Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Lucky Jumper or not?

Looking outside the window this afternoon & at the forecast for the weekend, should I wear my lucky jumper to the match?

I've worn it for every FA Cup game so far (only missed Macclesfield) & whilst it kept me warm on a cold night at Anfield, it's not going to look great with shorts & flip flops tomorrow!

So, do I wear it & boil? Tie it round my waste or over my shoulders & look out of place? Or leave it at home?

Anyone else out there going with lucky clothing?
Tony Williams, Merseyside     Posted 29/05/2009 at 10:11:14

Comments

Scott Eves
1   Posted 29/05/2009 at 13:55:51

For god sake man what are you thinking.... wear the jumper!!!!
John Audsley
2   Posted 29/05/2009 at 13:56:54

This season its been Jeans!!!

but others its been shirts, socks

You name it, I've done it

It's possible that if we win, I will never take my jeans off again!

take the jumper with you.
Tony Williams
3   Posted 29/05/2009 at 14:03:17

As per my namesake I will be wearing the same jeans and boxers from the semi.
Peter Dancer
4   Posted 29/05/2009 at 14:16:08

LUCKY JUMPER!!!!!

LUCKY JUMPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael Ward
5   Posted 29/05/2009 at 14:26:19

Make a scarf out of it
Steve Ashton
6   Posted 29/05/2009 at 14:28:18

My wife had washed my current shirt for the Macclesfield game and I had to wear an old one. Come the away game at L’pool current one was clean so I wore that. For the replay new shirt not ready so wore the old one again needless to say it’s been the same for the rest of the run. Now developed into a complete outfit!

My son rekons that we will only win if we do everything the same for the final as we did for the semi - got there at 1.30 had three pints in the ground, unfortunately we met some random bloke from Reading and chatted to him for ages. So if anyone knows Tommy from Reading send him to the bars near block 121!!

God I’m nervous

COYBB
gerry dublin
7   Posted 29/05/2009 at 14:48:54

Living in Dublin I wasn’t able to make the Gosling Derby.
I was watching it at home, and towards the end of the game my wife entered the room .She had bought a pair of pants for her Dad that day that did not fit him.She asked me to try them on as we’re of similar build.As I was prancing around the room in them Everton scored.Cue cartwheels etc.I removed the pants and handed them back to my wife and sat back to enjoy the after match analysis.
The following morning I woke up and as I was getting dressed I asked my wife where the pants from last night were.Surprised, she told me they looked a bit tight on me and she was bringing them back to the shop.
"No way" I said" they’re my lucky pants"
They’ll be at Wembley tomorrow, a little tight at the waist but every little helps, eh?
Jamie Hynes
8   Posted 29/05/2009 at 14:53:46

I’ve worn the same rangers shirt underneath a cahill shirt with a tweed coat on top through the rounds- I will lose half a stone in sweat tomorrow gladly. The Royal Mail lost the special delivery- first claiming it had been scanned in then never scanned out, today they changed their story to ’we never received it’ Make sure if you’re in block 511 you’re in the right seat!
I go through all this for the Blues, in the vain hope of some kind of reward, Webb sending off 4 Chelsea players, 98th minute winner off Saha’s backside etc, anything will do. There’s no way it could mean as much to other clubs.
Believe in the Toffees
Matthew Lovekin
9   Posted 29/05/2009 at 15:11:38

I know exactly how you feel. I’ve had a lucky jumper this season. Hope it doesn’t go to extra-time and pens as I will need plenty of water as it’s a thick jumper!!!
Anthony Hawkins
10   Posted 29/05/2009 at 15:36:46

WEAR THE DAMN JUMPER if for no other reason than it’ll prove be a sunny day!!

If it’s the jumper that does it, KEEP IT!! If we lose and you’ve not taken it you’ll only kick yourself!!!
Chris Briddon
11   Posted 29/05/2009 at 15:49:15

Just bear in mind that if you don’t take it and we lose, you will have to suffer the consequences of forever wondering if you were responsible!
Olli Gardner
12   Posted 29/05/2009 at 16:17:19

I had an interview today, but couldn’t find any blue cufflinks to go with the pink shirt I had carefully selected from my summer collection last night. I resigned myself to buying some on the way, but on the way out the door, I stumbled upon a pair of royal blue knots in the kitchen. Muhaha I thought - ’tis a sign.

Tony Lynch
13   Posted 29/05/2009 at 16:32:37

Wear the Jumper lad defo. I?m wearing same rig out as the semi, even down to me ball stranglers. I even bought something i was going to wear tomorrow but changed me mind. Once again, wear the jumper lad defo
James Marshall
14   Posted 29/05/2009 at 16:43:16

I?ve just been given, yes GIVEN a free ticket to the game tomorrow!

Where is everyone sitting because I have a feeling my ticket is in the Chelsea end?

Nick Entwistle
15   Posted 29/05/2009 at 17:17:11

I always said I’d never get a new Everton top back when I bought the Danka, until Everton win another trophy... so, the Danka will be worn tomorrow and here’s hoping that dreadful LCS makes its way on to my shopping list!
Matthew Douglas
16   Posted 29/05/2009 at 17:39:00

Wear the jumper, no question about it!!!! I’ll be in the same outfit (and the girlfriend in hers) as every other FA Cup match.

James Marshall - you lucky, lucky, lucky bastard!!!! Enjoy mate!
Alan Stafford
17   Posted 29/05/2009 at 17:30:59

I cant be at the game tomorrow, but I will be up at 6:00 am in Edmonton Alberta Canada to watch the game with my EFC dressing gown wrapped tighly around me.
To all who get to go tomorrow, have a great day cheer the boys loud and proud, wish I could be there with you all.
Shane Corcoran
18   Posted 29/05/2009 at 18:07:45

Gerry, is your surname Dublin?
John Martin
19   Posted 29/05/2009 at 18:14:23

I shall be wearing same shirt/jeans/boxers & socks that i wore to the semi final. Wear the jumper if the worst happens you wont forgive yourself
Kev West
20   Posted 29/05/2009 at 20:48:38

I have worn the home shirt to the game 3 times this season; Blackburn at home, Pompey at home and more recently Man City at home. It’s safe to say it will NOT be going to Wembley with me!
Dave Campbell
21   Posted 29/05/2009 at 21:03:55

I nicked my 3 year olds everton badge and wore it at the semi. When I got back he was on to me and has since told me I cant take it the final.

Do I sneak into his room at 5 in the morning and just take it or not. After all it’ll be the missus that sees his tantrum not me.

Jake Gordon
22   Posted 29/05/2009 at 21:25:14

I can’t remember for the life of me what I had on watching the semi final, however since we’re on a clothing theme help me out...

1991 NEC home shirt
1996 Danka home shirt
2003 120 Years Top Flight
1970s retro

Come on guys, our success depends on this.
Nicholas Harrison
23   Posted 29/05/2009 at 21:54:22

I’d wear a lucky codpiece if it worked!!
Barry Lightfoot
24   Posted 29/05/2009 at 21:59:16

I haven’t had my haircut for the entire cup run, it’s now as mad as it was in the eighties so you all know what that means. Success.
Dave McBride
25   Posted 29/05/2009 at 22:09:46

Wear the jumper, without question!

I have a pair of hideous Everton wristbands which I was given by my Nanna on a visit to Liverpool in the mid-70’s. I wear them religiously every morning right before the match. (To clarify, it’s "morning" before the match because I’m watching from Vancouver, Canada.)

They’ll be on for sure tomorrow morning, in all their threadbare glory!
Jason Broome
26   Posted 29/05/2009 at 22:33:52

Wear...The...Fucking...Jumper!
Derek Thomas
27   Posted 29/05/2009 at 23:39:34

Jumper?? how could you not.

Everybody, please, please, please, DON’T buy anything new to wear to the Final, I bought a new scarf in ’68 and we lost. The next year I also bought the biggest fuck off King Edward cigar I could find for a victory smoke after the 69 semi Vs City.

Stick with the tried and tested.

P.S. Do not give in to the darkside of the Force;

No matter how much you have the feeling and or dream of the correct score or scorer ( my dream said 2-2 at 90mins and a win on pennos, at 22-1 I am sorely tempted but will reluctently desist ) DON’T put any money on. The fates will punish you for using your powers to gain mere money.

And finally;

Never under estimate the power of the ( blue ) Force
Jamie Crowley
28   Posted 30/05/2009 at 05:10:09

Jamie Hynes-
I’ve worn the Celtic jersey underneath the Everton one.

The planets have aligned! Harmony and Peace!

COYB!!!!! 10 hours and I can’t sleep....
brian maguire
29   Posted 30/05/2009 at 07:24:23

i am even taking my wembey ticket from the semi finals with me just to make sure everything is as close to last time as possible lol
Diane Peck
30   Posted 30/05/2009 at 11:52:40

Lucky Jumper mate, you gotta.
We have a lucky outfit we wear every match. Last week we got our new born Niece an Everton kit, my Sister wore my 3rd kit and my bro inlaw wore my Green goalie shirt and we won against Fulham, 1st time in 43 years. They’re all gonna be kitted out today, and we’ve proudly converted them into true blue Evertonians. This one’s for you Leia, our new lucky Everton charm.
Tony Williams
31   Posted 30/05/2009 at 20:18:17

Lucky fucking jumper my fucking arse! Might have well gone in a bikini. Shite game and the train home is shite too.