Moyes 11 from 11

Comments (101) jump to end

Simple diversion - what do you think the best first 11 is from Moyes' 11 years at Goodison? For me:

GK Nigel Martyn

LB Leighton Baines
CB (L) Joleon Lescott
CB (R) Phil Jagielka
RB Seamus Coleman

LM Steven Piennar
DM Lee Carsley
M Marouane Fellaini
RM Kevin Mirallas

AM Tim Cahill

CF Duncan Ferguson

The striker position was the hardest, we've had quite a few who have been good initially but then disappeared.

In midfield Miralles is the first in a while to get me out my seat when he races forward and I think Lee Carsley has never been replaced.

In defence I think despite Hibbert playing a million games that Coleman provides more. Lescott was immense alongside Jags. In goal I know Howard has had nearly as many appearances as Hibberts million but I think Martyn is the best we've had in goal since Southall.

Anyway, wake me up when the season starts, I hate summer (non) transfer windows.
Barry Earley, Perth, Australia     Posted 06/06/2013 at 16:33:21

back Return to Talking Points index  :  Add your Comments back

Reader Comments

Mark Tanton
690 Posted 06/06/2013 at 21:59:50
A good pick - I'd make a change up front: Yakubu in for Ferguson and I'd possibly try and bring in Gravesen for someone...
Sean McNally
691 Posted 06/06/2013 at 22:01:22
Coleman
Jags
Lescott
Baines
Arteta
Carsley
Fellaini
Pienaar
Cahill
Yakubu
692 Posted 06/06/2013 at 21:57:23
Agree Martyn is the best keeper we've had since Southall,loved Carsley brilliant at what he did maybe Walters best signing,and what can be said about Cahill that hasn't been

Hibbert
Jags
Distin
Baines
Carsley
Gravesen
Pienaar
Cahill
Rooney
Ferguson

Danny Broderick
693 Posted 06/06/2013 at 22:05:56
Arteta surely has to make everyone's team?
I'd have put Yakubu in ahead of Duncan for the simple reason he scored 20 goals. He stands alone amongst all the other strikers for that alone, although I know it didn't last long.
Tommy Grav ahead of Carsley for me also.
695 Posted 06/06/2013 at 22:07:38

Arteta
Cahill

A fit Yakabu
Rooney
Mirallas

700 Posted 06/06/2013 at 22:14:52
Ive got a better idea: Lets pick a best 11 from Walter Smith's reign, it will get our brains working much harder.
James Martin
704 Posted 06/06/2013 at 22:17:50
Arteta is the best player of the Moyes period so has to be in my 11. He was an absolute joy to watch and used to do some of the things that Mirallas has shown glimpses of every single game.

Coleman Jags Lescott Baines

Gibson Arteta

Pienaar Cahill Mirallas

Yakubu (I never count Rooney in these things)

I like Carsley more than the majority of the players that have been through the door under Moyes but I think Gibson is just better than he was so sentiment had to be put aside.

Carl Taylor
705 Posted 06/06/2013 at 22:14:59
GK Martyn RB Coleman LB Baines CH Jagielka CH Weir RM Mirallas CM Fellaini CM Gravesen LM Pienaar AM Cahill Striker Rooney (Players disqualified for lack of class - Arteta and Lescott)
Martin Handley
708 Posted 06/06/2013 at 22:20:30
Moyes best XI

Gk- Martyn
Hibbert, Jagielka , Distin, Baines

Arteta, Carsley, Cahill, Pienaar

Mirallas

Yakubu (just)

Graham Holliday
710 Posted 06/06/2013 at 22:26:12
Lack of class... Arteta? Really? Not wanting to start an argument in any way, but what has he ever done to warrant that?
714 Posted 06/06/2013 at 22:21:59
Mark 700

What an idea,Walter had some good players

Myhre
S Watson(about the best right back we had at the time)
Unsworth
Gough
Ball
Hutchinson
Gravesen
Dacourt
Barmby
Ferguson
Campbell

Patrick Murphy
715 Posted 06/06/2013 at 22:31:06
Graham I think it was the waving of the imaginary card in the Arsenal v Everton game at the Emirates the season just gone. But despite that I would still have him in Moyes' best 11 along with Rooney.
Steve Ferns
717 Posted 06/06/2013 at 22:31:52

Hibbert Jagielka Distin Baines

Arteta Cahill Carsley Pienaar
Gravesen

Yakubu

722 Posted 06/06/2013 at 22:35:48
Peter Truin

I just couldn't think of a good RB, wasn't Calum Davidson on our books? Not saying he was great

Gerrard
Watson weir Unsworth Ball
Graveson Dacourt J.Collins Barmby
Jeffers Campbell

Dennis Stevens
777 Posted 07/06/2013 at 00:00:06
Hutchinson? Didn't he play for Chelsea?
Andy Crooks
785 Posted 07/06/2013 at 00:35:23
Seeing Coleman in a few teams makes me smile. I wish the editors could reproduce some of the nonsense that was written on this site about him.
Ian Pilkington
787 Posted 07/06/2013 at 00:29:16
Just putting the Moyes era in perspective, Baines would be the only player to get into any of our four First Division Championship teams of '63,'70,'85 & '87.
Michael Kenrick
791 Posted 07/06/2013 at 00:59:49
Ian, I don't think Baines had even been born, had he? Never mind the rest of them.

Andy, we don't need to reproduce it: it should all be in there in the archives — just a click (or three) away... have at it! Although I'm not quite sure why the rules if this game assume that a player's form doesn't change over time...

Barry Earley
800 Posted 07/06/2013 at 01:56:59
I can understand the desire to have Arteta in the team but in what position? I think he was wasted on the right, his best position was more central, but for me Fellaini is the better of the two in a central midfield which has Carsley as the DM. Yakubu v Ferguson was also a tough one for me as they could both be described as great players who only played to their potential in fits and starts.

Coleman sums up Moyes reign. A very good right back who was never played in his best position which left him open to criticism from supporters. When Moyes was left with so many injuries that he had no choice but to play him in his best position Coleman finally shone.

Jamie Crowley
805 Posted 07/06/2013 at 02:32:56
4-5-1 (of course)

Howard
Coleman Jags Lescott Baines
Mirallas Arteta Carsley Felliani Pienaar
Yakubu

insert Cahill anywhere in MF as a sub –he was probably the most professional and decent man we've had that I've personally seen.

I can't put in Martyn... before my time... gotta be Howard therefore.

And Yak only when in form, before he went on the "McDonald's Diet". Otherwise screw the Once a Blue crap and it's Rooney up top.

Eric Myles
814 Posted 07/06/2013 at 06:07:14
Didn't Rooney play under Moyes? And he doesn't get in anyone's best 11?
825 Posted 07/06/2013 at 07:07:23
Eric 814

He's in mine mate

Andrew Ellams
831 Posted 07/06/2013 at 07:53:03
Andy @ 785 you could also reproduce people gladly admitting they were wrong
832 Posted 07/06/2013 at 07:58:23
Mark 722

I'm sure John o'kane was there still and didn't we sign Alex Clelland

Why oh why did we let Earl Barratt and Tony Thomas go

Ps I never ever rated John Collins I thought he was just a bluffer

Jamie Barlow
838 Posted 07/06/2013 at 08:10:19
To be fair Andy. Coleman was putting in some poor defensive displays when the grief he was getting was at its worst. The lad has improved immensely.

Probably my favourite to watch last season and I have gave him some in the past.

Tim Locke
839 Posted 07/06/2013 at 08:00:56
We have had some cracking players, it part depends on the game but in terms of pure footballing ability and keeping you off your seat.

Colemam Lescott Jags Baines

Donovan Arteta Felliani Mirallas

Cahill

Rooney

Bench:
Howard
Royston Drenthe
Carsley
Manuel Fernandes
Distin
Yakubu
Johnson

Chris Morris
840 Posted 07/06/2013 at 08:32:20
Purely on Goals to games ratio shouldn't James Vaughan or Vellios be in there!!!????
Mike Green
843 Posted 07/06/2013 at 08:38:56
David who....?
865 Posted 07/06/2013 at 09:28:01
Baardsen (yes I know he only played once but worse than dicky wrights display at arsenal)
Valente
Wei Feng
Kroldrup
Li Tie
Rodrigo
Simon Davies
Van Der Meyde
Di Silva
Naismith
Beattie

An alternative Moyes 11

Stuart Gray
884 Posted 07/06/2013 at 09:49:44
Wasn't Materazzi Walter's best defender?
891 Posted 07/06/2013 at 09:28:01
Stuart 884

I never thought so, a bit too unpredictable for me; Richard Gough was pure class even at 38.

Matteo Ferrari under Moyes was fantastic but not here long enough to go in his best 11 for me.

John Audsley
901 Posted 07/06/2013 at 11:01:18
Sean @ 691 nails it:

Martyn kept us up in 2003-04, at 39 he was incredible for us.

Roberto Birquet
930 Posted 07/06/2013 at 13:44:16

Coleman, Jags, Lescott, Baines

Fellaini, Arteta
Mirallas, Cahill, Pienaar

Yakubu

Six of them remain at the club - though likely only five by August. I'm betting on our keeping Baines at least for next season, and hopefully for good (another 6-7 years).

some close to inclusion: Cars, Fernandes, Hibbert, Neville (as RB, especially as was captain)

Roberto Birquet
931 Posted 07/06/2013 at 13:52:02
Stuart Gray 884
Dave White
936 Posted 07/06/2013 at 14:00:19
@ Peter 865 Ah Valente wasn't that bad!

I'd put Billy in that line up too, I remember being sat in the Gwladys trying to mentally will the boy to do something, but to no avail.

As for the best Mikel and Tommy G have to be in for me.

Finally will hold my hands up as thinking Coleman was a one trick pony, and delighted to be proved wrong!

James Stewart
939 Posted 07/06/2013 at 14:07:32
____________________________Martyn________________________
Coleman__________Jagielka___________Distin__________Baines
___________________________Fellaini_________________________
___________________Arteta___________Gravesen______________
Mirallas_____________________________________________Pienaar
___________________________Rooney_________________________
951 Posted 07/06/2013 at 14:48:36
Dave 936

Maybe he wasn't r the worst but I remember The special one was supposed to have tipped Moyes off about how good he was,with tongue in cheek I thought after watching him,he must have given the tip for kroldrup and rang Walter about Bakayoko

James Stewart
955 Posted 07/06/2013 at 15:06:24
Carsley was a likeable guy but absolute garbage can't believe he makes it in some peoples teams
Rob Pryor
957 Posted 07/06/2013 at 15:15:56
James @ 939

I think you've nailed it there.
Possibly Lescott for Distin and Manny (first time round) for Gravesen but I'm not convinced

John Ford
958 Posted 07/06/2013 at 15:15:40
Tommy Grav circa 2004/5, and ten others.

The most dominant period from any player in the Moyes era, hence why Real nicked him. Our CL qualification was down to him more than anyone else......we hung in there for the rest of that season when he left.

He could have been a contender!...coulda woulda shoulda

John Ford
959 Posted 07/06/2013 at 15:21:02
Agreed, James Stewart has nailed it.
962 Posted 07/06/2013 at 15:21:28
James Stewart
Carsley wasn't a great footballer, what he was good at is sitting in front of the back 4 protecting them, did that job much better then Neville ever did in my opinion.

Players don't always have to be great footballers to be effective, just look at players like David Batty and our very own Peter Ried for example

964 Posted 07/06/2013 at 15:26:51
James 955

Carsley is the best defensive midfielder under Moyes,when he left we struggled to replace him,its partly due to him that Gravesen was able to hung ho it in 2004-05 and push us into the Champs League positions

Quite and efficient

Kilbane
Stracqualursi
Beattie

What a side this is.

Duncan McDine
973 Posted 07/06/2013 at 15:34:44
For me, Barry the OP has it pretty close. But with the acception of Mirallas for Arteta, and the obvious cock up of Dunc up front!!!

The centre forward position would surely go to either Rooney, Yak, AJ or Jelly. Forget the way in which they either became a traitor, got fat or lost all footballing ability... for the time they were on form and at their best, these 4 strikers were better than Ferguson (as much as I love him).

Just a shame that none of these played at the top of their game for more than a season or so with us.

I'd actually go out on a limb and say that during his best spell of form, AJ was the best striker I've seen play for Everton since the 80's (when I was a nipper). Don't let his shocking turn of form/confidence make you forget just how awesome he was for a while. Was it Wenger's comments that started teh spiral?

976 Posted 07/06/2013 at 15:53:54
Duncan, AJ had a good first half season for us, that's all, the goals dried up and he reminded me of a headless chicken. AJ hardly became a world beater for Fulham after we sold him either, although, we did get 11 million for him
977 Posted 07/06/2013 at 15:53:54
James Stewart
982 Posted 07/06/2013 at 16:02:36
Sorry Peter don't agree. Carsley was a perfect example of that side which finished 4th. Harding working but shite. See also Naithsmith, Kilbane, Bent, Watson I could go on.... The best DM's can play the ball something which was alien to Carsley. He is a dinosaur. Gibson and Fellaini are far superior in everyway. Carsley gave away constant fouls in and around the box. But agree to disagree with you on that one.

Yak nearly made it into my team but Rooney tips him on ability. I don't think there has ever been a more exciting player at goodison than 16 year old Rooney

Steve Mink
984 Posted 07/06/2013 at 16:04:50
Struggling to better James Stewart's 11.

Richard Dodd
987 Posted 07/06/2013 at 16:11:47
Seeing good honest pros described as `shite`and `headless chickens` shows how little respect some Evertonians have for lads who have given great service over the years.
Thank God there are a few of us who recognise that those very same players wore the Everton shirt with pride!
992 Posted 07/06/2013 at 16:21:54
Richard Dodd,
Get off your high horse! These players are and were paid thousands of pounds a week to play for our beloved club. We are the ones who pay for season tickets with our own hard-earned cash. We are entitled to say what we thought of players' performances.
996 Posted 07/06/2013 at 16:32:42
Mark Frere,

With regards to AJ he was the slowest quick player I've seen plus if the ball from his boot went in the direction it was going without it hitting the defender his goals return would have been vastly reduced, ie, deflected goals. The one against Watford was heading for the gap in-between the Bullens and the Park End until it deflected.

I also think, had he not scored twice in the derby, the crowd would have been on his back a lot sooner than they were; them goals carried him

His three-nil celebration will go down in derby history though...

997 Posted 07/06/2013 at 16:43:43
James

Naismith and Carsley in the same sentence is an insult to Lee Carsley

999 Posted 07/06/2013 at 16:46:32
Kilbane is also an insult to Carsley. Kilbane was a dreadful footballer and I can't believe he applied his trade as a winger, i'd give him 100& for effort but zero for effectiveness. Was good at scoring goals with his head though
001 Posted 07/06/2013 at 16:57:44
Mark

True about Kilbane and that gap in his front teeth made him look a twat too,how dare he darken our door

Shane Corcoran
002 Posted 07/06/2013 at 16:58:10
Mark, if he was good at scoring goals with his head then how can he get zero for effectiveness.

Also, the biggest laugh missed is the selection of Big Dunc up front on the opening piece.

Richard Dodd
003 Posted 07/06/2013 at 16:59:45
Frere @ evey other post: Perhaps this thread should be headed `Worst of the Worst` so fond are some of us in slagging off Everyone and Everything Everton!
010 Posted 07/06/2013 at 17:24:00
Dodd@ everything's wonderful at Everton.com. Its not a crime to say something negative a bout past players performances. I'm not a HOLOCAUST DENIER or anything like that. If you've even noticed, I have given players credit where its due
Denis Richardson
011 Posted 07/06/2013 at 17:28:37
Sorry, I couldn't help myself when I went down memory lane, I give you another A-team.......if you've got a problem and no one else can help, you may want to call.....

Richard Wright
Eddie Bosnar, Anthony Gardner, Per Krøldrup, Nuno Valente
Andy aan der Meyde, Simon Davies, Segundo Castillo, Diniyar Bilyaletdinov, Rodrigo
Beattie

Subs: Hahnemann, Stracqualursi, Gueye, Naismith, McFadden (Mk II), Senderos, Lie Wei Feng, Anichebe.

I thank you all.....

013 Posted 07/06/2013 at 17:42:19
Denis

Some of them players never got a single first team game

However I completely forgot about segundo,fuck me he was terrible

Brian Morgan
030 Posted 07/06/2013 at 19:08:02
As good as Baines is, he will never be as good as Ray Wilson.
Duncan McDine
031 Posted 07/06/2013 at 18:45:45
Mark, I totally agree that AJ ended up a headless chicken... partly due to his lack of confidence which was triggered by the 'dive' claims, and partly due to Moyes turning him into a different player (same as the other top strikers we've had).

To forget how exceptional he was though (for an albeit short period) either highlights your poor memory, or poor judgement. same goes for Yak and Jelly - hopefully roberto doesnt have a habbit of wrecking his strikers.

Ross Edwards

Zip.

Nothing.

Fuck all.

Diddly squat

Jack shit.

Not a fucking carrot.

And there it is gents - the list of what you know about football if your team didn't contain the name 'Rooney'.

Ross Edwards
040 Posted 07/06/2013 at 19:22:57
It's a matter of opinion really isn't it Eugene, we didn't see as much of Shrek as we wanted to sadly, but I do agree with you on Rooney.
Steve Kidd
042 Posted 07/06/2013 at 19:33:25
In regards to Zinedine Kilbane, he was hugely effective for us in his short time at the club. He consistently won the ball whenever it was fed up to him by Martyn giving the team a chance to build up the play. As well as this, he chipped in with a fair few important goals!
Eugene Ruane
043 Posted 07/06/2013 at 19:32:16
Ross (040) - "It's a matter of opinion really isn't it Eugene"

Yes of course it is...but imo, only technically.

I mean if you wanted, you could say "I think that arl blonde one with the short hair and face like an axe out of Eastenders is prettier than Cheryl Cole".

Not against the law to say it, but if you did, I'm sure you'd agree, you couldn't blame (normal) people for thinking your judgement was flawed.

062 Posted 07/06/2013 at 20:03:29
Eugene

Your posts always intrigue me and I practically always agree with you,Shirley is a fucking rotting whore but I bet that Geordie slag has had more cocks than her

As for Rooney,he's in my best 11,people seem to forget that every time this fella picked the ball up the whole stadium were on the edge of their seat,that is very rare,hes a truly world class player and for me in any Moyes side bar none

Joe McMahon
069 Posted 07/06/2013 at 20:24:37
What - no Osman!?!
Tony Marsh, love it - your choice makes my blood run cold. It makes you realise how many bad/average players we have had to suffer in a blue shirt in the Premiership/Kenwright years.
071 Posted 07/06/2013 at 20:29:09
Osmans inclusion in his line up is just wrong I'm afraid,he deserves far more credit
Ian Bennett
074 Posted 07/06/2013 at 20:33:50
What the hell did Kilbane and Weir do wrong for £1.5m the pair?
Carl Taylor
079 Posted 07/06/2013 at 20:43:12
Graham, Arteta lack of class comes from wanting to leave for because he thought Arsenal were a better club. Remember who made you, just like Lescott should, although at least he got paid loads more! By the way, how can anyone have a Moyes 11 without Tim Cahill? How short are some people's memories?
081 Posted 07/06/2013 at 20:36:44
Ian Bennett 074
I thought Weir was an excellent signing for the money and was a very competent CB.

However, I might of been a tad harsh before, when I said Kilbane had zero effectiveness, the lad worked his socks off and chipped in with the odd goal, imagine if Andy Van der Mayde had Kilbane's same level of attitude? Kilbane was a left winger and I expect to see much more ability from a player playing in that position.

Imagine if Kilbane was in today's Everton squad, he would be the equivalent of Naismith. dreadful.

Ian Bennett
085 Posted 07/06/2013 at 20:52:47
I can name you a whole lot worst than zidine Kilbane.
Wayne McNee
137 Posted 08/06/2013 at 00:27:22
Everyone's forgot about Pistone. He officially had 2 terms under Moyes. Released & re-signed. He was awful at Newcastle & then was quite reliable aside a "Neville-esque" pass back I think? Still he's made it to neither good or bad teams so I guess he was just average? This is a bit of a non comment! Sorry...
Wayne McNee
138 Posted 08/06/2013 at 00:32:56
Oh no... Was it Smith?
Eric Myles
142 Posted 08/06/2013 at 00:51:53
Carl #079, Arteta left because the Club needed money to pay the banks which is where the £10 million disappeared to.
Anto Byrne
159 Posted 08/06/2013 at 05:15:07
Didn't Moyes inherit Gazza? He was in his day a great footballer, Rooney playing behind the Centre-Forward and an in-form Jelavic playing his natural game would get the nod. Tony Hibbert and Baines David Weir and Stubbs were solid; however Lescott has to have a place. Carsley or Gibson? Arteta of course. Jonny H was our player of the season and I would have him in my best 14 players.
Billy Bradshaw
160 Posted 08/06/2013 at 06:14:09
It is interesting to see how many people have Cahill in their team. Personally I think he was the cause of us playing unatractive ball for so long and the proof of this has been seen during the last couple of seasons were we have played some of the best football played under Moyes.
Al Philby
162 Posted 08/06/2013 at 07:10:12

Hibbert
Baines
Jagielka
Lescott

Carsley
Gravesen
Arteta

Mirallas
Cahill
Ferguson

Tony Cheek
173 Posted 08/06/2013 at 08:58:14
Really going for it here!.....KnifetoGunfight Rovers!

----------------------Martyn------------------

Coleman------Jelavic-------Johnson-------Baines

Mirallas-------Drenthe-----Rooney--------Pienaar

------------Ferguson------Yakubu-------------

Chris Morris
178 Posted 08/06/2013 at 09:25:36
I was a huge Arteta fan but some people have short memories
Steve Pugh
179 Posted 08/06/2013 at 09:39:15
All this proves is how radically different people's views are regarding our players.

It's also interesting which people choose to look for the negatives rather than the positives.

Eugene 39, totally agree.

Eugene Ruane
180 Posted 08/06/2013 at 09:47:04
Tony (173) - My mystical powers say discipline goes out of the window. Ferguson, Rooney, Drenthe sent off, we finish with just 6 outfield players (I know it's technically seven but I'm not counting Yak as he just ambled about for the entire game looking like he'd rather have been somewhere else)
Chris Morris
182 Posted 08/06/2013 at 09:53:13
Al Philby 162

4-3-3 under Moyes. Are you insane?????

Peter Mills
183 Posted 08/06/2013 at 09:31:18
Ian Pilkington # 787, I kind of get your point but I reckon Brian Labone, Alan Ball, Peter Reid and Neville Southall would look at Martyn, Jagielka, Gough, Baines, Lescott, Arteta, Cahill and Rooney (at least) and think "you're good enough to play alongside us". Not sure what their view of the Stracq would have been...
Nick Withers

Gibson
Osman
Yakubu
Cahill

Tony Cheek
231 Posted 08/06/2013 at 14:14:12
Aha Eugene! My team would piss round anyone, they would never get the ball!
Eugene Ruane
234 Posted 08/06/2013 at 14:53:43
Tony (231) - "My team would piss round anyone, they would never get the ball!"

Just as well as Yak certainly wouldn't be doing any chasing to retrieve a lost ball, that's for darn-tootin'.

Steven Telford
255 Posted 08/06/2013 at 16:24:55
----------------------Martyn------------------

Coleman------Lescott------- Jags-------Baines

Mirallas-------Arteta----- Graverson--------Fernandes
---------------------Cahill
-------------------------Rooney-------------

Subs: Fellaini, Distan, Drenthe, Pienaar
Maybe I'm playing Fernandes out of position, if so, would reshuffle or put Pienaar on - but only because of how he plays with Bains, not because I rate him highly

Criminal to see some people left Cahill out. I would have him as captain.

Steven Telford
256 Posted 08/06/2013 at 16:48:01
Great to see how many people select Coleman!
David Chait
277 Posted 08/06/2013 at 18:06:19
Neville Jagielka Lescott Baines
Fellaini
Donovan Fernandes Arteta Pienaar
Yakubu

That central 3 would pass circles around almost any team and has bite. Best combo by far. Mirallas needs to have one more season to get the spot. Jelavic blew his spot this season.

Mal Christopher
283 Posted 08/06/2013 at 18:49:57
How about best 11 on loan or short term contracts to everton, here is mine, I am sure there is a better 11?

Pat Jennings
Lucas Neill
Richard Gough
Mikel Arteta
Steven Pienaar
Manuel Fernandes
Thomas Gravesen
Duncan Ferguson
Royston Drenthe
Landon Donavon
Philippe Senderos

Really scraping the loan defenders barrel for my last choice!

Stephen Brown
284 Posted 08/06/2013 at 18:44:46
A slight variation on the theme. A Moyes uk ( inc Eire) 11 v foreign 11 . Who wins ?

Uk

Martyn Coleman Baines jags lescott , Osman Carsley Gibson Rodwell ? Rooney Ferguson

Rest of world
Howard Heitinga Valente Yobo Distin, Miralas Arteta Fellaini Pienaar, Cahill Yakubu

I'm going for a uk win 3-2 despite a dodgy midfield !

317 Posted 08/06/2013 at 20:41:52
Joe Royle's Best 11 vs Moyes's Best 11:

Southall
Jackson Watson Unsworth Hinchcliffe
Kanchelskis Parkinson Horne Limpar
Barmby
Ferguson

Coleman Jags Distin Baines
Mirallas Carsley Gravesen Arteta
Cahill
Yakubu

It's a tough call, who would win? Moyes's Best 11 would just shade it for me.

Mick Quirke
376 Posted 08/06/2013 at 22:40:13
Coleman Jagielka Lescott Baines
Mirallas Arteta Fellaini Pienaar
Cahill
Yakubu
Eric Myles
413 Posted 09/06/2013 at 00:52:37
Chris #178, I remember Arteta being sold at the 11th hour on transfer deadline day and the £10 million going straight to the bank to pay off overdraft which they had asked for.

If the player had wanted to leave he would have asked for a transfer at the beginning of the window so as to get his better pay deal earlier and to have time to gel with his new team.

Anto Byrne
514 Posted 09/06/2013 at 11:51:54
Moyes's best v Kendall's best. Hmmm is there anyone who might have got a game in Kendall's best from Moyes 11 years? Arteta, Lescott and Baines maybe.
583 Posted 09/06/2013 at 17:33:05
Anto Byrne

Baines just edges it over Pat Van Den Hauwe for me, but Baines would be the only payer good enough to get in Kendall's best 11