Liverpool FC, Everton FC, Liverpool City Council and Merseyside Police have announced plans to improve stadium access ahead of Saturday's Merseyside derby:
- Turnstiles open from 11am
- All home and away fans encouraged to arrive by 12:15pm
- To avoid queues and delays getting into the stadium, a new queue management system introduced for fans arriving after 12:15pm
- Everton stewards will be present and working on away turnstiles
- Anfield regeneration work continues — some pedestrian access roads are now closed
Liverpool Football Club, Everton Football Club, Liverpool City Council and Merseyside Police are working in partnership to improve fans' access to Anfield Stadium ahead of the Merseyside Derby.
These new measures are being put in place following congestion outside the stadium on Anfield Road at the last Merseyside Derby in January 2014. Liverpool City Council's Safety Advisory Group met after the last derby match to discuss the issue and the Group's recommendations will be activated at the upcoming Merseyside derby.
As a result the following activity will be put in place on Saturday 27th September at Anfield stadium:
- Turnstiles will be open from 11am and fans are required to be inside the stadium by 12:15pm (30 minutes before kick-off).
- Any fans arriving after 12:15pm will experience a new queue management system around the stadium to ensure a steady flow of fans entering Anfield.
- Everton stewards will be helping with the operation and will be present at the away turnstiles.
As well as these new measures all fans should also check their journey for changes as a result of the ongoing regeneration work around Anfield.
The current work and erection of construction hoardings adjacent to the Stadium means that pedestrian access via Rockfield Road, Back Rockfield Road and Lothair Road is no longer accessible by foot or vehicle. Fans will be rerouted via Anfield Road and Walton Breck Road.
The disabled drop-off point has also moved and is now situated on Anfield Road at the head of the Central Reservation of Utting Avenue between Arkles Road and Wylva Road. There are no changes to car parking access and facilities, taxi drop-off points or key bus services including Merseytravel's Soccer Bus and 917 services. The Anfield Road car park will however be closed one hour before kick-off.
New signage is positioned around the stadium to direct fans and additional stewards and Police officers will be present to help reroute pedestrians and vehicles to minimise disruption.
The routine road closures, Walton Breck Road (10 minutes prior to kick-off) Anfield Road (45 minutes prior to kick-off) will remain in place.
While work is ongoing, Liverpool FC would like to ask fans for their support by keeping to the designated pedestrian access roads and allow extra time to get to the stadium.
Reader Comments (1)
Note: the following content is not moderated or vetted by the site owners at the time of submission. Comments are the responsibility of the poster. Disclaimer
1 Posted 26/09/2014 at 09:40:12
Add Your Comments
In order to post a comment, you need to be logged in as a registered user of the site.
Or Sign up as a ToffeeWeb Member — it's free, takes just a few minutes and will allow you to post your comments on articles and Talking Points submissions across the site.