Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

How close is Tesco going to be near our new ground?

From the look of the new pics it's just a stone's throw away ? that is ridiculous. The stadium needs to stand as a single entity like the Emirates/Stadium of light etc. Not be surrounded by Tesco, Ccurrys and bloody Halfords.

I quite liked the new stadium design until I saw the Tesco errected right next to it ? bloody disgraceful.
Dan Johnson, Newcastle     Posted 14/11/2007 at 16:39:16

Comments

Nick Entwistle
1   Posted 14/11/2007 at 17:07:16

Anyone notice the Tesco supermarket Daylight Mock-ups looked so much bettter than our proposed stadium? Couldn't we just push the aisles to the side and use trollies for goal posts?
Albert Velthuijsen
2   Posted 14/11/2007 at 19:46:52

This can?t be real..what a disgrace... this really hurts this is not a football ground it?s a shopping centre FFS.
Kevin Chow
3   Posted 14/11/2007 at 20:11:54

The people at Tesco’s haven’t done there homework, nobody will want to do there shopping on a match day.
Allan Hobbs
4   Posted 14/11/2007 at 20:18:02

When the games are being played the shop will be empty - perfect time to do yer shopping!

St Helens are getting one as well right? And Warrington Wolves? Am I miles behind the times or is this news to you lot as well??
Tom Martin
5   Posted 14/11/2007 at 20:15:46

What new pictures are these? Just had another look at the stadium visuals and can’t see a tesco store in them. Are there new pictures of the shop? Where can I see them?
Michael Kenrick
6   Posted 14/11/2007 at 20:35:15

Tom, Click here
Allan Hobbs
7   Posted 14/11/2007 at 20:36:35

Allan Hobbs
8   Posted 14/11/2007 at 20:45:43

If you go to the Official Site, the links off there are much better - it looks alot more professional from their links cos they show you the actual designers website.
Doug Jones
9   Posted 14/11/2007 at 21:05:15

Where else would it be there paying for the stadium they are hardly gona put it miles away ffs, dont tell me you people who voted for it didnt think.
Greg Murphy
10   Posted 14/11/2007 at 22:49:49

Not being facetious or trying to score-points here, Dan. But it genuinely seems that you couldn’t see this coming. Is that so?
Only reason I ask is that I’ve encountered so many Blues today who voted "yes" (I note that you didn’t actually say you did) but now really wish they had voted "no" and the main reason they have stated this is that they didn’t think it would look so hideous. General sentiment has been that had they seen the images released today they would definitely have voted "no".
Gavin Ramejkis
11   Posted 14/11/2007 at 23:05:09

Now where are all the gloaters and sun shining from BK and KW’s collective backsides and my favourite "looking good on and off the pitch" twaddle, care to comment?
Michael Tracey
12   Posted 14/11/2007 at 23:56:16

This is bullshit! What a complete and utter load this new stadium is. For all the people who voted yes to this crap, well done! We have sold of soul and look at what we got! This isn’t Everton or my Everton, hopefully I will wake up and it will all be a nightmare. BTW, where is the ’propaganda chief" G Madden now, hes usually jumping all over everyone by now! Maybe his direct line from the club is screwed, (like this whole Kirkby sham)!
Roy Coyne
13   Posted 15/11/2007 at 00:28:45

Why is anyone suprised it's shite? We were warned before the vote but people voted Yes... I'm sure they will feel proud of what they have done to us.
Alex Prendeghast
14   Posted 15/11/2007 at 00:48:29

I am a no voter, and even I didn?t expect it to look quite so vulgar. The arguement that Bill Kenwright intended for the yes/no voters to be so polarised that they will always be split to ensure nothing will unite them in the future to oppose the plans. The problem now is that it seems the ?proud? Yes voters are even speaking out about its ugliness. I still feel exhausted just thinking about the yes/no debate last time round. It would be nice for the proud yes voters to see sense and apologise to the no voters and all work together and forget about this ugly chapter.
Finbar Holian
15   Posted 15/11/2007 at 01:01:54

I feel stupid even beginning to question Tesco?s ability to situate one of its stores. However, the proximity to the ground is surely not good for the customers of the store or the visiters to the new ground? It just seems so obviously asking for trouble. It seems almost as ridiculous as putting a 55,000 stadium on a roundabout.
Eric Myles
16   Posted 15/11/2007 at 05:32:39

Viewing the 2 promotional videos the Everton one conveniently omits the Tesco store from it?s overview while in the Tesco vid the Everton ground is only briefly glimpsed, by those who would know it?s there, in the exterior shot.

What have they got to hide?
John Lloyd
17   Posted 15/11/2007 at 08:31:50

Whta the fuck did you think it was gonna be like???
John Lloyd
18   Posted 15/11/2007 at 08:32:49

It looks shit.

I dont like it. Tescodome, souless, uninspired, bland, ikea?d....all correct.
Madejski, Pride Park, JJB, Reebok Stadium, Riverside. If you?ve been to any of them stadiums tell me thats what you want for Everton??

It looks shit
I?m not arsed about the politics, I?m gonna fight this tooth and nail. The location, the stadium...its all wrong. No-on, and I mean NO-ONE has come up with a list of proven guranteed positives that outweigh the negatives.

It looks shit.
It was said further up but United, Liverpool, Tottenahm, Arsenal, Newcastle all have excellent stadiums & none of them had to move very far or sell out so bad. We are as big as them so why are we?

It looks shite.
If the people in charge of this club cannot organise or convince this city of our importance & deliver us a stadium ina location we deserve then they should step aside before they are removed, simple as.

It looks shit.
Dan Johnson
19   Posted 15/11/2007 at 09:06:11

I voted NO but I?m shocked by how Tesco domianted the new Everton ground is gonna be. COuldnt they just move it half a mile a mile away to give the ground room to breath and have an atmosphere.

Oh well at least when we lose 50,000 evertonians can go on the rob next door
Dave Roberts
20   Posted 15/11/2007 at 12:56:42

John Lloyd,

I take it you don’t like it then!