Ouzounidis led the appearances table for Everton players in Premier League 2 last season with 20 games, getting on the scoresheet against Leicester City's U23s, but he failed to make the step up to the senior squad.
Everton gave Ouzounidis a succession 1-year contract extensions in recent seasons, but are now set to release him this month as the terms of the last summer's extension are set to expire.
Reader Comments (3)
Note: the following content is not moderated or vetted by the site owners at the time of submission. Comments are the responsibility of the poster. Disclaimer
1 Posted 01/06/2021 at 14:42:12
- A short spell in the U18s
- Rapid promotion to the U23s
- Encouraged to develope and consolidate his role in the U23s over 2 or 3 seasons
- But only given 1-year extensions, so reassessed each season
- No spell out on loan (as it ain't what it's cracked up to be!)
- Swift decision made at age 21 to let him go, when his contract expires.
Could have been improved perhaps by flogging him for £15M in January... but we are not a club who seem to be able to pull off that particular trick.
2 Posted 01/06/2021 at 17:20:27
3 Posted 01/06/2021 at 17:29:50
On looking at the link above it is remarkable how few games some of these lads play in a season. How does that prepare them for a career in which, barring injury, they will be expected to play thirty five to forty games a season?
Add Your Comments
In order to post a comment, you need to be logged in as a registered user of the site.
Or Sign up as a ToffeeWeb Member — it's free, takes just a few minutes and will allow you to post your comments on articles and Talking Points submissions across the site.