothing else, we can pick a goalie!
Will Mabon
53 Posted 17/06/2021 at 20:09:53
Dale, it really is a huge topic. There have been threads before on TW and it all leads to the same result.

I can only repeat what I've said in the past; people should spend time to research beyond mainstream narratives. Things are not how they are presented, and the time for blind trust in the system has passed.

Just the opinion of a "Nutty conspiracy theorist" that warned of vaccines and passports from day one, and was flamed from all directions (I don't mean here). Only to hear the same people willingly absorb the concept later, once the telly has told them of it.

Mike - people's perception of freedom has been and is being, worked upon hugely. One of the freest countries I ever lived in, your country, is coming under the cosh from all angles internally. It's a huge thing and it's not by accident.

I repeat - my recommendation is that people look beyond the curtain, look big and look deep. But just my opinion. Each, for now, is free to their own.

David Pearl
54 Posted 17/06/2021 at 20:15:35
Ihavanic
Dale Self
55 Posted 17/06/2021 at 20:17:02
Will, it would seem you and I are at odds on this and I actually am not looking for action here. I just get a bit perturbed, or triggered one might say, when concepts like freedom are bandied about without really thinking through the use of that particular term.

The libertarian freedom to do what they wish while affecting others is not freedom. Anytime there is a rivalry or competition within a public space, one person's freedom claim does not override a population's public health concern.

Andrew Bradshaw
56 Posted 17/06/2021 at 20:20:31
Well, that is Dumfries out of our range now. Unless PSV Brands got something before the tournament, I live in hope for these cut-price transfers, but always we wait until the painting is up for auction.
Michael Lynch
57 Posted 17/06/2021 at 20:21:19
Doesn't take long these days for a thread to go all David Icke does it?

Anyway, Denmark should have taken all three points today. They were magnificent but just didn't have the composure to finish off what I thought was an arrogant Belgium team, who are definitely starting to believe the hype.

Kick De Bruyne very hard, sit on Eden Hazard, and you've got the beating of Belgium. I've just passed that message on to Southgate and he said he'd put in a word for me with the Everton board for the big job.

David Pearl
58 Posted 17/06/2021 at 20:26:59
Michael, you mean you don't believe that the royal family are lizards or that the jews faked the holocaust?
Thomas Richards
59 Posted 17/06/2021 at 20:35:22
Will didn't mention lizards or holocausts.

He gave his opinion. Perfectly entitled to it.

Refreshing, to be honest, after the lemming-like adherence to doing what they tell you to without researching the subject.

Dale Self
60 Posted 17/06/2021 at 20:40:33
Now Thomas, I didn't just get a jab because of that jive.
Will Mabon
61 Posted 17/06/2021 at 20:41:26
Dale, it all comes down to knowledge, belief, trust, faith.

If people wish to accept everything that those in power say is true and for the best intentions, then they may simply go along with it.

Others see things a different way. I will say, bandying things about without thinking them through, is not how I operate.

EDIT. "David Icke" and holocaust denial. So simple. This of course, means every other single thing that's ever happened or discussed that is not the government line, just absolutely has to be false and silly. Saves a helluva lot of time and thinking.

As I said, each to their own.

Dale Self
62 Posted 17/06/2021 at 20:47:09
Not going along with the go along story there Will. Nor is to each their own a solution to a public problem. I get that nuance is a pain in the ass but there are complexities in this subject that leave slogan sensibilities a bit strained.
Thomas Richards
63 Posted 17/06/2021 at 20:47:21
Dale,

It is an individual choice.
If you want the vaccine get vaccinated.

If you don't. Dont.

Dale Self
64 Posted 17/06/2021 at 20:49:54
Yes Thomas. That much we completely agree on. It is the transmissiblity that can occur when the unvaccinated circulate that is the issue and I'm not pretending it is an easy one to solve.
Thomas Richards
65 Posted 17/06/2021 at 20:58:40
Dale,

Take your point but its not just the unvaccinated that spread it.
Government advice is you can still catch and transmit even if you are vaccinated.
As you say, not an easy one.

Will Mabon
66 Posted 17/06/2021 at 20:59:19
Dale, you may indeed have researched very deeply as far as you possibly could, to satisfy yourself that taking a vaccine was the right thing. You'd be in a very small minority.

Most simply do what the rest do. Anyone that challenges it is berated and insulted by the very same.

I cited no slogans whatsoever, nor couched my words in such a manner. Each to their own, meaning, belief or opinion. If you wish to consider slogans, there have been countless in the campaign.

Dale Self
67 Posted 17/06/2021 at 21:09:48
Yeah Thomas, we are technically vaccinated from the severity of symptoms not the virus itself. With you there as well. And don't immediately conclude some adversarial take here, just figuring it out for myself and then situating myself for some processing of what should be done at a societal level. Please know that I know I'm out on a limb there but I do some research before I go blabbing to others.

And Will, on that note, your criticism that many don't do the research does skip the role of agencies like the CDC. Many feel that their tax dollars have supported a well intended and functional institution that is charged with the responsibility of making those calls and they have made that call. This isn't just going along with what your bud found out on a chat forum, this is how that system is supposed to work for people who wish to trust that system.

I hope we're making some progress here. I get on people's nerves enough as it is.

Danny O’Neill
68 Posted 17/06/2021 at 21:24:45
Dumfries alive to the situation there.

Brands has him sewn up already right?

Michael Lynch
70 Posted 17/06/2021 at 21:27:33
Austria playing a ludicrously high line and, unsurprisingly, it ain't working too well against a nippy Dutch side.

That Dumfries is just a flashier Ben Godfrey though isn't he?

Andrew Bradshaw
71 Posted 17/06/2021 at 21:31:23
Of course Danny, we would not screw this up, would we? I can see it now :- Brands: how much for Denzel? PSV: 15 mil. Brands: Brilliant, don't want to upset the lad, will do it after the Euros.
PSV: OK. 3 weeks later:- Brands: Ready now? PSV: Yep, 45 mil. 😡 Would anyone doubt that in these mad days?
Danny O’Neill
72 Posted 17/06/2021 at 21:36:51
I don't know if you meant that tongue in cheek Michael, so excuse if I'm stating the obvious that you already know.

He's a natural right back / right wing back. We've used Ben there but obviously his natural position is going to be centre back.

Tell you what though, imagine those 2 in the same team and then we have Digne on the left.

Andrew, that is probably sadly close to the truth!

Rob Dolby
73 Posted 17/06/2021 at 21:40:06
Inter Milan linked with Dumfries.
The only Denzel coming to Liverpool this summer is from Only Fools an Horses.
Michael Lynch
74 Posted 17/06/2021 at 21:43:43
Yeah Danny, I was just taking the piss really, though as you say Godfrey has played out there and done really well; both of them do seem to have explosive pace and a lack of fear in common.
Colin Glassar
75 Posted 17/06/2021 at 21:45:01
Wrong Rob, boys pen bill has asked his mate Sly Stallone to bring Denzel Washington to see a game at Goodison.
Robert Tressell
76 Posted 17/06/2021 at 21:55:56
Dumfries is having a really good tournament but he's not a top class player like, say, Kimmich. He'd be a good reliable player to patrol the flank as wing back but I think the Prem would expose his limitations and nullify some of his major strength - athleticism. A good signing if still under £20m but better to move on if they want more.
Jamie Crowley
77 Posted 17/06/2021 at 22:12:15
The Denmark - Belgium game was a thing of beauty on a human level.

Brilliant.

I really hope Denmark makes it through. Just need to beat Russia 2-1 and need Belgium to win.

Will @ 53 well said, Sir. The world should be following the Florida example of how to deal with CV19. We've let freedom ring here, and because of that 900 people a day are relocating here to the Sunshine State.

Pack 'em in the stadiums! Let's go!

Mike Gaynes
78 Posted 17/06/2021 at 22:49:09
Yeah, freedom rang in Florida, all right. Top 20 among US states in both COVID cases and deaths per million, and that's with blatantly falsified statistics. The governor ordered state and county medical examiners to stop reporting COVID deaths and not to count COVID deaths of "snowbirds" -- people with out-of-state permanent addresses who live in Florida six months a year. If they caught COVID and died in Florida, they weren't counted.

And when the state's COVID online dashboard administrator tried to keep reporting the true numbers, she was fired, and then state agents raided her home at gunpoint and confiscated all her computers so she couldn't post the accurate numbers on her own website.

Freedom ringing, y'all. Flor'da.

Will Mabon
79 Posted 17/06/2021 at 22:53:09
Dale @ 67,

I don't want to hammer this on, it's been done before on TW, and arguably run its course. So, I will finish by addressing a paragraph from your post.

This essentially covers much of what I've said. If people wish to trust the agencies, that's fine. My contention is that the system behind it all is not as generally perceived. "How that system is supposed to work". Things have been changed.

It's a globalist world, and there is a global system in place of which most have no idea whatsoever - and no interest in knowing. Its intentions are far reaching and will be felt massively. They already are. For now, the information is there to be studied should anyone wish to.

It's rather sad that you can merely imply, the only alternative to trusting existing systems has no more substance than idle "Bud" chat. Some time spent would reveal much more.

Dale Self
80 Posted 17/06/2021 at 22:58:32
No offence but I am truly ok with some serious selection effects regarding who does what. If people won't recognize the natural experiment being played out here then I'm not convinced any consideration for their outcomes is required.

And Will, the above was written while you posted, in response to you directly I am not "merely implying no more substance than a bud's webchat".

Either it's too late for coherent posts or your comprehension is corrupted. I am stating without reservation that the CDC's credibility surpasses any and all obscurely referenced knowledge you claim to have received. All you have to do is cite the article and let people read for themselves, your commentary is becoming quite unreliable.

Terry White
81 Posted 17/06/2021 at 23:05:26
Jamie (#77) and Mike (#78), having recently relocated from Florida I can attest that Governor DeSantis as a Trump acolyte is a true idiot. My wife and I were in true fear of our health when DeSantis allowed anybody and everybody to walk around and shop without masks as he wanted to open up the economy before it was safe to do so purely because of his support for Trump.

With tourists flocking in from other states without masks, locals where I lived were reluctant to go out. As Mike correctly points out DeSantis would do anything to make himself look good and that includes lying about the numbers and threatening anyone that disagrees with him.

Brian Williams
82 Posted 17/06/2021 at 23:07:24
I wonder if Benitez to Everton is part of the global conspiracy. 🤔
Kieran Kinsella
83 Posted 17/06/2021 at 23:13:31
Will

Yes the press have agendas, so do governments and some people in agencies. The problem is once you dismiss them all and go down the rabbit hole of not believing then what can you believe. Imperfect; impartial they may be but there are checks and balances on governments, news companies and agencies. There are no checks and balances on other sources whatsoever so why would you believe them more reliable??

Personally on important issues I read a bit of right wing and left wings, a bit of yank, English and some foreign media. I look at raw stats, and I take into account my own experiences. There are oddities with Covid, some defy logic eg case loads in some laces versus others. But it's a new evolving disease we don't fully understand. The general trends as reported by media, governments and agencies are largely accurate

Will Mabon
84 Posted 17/06/2021 at 23:38:17
Dale:

I won't stoop to questioning your coherence or comprehension. I'm glad you've assured yourself enough to have no reservations.

Jamie Crowley
85 Posted 17/06/2021 at 00:15:14
Mike and Terry White -

Firstly, hello Terry! Hope all is well with you and your family.

Mike -

Florida is currently 26th in the country in CV19 deaths per million. Florida really should be in the top 3, as we have the largest elderly population in America. But we sit 26th. I see that as fantastic, again especially considering the elderly population.
Link

Insofar as Rebekah Jones is concerned, the woman behind all the claims of fraudulent data being reported, please, please take 10 minutes and watch this video linked below. All of her claims, snatched up by CNN, MSNBC, etc. at the start of the outbreak have been debunked. It was reported as gospel by a media that detests Ron DeSantis, when in fact, it was just not true.
Link

I personally adore our governor. The media always paints him as a "Trump Acolyte" and for whatever reason, detests him. He's not a Trump clone, and I'd remind you you're speaking with a man (me) who HATED Donald Trump.

Florida lead the nation in in-person education. We had kids in the classroom, where they should be, more than any other state in the nation.

Florida's economy is booming. We didn't shut down and cower in our hiddey-holes. We kept working down here, didn't have to touch the Florida "Rainy Day Fund" when the shutdown occurred, and again, we have 900 people DAILY relocating to this state.

Masks simply aren't worn here any longer. I haven't seen a single individual with a mask on in weeks. Restaurants are open at full capacity. Our CV19 cases might spike here and there, but again, 26th out of 50 states.

Some rather blue states who advocated shutdowns with higher per million deaths than FL: New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and PA. They all locked down, we did not.

Florida immediately vaccinated health care workers and the elderly.

Our testing sites, which I had the personal pleasure of attending on 4 separate occasions, were run wonderfully. I had results in about 4-6 hours from being tested every single time. My longest wait in line was an hour. They were run like a well oiled machine.

It seems that no matter what Florida does, the haters will simply run out debunked claims and fall back on their vitriol for a man they've been told is the anti-Christ in Ron DeSantis. I personally hope he runs for President.

Stay in Oregon. No really, please, just stay there. We're totally fine down here. We go where we please, we don't fear, our economy is absolutely bustling, our CV19 rates are perfectly acceptable, and we've stayed open with our kids in school. That'll work for me. If you disagree, just don't visit. And God forbid, don't move here! You'll vote the wrong way and change the good thing we have going!

Terry -

Your anecdotal story about people flocking here from other states and not wearing masks, I can only say isn't the norm I'm seeing on my side of the state. No one, and I've mean I've not met a single person, is scared to go out. No one. We live as we did. We fear nothing except the relocation of New Yorkers who might vote the same way they did up north and reverse our freedoms here. Counterintuitively not connecting the dots between why they are actually leaving where they are from (lockdowns) and thinking if they vote "compassionately" [what nonsense that is] they're better people - when in fact they'll just place the same Northeast group-think circle jerkers in a position of power to negate everything this great state has done so correctly.

Both of you have a great evening. Mike, don't visit. Terry, if you're scared, move to Oregon.

And remember kids, don't "New York" my Florida!

Kristian Boyce
86 Posted 18/06/2021 at 00:34:01
As a former Floridian, we all know that the 900 daily movers are made up of either elderly snowbirds or the dregs of society who are 'Florida Man' in the making.
Dale Self
87 Posted 18/06/2021 at 00:35:50
Will, please drop the sensitive routine. I just made that comment because your interpretation was so off the mark. Your prose is not void of some snark so come on.
Jamie Crowley
88 Posted 18/06/2021 at 00:43:12
Kristian -

Shoot me an email. jamie dot Crowley dot personal at gmail dot com.

I'll send you a video of the four new neighborhoods sprouting up within a 7 mile radius of my work - all of them 1500 to 2500 homes each - bustling with young families with kids.

I had two new customers this week - one a man relocated from Kansas with his wife and son. The other a newly married couple from Illinois. Not old at all, either of them.

It's not a snowbird thing, trust me. Come back, visit, and see for yourself.

Kristian Boyce
89 Posted 18/06/2021 at 01:45:50
Jamie, I'm just messing with you. I believe you about the Jax area growth. I was talking to someone the other day who was in their late 20's and was moving down from NC to your area. I'll be down next month for the games, so we'll have to meet up then.
Kieran Kinsella
90 Posted 18/06/2021 at 01:56:48
Jamie

Funnily enough I was toying with moving back to Jax area from Kansas myself.

James Flynn
91 Posted 18/06/2021 at 02:40:58
Richi's hair is green.
James Flynn
92 Posted 18/06/2021 at 02:55:25
Richi and his green hair. First an assist, then a goal while laying on the ground.
James Flynn
93 Posted 18/06/2021 at 03:03:00
Terry White
94 Posted 18/06/2021 at 03:25:28
Thank you for your political commentary, Jamie (#85). For what it is worth, in my opinion, if you do not think that DeSantis is not a big Trump man following Trump's call, then you are delusional. We'll just have to see how quickly DeSantis throws Matt Gaetz further under the bus as he tries to distance himself away from Gaetz's problems. I too hope DeSantis runs for President in 2024 and I will be delighted to vote for anyone other then him.

FYI, we lived on the Florida Panhandle for 5 years, a very conservative part of Florida. Our experience there with the lack of masks and social distancing left us more than happy to leave albeit that we very much liked other aspects of the area.

I viewed your link. I would have been more impressed if it were not the work of Saagar Enjeti. Anyone who likes Tucker Carlson loses all respect in my book.

PS You may want to update your address book as Mike no longer lives in Oregon. I hope he does not mind my mentioning that.

Mike Gaynes
95 Posted 18/06/2021 at 05:24:03
Jamie #85, Florida is 26th in REPORTED deaths per million to COVID. DeSantis did, in fact order medical examiners to stop reporting deaths, and did in fact order that only permanent Florida residents who died in Florida be recorded as COVID deaths, not tourists or snowbirds. He was quite open about it. The simple fact is that thousands more people died of COVID in Florida than are listed in the official stats. You'll note that none of my links are YouTube "commentary" (Enjeti) but actual Florida local news outlets, including your neighbors at ClickOrlando.

"But if someone dies in Florida of COVID-19 and their primary residence is somewhere else -- like snowbirds or visitors, for example -- the state of Florida does not include that death in its COVID-19 death count."

Florida agents did in fact raid the home of Rebekah Jones at gunpoint and confiscate all her computer equipment and software, without a criminal warrant or a criminal charge. Can you imagine the meltdowns from Tucker Carlson and Michael Savage if armed agents had invaded a private home with guns drawn (and children inside) to shut down an independent conservative website? And this one wasn't spreading child porn or terrorist subversion, just statistics.

The raid drew widespread criticism from several Democratic officials in Florida and prompted at least one Republican appointee, Ron Filipkowski, to step down from a state judicial panel. “It just seems like it's not really about any kind of criminal investigation” Filipkowski told The Post last month. “It's about intimidation of her and sending a message to people currently working in state government that, ‘This could be you.'”

Those are facts.

As to your economy bustling, well, yep... but at a slightly slower GDP growth than Lockdown California. Who knows how much you'd be booming if it hadn't been for spring break in the beach towns, eh?

As to whether DeSantis is really a Trumpie, we'll see later this year when the Great Orange Blob is indicted in New York and DeSantis is faced with signing his extradition order. An obscure Florida law allows the governor to fight the extradition. Wanna bet he does?

PS... I moved to Washington.

Jamie Crowley
96 Posted 18/06/2021 at 07:38:49
Mike - stay in Washington.

Insofar as snowbirds counting in our tally, I say chalk them up to the fiddle finger fuck Governor up in NY. If their primary residence isn't here, they can tally them up where they fuck up everything. Just not our state.

Kristian - hit me up. I'll buy you a beer. You're #3 on the "free beer" list.

Kieran -

Please move to Florida. Freedom is so underrated, and the definition of freedom changes all too often these days, thanks to the holier than thou folk who prefer us to stay hidden and decide when and where we can move and when and where we conduct our commerce. My part of FL is wonderful, you should pull the trigger and relocate.

Besides the above, we could watch games together! There's like zero Blues here.

Jamie Crowley
97 Posted 18/06/2021 at 07:57:52
Mike -

I just looked at the numbers again. Have it your way.

Let's say, hypothetically, that the "snowbird effect" doubled the number of deaths in Florida.

The tally would be 0.003% of the population.

Have it your way.

If the answer to Covid-19, with 0.003% of the population dying, is shutting down freedom and the economy, surely that's the single biggest dramatic overreaction in the history of mankind?

Jesus above, thank God I live here.

Is my math off? Is it 0.3% of the population? Ah... point still stands.

Quoting the great state of New Hampshire: Live Free or Die.

Will Mabon
98 Posted 18/06/2021 at 15:00:17
Dale @ 87,

I don't do snow-flaking, believe me. I'm just not prepared to turn the discussion into the personals. It's almost always a given with this subject area anyway.