Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Cup Final Day Get Together

Mr Elstone responds

Following on from my original TW thread, regarding opening Goodison, utilising the Echo Arena or organising a Fan Fest for ticketless fans, I have had a number of responses, not least from Robert Elstone:

Paul,
We do understand the need to provide for fans who can?t get to Wembley and some of what you suggest is well underway and, subject to resourcing and logistical challenges, will get done?. In due course, one of our team will confirm plans. They will also consider your note and ideas.

Kind Regards,
Robert.

Mr Elstone replied within 2 hours, which was surprising but very encouraging.

Ian Ross also sent an email response asking me to telephone him on his mobile. I had a talk with Ian this morning and he explained that EFC are looking at opening Goodison but there are a few logistical problems to sort out first. He also asked me to keep him informed regarding the response of Warren Bradley and Joe Anderson, as it is the council?s responsibility to look at the possible use of the Echo Arena and/or the organization of a Fan Fest. So far I have no response from either Warren or Joe.

Stephanie Beedles from EFC?s marketing Department also replied:

Many thanks for your email Paul. We?re currently looking into a variety of options and details will be published nearer the time online so keep an eye on the website!

Kind regards
Stephanie

Neil Hodgson of the Liverpool Echo also responded:
Hi Paul,
Thanks for your mail.
I have forwarded it to our sports editor John Thompson who was keen to read your suggestions.

All the best
Neil Hodgson

A very good and speedy response from Everton FC, which is very much appreciated. I also await replies from Bill Kenwright and Andy Burnham.

So far so good. It seems likely something will be organized so keep checking the OS. I will also keep posting on TW, as and when I receive news. COYB
Paul Lally, UK     Posted 07/05/2009 at 11:05:29

Comments

Tom Mallows
1   Posted 07/05/2009 at 15:17:53

It?s a great idea and an encouraging response from Everton.
Part of the joy of watching football is singing along with thousands of fellow Blues, so if you can?t get to Wembley (which 1,000s won?t) a ?fan park? is a great idea. It may be worth contacting the broadcasters, ITV? Sky? Setanta?

I remember during the World Cup the BBC cut away to shots of fan parks across the country. ITV and Setanta may want to use it as part of their pre-match build up. (Though I wouldn?t expect any money from Setanta at the moment!)

Pete Clark
2   Posted 07/05/2009 at 15:40:58

I am suprised BK did not get in touch and suggest we all go to Kirkby for the day and watch it in the pubs or on a screen in a park. You know, just to get some practice in...

Seriously though I can?t think of a beter idea than just filling all the pubs in town and having a type of Everton festival...

Karl Parsons
3   Posted 07/05/2009 at 16:48:58

Does anyone know if the Silver Spoon Bar (outside Wembley Stadium) is reserved for Evertonian’s on the 30th and if so how do you get advanced tickets? The next best thing to not having a ticket would be to be there.
EJ Ruane
4   Posted 07/05/2009 at 17:07:59

Karl - I heard today it IS reserved, tenner a ticket I was told but obviously they will (also) be at a premium.

Sorry I don’t have details or contacts.
Jim Reardon
5   Posted 07/05/2009 at 17:58:58

Surley it is up to EFC to contact the council and assist in organising the day ???
Richard Murray
6   Posted 07/05/2009 at 19:17:16

Don’t know if this is any use, Karl:

Gavin Ramejkis
7   Posted 07/05/2009 at 22:37:49

Karl, re Silver Spoons, we drank them dry on Semi-Final day very quickly so unless you get there early watch what your tenner will get you.
Lee Rogers
8   Posted 08/05/2009 at 00:12:02

Can anybody tell me if the game is on ITV?
Stephen Stuart
9   Posted 08/05/2009 at 06:02:57

The delightful Andy Burnham:

Liam Scott
10   Posted 08/05/2009 at 09:33:03

Lee, yeah mate its on ITV and Setanta! Depends wich commentators you prefer I suppose! Both shit?! But who's going to be listening to the commentators while Phil is lifting the cup!!
Alan Kirwin
11   Posted 08/05/2009 at 12:25:11

Paul - Well done. I thought your original post was excellent & commented along those lines. I?m delighted you?ve got some progress on this great thinking. Also impressed & not totally surprised at Robert Elsone?s response.

Only disappointment is the apparent total lack of ANY reply from LCC. Is that still the case? Pretty shameful IMHO.

Again, well done!
Dave Sephton
12   Posted 08/05/2009 at 12:24:29

When I spoke to those mischievious folk at Sultana to cancel my subscription, they suggested to me that they have exclusive live rights to the final and that ITV will be broadcasting on a delay. When pushed on the matter they couldn?t or wouldn?t confirm this. Just be aware of this tactic if you give them notice.
Kev Clark
13   Posted 08/05/2009 at 13:23:21

ITV will probably broadcast a delay, as they?ll go to the adverts while Gosling scores the winner again!
Steve Callaghan
14   Posted 08/05/2009 at 15:20:29

Wow - well done Paul. Not only quick responses but constructive also? You did good and represent, in my view, the wishes of many.