Watching the Blues from afar

by   |   31/05/2019  7 Comments  [Jump to last]

As the season winds to a close and things are a bit quiet, I thought I would compare notes with fellow blues in the USA.

Since I came over to Florida and only get back once or twice a year, I have had to rely on televised football (I refuse to call it soccer) to watch my beloved Blues and rely on ToffeeWeb and friends back home to keep me up to date with things.

I have majored on Dish network, ESPN+ and NBC Sports Gold thus far.

For the upcoming season and friendlies, I am about to review other options as Dish is starting to lose its value for money tag and everyone seems to be "cutting the cord"... I just wonder how other Blues over in the good old US of A get their fix?

Does anyone have an informed opinion of FuBo, Hulu, Sling, YoutubeTV, InfinityTV etc.

back Return to Talking Points index  :  Add your Comments »

Reader Comments (7)

David Pearl
1 Posted 01/06/2019 at 11:05:49
I’m back and forwards to Canada Jay, and they only have games on DAZN now. I think they have all the games on for $99 a year. I think it includes all the matchroom and golden boy boxing too.
Terry White
2 Posted 01/06/2019 at 17:38:56
NBC Sports Gold for me, Jay, here on the Florida Panhandle. Pretty reliable and the online streams from them when the game is not live on TV work well most of the time.
Kieran Kinsella
3 Posted 01/06/2019 at 17:44:07
Only problem with NBC Gold is that now they show a lot of games on various NBC channels so often times there are only 3 or 4 games on NBC Gold. I got the half season pass this year and hardly got to see Everton on Gold.
Terry White
4 Posted 01/06/2019 at 18:25:34
Kieran (#3), with NBC Gold the games that are not being shown live on TV (NBCsn or other NBC stations) are streamed so you have a direct link to the game that you want to watch on your computer. If this does not work for you, then NBC Gold is not for you.

For me the $49 annual pass is good value so I can watch all our games live on TV or the computer with good quality picture.

Ron Marr
5 Posted 01/06/2019 at 19:11:59
NBC Gold and ESPN+ for Cup Games works well for me.

We cut the cord from ATT U-Verse and are saving $100 a month. We use Sling (Blue and Orange) for TV. Comparing Sling, Hulu and YouTube TV, for us came down to Sling is currently the only channel that has the NFL Red Zone. Plus it had the channels my wife likes Food, Cooking and for both of us HGTV and DIY.

Jay Harris
6 Posted 04/06/2019 at 03:45:11
Ron,
How are you finding Sling's service and performance?

And can you get any storage to record games for later playing.

HAs anyone tried Hulu or Fubo?

Ron Marr
7 Posted 04/06/2019 at 17:30:30
No real issues with Sling. They have a Cloud DVR for $5 a month. I have the United game recorded for summer enjoyment.