Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Just a Perfect Day

Click on that, sit back and enjoy... First win at Fulham since Alan Ball scored on his debut in 66-67. First point(s) away at Fulham since Sky created football in 1992. And Fulham, to their credit, still qualify for Europa League as Tottenham lost at our nearest and dearest.

And Villa won. So Newcastle Brown is Newcastle Down; a team I love to hate as I've had too many of those self-satisfied fuckers winding me up down the years. Mike Ashley is a facsimile of their average fan. Fat, ugly and a gobshite. (I have 2 geordie mates who are very much the exception.)

Back to us for the cup. For once, He whoever from above seems to be smiling at us! Best wishes to all Toffees, wherever you may be.
Matt Traynor, Singapore     Posted 24/05/2009 at 14:53:36

Comments

Michael Kenrick
A really strong finish to the season. Three wins and a draw out of the last 5 games. Moyes has slain a few more hoodoos this year, including the obvious Fulham one, the poor cup record, and the less obvious end-of-season slump that had become his trademark.

Two excellent goals form Little Leon today.

Oh, and can I just say... I luv it, I absolutely luv it, that they went down.

Alan Witcham
1   Posted 24/05/2009 at 18:46:38

A team playing for 5th v a team playing for Europa Cup. A team playing for nothing v a team from London playing for an outside chance of Europe... Which game will sky choose as the game of the day? Amazing !!!!
Alan Clarke
2   Posted 24/05/2009 at 18:53:08

I?ve decided I am going to put all my faith in Moyes from now on. Even if we hit a slump in form and play a dodgy game where all we do is hoof it, this is the best season I?ve experienced since 1987 and Moyes deserves a hell of a lot of credit.

I went to watch us play Forest pre-season and thought we were fucked. I have been a major doubter and now accept I?ve been proved wrong. I even doubted him today when he started with Pienaar and Cahil but I?m over the moon we finished above Villa and Moyes?s selection has been justified.

My dad said to me when Moyes was appointed that Everton were at the start of another golden era. I now believe him. I have also not stopped laughing at "everyone?s 2nd team" getting relegated.

Tom Edwards
3   Posted 24/05/2009 at 19:08:51

A great day.

Couldn?t get a feed to our game so I watched Villa stroll to a win over that bunch of over-rated, under-achieving, fat, useless twats and laughed my cock off. Most of the players didn?t look bothered because they will tout their mercenary arses to Shiteh, Fat Sam's wankers or in the case of Owen, the RS, and carry on being paid their huge wages.

Good win for us and maybe, just maybe, it is an omen for the Cup Final. I hope to God we win it. Moyes has worked miracles with the threadbare squad and the players deserve it for their heroic efforts.
Kevin Hudson
4   Posted 24/05/2009 at 18:54:23

Guys, I know this site is strictly Everton, but I too am filled with a delightful shadenfreude on seeing the demise of the media darlings from Tyneside. Obnoxious, deluded know-it-all "Best Fans In The World,"?.

Without question though, a thought spared for Shearer. An absolute legend of the game. I remember his last game at Goodison; a respectful ovation from us to him in the Park End, reciprocated by the great man. Him aside, enjoy Scunthorpe away next season, Barcodes !!

Back to Everton and relating to Marsh?s latest offering of entertaining prose: I wonder if Leon Osman read it!!!!!

Well Done Blue Boys. Another season demonstrating our incredible renaissance under Moyes. Let?s do better next season.
Richard Parker
5   Posted 24/05/2009 at 19:49:12

Nice result. Two lovely goals from Ossie. Well happy for him, he?s had a rough season, not being able to train properly and plenty of people writing him off. He?s limited, but on his day he can do this, good on him.

On a slightly less positive note, I thought we defended pretty poorly against average strikers. I hope that?s sorted by Saturday, cos if we defend like that against Anelka and Drogba, we?ll be in deep trouble.

Lastly, I don?t agree at all with people enjoying Newcastle?s plight. It?s a shame that such a massive club is in that position, they?re one of the biggest clubs in Europe and clearly in the top 6 British clubs... Only joking, it?s FOOKIN? HILARIOUS!! Big crowds don?t make a big club, second only to the shite in classlessness. Get down!!!!!
Brett Bradshaw
6   Posted 24/05/2009 at 19:49:09

I honestly can?t believe it. When Villa were about 10 points ahead of us and in 4th, I thought it was impossible for us to finish 5th. I thought 6th at best with a scrap for 7th... especially after the nightmare start we had!

Respect and credit to Moyes, Capt Pip and the rest of the team, they have made my summer so much I wouldn?t even care if we didn?t sign anyone else now.
Brett Bradshaw
7   Posted 24/05/2009 at 19:59:56

Oh.. about Europa next season... Are Spurs deffo out of it? I mean can they scab through via the Intertoto or Fair Play league etc? I would hate to see them sneak in the back door... haha!
Mark Griffiths
8   Posted 24/05/2009 at 20:15:39

Talk about ignoring our fantastic season, FA Cup final, 5th in the league, all done with the spine of our team missing for a good part of the season!

Check the link out!

Joeynkoo Ludden
9   Posted 24/05/2009 at 20:17:09

Great result, great run in (season not over yet, one more week to go for us!) but WTF was that youtube link all about? Total unadulterated shyte, Matt Talyor take a long hard look at yourself for wasting your life on typing it onto this website. As a person, you worry me.
Gavin Ramejkis
10   Posted 24/05/2009 at 21:17:09

Kevin Hudson, sorry if this rubs you up the wrong way but that baldie no eyed prick Shearer was a cheating twat who would happily play his one trick of backing into a player to win a free kick and was a dirty cheat, he wouldn’t even retire so he could beat a true Geordie legend’s record by demanding every penalty other more deserving players won, let him rot in the championship with his beloved gobshites.

Alan Shearer: Newcastle United - Leicester City, April 1998

Never afraid to put himself about a bit, Shearer has such a reputation and standing in the game that critics often suggest he is let off too leniently when he does cross the line.

This unseemly incident would make a key piece of compelling evidence for their prosecution. The England captain had his shirt tugged by Neil Lennon as the two competed for a ball, they fell and then Shearer’s boot made a close acquaintance with the prone Lennon’s face as he got to his feet again.

Accident or design? The TV pictures looked pretty conclusive. Shearer, involved in the breaking of Ramos Vega’s nose earlier in the season, had stamped on Lennon’s face. Now he was for it, surely, but the big man wasn’t worried.

’I was brought down by Neil Lennon and we both fell clumsily,’ Shearer explained afterwards.

’As I tried to get to my feet I had to really tug my left foot free and the momentum of doing this looked on television liked a kick.’ Right you are. ’It certainly wasn’t and the fact that Neil is virtually unmarked [Lennon walked off with blood dripping from his face] confirms this. If I did accidentally catch him, I certainly did not mean to. I would never try and deliberately hurt a fellow professional.’

And that, apparently, was more than enough for the FA who found the Newcastle man innocent of all charges just days ahead of a Cup final meeting with Manchester United.
Roman Fedkiv
11   Posted 24/05/2009 at 21:24:12

Brett, I believe the Intertoto has been scraped.
Ian Seymour
12   Posted 24/05/2009 at 21:29:32

And the last time we beat Fulham at their place was 1966... Ring any bells.
Bring on Chelsae !!
John Doolan
13   Posted 24/05/2009 at 21:30:39

Just so happy that they went down ? eat shit, smug geordie bastards.

A win next week and it really will be the perfect season.
Dickie Griffiths
14   Posted 24/05/2009 at 22:23:54

Great day an’ all. Topped by the PA at RS - request for a Mr Blah Blah from Norway to report to the nearest steward. Short of us winnin the Cup, it don’t get much better than that. COYB!
Peter Roberts
15   Posted 24/05/2009 at 23:14:23

Dickie,

I sat next to a group of Belgians on the Easyjet flight back to Amsterdam tonight, none of whom had managed to "get a ticket because it was all sold out".

Under 44,000 attendance does not suggest to me, that Anfield was sold out...
Tom Brown
16   Posted 24/05/2009 at 23:21:45

Rodwell was cracking first half. Centre-half, is he? If he can defend like he passed first half then, fuck me, wow... What a talent.

If I was the manager, I'd have him on from the start v Chelsea and keep Saha to bring on later. Excellent work, young man.
Jamie Crowley
17   Posted 25/05/2009 at 04:14:40

Fantastic season. I’m stunned and thrilled we finished 5th after all the injuries.

The you-tube link - had to stop it 2 minutes into it. Horrible song, music, and just stupid frankly.

Shearer - twat. Very, very happy to see a club like Hull stay up instead of NUFC.
Prepare for victory next week - you can just feel it.
Martin Berry
18   Posted 25/05/2009 at 04:43:51

Great result at the end of a long hard season, against a team in form.

Very pleased to see Ossie score two and silence the "knockers" on this site from a few weeks ago, obviously the little rest by Masterstroke Moyes has freshened him up. Also I said that if anyone scores the winner for us next Saturday then I hope it is Leon.

Lifting the Cup is what we deserve after the spirit and tenacity shown by our great team this season. Well done. All the best you blueboys and bluenoses for next Saturday, what a week in prospect we have.
Trevor Lynes
19   Posted 25/05/2009 at 11:44:40

I keep reading that EFC haven?t beaten Fulham at Craven cottage since Bally?s goal in 1966... but for over 30 years of that period Fulham were in lower divisions, so it only dates since they got back in the Premier League in the late 90s. So let's get it straight, the fucking stats are twisted.

Like it's never mentioned that Man Utd went from 1967 until 1994 without a league title... we had won more titles than them up until 1994... Let's get the facts right, history did not begin with the Premier League being formed.

Peter Bourke
20   Posted 25/05/2009 at 12:13:33

Don?t worry about the perfect day music video.... Check out our own Fellaini in this music clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJb1Kt1OTRo

He appears about 1 minute in.