Where will Everton Finish?

by   |   11/03/2021  24 Comments  [Jump to last]

How high in the league will Everton finish? We are unlikely to finish in the top three but finishing in the top six is within our means. Set out below are the remaining fixtures for the teams currently in positions four to ten.

So although not listing the fixtures for both Manchester clubs and Leicester it does show the top ten games they can influence.

Everton have to play 6 games against current top 10 clubs
Chelsea 5 games
West Ham 4 games
Tottenham 6 games
Liverpool 3 games
Aston Villa 8 games
Arsenal 4 games

Where will Everton finish?

I will leave it up to you as individuals to decide if playing the teams around us makes our fixtures easier or harder. Go through the lists and add up the total points you think each team will achieve and then you will have your predicated Everton finish for the season. At the end are the current positions and points achieved to date for each team

11 Remaining fixtures for Everton:

Everton v Burnley
Everton v Crystal Palace
Brighton v Everton
Everton v Tottenham
Arsenal v Everton
Everton v Aston Villa
West Ham v Everton
Everton v Sheffield United
Everton v Wolves
Man City v Everton
(Aston Villa v Everton TBC)

10 Remaining fixtures for Chelsea

Aston Villa v West Brom
Everton v Aston Villa
Aston Villa v Manchester United
Crystal Palace v Aston Villa
Tottenham v Aston Villa
Aston Villa v Chelsea
(Aston Villa v Everton TBC)

11 Remaining Fixtures for Arsenal:

9) Arsenal 63 points
10) Aston Villa 53 points

back Return to Talking Points index  :  Add your Comments »

Reader Comments (24)

Darren Hind
1 Posted 12/03/2021 at 18:23:53
Takes a bit of effort to put together a piece like this Derek and I don't like the fact that this one has gone under the radar. Hopefully we can get the ball rolling.

This is the single most unpredictable season I have known... Ever... but here's the bizarre thing, I have been able to predict our games with monotonous regularity. Me? A card-carrying mug punter!

I got me fingers burnt against Chelsea, but I suspect that was for the first time this year. I underestimated their quality.

I like Carlo, but I make no secret out of the fact that I hate his approach to the game... but here's the rub: There are certain games when you look at the line-ups and you just know we are going to win... it's true.

I love a bet but I have long since called time on backing my Club. I even harboured thoughts of being a Hillman Minx. Not now. The bookies are sticking their chins out and, for the first time in my life, I am taking it to them.

So, to answer your question, Derek... I'm fucked if I know. I think we have become more predictable. It's the rest of the fuckers who are muddying the waters...

Dale Self
2 Posted 12/03/2021 at 18:39:58
Can't really see the outcome. Nice work summarizing this by the way. I suppose Spurs look like theirs is the easiest path but there have been so many results going against expectations that it may not matter. I'd be elated for fourth obviously but believe that we could well deserve 5th or 6th as long as the ankle biters don't hit a spectacular run of form.
Thomas Richards
3 Posted 12/03/2021 at 18:44:03
I reckon 6th to 8th Derek. Hopefully a bit better but top 4 won't happen in my opinion.

Good to see you back, Darren.

Brian Williams
4 Posted 12/03/2021 at 18:45:19
I did that Premier League results predictor yesterday and we ended up 7th, and that's my prediction.
Stephen Brown
5 Posted 12/03/2021 at 18:52:31
Win the next 3 league games and 4th is on!

4 points or less in those games we might come 8th or below?

Doucouré is a big miss!!

Bryan Houghton
6 Posted 12/03/2021 at 19:04:04
I suspect that, whichever position we finish, we will be able to understand that position by looking at the results of 3 games - the Spurs game (home), the Arsenal game (away), and (unbelievably, and slightly worryingly) the West Ham game (away).

I think they are all gonna be '6 pointers', each game has us/them scrapping for the same Europa League places. (I think ultimately Aston Villa are too dependent on Grealish this time round to push teams aside, and squeeze in.)

I also think that it is West Ham (even more worryingly) that have the best run-in. And with a manager who knows how to grind out results. I will feel a lot more confident of getting 6th or 7th once West Ham start to fall away.

I think Chelsea are away, and top 4 is sorted. I think Spurs are the team coming into form at the right time. I think they will overtake us (just), with us finishing 7th.

And I don't know how I feel about that. Europa League would still be a possibility, but it feels like a disappointment at the same time. And even for 7th, West Ham have to face plant. And with that run-in ...... for fuck's sake.

Although the top 4 will be a bit of a yawn fest, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th is gonna be one big bun fight. And VAR will also have way too much to say about it as well.

Gonna be one hell of a ride – seatbelts on!

Thomas Richards
7 Posted 12/03/2021 at 19:12:43
Regardless of position we finish in, Bryan, I reckon Carlo is on track to beat our best points total since Martinez achieved 72 points in his first season.

Considering he has been here just over a year, I am happy with that.

Will Mabon
8 Posted 12/03/2021 at 19:37:35
Thomas - you think we are going to win 9 of our remaining 11 games?

Edit: Sorry, Thomas - misread. Took it to mean beating 72 points!

Jim Bennings
9 Posted 13/03/2021 at 19:39:18
10th because we look like our race is ran.

Too many injuries, no useful substitutes and no goals in the side.

We were low scorers last season (less than 50 from 38 games) and we'll do well to hit 50 this season.

Home form has dampened the outstanding away record so it's just evened into mediocrity again unfortunately.

Barry Rathbone
10 Posted 14/03/2021 at 14:11:10
9th.

We play like a 9th place outfit and have had the rub of the green keeping us up there but that will turn. 9th is nailed on.

Thomas Richards
11 Posted 14/03/2021 at 14:18:48
I'm sticking with 6th to 8th.
Joe McMahon
12 Posted 14/03/2021 at 14:48:11
Taking into consideration no Doucouré, most probably James for the rest of the season. Our lack of goals and pitiful goal difference compared to all the current top 10, I'm thinking 9th or 10th. Probably 10th.

Robert Tressell
13 Posted 14/03/2021 at 14:53:47
6th to 9th. For every unexpectedly shit result, we often get an unexpectedly good one.
Geoff Williams
14 Posted 14/03/2021 at 15:03:49
Have no doubt that both Liverpool and Spurs will finish higher than us but there is a question over Arsenal. So for all the hype it is 8th or maybe 9th for me.
Jay Harris
15 Posted 14/03/2021 at 15:20:54
As long as we finish above the RS I don’t really care.
Top 4 is beyond us now.

I did a predictor recently which showed us ending an optimistic 5th but that was assuming an easy 3 points against Burnley.

Spurs have a tough run in and Arsenal and Villa have too much to do so as long as we don’t collapse I predict 7th place.

Let’s be honest we don’t deserve or warrant a place in the CL.

As always a season that promised so much and delivered so little.

Rob Dolby
16 Posted 14/03/2021 at 15:22:34
If we would have won easily yesterday I would have predicted 6th but we didn't.

I have us finishing 8th. We are running out of steam with injuries and lack of squad depth hindering our progress.

Steve Carse
17 Posted 14/03/2021 at 15:47:31
Whatever position the European qualification goes down to, we will finish in the position below. I suspect we hold some sort of record in managing to do that.
Kunal Desai
18 Posted 14/03/2021 at 19:01:40
7th still, got to be the aim. Probably need to win 4 and a few draws.
Brendan McLaughlin
19 Posted 14/03/2021 at 19:11:10
7th but later after the first bottle of "happy" red...maybe 5th/6th. Then I make the mistake of opening the "melancholy" second and we're set for 9th/10th or worse.
David Pearl
20 Posted 14/03/2021 at 19:26:50

Fingers crossed we have no more injuries and when Coleman and James return they play in every game.

Also hope we finish above the shite as l have a £500 bet with a total gobshite of the highest order.

I don't think anything can be predicted. How Carlo hasn't yet fixed our home form is very irritating. Embarrassing actually. I'm also not having people saying Holgate isn't a right back when for both us and wba he has played there many many times. Too much to say but l repeat myself. Its not over yet. 30 points to play for.

Brendan McLaughlin
21 Posted 14/03/2021 at 20:25:31
David #20

Don't worry. if you lose, we'll crowd fund it. You don't work for a Nigerian bank though?

Danny Broderick
22 Posted 17/03/2021 at 19:59:32
7th/8th.
Geoff Williams
23 Posted 21/03/2021 at 10:00:00
Probably 9th and certainly no higher than 8th but 10th is still a possibility.
Geoff Trenner