To Go or Not To Go... ?

by   |   27/06/2021  46 Comments  [Jump to last]

With the imminent announcement of Rafa Benitez as the new manager of our football club, "To Go or Not To Go..?" That is the question

Many fans are threatening to either not renew their season tickets, ask for a full refund, or buy their season ticket but sell the seat via StubHub for every home game until such a time when Benitez is gone. This could be a long time because, if Benitez does well and we win a few trophies and are playing in Europe on a regular basis – and let's be honest, it's what we all want and crave for – then the EVerton board are not going to sack him.

My own personal opinion is simple. I don't want him. For his former connections to Liverpool and his "small club" jibe, I don't want him. However, I support the club, and the eleven players out there on the pitch.

Whenever I'm away on holiday and people ask me who I support, they don't ask "Which manager do you follow" or "Which player do you follow", the question is always "Which team do you follow?" Okay, it would inevitably lead to discussion about Benitez but, by reading comments on other social media outlets, particularly the BBC football website, it would appear that most neutrals think we are getting a great manager, and we would be foolish not to appoint him. Only time will tell, and besides, it's not their club that Benitez is about to join – it's ours!

So, as I say, I don't want him, but I will be attending every game, home and away next season – if covid restrictions are lifted, that is – and I will be supporting the 11 players out there on the pitch, and not the manager. The worst manager we ever appointed, Allardyce, didn't stop me from following my team, so Benitez certainly won't. Players and managers come and go, but supporters are here forever, and now is the time for us all to stick together.

Let's not turn this into a slanging match between everyone. Everyone's opinions and thoughts are welcome. I know we have an awful lot of overseas fans who contribute on ToffeeWeb, as well as fans up and down the country who are unable to attend home games, but we are all Blues, so everyone's opinion is welcome as to whether they would attend or not.

So: "To Go or Not To Go?" That is the question!

back Return to Talking Points index  :  Add your Comments »

Reader Comments (46)

Barry Hesketh
1 Posted 27/06/2021 at 12:51:02
If I was unhappy enough with the managerial appointment to feel the need to make my feelings known to the movers and shakers at the club, I'd purchase my season ticket and leave my seat empty until the time came when the focus of my ire had been removed and then retake my seat, or I'd give up my season ticket full stop. To me that would be the least disruptive thing that I could do, whilst trying to make my point.

Any other more active measures that folk believe should be implemented, won't achieve anything more than my simple yet probably futile gesture, but those measures may do far greater harm to the reputation of the club and the team's chances of success - we are already up against it, why would actively demonstrating our dislike of the new boss, help us to improve the situation? Would it really change the mind of the owner? If the new boss doesn't improve on this years performances, he'll likely be gone wihin a year anyway.

I do think appointing Benitez is a bad move, but only because I don't think he's up to the task, and possibly like Ancelotti, he sees the opportunity to feather his family's nest, without too much risk to his own reputation. Everton FC the club where self-inflicted damage is a constant.

David Pearl
3 Posted 27/06/2021 at 17:36:13
My first reaction was that l wouldn't go to Goodison with him there. I'm still numb. Of course l want us to win. If Brands gets the recruitment right this summer, and given we have another easyish start, then RB has a chance to start well and perhaps that will soften us fans.

Tactically he is too similar to Carlo and just don't see it working. You never know l guess.

Has anyone seen the start Norwich has? Brutal.

Peter Mills
4 Posted 27/06/2021 at 17:40:36
Rob, I support Everton Football Club and will be renewing my season ticket, whoever the hired hand is. But if it is Benitez, a little bit of sick will rise to my mouth when I see him on the touchline. I don't like him.

He may prove me wrong but I think he will fail and waltz off with a large wedge. If he succeeds I will doff my chapeau to him.

I don't go to many away games now, but always watch them live on TV. However, I've decided that if an away match clashes with a Marine fixture I shall be watching the Mariners, I have found their level of football to be very entertaining.

Good luck on your travels, you deserve far better fare than has been served up to you over too many seasons.

Fran Mitchell
5 Posted 27/06/2021 at 17:48:41
"This could be a long time because, if Benitez does well and we win a few trophies and are playing in Europe on a regular basis – and let's be honest, it's what we all want and crave for – then the EVerton board are not going to sack him."

If Benitez wins things, then I have no problems. My issue with Benitez being hired is that he is a busted flush of a manager. His Liverpool history is not the main reason I don't want him, I don't want him because the evidence suggests he's a has-been, he hasn't done anything of note in over a decade and only wants the job cause it's convenient.

We will not be qualifying for Europe or winning trophies. We'll be finishing 13th-9th and going out the cups in the 5th round.

More of the same, essentially.

He's an appointment of stagnated mediocrity.

Not a season ticket holder. But someone who might occasionally go the game if I have the spare cash and a free weekend. But spend the best part of £80-100 for a day out of arrogant mediocrity. Not a chance.

Tony Abrahams
6 Posted 27/06/2021 at 18:37:08
I think I would have stopped going a few years ago, but I've obviously mellowed towards him and it was probably because of the job he did at Chelsea, whilst he was getting dogs abuse from his own fans.

I personally think the small club jibe was aimed at Evertonians, rather than at Everton FC, and as much as this is an unbelievably divisive appointment, I just hope that Usmanov, has done proper due-diligence this time, and his truly convinced that the once horrible, fat little Spaniard, can do a good job, turn us around, and end up with the Liverpudlians hating him, even more than thousands of Evertonians, currently do.

Dave Abrahams
7 Posted 27/06/2021 at 19:31:16
I will be going to every home match that the virus allows, it's very strange that small club remark by Benitez, because at the time he made it a Red Nose repeated it to me in the Lord Warden on London Road, I replied “ That small club has just played Liverpool three times in a couple of weeks and you haven't won one of them”. That included us knocking them out of the FA cup, with Goslings goal, while Rafa was busy writing down his penalty takers with extra time drawing to an end. I think we had the last laugh over that remark, and I've said worse to them over the years, take it and give it back!!
Will Mabon
8 Posted 27/06/2021 at 19:49:18
About how I see it, Rob.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinions and actions, it just seems a bit of an empty threat really, to give up a season ticket and it does nothing. Writing to the club for what that itself is worth, would be better. Now, if half the crowd regularly stayed away over an issue... but that won't happen.

I guess every year, a small number are forced to give up their ticket and a few choose to, but that's different. As I've said before, I think a lot more threaten it than would actually do it... that's frustration for you!

Maybe the bigger picture is the problem - the type of manager and the ambition it shows, or doesn't.

Dale Self
9 Posted 27/06/2021 at 19:55:08
Yes of course Go. Don't like the choice but we can get past it. And by the way I think the big slam on Rafa isn't the insult, it's that he chose to work with Ashley. Says it all right there
Neil Copeland
10 Posted 27/06/2021 at 20:01:10
I have just renewed my season ticket and see it as you do Rob, we support the team rather than individuals.

Not sure about Rafa, I'm not bothered by his small club remarks, to me that is just banter, but hope he still has “it”. He certainly seems fired up judging by the comments in the press. If he brings a higher level of discipline, fitness and stability it will be worth it. As I have stated in various posts in the past, I am very much an optimist so it may all be just bollocks!

Allen Rodgers
11 Posted 27/06/2021 at 20:08:51
Dave @7 I've been in the Lord Warden when it was full of kopites and stood my ground. They can't take it. I will renew my ST regardless of who comes in as manager.
David Pearl
12 Posted 27/06/2021 at 20:23:07
Follow, follow, follow, Everton is the team to follow... cuz there's nobody fatter than Rafa the gaffer, he's really a kopite you know.
Barry Rathbone
13 Posted 28/06/2021 at 10:38:30
I do think the vast majority of fans are very sanguine about anything their club does these days. Don't expect much reaction beyond social media venting as many go as a day out rather than ritual clan gathering of years past.

When a season ticket is purchased the feeling of obligation to attend or stand accused of wasting money must be quite strong. Interestingly attendances at "pay at the gate" cup games are markedly lower so I don't think supporting your team is the driving factor it was. Consequently the ire of yesteryear with cushions flying and fans voting with their feet have gone.

Let's be honest the most important thing about watching professional footy these days is the distraction provided by a smart phone

Tony McNulty
14 Posted 28/06/2021 at 11:35:31
Good stuff Rob. I agree with what you say. Your third paragraph sums it up for me.

I recall a phrase once used to Charlie Chaplin, when a friend told him: "You were received at the White House, but not embraced."

We don't get to make the appointment decision, but because we are Everton fans, we will support the club. We'll still be here when he has long gone.

If it is Rafa, he will have to be received, but like Allardyce, he will never be embraced.

As to those who put out the recent banner, they need to give their heads a shake.

Ian Burns
15 Posted 28/06/2021 at 11:40:05
Good article Rob given the many threats not to attend GP until Benitez is removed from his post.

This sentence from your article answers the question in a nutshell:

Well done and I also agree with every post which distances their support from those mindless idiots who think putting up a banner outside of his house has any place in a decent society.

Jim Lloyd
16 Posted 28/06/2021 at 11:43:58
Great Article, Rob.
Like most of the above posters, I support the Club, the players, even if some of them are useless (my view of them that is) I also support the manager, even if he isn't my choice (if I had one)
I've got my season ticket (well) I'll get soon but I don't go away games, I leave those weekends for getting off to the Lakes etc...if we can!

A lot of points that this choice (if it's taken) raises, and not just the ability of the manager to get us towards Europe. Or to stop the rot that may well come about after Ancellotti departed so suddenly, with only a few weeks for the players to prepare for the coming season.

The choice of manager. Interesting, as there's a number of Premiership clubs, including one of the Slimy Six, who are still looking for a manager, presumably from the same or similar list that the club's been working from.

Who chooses the manager? Well we don't know, or I certainly don't.
I hope, though, that Brands, who Moshiri has hired to oversee all things football, has a major part to play in the process of choosing from the list; and also the major role in buying players.

If that list, that has been shown on Toffee Web, is of all the available /desirable managers. A thorough process has been undertaken to decide who is most desirable from those. A short list is chosen and the manager who is cionsidered the best available is chosen. Then it seems to me, that Moshiri (and Usmanov, if that's the case) are very much aware of how massively important the next two or three seasons are going to be.

After the last manager left so suddenly, all the players who he and Brands had lined up to try for, has gone out the window now, because I think Ancellotti being manager would have a big bearing on any player's decision to come to Goodison.

For whatever reason, Nuno appears to be off the radar; and who is the best candidate who knows the Premier League, who has got his teams into Europe regularly, won trophies and got a team promoted to the Premiership. It seems to me that there is not many to choose from.

They've chosen one who to them, offer us the best chance of steering the club out of trouble. I don't think they are as stupid as some supporters seem to think they are. They have a lot more riding on the next 2/3 seasons than most clubs in the Premiership. They will not be wanting to change managers again, as rapidly as in the last 5 seasons, so they'll be going for stability first then the challenge for Europe.

The alternative to Moshiri, well is there one, well there's Kenwright I suppose.

As for those who have intimidated a potential manager's family, not on really, is it.

Kevin Prytherch
17 Posted 28/06/2021 at 11:50:42
I don't want him, but not because of the small club comments which, in all fairness, were not as bad as made out.

I don't want him because I think he peaked a long time ago and I don't see anything to suggest he has evolved as a manager. I think he is stuck in 10 years ago and will be easily found out, as Carlo was.

I also think we'll forever be in Liverpool's shadow with this appointment. Unless he wins the league or champions league, he will always have done better over there and we will forever have just appointed one of their cast offs. No longer good enough for the mighty Liverpool, but good enough for plucky little Everton.

I will not stop following Everton, I will not support Benetiz unless he does something really special.

Brent Stephens
18 Posted 28/06/2021 at 11:59:12
Top post, Rob. I wouldn't be staying away if he's appointed. I can't stand the guy but he's never going to get in the way of me and my support for the team.

"Whenever I'm away on holiday and people ask me who I support, they don't ask "Which manager do you follow" or "Which player do you follow", the question is always "Which team do you follow?" “

Says it all. We can sing the praises of any manager doing well for us but that's only because we're actually singing the praises of the team we love.

Colin Glassar
19 Posted 28/06/2021 at 12:00:48
Great post, Rob. Like I said on another thread, I've hated loads of players, managers and chairman in the past (and present) but I support the team whoever's in charge. Be it in the prem or the northern conference I'm an Evertonian through thick and thin.

The vile threat made to Rafa and his family doesn't represent the vast majority of Evertonians, not even most of the nutters on the live forum.

I didn't want Sam and I don't want Benitez but that doesn't change my support for the club. I respect those who won't go to the games as it's a valid, if doomed, option.

Dave Ganley
20 Posted 29/06/2021 at 16:52:59
I've already renewed my season ticket. I'm like you Rob, I support Everton, not the manager or any individual players, Everton the club. There have been plenty of managers who I personally didn't want, but I still went to the game. I can't understand people who have that attitude about not going because they don't like a manager. Where do you draw the line? Signed a player you don't like? Oh not going mate. Nah that's not for me. I'll support anybody who gets the job until they show they can't do the job. Unfortunately it's not part of the remit of a fan to be asked your opinion on whom is manager so we have to get on with it. You either support the club or you don't.
Darren Hind
21 Posted 30/06/2021 at 06:16:41
Rob

If Osama bin Laden was ever given the gig we would still have had 5-6 thousand fans chasing 2.8 thousand tickets for Tuesday night away games on the south coast. Some people simply have to go the match. You're one of them. It`s what you/they do.

My away days become fewer and further between as I get older. I have begun to fall down the pecking order when it comes to being "in" if I want a couple of tickets for an away game. I will always go to the home games, no matter who is in charge. The fact that I can walk to Goodison Park in 10 minutes has a big bearing on that but I understand others who feel differently. You don't have to go to the game to be a rabid blue these days... Even if you live in the City. Lockdown has proved that.

All I know is that those who don't go out of principle will swiftly realise that there will be plenty who will take their place.

We're all passionate Evertonians on this site (you woudn't be arsed coming on if you wasn't). The manager is merely somebody we fight about in-between games. Those who choose not to go the match out of principle will still be glued to their laptops, telly, phones for every game.

I don't see any exiled or new overseas blues taking action against Rafa's appointment, no matter how much they are against it.

You pays your money (or not, as the case may be) and you takes your choice

Danny O’Neill
22 Posted 30/06/2021 at 07:11:31
We will never walk away from Everton Rob. Virtually or in person.

I never knew why I supported and support Everton. I just did and do. My Dad said so. So I did and I do.

I don't get to home games as much as I'd like, but when I do, I spend a lot of money when you weigh up to round trip from London (ticket, travel, food and yes, too many bevies). I go to as many of the south east away fixtures as I can, but often in the home end as it's nigh on impossible getting Everton away tickets due to our incredible travelling support. Fulham is always a good day out and they have a neutral end, so always easy to get in there.

Now that my life is more stable in civilian streams, I've put myself down on the season ticket waiting list. Something I haven't been able to do since the early 90s. And I will gladly snap one up as soon as they offer me the opportunity. My son had one during his Uni days at John Moores during the Martinez years but we gave it up when he left.

Until then, I'll continue to exchange views (and blows) with equally minded passionate blues on sites like this.

As you say, we support Everton. Managers, players? They come and go.

We're in this for life. By birthright.

Mark Murphy
23 Posted 30/06/2021 at 07:40:53
At the beginning I was fuming and swore I'd "Disown them" but I've realised it's an empty and futile gesture and I'll be one of the thousands chasing a ticket for that South Coast match (no Biggie - it's where I live) that Darren talks of.
Anything to avoid the Live Forum!!
UTFT
Paul Swan
24 Posted 30/06/2021 at 07:42:02
I never joined in the debate over the manager as I actually believe Benitez was the best option of those names who were realistically available. However, the polarisation of the support in the meantime will be one complication possibly too far in the coming weeks and months. Anything which goes wrong on or off the field from this point on will be magnified out of all proportions by the anti group and we can expect a toxic atmosphere. However, if after a few months this hasn't happened it will mean we are moving in a positive direction which every supporter must admit is what we all want. I took a stance on a few occasions in the past and lost good seats in the ground over the continued appointment of people like Martinez but all that happens by doing this is that you realise it is pointless and ultimately someone else's arse is in your seat as you find yourself peering around a column for a couple of seasons feeling somewhat bitter and foolish. Seasons will come and seasons will go whether Benitez or Allardyce or Koeman are there or not so strap in and enjoy the ride because it's going to be interesting
Lynne Jennings
25 Posted 30/06/2021 at 08:23:12
Paul @ 24 I applaud your optimism if you think you will 'enjoy the ride' and sincerely hope you do. Those of you who want to 'get behind' him I respect your opinion and willingness to do so.

Personally, I am not prepared to do that and cannot believe that the club has put us in this position. I have a round trip of 400 miles to get to the game and it is just too much to ask to see his fat face in the dugout.

I have written to the club and as yet have not had a response even though one was promised so at 9 o'clock my 2 season tickets will be going back. It seems the only way I can register my protest.

Of course I still wish for the best for the club but the whole sorry situation saddens me. NSNO it is not.

Alan McGuffog
26 Posted 30/06/2021 at 08:31:15
Don't do it Lynn. Reflect a little longer. Let's face it NSNO hasn't applied for decades.
Danny O’Neill
27 Posted 30/06/2021 at 08:38:32
Can I have your season ticket Lynne?!!

Joking aside, let the dust settle. It hasn't happened yet!!

I appreciate what you say. 400 plus round trips to watch Everton and the cost outside of the match day ticket / season ticket are understated by those who express views to those who don't live in the city. When I had a season ticket, I did live in the city. But I've spent many years travelling at much more expense to watch and follow Everton from afar. Having been on both sides of the fence, arguably the latter takes a lot more dedication. It was easy when I lived in Liverpool.

It's not about the money. It's not about the manager. It's about Everton. Always has been. Always will be.

Martin Nicholls
28 Posted 30/06/2021 at 09:23:22
For those of you wishing they could take up the season tkts of others who are surrendering them, are you aware that EFC has a facility for changing the name on a season tkt? Why not get in touch directly with those (e.g. Lynne J) who are giving up their season tkts to see if this can be arranged?
For my part, I've renewed for both my grandson and myself despite the spectre of the FSW! I align myself and my views with Rob and will continue to go home and away, covid permitting.
Lenny Jameson
29 Posted 30/06/2021 at 09:30:41
Lynne
Don't do it. I really understand what you're saying and my first thought when this came about was to send my season ticket back.
I cant stand the man. For everything he's represented in the past and the fact that hes done nothing for years to warrant this job.
The thought of him on our line every week makes me feel sick.
But!
Think of the new ground. As a season ticket holder you will be guaranteed a seat there. If you give it up you'll be very lucky to get any kind of ticket. And someone who makes a 400 mile trip surely deserves a seat in the new place.
If you don't want to come with him here, that's fine. Sell your tickets on stub hub or something but keep your season ticket. We'll be here long after hes gone.
All the best.
Lynne Jennings
30 Posted 30/06/2021 at 09:42:06
Thanks all of you. It is such a dilemma!!
Derek Taylor
31 Posted 30/06/2021 at 09:53:53
Rob; what you really wanted to say was “Look at me, I'm a hero. I'll put up with any shit this dysfunctional outfit will throw at me cos I'm a real Evertonian!”

Good luck to you and enjoy!

Brian Murray
32 Posted 30/06/2021 at 10:03:58
I've never understood fans from outside the city who spend thousands in a lifetime getting to L4 and the game. Have to admire and respect them. They can never be called 'glory hunters', so it's probably a long line of family Blues or we somehow struck a chord with them as a child. Hats off to you.
Ed Fitzgerald
33 Posted 30/06/2021 at 10:07:05
Lynne,

I totally understand your disgust at the appointment of Benitez and I would never condemn any loyal Evertonian from walking away. Like you, I contacted the club expressing my concerns and have just received a generic response this morning. I would implore you to keep your season ticket as we don't know how long Benitez will last and surely you wouldn't want to miss out on a post-Beintez era?

Mark Murphy
34 Posted 30/06/2021 at 10:28:38
Brian,

Many of us just moved away from the area for love or jobs. In my case, both.

You can take the man out of Everton... UTFT

Danny O’Neill
35 Posted 30/06/2021 at 11:07:59
Same here Mark. Born in Liverpool, spent part of my childhood in Germany with my Dad being in the Army, came back to and lived in Liverpool. Joined the Army myself, served abroad for 6 years. Came back to the UK and settled the family back in Liverpool whilst I commuted. Eventually got posted abroad again and eventually settled in London through the military and then work.

My son's first school was in Liverpool but he's lived in Italy, Northern Ireland and London since the age of 6. He says he (or his family) are from Liverpool. He's a mad Evertonian. I think he purposely chose John Moores for his Uni years to "go home" and it got him a season ticket on my cheque!!

Andy Crooks
36 Posted 30/06/2021 at 13:18:41
Derek @31. You obviously will not put up with any shit this dysfunctional outfit will throw at you. Does that make you a martyr? What will your not putting up with it entail? Not going to the game? Yeah, that'll change things.
I really do get and respect why some Blues have had enough. However, making snide comments about supporters who go to every game and will keep doing so, really doesn't make you
a better Blue.
Frank McGregor
37 Posted 30/06/2021 at 13:48:13
Although, like most, I am not happy with the appointment, I believe we have to give the new manager a chance and respect the decision made by the board.

We have to realize that Morshiri is the owner of the club and he could end the 'project' of trying to put Everton back amongst the leaders in the Premier League.

He could walk away just like Ancelotti did. Another attempt at building a new stadium would be gone also.

Derek Moore
38 Posted 04/07/2021 at 05:10:03
Well I live half a world away so it's a different set of considerations.

I've cancelled my Spark Sport – equivalent of Sky – as I won't be dragging my middle-aged arse out of bed at 3 am on a Monday morning to watch Benitez's Everton. It'll be highlights and the match reports from Lyndon and Michael for me, I guess.

Everyone has their own values and must make their own judgments. But I'm beginning to wonder for some Blues if there's any set of circumstances that would see them withdraw or moderate their support? If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything as they say.

I wish all the Blues prepared to watch Benitez, and give him a chance, the very best. But I rather suspect I've saved myself a lot of time, money, and wasted energy.

Rob Halligan
39 Posted 06/07/2021 at 08:26:14
Derek #31.

I've thought long and hard about replying to your pathetic post. I don't consider myself to be a hero at all. I know plenty of people who attend all games, home and away, one or two who post on here included, does that make them heroes as well?

I could have been abusive in my reply but then I thought it's not worth getting banned or suspended from the site just because of someone like you. As I said, your post @ 31 is just pathetic!

Tony Abrahams
40 Posted 06/07/2021 at 08:29:13
You should have just told Derek to read Darren's first paragraph @21, Rob.
Rob Halligan
41 Posted 06/07/2021 at 08:33:01
You've just done it for me Tony, cheers!
Danny O’Neill
42 Posted 06/07/2021 at 08:53:31
Due to life circumstances, I've not had a season ticket for many years, other than paying for my son to have one dur ing his years at Uni (the Martinez years coincidentally). I've just attended when I can and gone to Wembley ticket less to soak up the atmosphere in the pubs with Everton fans. I did actually get a spare from a friend for the United semi final but gave it to my son. I had 2 for the final against Chelsea but gave them to my son & younger brother. I so wanted them to see us win a trophy.

Now that my life is more stable and predictable, I'm on the waiting list. It will be expensive; not just the ticket but everything else that goes with the round trip from London. I'm pretty sure my wife doesn't read ToffeeWeb so I'm good for now.

I'm tier one whatever that means in terms of waiting time. Anyone have an idea?

Dave Abrahams
43 Posted 06/07/2021 at 10:16:28
Lynne (30), Lynne it's only a dilemma in your head, it's obvious how much you love The Blues and you can't stand Benitez, yet you're allowing a man, you hate the thought of, to keep you away from the team you love!! Hate is the first step to loving the man who wins us silverware, that last line will have you going off on one or laughing at the absurdity, but think about it then go and renew your ticket. I've got a dilemma myself, because I'm not sure how safe it is, yet, to go to the game with a possible full house for the Southampton because of my wife's vulnerability to the virus and me bringing it home to her. I'll see how the situation is in August.
Martin Nicholls
44 Posted 06/07/2021 at 12:08:02
Danny#42 - I think you can jump the waiting list if an existing season tkt holder is giving up theirs and is willing to transfer it to you - my post#28 refers. Why not ask Lynne?
Lynne Jennings
45 Posted 06/07/2021 at 12:24:03
Of course I love Everton and you're right, Dave, I shouldn't let him stop me going. I am wavering, I have to say, after seeing the players return yesterday. I so hope James stays as would love to see him.

I can't go to every game due to distance so I hope there is a facility for someone to use tickets if I renew. I have used StubHub before and only ever charge what I have paid.

Hope you get to go on 14th!

Danny O’Neill
46 Posted 06/07/2021 at 12:31:20
Thanks Martin. I'll ask around as I might know a few who are considering, but for reasons other than the manager, mainly financial.

Good on you Lynne. I was just about to say don't do it and be sure you're at Goodison next season. I couldn't have taken your ticket!

Dave Abrahams
47 Posted 07/07/2021 at 10:19:23
Lynne (45), Yes I'll see what the situation is on the 14th. Of August a lot can happen in five or six weeks, and I hope everything fits into place for yourself, it's much more difficult for you living so far away from Liverpool, I'm five minutes away from the ground so a piece of cake for me in normal circumstances, but normal was once upon a time, when will it come back?