Happy Christmas

by   |   25/12/2020  47 Comments  [Jump to last]

Just thought as it is Christmas Day – time to be reflective. Thanks to Michael and Lyndon for providing a forum that has for more than 20 years been a positive part of my life.

I have met and become friends with wonderful people who have made my day so many times. I won't mention names but there are so many good folk on this site. I have argued and debated with many and back in the day it was fierce.

However, I have never encountered a Blue on this site that I would not have a pint with. One of my closest friends was writing a guide to fan sites. Sadly he died before it was completed. He was the cleverest man I ever met and this was the best site he visited.

Sentimentality is underrated in my view. So Happy Christmas to all of you. We were chosen (cursed?). Being an Evertonian has made me happy.

back Return to Talking Points index  :  Add your Comments »

Reader Comments (47)

Michael Kenrick
Editorial Team
1 Posted 25/12/2020 at 07:56:13
Thank you, Andy, great message, and very much appreciated.

I know you've been through the ringer at times, and even flounced off in response to the trials and tribulations of supporting the Blues. But here you are... it's a Christmas Miracle!

Have a great Christmas!
Derek Thomas
2 Posted 25/12/2020 at 08:21:37
And so say all of us!
Thomas Richards
3 Posted 25/12/2020 at 08:23:51
Happy Christmas, Andy, and to all fellow Blues wherever you may be.

Andy, hard being a blue at times, I echo your sentiments. But we are stuck with it mate, until the day we pass. I wouldn't have it any other way. All the best.

Patrick McFarlane
4 Posted 25/12/2020 at 09:29:18
Merry Christmas to one and all as we all hope for a better 2021.
Bill Griffiths
5 Posted 25/12/2020 at 09:44:54
All the best Andy and all Toffee Webber's everywhere.

Let's hope we can have another get-together in the not-too-distant future. COYB.

Brent Stephens
6 Posted 25/12/2020 at 10:07:44
Season's greetings one and all.
Peter Gorman
7 Posted 25/12/2020 at 10:38:58
Merry Christmas ya filthy animals (and a Happy New Year).
Steve Dawson
8 Posted 25/12/2020 at 11:14:05
Merry Christmas to all Blues everywhere, greetings from Long Island, New York...
Jon Harding
9 Posted 25/12/2020 at 11:42:27
Merry Christmas Blues!

Just opened my pressies and received an Everton Legends desktop calendar – 11 proper legends plus Ossie. [Sorry if you're reading this, Leon.]

My Evertonian son (the clever university student one) instantly pointed out: No Dixie. Interesting.

And a Happy New Year with Big Dunc for the month of January.

Ajay Gopal
10 Posted 25/12/2020 at 11:53:19
Merry Christmas, friends of TW, wherever you are. Hoping for better things to come in 2021 - to all humanity, and especially every Evertonian. May this be the year when we break the silverware drought.

Thank you, Lyndon and Michael, for providing this fantastic forum for the most lunatic bunch of fans on the planet!

Andy Finigan
11 Posted 25/12/2020 at 12:06:01
Hi to all my beloved Blue family. I hope after Wednesday you are all feeling a little better, as I know I am. Here's willing us to a win on Boxing Day.

Also a massive thank you to all of your write-ups which I look forward to reading every day. Thank you to the ToffeeWeb team you know who you are. Merry Christmas, one and all.

Brian Murray
12 Posted 25/12/2020 at 12:28:58
Merry Xmas, Blue Boys. Hope Santa and Carlo really deliver. Coyb
Niall McIlhone
13 Posted 25/12/2020 at 12:53:24
Christmas greetings to all, and yes, Andy, a deserved shout out to Michael and Lyndon. This year may have been the worst year of our lives for many, but ToffeeWeb has been a tonic through good times and bad in 2020.

Without wishing to get overly sentimental, I think it important to remember also that Everton FC (EitC) have done marvellous work with local communities in Merseyside for quite a few years now and our club has a strong beating heart.

Here's to a better 2021 for all Toffees worldwide. COYB

Steve Shave
14 Posted 25/12/2020 at 13:48:09
Merry Christmas fellow Toffees, I'm really glad I took the plunge and started to be a part of this community this year. Here's to a better 2021 and to a roaring second half of the season for the Blues. :)
Jason Wilkinson
15 Posted 25/12/2020 at 13:48:10
Merry Xmas to one and all. 3 points at Sheffield Utd please. COYBB
Tom Fazal
16 Posted 25/12/2020 at 14:27:38
Merry Christmas from Ottawa, Canada to Toffees, one and all. Thanks to Michael and Lyndon for managing the site and all the Toffees who post here for making it THE go to site for Blues supporters. I may not agree with some of what is said but I defend their right to say it. :o)

I hope all have a Happy, Healthy New Year and that we get our lives back sooner rather than later. In the meantime, stay safe.

Dave Brierley
17 Posted 25/12/2020 at 14:39:50
Brilliant Andy.

All the very best to you and all Blues and let's hope 2021 is better year in every way.

Thanks Lyndon and Michael. Not an easy job but you make it look seamless.

Mick O'Malley
18 Posted 25/12/2020 at 14:42:37
Happy Christmas to all on ToffeeWeb and Blues everywhere. I don't comment much but I love reading the to and fro on the site from Blues especially after a game, there's a lot of very knowledgeable blues on here and all we want is a team to be proud of.
Steve Brown
19 Posted 25/12/2020 at 15:07:47
Merry Xmas from Singapore.

Hope all blues have a safe and healthy 2021. My biggest wishes are to see my sons (who I have been able to meet for 12 months) and Everton to win a trophy, in that order. Not much to ask, surely!

Tony Abrahams
20 Posted 25/12/2020 at 15:30:51
Hope you have a great day reminiscing Andy, about the good times, and even the bad times, that define us as human beings.

Merry Christmas to everyone who comes on to this fantastic website, even the groaners and the moaners, and especially the men that make it all possible, Lyndon and Michael K.

All the best boys, and give me the next game you want to go to at Goodison, Andy, and I will provide you with your Christmas present mate!

Chris Williams
21 Posted 25/12/2020 at 15:43:08
Tony,

All the best to you, and your family. Have a good day. Best wishes to Michael and Lyndon too, and to all.

Been listening to some nice Christmas sounds and looking forward to listening to my new stuff tomorrow.

Take care all, keep safe, keep sane.

Paul Birmingham
22 Posted 25/12/2020 at 16:00:40
All The Best of Seasons Greetings to All Evertonians & TWrs across the globe.

All stay safe and well and have a great Chrimbo.

Everton to show bottle and character and beat the Blades tomorrow.<

Jay Harris
23 Posted 25/12/2020 at 16:06:41
Merry xmas and an even more prosperous new year to all ToffeeWebbers.

A special shout out to Lyndon and Michael for maintaining what must be the best fan website on the web.

Andy,
Nollaig Shona Duit

"May the most that you wish for be the least that you get."

Darryl Ritchie
24 Posted 25/12/2020 at 16:30:32
Here’s to a very merry Christmas and a much, much, much better New Year for one and all.

The football, even without the fans, has really helped me cope with a dismal 2020. ToffeeWeb is my link to the Blue universe, and I rely on it, and all of you, every day.

All the best.

Jamie Crowley
25 Posted 25/12/2020 at 16:50:38
This is the last Santa Christmas in the Crowley household, as the 11-year-old will graduate into "Santa knowledge" at some point in 2021.

I woke up at 5-fucking-30 in the morning... 23 years of Santa nights now over. Exhausted, I logged on to TW.

That kind of says a lot. Had to check out TW...

Merry Christmas to all, Merry Christmas to you Andy Crooks and Thank You for the thread, Thank You, Michael and Lyndon for this wonderful site, and UTFB!

ps: - two Christmas presents were a new Blue tie for special events, and an EFC water bottle for workouts and whatnot. Nice.

Dale Self
26 Posted 25/12/2020 at 17:58:52
Merry Christmas Toffee People!

We all know you don't get to choose your family and I just want to express how grateful I am that you will have me in this one. Advance apologies for crap analysis, barbed comments and general neanderfuck behavior. It's football and it's Everton – what can I do?

Tony Abrahams
27 Posted 25/12/2020 at 19:16:01
Same to you Chris, enjoy your music, and don’t forget to keep posting your lyrics on that other thread mate! All the best for the future Chris, hope you’ve had a great day.
Chris Williams
28 Posted 25/12/2020 at 19:27:44
Cheers Tony,

Thanks for the good wishes mate. Nice day yes, quieter with all this stuff going on.

I've put a few more bits and pieces on the reasons to be cheerful thread, including a bit of Christmas stuff, which you might like.

Take care.

Thomas Richards
29 Posted 25/12/2020 at 19:28:22
Chris, Tony.

The power of music summed up for me.

Sam Hoare
30 Posted 25/12/2020 at 19:32:50
Happy Christmas all. Hope you all have a joyous day. Or something approaching it.

As usual one of my New Year's resolutions will be to spend a little less time on here. And as usual I will fail.

3 points tomorrow please. COYB.

Bobby Mallon
31 Posted 25/12/2020 at 19:51:56
Little Donkey my favourite Xmas tune.
Lyndon Lloyd
Editorial Team
32 Posted 25/12/2020 at 20:04:28
Happy Christmas to all our readers. Lord knows it hasn't been an easy year but hopefully the festive season finds you healthy and ready for what we hope will be a successful 2021 for the Toffees.

If I’ve been a bit remiss in terms of previews and reports the past week it's because I haven't been well - we've had the dreaded virus in the house, although half of us have tested negative (including me) so who knows what's going on. Regardless, best wishes for a great Christmas season to you all!

Stephen Brown
33 Posted 25/12/2020 at 20:13:43
Happy Christmas all Evertonians!

Thanks to Lyndon (get well soon!) and Michael for this outstanding website!

🤞 for 3 points tomorrow.

Neil Copeland
34 Posted 25/12/2020 at 20:17:47
Andy, well said sir.

Lyndon, pleased to hear that you all sound well and look forward to reading your next write up.

All TWs Merry Christmas and a fantastic New Year.

Paul Tran
35 Posted 25/12/2020 at 20:26:07
Happy Christmas to Blues everywhere. Hope you're all safe and well!
Brian Williams
36 Posted 25/12/2020 at 20:37:27
All the best Andy mate. Look forward to seeing you again when the world returns to normality.
Laurie Hartley
37 Posted 25/12/2020 at 22:33:12
Brian - I hope you see Andy before then😉

Merry Christmas Andy - we needed that post.

Chris Jones [NZ]
38 Posted 25/12/2020 at 22:36:10
All the best to all Blues wherever you are. It's Boxing Day here in NZ and I've just gotten off the phone to rellies back home in Wales. I can only imagine the shit many of you are having to deal with at the moment, hopefully our shared love of this club can give us all a bit of distraction from it all.

Just want to add my thanks to Lyndon and Michael for all that they do and to all of you that post on here. I don't post too often myself but try to read every day.

Take care folks
Kia kaha (stay strong)

Andy Finigan
39 Posted 25/12/2020 at 22:47:06
Thank you for the kind replys. But it's in our hearts. We all feel the same about us (Everton football club). Someone said this week we are down for a few days when we lose then we slowly start to feel better (like a wilting shoot before the rains in the sehara). You don't know me and I may not no many of you but after years of reading your life line comments I know the passion which flows through your vains.

Please even when posters disagree and even give upsetting replies, keep them coming as we rely on you to get through life. Tony what a gem on here and a true thorabread of an Evertonian. You and all on here are the true life of Our great club. The best fooking club bar non in the world.
Jerome Shields
40 Posted 25/12/2020 at 23:14:07
Happy Xmas Andy.
Peter Mills
41 Posted 25/12/2020 at 23:29:40
Happy Christmas Andy. You’re a top man.
Peter Mills
42 Posted 25/12/2020 at 23:33:21
Sorry - happy Christmas to EVERYONE on here.
Alex Gray
43 Posted 25/12/2020 at 23:34:20
Bit late but merry christmas all. A lot of us have different views but we all want the very best for the club that is no doubt a big part of our lives! Fingers crossed next year we finally get to hear Goodison roar!

All the very best lads!

Christine Foster
44 Posted 26/12/2020 at 03:59:19
Merry Christmas to everyone, everywhere, but especially to Michael and Lyndon, without whom there would be little Christmas cheer!
I've met some wonderful people on here, the occasional nutter too! But what makes all our blue worlds tick is ToffeeWeb, even in such troubled times its been a shining oasis for everyone of us. Good look to you all, keep well but thank to each and everyone of you for enriching my life! Merry Christmas and a brilliant 2021.
Darren Hind
45 Posted 26/12/2020 at 10:51:24
WOW !!!

Great effort from Lyndon to show up despite his family problems and what about Michael? On duty first thing Christmas morning! A measure of the sort of dedication required to produce a site like this. Take a well-earned bow, guys.

Good will wishes to Blues everywhere.

This time next year...

Santosh Benjamin
46 Posted 27/12/2020 at 05:57:17
Dear fellow TWers and Evertonians everywhere,

Sorry about the late wishes for Christmas. I've been on call at the hospital and didn't get time to check in on TW till the game early this morning. This has been a crazy year for everyone and many of of us have lost near and dear ones to this dreaded disease. The situation in India is a bit better now but I am worried that we will start to see more cases again.

It is such a pleasure and honour to be able to be a part of the TW family. I love the discussion and the debates and it helps me forget all that is happening in the world. I want to thank Lyndon, Michael and all those in charge of TW for all they do for us fans.

I'm still not sure how we are 2nd in the Premier League but I am still buzzing from our performances. I couldn't have asked for a better end to the year with our recent performances.

Wishing everyone a Blessed Christmas. Stay safe everyone!

Eugene McLoughlin
47 Posted 27/12/2020 at 16:25:38
Well said, Andy, and reciprocate those sentiments to Michael and Lyndon!! Hear, Hear!!