Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Message to Shandy Andy

I agree that Moyes did not do the right thing by you. Had he done so in the first place you would have been out on your well padded arse and sued in a court of law for not fulfilling your duties as a professional footballer.

The club and its supporters deserve to know why, at midnight on the eve of a new season, you and a ?ladyfriend? were on the lash happily getting pissed. Not much thought for your wife and sick child on that occasion eh' Andy?

I have to admit that having your stomach pumped is not a good time to be thinking about family. Had you not been such a pathetic imitation of a man you would have done the right thing last year by accepting the club's belated yet in the circumstances generous offer to terminate your contract.

As with this recent attempt to drag the club's good name through the gutter, I expect the usual bunch of saddoes to come on here pleading that you get another chance.

I am not sure what disgusts me most... you or them.
Dick Fearon, West Australia     Posted 30/05/2009 at 21:06:19

Comments

Chris Hockenhull
1   Posted 31/05/2009 at 16:37:33

I will not beat around the bush on this one. Absolutley spot on Dick and you have said it all. ’Money doesn’t talk it swears’ aptly comes to mind !
Ian Edwards
2   Posted 31/05/2009 at 10:58:10

One thing that the team has badly missed is width. It was obvious yesterday. Chelsea had Malouda. We were just lumping it up front hoping for a knock down. If it wasn't for Van der Meyde we wouldn't have been at Wembley yesterday. Two minutes against Liverpool and a cracking cross which led to a goal.

I think if he was fit, he should have been in the team. He is the only width we have at the club and the best crosser of the ball. End of. Moyes seems to bear grudges.... well I bear a grudge. We lost last season against Chelsea in the Carling Cup through Moyes's negative tactics in the 2nd leg when we were one down and played at home with one up front.

Yesterday, with 15' to go he brought on a forward and took off another forward who was our most dangerous and offensive player. When the chips were down, Moyes again didn't have the bottle to go forward. Faint heart never won cups.

Ian Edwards
3   Posted 31/05/2009 at 11:21:45

I just wrote that comment about Van der Meyde... I think I was a bit too harsh about Moyes. Please add this caveat so I don't get too badly mauled!!!
Ryan Holroyd
4   Posted 31/05/2009 at 16:49:58

’If it wasn’t for Van der Meyde we wouldn’t have been at Wembley yesterday’.

And here was me thinking Dan Gosling scored against Liverpool.

Nick Wall
5   Posted 31/05/2009 at 16:53:45

Let’s close this sad tawdry chapter without wasting too many more words. I think Moyes has become wiser in recent years about checking out the character of the players that he signs. Everton’s greatest strength has become their team ethos, and we need players who fit into that ethos.
Marc Williams
6   Posted 31/05/2009 at 16:50:55

Hello, My names Andy and I’m an ----------- !!!

Answers on a postcard please to :

The Shandy Andy, I’m in complete fucking denial & can’t even keep my arse of a mouth shut on Evertons biggest day in 14 years missing word competion.
c/o Any fucking club desperate or stupid enogh to sign him.

Ray Burn
7   Posted 31/05/2009 at 16:45:27

Ian Edwards.

So you think Shandy would’ve ran the show in the 100 degree plus heat of Wembley?

I think he would’ve drenched everyone in boozey sweat and had a better than fair chance of keeling over after 5 minutes.

The fat, larger swilling twat has never once demonstrated an ounce of professionalism or desire since he’s been at Everton. One half decent cross in no way excuses his prior behaviour.

I hope the stories linking him to Blackburn come true so that we just might get the chance to give him a proper Goodison send off.
Jason Broome
8   Posted 31/05/2009 at 16:41:02

Typical... I knew one our pissed off fans was going to stoop down to this... and good on you mate!

Still making excuses and feeling sorry for yourself are we Andy.

It shows the measure of the man to use his sick daughter as ammunition against his former boss to drum up yet more sympathy.

Wayne Rooney admitted he was wrong by settling out of court so yet again Andy uses the falsified information to justify yet another attack.

Yobo had huge problems at the start of the season but showed his professionalism, remaining fit regardless of his mental instability.

Vaughan, Jacobsen and Cahill maintained a healthy physique throughout their injuries.

Blame it on the kidney stones but Andy was never in any shape to compete.

Had he kept his mouth shut he would of been remembered for that exquisite cross that floored Liverpool’s FA Cup ambitions earlier in the year, instead he leaves a bitter twisted shadow of the man that Inter dumped at our door.
Ian Doyle
9   Posted 31/05/2009 at 17:08:46

I wouldn?t wish anyone?s child to ever be ill in any way... but I don't remember it causing Lee Carsley to have a problem at all.
Peter Roberts
10   Posted 31/05/2009 at 17:25:19

Everyone talks about the excellent team spirit that exists at Everton - Shandy moans he isn’t given a fair chance yet comes out with crap like this.

I agree with the OP on this one. Yes, it’s sad to hear about his daughter’s ill health but using her condition like he has is absolutely shameful. I hope he sues Moyes for unfair dismissal or some other and Moyes takes him to town like he did with Rooney.

Grace and dignity - maybe Shandy should learn those two qualities from his fellow Dutchman Guus Hiddink, who was the perfect gentleman in victory yesterday.
Ged Simpson
11   Posted 31/05/2009 at 18:52:34

One thing I have learned... when you?re in a hole, stop digging.
Joeynkoo Ludden
12   Posted 31/05/2009 at 19:42:28

Mr Fearon, you have a wondefully apt first name.
Ian Edwards
13   Posted 31/05/2009 at 19:46:24

Ryan

Van der Meyde made Gosling?s goal with a fantastic cross.

If we had Van der Meyde on the right wing yesterday, do you think Cole would have been able to bomb down the left wing?

The so called big four all attack with four players, tTwo wide and two in the middle. We have no width whatsoever.

If we had Van der Meyde pinging crosses in rather than the midfield passing back to Lescott and Yobo for a hoof up top then we may have created some more chances. Cech didn't have a save to make after 25 seconds......
John Taylor
14   Posted 31/05/2009 at 20:19:04

Ian,

You’re living in cloud cuckoo land.

If Van der Meyde had deigned to act like a professional footballer during his 3 years or so with the club, he might have had a chance of being on the right wing yesterday.

We lost because we didn’t have enough quality where it matters. We lost because we missed the likes of Arteta and Yakubu. We did not lose because Moyes didn’t have the bottle to play Andy van der Meyde on the right wing.

The fella has pissed his Everton career up the wall whilst stealing £30k per week from the likes of you and I.

How you can defend him whilst castigating David Moyes - the best thing to have happened to this club for decades - is utterly beyond my comprehension.

I’m genuinely staggered.
Ian Edwards
15   Posted 31/05/2009 at 20:36:15

John

Moyes has done fantastically well. BUT I feel he can be too cautious especially in big games.

As for Van der Meyde, he wasnt playing yesterday because Moyes won't forgive. Did Moyes cut his nose off to spite his face?

If Van der Meyde hugged the touchline yesterday and pinged crosses in, we would have created more.... or if he came on as sub instead of Gosling and ran at their defence.... who knows. When fit, he is class as his seldom appearances have proved.
Stuart Johnson
16   Posted 31/05/2009 at 21:10:26

Ian

I too am staggered. Please name another example of quality from VDM in the 4 years he has been here that would merit him a spot in the FA cup line up. I once scored an exquisite overhead kick after 8 cans of cider down the rec, but I feel that there are one or two others in the EFC squad who merit a role in the FA Cup Final ahead of me.
Aodhan O'Faolain
17   Posted 31/05/2009 at 21:16:15

Shandy hit a great cross for the Goose against that lot. However he has to go down as the most expensive flop.

When you multiply his wages of what £35-50K per week by four plus signing on fee plus the club having to pay for his medical treatment, it comes to an estimated minimum of £8M.

That has to go down as the biggest waste of cash over a prolonged period of time.
Gareth Ashman
18   Posted 31/05/2009 at 21:12:50

As manager, I would expect Moyes to toe a hard line with players who shit on their own doorstep! A bad apple can eat through the core of a team if a strong precedent isn?t set by the man in charge. Sir Alex has got rid of a number of world class players due to their off-the -field antics and the team are stronger for it. What sort of example does Shandy set for the likes of Rodwell, Gosling and Baxter?

I agree, we needed more width yesterday, particularly on a big Wembley pitch. Fingers crossed, Moyes will be searching far and wide for someone with genuine pace and guile at a knockdown price over the summer months. Of course, not forgetting the 4th box they have to tick ? they mustn?t be a nutter! Has Duncan still got his boots?

Kev West
19   Posted 31/05/2009 at 21:31:37

Is Ian Edwards Shandy Andy’s agent?!
Will Leaf
20   Posted 31/05/2009 at 23:27:14

Like any addict he blames everyone around him and sees no fault in himself. He earns nothing but contempt for bringing his daughter's health into his pathetic excuses. Lucky coincidence his daughter can finally be moved now his contract has expired.

Wouldn?t want him around even if I owned a pub. Scum.
Joe Barnes
21   Posted 31/05/2009 at 23:28:56

Joeynkoo Ludden
Posted:

"Mr Fearon, you have a wondefully apt first name".

..the cheek! :)
Dick Fearon
22   Posted 31/05/2009 at 23:29:32

Joeynkoo, I am so glad you appreciate my using Dick as a first name. Assuming you are a Brit (short for Briton) you are probably aware it is a friendly diminution (nickname) of Richard. I prefer to use Dick in conversation and correspondence with friends but not enemies or state officialdom.

I must admit to not quite grasping why you think Dick is an apt name.
Do you have a diminution of your own name? Some come to mind but you might think I was merely taking the rag.

Lenny Nothling
23   Posted 01/06/2009 at 01:57:31

Regarding Andy van der Shandy,

I lived in Amsterdam and watched Ajax , when he and the likes of Ibrahimovic, Van Der Vaart, Sneijder, Mido (he was class once too you know) and our very own Stevie Pienaar knocked the gunners out of the Champs league and went on lose in the Semis!

So here’s the point, there are two headcases in the above mentioned list of players all who are incredibly gifted footballers.

One of them fell out with then coach Ron Koeman for beleiving he was the next Tuton Kamen and the other was quietly shifted off to Inter.

Andy as much as I guess we all wanted the Footballer it was the man in him that let US down and my condolences reg his daughter.

But on a night of getting your stomach pumped and preeching about (every season) you have changed your ways, you should be in my position during this credit crunch and just be happy to be working 3 days a week on £5 an hour.

A vacuous individual who will NOT prove us a wrong and can go play darts with Winston Bogarde at a brothel and waist their small fortunes on Fruit Machines!

I am very proud of our season and regarding width a cheeky bid for Bentley?
Paul Gladwell
24   Posted 01/06/2009 at 08:11:11

Strange how some people can come on here and ridicule Dick a true Evertonian, in defence of a pisshead, pillpopping, pisstaking cheat of a husband, who has stolen £35k a week of our hard earned money for four years. He slates Moyes when our manager should of sacked the fucker a long time ago and how did he repay him?

?Sorry boss I was spiked? sorry boss I am late for training?sorry boss I was pissed in the Albert Dock? and not ony has he took the piss out of us and our manager, he has to his own team mates too, Carsley, Kilbane and Neville have all had problems with their children and how did they repay the club's help?

Shandy = no class, no respect.

Chris James
25   Posted 01/06/2009 at 11:04:56

Why are we even debating this?

VDM was not fit to wear the shirt in just about every sense of the phrase.

Even if Moyes had given him yet another chance to prove he was anything other than a drain on club finances and a potentially destructive force in our tight knit dressing room, do you seriously believe he?d have been able to compete against match fit, international class professionals in the (mental and physical) state he?s allowed himself to get into?

I can only imagine you are one of the (thankful) few clamouring to give Joey Barton another chance too.

The truth is that despite numerous chances over 4 years at a club that was desperate for numbers, the man simply wasn?t up to Everton. Forget Shandy, we should have called him after another tipple... because like the Grolsch, he wasn?t ready yet!

Good bye. Good riddance. Don?t let the door hit your overpaid fat arse on the way out!

Garry Martin
26   Posted 01/06/2009 at 11:30:37

Reality is,

Stage 1 - Shandy is at the end of contract.
Stage 2 - no takers for his services.
Stage 3 - create smokescreen & call your current club for being bad.
Stage 4 - hopefully some stupid club comes in & gives him a contract because perhaps he is a good player.
Ian Edwards
27   Posted 01/06/2009 at 12:54:41

No, I am not Van der Meyde?s agent.

I just believe that if he is fit he should play on the wing as we have no other width. And width was sadly lacking in our play. If you are all happy with Hibbert and Osman on the flank then more fool you

If the sheep that toe the club line don't like that opinion then tough.
Joeynkoo Ludden
28   Posted 01/06/2009 at 12:51:42

Dick, sorry to confuse. I like that you feel you should use a diminutive of your name? it seems rather suitable that you type as least as possible. I think, think, you were trying to be funny or intelligent in your response, unfortunately you are as funny and intelligent as your original posting. Fair play for being consistent.

To be clear, I think your original posting was somewhat pathetic, unnecessary and flawed. Something written by a dick (diminutive of ?dickhead?) hence why I said your first name was apt. I hope this clears up any confusion.
Andy Crooks
29   Posted 01/06/2009 at 13:20:19

If all the stories re AVDM are true, why was he not sacked for gross misconduct a long time ago? Personally, I?d love to have seen him coming off the bench for 10 minutes on Saturday because we certainly didn?t look like scoring with the players on the pitch.
Neil Styles
30   Posted 01/06/2009 at 13:19:33

I heard a few months ago that Red Bull Salzberg (forgive spelling if incorrect) were interested in him, is that no longer the case?
And speaking of width, isnt that something DM/BK will be attempting to rectify in the transfer window?
Jao Moutinho is more central, I believe, but if we bring him in, would we be more likely to play Mikel on the wing?

Kevin Spencer
31   Posted 02/06/2009 at 01:52:20

It could well be the truth that Shandy was not as fit as he should be. Nothing that we know though... How could we know that? That’s pure speculation. What I first and foremost think, is that it has all got to do with Moyes being inable to forgive... even though he was quick to forgive Anichebe. It may also be true that his attitude was below par. And that is by no means good. But nobody could blame him now. 14 starts in 4 years is nothing I would be thankful for. Moyes has been good to Everton football club, and most of its players. But I can actually understand Shandy, that Moyes was not good for him. And secondly, as Everton pays him every week, it’s the manager that waste our money by not playing what he is paying for. And to those of you that say that Shandy has never been good. Just read theese comments from old Toffeeweb articles:

Ratings from his debut:
"Subs:-

21) Leon Osman... Gave it a go but off the pace. 5

7) Marcus Bent... Headless chicken 4

27) Andy van der Meyde... Loads and Loads of talent. We can’t ask him to do it all but he has the talent to take us forward. 8 "

Ratings from his first start:
Arteta: 7 Wasted on the wing ? we’d be better off with him in central midfield.
Cahill: 7 Quite quiet again but the plan seemed to be for him to play the holding role in midfield. Ended up almost playing as an extra defender at times in the 2nd half.
Davies: 6 Still disappointing in my book. Just doesn’t do enough to justify having a central role instead of Our Tayta.
Van der Meyde: 8 Faded in the 2nd half but that was to be expected. The guy is class. He is at least as good as the rumours. "

(From the same match report)

"We kicked off and pretty quickly the ball arrived at the feet of A vd M ? and he immediately beat his man and set off down the wing. Hasn’t anyone told him that Everton players don’t do that sort of thing? Then a few minutes later he did it again. And there was more. He chased back and won tackles, he hit one magnificent ball from where he was on the left wing, right the way across the pitch to Arteta on the other wing. To say he showed more skill on the ball in 45 mins than I’ve seen since the days of Andrei Kanchelskis isn’t too much of a exaggeration."

From the 2-0 victory over West Ham, Dec 2006

While Tevez was the Hammers’ live wire, cutting in from the left twice in as many minutes to force similar saves from Howard, the big positive for Everton was Van der Meyde who was enjoying by far and away his best display in a Blue jersey thus far. Inventive, purposeful and mobile, he frequently teased his opponents down the right flank and whipped in a number of inviting crosses that, unfortunately, were not anticipated by any of his teammates.

And the Dutchman proved handy at corners as well, one of which almost resulted in the Blues taking the lead 11 minutes before the break. Unfortunately, as it flew across a multitude if bodies in the six-yard box and too far behind Lescott, he was unable to react quickly enough and it bounced off his knee and into the ’keeper’s clutches."

And this sums it up pretty good. Almost every time he has played, he has been good. So why does people continue by saying he is crap. The last outing for him, he needed just a couple of minutes before sending in a cross for Gosling to send Liverpool out of the cup.

Moyes should have dealt with this in a much better way. Shandy could have worked wonders for this club, but he WAS NOT GIVEN THAT CHANCE. And therefore, he has nothing to be thankful for.

Yes, footballers earn a lot of money. No player in the premiership is worth that amount of weekly money, and neither is Shandy. But that has nothing to do with this. Nobody could blame him for picking up his salary.

I still believe he is a better player than Osman, and if Shandy really is that unfit, there is still no reason for giving him a try. There is no other way of getting matchfit. Look at Gravesen last season. He was clearly off the pace, but he got those last minutes in the light. AvdM did not get anything from Moyes, and he has nothing to thank him for.
Tom Bowers
32   Posted 01/06/2009 at 16:03:32

So at long last AVDM is on his way. Not much to remember him by except his lack of appearances and oh, yes a sending off against Liverpool and an immaculate cross that helped beat them in the Cup. What was the real story? We can only speculate. The bottom line was he just didn't shape up and so he's being shipped out. I think before the cup win over Liverpool, most of us thought he'd already gone. Anyone have any real information about his tenure?
Ej Ruane
33   Posted 02/06/2009 at 13:31:38

Doesn’t make any odds to me how much ability he (may have) had, his attitude stunk.

I will only ever see him as a fat sweaty piss-head prick, whose behaviour ripped the piss out of Everton FC (ie: out of us!)

To think of how much money he must have picked up for nothing makes me want to....heave.

To think of the money Evertonians payed in tickets and season-tickets to keep him in big fat watches, ironed-haired satsuma-coloured scrubbers, flat cars etc etc.

Fortunately he seems so dumb, I think I might live long enough to see him ’on the bones’.

NOTW, 2013 - "Former Toffees Star On Bones Of Arse!"

Fuckin’ hope so!