Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Oh By The Way Thanks, but.....

So its Wednesday evening, its been a week since I've entered the ballot and I can't take the waiting any longer. Have I got or not got a Billy Kenwright golden ticket for evertons biggest game in the last 14 years? With still no sign of the magical email that could lead to a go,no go situation I take the plunge and phone the club. After what seems ages and at least 5 redials I get through to a real person and ask the question have I got one, have you posted it or do I need to drive a 400-mile round trip to pick it up?

......" sorry sir, you have not got one, you should get an e.mail to let you know very soon."

"Thanks" and I hang up the phone.

Now at this point I start to think, A) I'm glad that at least I now know that I have been unsuccessful, and B) how come it has taken a phone call to find out and C) just when were the club going to let me know that I had not got a ticket.

At 18:59 tonight Thursday the 28th May my laptop springs into life and that email that I've been waiting for arrives in my in box!

So thanks for nothing blue bill and a big thank you to my mate nick who through a friend has managed to get two tickets for face value in the everton end of the ground from one of the local football associations

With this news I ask myself, is it really worth forking out over £500 a year for a season ticket or should I just pick and choose my league games that I want to go to and take pot luck in any future ballots, god forbid we should get to another final as having a season ticket seems to have no worth at all!!!!!!

I'd love to know how many if any non season ticket holders got a ticket through the ballot when i as a season ticket holder didn't get one!

Simon  Smith, Cambridge     Posted 28/05/2009 at 18:33:57

Comments

Robert Jones
1   Posted 29/05/2009 at 07:23:34

Well considering the random draw only allowed entry to Season ticket holders I’d assume 0 non-season ticket holders got through ;-)
Dave Randles
2   Posted 29/05/2009 at 07:23:03

Simon,

I am one of the great unwashed (no longer a season ticket holder) and therefore cannot expect any priority whatsoever in terms of ticketing. (I have been lucky on this occasion though!)

As a season ticket holder you do, sorry, SHOULD, have some priority for tickets. But having a pop at the club for your missing out this time is a bit wide of the mark isn’t it? Yeah sure, they might haver told you earlier - but the paucity of tickets issued to the club is the issue here is it not?

The way things are, some season ticket holders were always going to miss out and yes, that is bang out of order, but your frustration/anger should be vented at the FA and not the Club. Those of you that did miss out should officially complain to the FA. You never know, depth of feeling could even spark them into doing something about it.
Darren Spencer
3   Posted 29/05/2009 at 07:24:11

While I agree with you Simon that all season ticket holders should get a Ticket for big games like the final I don’t think its because you spend over £500 for your season ticket, it is because you are there week in week out supporting our blue boys. A couple of trips over from Ireland to watch my beloved blues costs me a lot more then £500 a season, We have flight, accomadation, Match Ticket and Spending Money to think about plus the hassle of finding a babysitter while your away. We have to take time off work on some occasions also, due to flight schedules. But because I had attended 2 games this season I was entitled to go into the ballot and like yourself I got no e-mail to say I was unsucessfull but as expected I wasn’t sucessfull. But the thought of being rewared with an opportunity no matter how small to get myself a ticket was way more then I could have ever asked for and felt like the club actually cared for those people who are not fortunate enough to be able to be season ticket holders not because of the money but because of where they live. So come Saturday while I dream and wish I was at wembley , I will instead be surrouded by my family and local blues in the area and we can all still enjoy what will hopefully be a memorable day! See you at the Charity Shield ;-) COYB!!!!!!!!!!!
Chris Briddon
4   Posted 29/05/2009 at 09:06:31

I’m sorry you missed out, but season ticket holders don’t have a divine right to a ticket when there aren’t enough tickets to go round.
The latest ballot was for ST holders only, anbody who had been to all the home games without a ticket missed out as well.
That’s what happens when there are only 25,000 tickets available.

The only way to guarantee a ticket was to be a ST holder and have 5 or more credits, that was the initial information given.
Sian Bradshaw
5   Posted 29/05/2009 at 09:36:18

Sorry you missed out
However some of us has been to every game home & away and spent a small fortune along the way. Priorities have to be made.

There will be more Wembley trips in the near future. In Moyes we trust!
Alan Clarke
6   Posted 29/05/2009 at 09:47:11

Your season ticket is only for league games so you can go and support the blues week in week out. Renew your season ticket because you want to support Everton not because you want to go to a cup final. If it’s just about a cup final don’t go to any games, just go and arse kiss a few people involved in local football associations.
Rob Coles
7   Posted 29/05/2009 at 09:47:31

Why so bitter? I have had a season ticket for over forty years. Along with my parents and brother and sister we have all suffered in the past over ticket allocations, not just for finals but for other previous cup rounds. With three ST per season, (on average), I have lost count of the number of times we have missed out. Did your ticket end in a 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 or 9? No, well heres hoping next time around. Your bile should be aimed at the FA because as far as I can tell, they and only they have been responsible for ticket allocation to clubs for final ties. You cant get a quart into a pint pot.........Everton have done as much as they possibly can but magicians they are not, (except on the pitch we hope). Oh yes, sorry, I AM still a ST holder and DID get a ticket because I met the qualification criteria. There are thousands who didnt, God bless you all COYB
Davey Thomas
8   Posted 29/05/2009 at 10:16:34

Alan Clarke, well said. Also it?s not really Kenwright?s fault that the FA award such a pitiful proportion of tickets to the finalists. I would agree, however, that the way the club go about things like keeping us infomed of where we as an individual stand can sometimes leave a lot to be desired!
Paul Joy
9   Posted 29/05/2009 at 10:12:23

Simon - correct me if I am wrong but you are going to wembley because a mate got 1 for you.
Yes - so what are you moaning about.

As a season ticket holder did you not go and support our team in 3 home FA Cup ties? Or maybe the home UEFA Cup tie? Attendance at those games would have guaranteed your ticket for the final with 4 extra credits.
How about the freezing cold terrace at Macclesfield in January?

No to all of these ?

We got a poxy 25 thousand tickets mate - that is not the clubs fault and certainly not Bill Kenwrights either.

Like you I am a season ticket holder but I also attend cup games home and away and as many away league games as I can get a ticket for - so I am off to wembley again and I feel so lucky to be doing so.

But oh dear you did’nt get an email early enough - well boo hoo.

Get over your major disappointment when you take your seat and think of the thousands of truly loyal fans who will watch and support our team in clubs,bars or wherever they can while you moan to your unfortunate mate about not getting an email.

Get a life saddo.
Mark Scott
10   Posted 29/05/2009 at 11:21:58

The butterflys are here!
Joe Connor
11   Posted 29/05/2009 at 12:03:45

I had a season ticket for 11 years during the dry...and I emphasise the DRY period in Evertons history. Relegation fodder, David Ginola, Per Koldrup and the reign of peter Johnson. At Evertons darkest times i was there, singing the boy’s on. The generation of Blues that new nothing but failure but i was still proud as hell to be a blue. i moved to london for university, relinquished my cherished seat in the lower Gwladys. I’ve been to a few London away games since, will i get a ticket, will i hell. I’ve accepted this horrid fact..........I will never get the taste the glory’s of Everton at Wembley. Tomorrow will be the saddest day of my life in some respects.
I couldn’t enter the ballot, still Fulham last weekend was my Wembley. Great atmosphere, great game and some great banter. If not the real thing, i still imagined i was seeing us trounce Chelsea

P.S i really want a ticket, i’ll walk over broken shards of hot, freshly cut steel.
Toney Carey
12   Posted 29/05/2009 at 12:31:48

So it is acceptable to have empty grounds on big european nights and FA cup games. Clearly if you have not got a ticket through the official lines, then you have not bothered your arse to attend any of these previous cup games, so i fully agree with the club not bothering their arses in giving you a ticket.
Alan Rooney
13   Posted 29/05/2009 at 13:28:21

And how is it that it?s Blue Bill?s fault? We only had 25000 tickets allocated by the FA. Go take your whinges to them.
Tony Williams
14   Posted 29/05/2009 at 13:54:36

I am with Toney on this one, I couldn?t imagine not going to a home Cup game, I bought the Standard Liege ticket even though I have college on Thursday nights.

If you are a season ticket holder I just don?t understand why you would miss the home cup games, there were certainly high profile enough, Liverpool, Villa and the quarters against Boro.

You didn?t meet the criteria so you can?t now start bemoaning the fact you weren?t make aware earlier that you were unsuccessful.

I was of the understanding that all season ticket holders would get one, I am sure that there was something on the Official Site saying that a week or so ago.

Not Kenwright?s fault this one, it was the FA?s, the fact that we had more tickets for the semi is atrocious.
Benji Learman
15   Posted 29/05/2009 at 15:45:09

you are so bitter mate! you obviously have a lot of grief towarrds bill kenwright, but what the hell has it got to do with him that you havent got a ticket! think about the amount of people that would of been ringing in and the amount of people they have to deal with, what makes you so special. you should of got the hint mate that you didnt have one! did u go to all the games required have u had season tiket for a while? im sorry but you musnt of! ive only had a season tiket for 8 years, i thought bluddy hell the amount of ople who have there whole lives will defo get before me! but i went to thegames required, if u did then you would of got a ticket! but why slaughter kenwright? idiot!
ian hessey
16   Posted 29/05/2009 at 16:57:44

Simon i was in the same boat as you. I live in Essex and have continued to rernew my ticket whilst down here for the last 15 years, making around 30 years in total. this will be my 6th sucessive FA cup final and luckily a mate got me one. i did think twice about cancelling the renewal i did a month ago but the above posts but things into perspective. There is always a cockup on tickets where efc and finals are concerned but the vast majority of the blame lies with the FA.
COYB