Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Injury worries

Am I the only one worried about the injuries to Phil Neville and probably more importantly, Steve Pienaar? I feel that Pienaar, in particularl as been exeptional over the last few months and has been our most creative player.

Of course we have Osman, but I feel Pieenar would be better because of his brilliant work-rate. It's a shame to rely on one player to help win us the game, but I feel that he's going to be a massive loss. Mind you, we could do them on set-pieces as Cahill and Fellini can be a handfull.
Trevor Thompson, Croydon     Posted 25/05/2009 at 18:11:28

Comments

Lyndon Lloyd
Editorial Team
1   Posted 25/05/2009 at 21:29:03

No, I’m sure many of us are concerned, Trevor, as both are important to our chances on Saturday. And a hamstring problem is not what you want in a Wembley final with the large pitch and the possibility of extra time.

Not much to do now but hope the injuries were slight to begin with and settle down over the coming week.

Keith Glazzard
2   Posted 25/05/2009 at 21:30:28

Trevor ? we?re all worried. We will fret over everything this week. I hope this proves to be right ? if there really was a problem, Moyes wouldn?t have said a word about it. I just think it was a coach talking about his lads after a good win.

Anyway, if Pip can?t play, Castillo will have the game of his life. And if The Pienaar can?t play, Andy van der Shandy will awake from a three-year slumber to create mayhem in the heart of the opposition.

Either that or Phil and Steven will play.

Don?t worry ? be happy.
Keith Glazzard
3   Posted 25/05/2009 at 21:47:09

Lyndon - Do we know what the size of this Wembley pitch is? The old one was smaller than Doncaster Rovers?, I was once told by an FA Coach. How does this compare to the Goodison dimensions? I?m sure that Davey knows, but it might help some of us to sleep sounder if we knew.

Statsmen ? we need you.
Paul O'Hanlon
4   Posted 25/05/2009 at 22:12:50

Keith

Wembley - 115 x 75
Goodison - 112 x 78

Which surprises me cos I thought the Wembley pitch was a LOT wider and longer than ours.

Either way, Pienaar?s been brilliant for us recently and we need him at his best on Sat.
Lyndon Lloyd
Editorial Team
5   Posted 25/05/2009 at 22:24:54

Wembley just seems much bigger then because so many players seem to come down with cramp. Must be the heat which may be a factor on Saturday. Mind you, we seemed to fare pretty well in the sunshine at Craven Cottage yesterday!
Roman Fedkiv
6   Posted 26/05/2009 at 03:31:45

We are all worried, Trevor, but I?m not going to let it get to me until there is an official statement from the club. Otherwise I will be causing additional stress to myself and I won?t make it to the weekend!

Let's not forget that we have one of the best physio teams in the Prem and Mick Rathbone et al will have them as ready as they can be. Enjoy the week and immerse yourself in Toffee pride!!

Alan Clarke
7   Posted 26/05/2009 at 09:01:15

It’s all part of the games in the build up so Chelsea don’t know whether to prepare for Pienaar or not. Castillo played well against them so do they prepare for him or Pip? Chelsea also have worries over Lampard’s ’knee injury’ which kept him out of the Sunderland game.
Simon Walker
8   Posted 26/05/2009 at 11:27:49

It’s the old Fergie trick, put a couple of lads down as injured when you always intended on giving a few others a run out in the Fulham game, then start them on the day when no-one really knew whether they would play.

To my mind I’m not sure what it does for the mind games but Fergie’s done alright for the past 15 years or so ain’t he.
Rob Fox
9   Posted 27/05/2009 at 17:43:33

They are both fit and will play.