Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Gazza and Moyesy

Just read an article in last week's Daily Mail about Gazza and his intention to be Jose Mourinho's apprentice. Mindboggling thought that is, Gazza then went on to say that if he had not jumped ship at EFC on Moyseys appointment in 2002, there would be a real chance that he would have been up there with the great man having worked alongside him for the last seven years in a coaching role..... Discuss!
Trevor Powell, Chepstow     Posted 06/05/2009 at 16:35:17

Comments

Michael Kenrick
One word: Certifiable. I fear the possible demise of his beloved Barcodes could finally send him over the edge!
el-ray Jackson
1   Posted 06/05/2009 at 20:46:15

By the sounds of it, he went over the edge last week!
Alan Clarke
2   Posted 06/05/2009 at 21:13:11

Gazza’s whole career is a bunch of what if’s. He proved he’s got what it takes in coaching when he managed Kettering Town!
Dennis Stevens
3   Posted 06/05/2009 at 21:23:59

I?m not sure if Gazza knew what he was getting into at Kettering ? they just asked him if he wanted to be in charge of the poppies.
Keith Glazzard
4   Posted 06/05/2009 at 21:47:24

Chelsea went out tonight. Not a good result for us.
James Carroll
5   Posted 06/05/2009 at 21:52:51

Kettering was all a big mistake.

Gazza thought he?d been offered a job to be in charge of ?catering? ? not Kettering. He was disappointed when he discovered that he?d have to coach footie, not bake pies...

Alan Thomas
6   Posted 06/05/2009 at 22:54:18

Surprised by your comments Michael. A fine talent led down the wrong road by the mac and brouges brigade.
My mother said if you havent got a good word and all that... shame on you. Get well soon, Gazza (former Everton FC player and prestigious footballing talent).
Duncan McLachlan
7   Posted 07/05/2009 at 05:58:23

Well Said Alan
There but for fortune!
Sam Higgins
8   Posted 07/05/2009 at 07:17:10

Keith - yeah a right fuck off we needed chelsea in the final...

Now they are gonna be well up for it plus ive just been on the bbc forum and the fucking redshite are on there saying hard luck chelsea u were robbed - but dont worry you will win the fa cup!!!

FUCKING TOSSERS!!!
Adam Cunliffe
9   Posted 07/05/2009 at 07:36:16

Sam,

I think it shows progress on our part that the shite don't want us to win. For years when I telll people who I support I say Everton, and anyone who plays Liverpool. The fact that they don?t want us to win shows we are a threat to them. This can only be taken as a back-handed compliment.
Dave Roberts
10   Posted 07/05/2009 at 09:45:40

I took some comfort from watching Chelsea?s demise last night. Although I would have preferred them to have the incumberance of a CL Final three days before they play us, the positives from last night are that they are actually not very good!

They are very one-dimensional, depending almost entirely on long balls to Drogba and they have no width. I know they set up defensively last night and planned to narrow the game which nearly frustrated Barcelona and which might explain their lack of width in part but I have seen this in other games they have played in the Prem this season. The difference in the Prem is that most games they play are against utter rubbish...and we are a lot better than that.

There is hardly any pace in the side and despite quite a few breakaways and successful punts to Drogba, they were never able to break free from the defenders. Remember too that one of Barcelona?s centre-backs last night is actually a midfielder.

Not only is there little or no pace in the side, they are actually slow all over the pitch and while Essien is a great player in many respects, he is the slowest of them all. Being one of the ?top four? in the Prem is often interpreted as being a great team, but the bulk of the Prem clubs are... let?s face it... not very good. So Chelsea win most games. This does not make them a great side despite their ?fame? and their expectations. Last night showed that, as have some of their performances in all competitions this season. I think we are more than good enough to take Chelsea as we perhaps should have done last week.

No fear! COYB!
Chris Fisher
11   Posted 07/05/2009 at 10:02:01

How many times have the red shite been to the new Wembley again?! The only club in Merseyside that will be winning any silverware this season is the toffees, no wonder they're jealous!
Joeynkoo Ludden
12   Posted 07/05/2009 at 10:13:02

Gazza as a manager?? He can barely speak the language. I saw him on MOTD the other week, not only could i hardly understand a word, but what I did catch was total tosh. Still, Shearer is a manager.....

As for Chelski last night, I think the manner of the "defeat" actually will help us. I think they have had the sails completely knocked out of ’em and hopefully Drogba will face some sort of a ban for his post match shananighans. But that would imply that justice is applied to the sky 4 sides... what am i thinking...
Gerry Quinn
13   Posted 07/05/2009 at 12:51:24

Gazza on the barcodes plight... quote... ?I think five points from our two home games will keep us up now.?

Sums him up as a potential manager?

Steve Cavanagh
14   Posted 07/05/2009 at 13:18:59

I?m with Alan Thomas on this one, Michael. I too find your comments to be both glib and offensive. It?s also sad to see many other so-called fans jumping on your bandwagon just because you?re the editor. Complete disrespect and a total lack of understanding and empathy for Gazza?s misfortune.
EJ Ruane
15   Posted 07/05/2009 at 14:37:23

There was a time I had nothing but contempt for Gazza.

The tongue sticking out, the plazzy tits, ’Ingerlund’, a Geordie, constantly ’acting the maggot’ (as they say here in Dublin) - everything about the feller made me loathe him.

And us signing him didn’t change that for a second.

Then one night, I remember seeing (yet another) documentary about him.

For some reason, this one I watched.

For those who might have seen it, it was the one that saw him him end up in China playing for....actually I have no idea.

At the end of it I felt nothing but pity for the bloke.

You saw him wandering around this small Chinese town by himself saying hello to people (his dad and his best mate had gone with him but left at Hong Kong to go on the piss there).

The town had some of the worst pollution in the country.

In the end I was on his side and felt genuinely sorry for him.

His mates?

Self-serving shithouses to a man.

His agents/lawyers?

Ditto.

Family?

Ditto.

Wives/Girlfriends?

Ditto.

The world’s number one expert on Tourettes said "I haven’t met or examined Paul, but everything I have seen on film, tells me he has Tourettes. Not to the degree others do, but nevertheless I am 99% sure he is a sufferer"

He’s an alcoholic.

He can’t be alone

He can’t sleep with the light off after seeing a friend run over and killed when he was a kid.

And he is what used to be called in less enlightened (but more comprehensible) times, ’ESN’

I’m a fairly heard-hearted sort, but everything I saw in this docco made me think it’s simply too easy to hate someone like Gazza.

For me, now, he is definitely a case of ’more to be pitied than scolded’.

I hope he can stay off the ale and find something that gives his head some peace.

Fotball, fishing, whatever.

Franny Porter
16   Posted 07/05/2009 at 16:15:33

EJ, I saw that documentary too and felt exactly the same.

The worst thing about the arseholes that travelled with him, was that when they ?jumped ship? in Beijing, they took his credit card with them.

It was also mentioned that he paid these three (dad, mate, uncle) wages for the whole time. He dosn't stand a chance when people like this are his family....
Andy Crooks
17   Posted 08/05/2009 at 00:42:18

EJ you provide something different on this site. Why don?t you sit down and write an article about the future of Everton. I?d like to read it.
Paul Joy
18   Posted 08/05/2009 at 14:31:19

Why is anyone discussing Gazza??

The man is very ill - let him be

Anything else just lacks compassion and class.

FFS we play in the FA Cup Final soon!!!!!
EJ Ruane